Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
4 hrs ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #1

Jun 2008
Orange County, CA
Default Looking for multi-purpose wireless headphones

After trying to read through all the various threads, I still don't see what I'm looking for, so although I only visit this site once or twice a year, I thought I'd throw out my question - you guys have been helpful in the past.

Essentially, I recieved a pair of Bose QC15 headphones for Christmas. However, the wife thought they were wireless, as the main reason I'm looking at new headphones is for a wireless option (I have about 3-4 pairs of noice cancelling earbuds) so I can watch recorded TV and movies at night when she goes to sleep.

While there are many wireless headphones for TV, I'm thinking of a few additional usages - in that I travel for work and frequently watch movies on the flights (thus noice cancelling is nice), and the idea of Bluetooth connection to my phone (Galaxy Note II) is interesting - but I don't think I can use Bluetooth with my Onkyo TX-SR705 receiver. Is there some device I can put on an output jack on the Onkyo to convert into Bluetooth? I've seen many devices that RECEIVE Bluetooth signal to be used throughout my home theater/audio system, but none that convert the other way?

The idea of being able to use a closed pair of headphones (to keep from bothering others), wireless, with possible noise cancellation is appealing - just can't seem to find any here in Orange County, CA to try out live.

Does anyone have any ideas? I think I'm going to need to move to the $400-500 range (up from the $300 for the price of the Bose) to do this, but need to make sure things will work with all aspects. The TV requirement is the largest - and the primary reason to begin with.

Oh, and they need to be RF or something that travels through cabinets. I have my A/V equipment in a cabinet where I keep the doors closed while watching (which I could do when I upgraded my Logitech remote to the RF version a couple of years ago).

Any help you guys can provide would be great...just trying to figure this stuff out (or decided if I'll buy the $1.50 audio jack adapter and just use the corded Bose headphones and plug them into my Onkyo headphone jack

...........Main TV: Sony KDL-46XBR3
.........Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705
.......Cable Box: Motorola DCT3614-1
Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic BD-35
........Speakers: Polk 6880 5.1 Surround
............Power: Tripplite HT3100PC
..........Remote: Harmony 880
Old 03-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
Special Member

Sep 2010
Alaska

Do you game too?I just got the "turtle beach xp510". They're pretty solid.
PSN= akraven

NBA-BULLS
NFL-CHIEFS
MLB-anyone who beats the yankees
Old 04-25-2013, 03:15 AM   #3

Apr 2013

Very thank you for your message, I think Beats wireless Headphones earmuffs control, even so you do not pull out your music player.Take the call to switch tracks, skip songs, adjust the volume from your dr dre studiobeats headphone cable. For your phone or music player, but no more search to find the right song.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Expert Member

Jan 2009
San Fernando Valley
Send a message via AIM to lovgun7

Jaybird sportsband

i use them for running, laptop, and tablet ... great set if you can find them for $60 (i found them at Frys for that price)...
if its got boobs or an engine ... your gonna have problems ...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio