COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Little House on the Prairie: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$9.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$18.99
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$20.08
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers

Old 11-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #501

Jan 2008
Buffalo, NY
Default Bi amping for monitor 50?

Should I bi amp the monitor 50s to the denon 1913 and how do I do it and does it make any difference and sound?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #502

Jan 2012
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPOPPEREZ View Post
Should I bi amp the monitor 50s to the denon 1913 and how do I do it and does it make any difference and sound?
Here is a thread on bi-amping / bi-wiring http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=56058

My personal opinion from my own experience is that passive bi-amping achieves absolutely nothing.

This is how you bi-amp from denon 1913.

First make sure every thing is turned off.
Disconnect and remove the jumper bars from speaker terminals on speaker cabinets.

Run one set of wire from your main front left and right speaker terminals connect to the lower speaker terminal on the cabinets
Run another set of wires from surround back left and right to the upper speaker terminals on the cabinets.
Page 83 in your user manual has a diagram for the above.

Turn on receiver
Go into the manual setup menu , under amp assign select bi-amp.
Page 113 in the user manual.

You are now bi-amped.
|| AVR - Onkyo TX-NR1009 || Amps - Emotiva XPA-2 / Emotiva LPA-1 || TV - Misubishi WD60737 || BD Player - Sony BDP-S790 || CD Player - Denon DCM-290 || Gaming - Modified PS3 Fat / Modified Wii / PS4 (Pre-Ordered)|| Main L&R - Polk Audio Monitor 70II || Center - PolkAudio CS2II || Surround - Polk Audio Monitor 40II || Rear Surround - Polk Audio OWM3 || Front High -Polk Audio OWM3 || Subwoofer - 2 Polk Audio PSW505s || Harmony 1100 Remote ||
Old 11-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #503

Jan 2008
Buffalo, NY
Default Never mind

Not gonna waste my time. Thought it might give me better sound. Looking to get the best out of my receiver and speakers.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #504

Jan 2012
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPOPPEREZ View Post
Not gonna waste my time. Thought it might give me better sound. Looking to get the best out of my receiver and speakers.
Your receiver and speakers are what they are, if its calibrated thats all there is.

Speaker position will change thing up some as far as stereo image and what not.

The most important thing that affects your sound quality other than the speakers them selves and source material is your room. Room treatments make a world of difference.
|| AVR - Onkyo TX-NR1009 || Amps - Emotiva XPA-2 / Emotiva LPA-1 || TV - Misubishi WD60737 || BD Player - Sony BDP-S790 || CD Player - Denon DCM-290 || Gaming - Modified PS3 Fat / Modified Wii / PS4 (Pre-Ordered)|| Main L&R - Polk Audio Monitor 70II || Center - PolkAudio CS2II || Surround - Polk Audio Monitor 40II || Rear Surround - Polk Audio OWM3 || Front High -Polk Audio OWM3 || Subwoofer - 2 Polk Audio PSW505s || Harmony 1100 Remote ||
Old 11-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #505

Aug 2010
Idaho

Anyone have thoughts on the 1613? I saw it in best buys beat Friday ad for 275
Old 11-10-2012, 03:14 AM   #506

Jan 2008
Buffalo, NY
Default I just bough the 1913

I like it a lot read the reviews this is my first denon and I'm pretty happy with it so far wish they would come out with a update that had the better auddessey for free.bought a four service plan too if this lasts me ill stick with denon from here on out.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #507

Jan 2008
Buffalo, NY
Default Room treatments

I put up a closet door on the closet to close off open space. I reran audessey it seems to have better sound after I recalibrated I'm using the denon 1913 I'm quite happy with it now.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:30 AM   #508
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Northern Virginia I'm the Cosmic Champion and I hold a mystic sign.

Hey guys, I was probably going to pickup a AVR-1713 at BB to replace my blown AVR-791. And I was going to purchase a turntable also as I have quite a few LPs too. Seeing as how turntable and receiver tech has changed so much in the last 20 years, how would I hook one up to a new AVR-1713, please?

Old 11-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #509
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
Bay Area, CA PlayStation® 3 ID: SlmShdy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchman View Post
Anyone have thoughts on the 1613? I saw it in best buys beat Friday ad for 275
I just picked up the 1613 this morning through the early access promo. I bought a new Panasonic a couple weeks ago and now need a 3D receiver. $275 isn't bad for what you get in the package and all the reviews are great. I just needed something simple and the 1613 has everything I need in a living room setup. Now I just need to get some in-ceiling speakers to go with the receiver.
I Do Blu
Old 11-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #510
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
jO-hio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy12 View Post
Hey guys, I was probably going to pickup a AVR-1713 at BB to replace my blown AVR-791. And I was going to purchase a turntable also as I have quite a few LPs too. Seeing as how turntable and receiver tech has changed so much in the last 20 years, how would I hook one up to a new AVR-1713, please?
You will need a phono preamp to run a TT with that receiver, since there is not actual phono input on it.

http://www.needledoctor.com/Phono-Preamps

Bill
Wives and toddlers...can't live with them and people notice them missing.
Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous
Old 11-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #511

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

Hey everyone, sorry if this question has already been answered but is there a difference in audio quality between the 2312 or the 2113? I was edging towards the 2312 due to the extra optical input, but then I remembered that since they both support ARC the single optical in the 2113 won't be taken up by the TV audio...
Also disregarding any ipod related functions since I don't have one, which would people recommend?
Reviewers exist to judge the content, not judge the viewer.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #512
Power Member

May 2011
Earth

Review of the 4520

http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1353372722253
Old 12-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #513
Power Member

May 2011
Earth

Denon 4520 review......................

Old 12-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #514

Aug 2010

I've been having audio problems on a couple blu-rays I just bought. I was wondering of anyone here would be able to see what problems I'm having based on the situations. I'll repost what I put on the forums for the films themselves.

For Lawrence or Arabia:

Hey guys, I might have an audio problem with this disc. I bought the Collector's Edition set and started watching the movie on my 7.1 setup and realized that there's no audio coming out of the Left and Right surround speakers, only the surround speakers at the very back. I have it on Pro Logic II cinema which is supposed to expand the sound to the very back speakers. When I turn Pro Logic II cinema off, the Left and Right surround speakers are on again but obviously the speakers at the very back are off. I turned Pro Logic II cinema on again and the same results happened as when I had it on the first time. Is this a problem with all the blu-rays of this film or just my disc?

For Ben-Hur:

Hey, I might have an audio problem with this blu-ray. I'm hearing weird popping and crackling noises when I have it on. Two spots where I definitely know they're there 9:20 and 9:30 (the scene where the wise men are looking at the stars). Is this supposed to be normal? Or do I have a defective disc?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #515

Aug 2010

Hey guys, I have a Denon AVR 1910 receiver with a 7.1 setup I've been having audio problems on a couple blu-rays I just bought. I was wondering of anyone here would be able to see what problems I'm having based on the situations. I'll repost what I put on the forums for the films themselves.

For Lawrence or Arabia:

Hey guys, I might have an audio problem with this disc. I bought the Collector's Edition set and started watching the movie on my 7.1 setup and realized that there's no audio coming out of the Left and Right surround speakers, only the surround speakers at the very back. I have it on Pro Logic II cinema which is supposed to expand the sound to the very back speakers. When I turn Pro Logic II cinema off, the Left and Right surround speakers are on again but obviously the speakers at the very back are off. I turned Pro Logic II cinema on again and the same results happened as when I had it on the first time. Is this a problem with all the blu-rays of this film or just my disc?

For Ben-Hur:

Hey, I might have an audio problem with this blu-ray. I'm hearing weird popping and crackling noises when I have it on. Two spots where I definitely know they're there 9:20 and 9:30 (the scene where the wise men are looking at the stars). Is this supposed to be normal? Or do I have a defective disc?

Thanks in advance for anyone who could give me any feedback as to what the problem is!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:51 AM   #516
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Bainbridge Island, WA

What is the format of the audio coming from the player for Arabia? If it is 5.1, then PLII should have no effect. If it is stereo and PLII sends sound to your rear speakers, that suggests you have your surround and rear speakers attached to the wrong terminals. PLII expands stereo sources to 5.1, which is the surrounds, not the rears. PLIIx will expand stereo and 5.1 sources to 7.1, which adds in the rears.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 AM   #517

Dec 2012

was watching The Day the Earth Stood Still. The light came on for that one. The other was a Nicolus Cage movie he in tokyo or something like that. He is a hitman. Movie was not good. Plus the grainyness was driving me crazy. I appreciate you getting back to me. I have only watched two. Just got everthing hooked up Saturday.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #518
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Kansas City area

The Denon firmware update to address Pandora functionality issue has finally been released. The "6 minute" update only took about 25 minutes and Pandora seems to be back to normal again.
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Salk Sound: Supercharged SongTower, Supercharged SongCenter, Surround I rears, Salk/Rythmik 12" sub x2
Denon AVR-4311, PS3, Harmony Ultimate
Old 12-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #519

Jul 2012

Guys I have one question please help me if you can...
I just want to know whats the default surround mode?
I have Denon AVR 1312 and a Blu-ray player that has DTS & Dolby trueHD connected to the AVR with 6 speakers.
But when I taste Blu-rays like The Game (Criterion Collection)
When I put the surround mode to DTS Neo:6 the sound comes from all the channels but the voice of actors doesn't come clear.
But when I put the mode to Virtual or stereo the voice comes very clear but the audio comes only from 2 channels!
I've edited the channel's level so no problems from there.
Is it something from the AVR settings or my Blu-ray player?
I think I don't need to use surround mode for Blu-rays but how can I fix this?
Old 12-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #520
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aseel View Post
Guys I have one question please help me if you can...
I just want to know whats the default surround mode?
I have Denon AVR 1312 and a Blu-ray player that has DTS & Dolby trueHD connected to the AVR with 6 speakers.
But when I taste Blu-rays like The Game (Criterion Collection)
When I put the surround mode to DTS Neo:6 the sound comes from all the channels but the voice of actors doesn't come clear.
But when I put the mode to Virtual or stereo the voice comes very clear but the audio comes only from 2 channels!
I've edited the channel's level so no problems from there.
Is it something from the AVR settings or my Blu-ray player?
I think I don't need to use surround mode for Blu-rays but how can I fix this?
The problem is in the audio setup on the receiver. Set the audio to bitstream on the receiver, and the blu-ray player, to play the soundtrack in lossless audio.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers