COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.18
Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
$27.63
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.13
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 12-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #22641
Special Member

Apr 2010
Western Australia SteelBooks:........................49
Send a message via MSN to Blu-RayNut Send a message via Skype™ to Blu-RayNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexp80 View Post
Well there are new releases. I'll get those up front. As I don't get to the cinema as often as I'd like I'm happy to blind buy new releases for certain films. Other than that I have a raft of DVD upgrade titles and catalogue blind buys that I basically save up and when there's a new release title I want to buy or something on sale big time I'll add a few of those in that are at a good price to spread out the shipping costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechy View Post
Random for me guess if I feel like seeing something I haven't seen/or feel like watching and don't own is pretty much when I buy or if something's real cheap
Both of those are kinda like what I do.

I have tried following a methodic approach where I buy a new flick coupled with one I am upgrading from DVD, but with rarities, and specials, I always go back to being random, or if the films come in a series, I end up buying the whole series of films, kinda just falls apart.

It's a system that I believed would help me build my collection while also still save for holiday to Europe, I think I need to be a little more disciplined.
My Setup:- TV - Sony Bravia KDL-40V4000, Blu-ray Player - Sony BDP-S570, Amplifier - Yamaha HTR-6130, Speakers - Sherwood GSP-5110 5.1 Ch Speaker System.

Wanted: Slips for Lady & The Tramp, Pinocchio, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Life of Pi, & World War Z
Old 12-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #22642
Power Member

Jan 2010
Australia

Quote:
Well there are new releases. I'll get those up front. As I don't get to the cinema as often as I'd like I'm happy to blind buy new releases for certain films. Other than that I have a raft of DVD upgrade titles and catalogue blind buys that I basically save up and when there's a new release title I want to buy or something on sale big time I'll add a few of those in that are at a good price to spread out the shipping costs.
You do EXACTLY what I do. On that note. I just made another order

"Playstation 3: Journey Collector's Edition" Video Game; $29.96
"Alice (2009 Miniseries) [Blu-ray] $12.18
"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation [Blu-ray] $8.00
"Blazing Saddles / Caddyshack / National Lampoon's [Blu-ray] $9.99
"Killer Joe [Blu-ray] $16.99
"National Lampoon's Vacation [Blu-ray] $14.99

Shipping Method: AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping
Items: AUD 92.35
Shipping & Handling: AUD 40.05
------
Total before tax: AUD 132.40
Estimated tax to be collected: USD 0.00
------
Order Total: AUD 132.40

Delivery estimate: Jan. 3, 2013 - Jan. 9, 2013
FOR SALE/TRADE: US Dexter 1-7 Collection (NEW) - JP Predator head/bust movie trilogy limited to 1500 (NEW) - Walking Dead Collectors Edition 2+3 zombie head and Governor's Aquarium (NEW) WANTED: Criterion titles - The Buster Keaton Collection - Zatoichi Collection

Yamaha YHT-994AU Home Theatre
Oppo BDP-93
55" LG Cinema 3D 55LW6500
Old 12-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #22643
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Just Watched: THE HOBBIT
I've been waiting for this film since I read the book a year ago. I've seen every blog from Peter Jackson and was so excited today that I almost screamed during the ads before the screening. I will not say a word of it but a few; simply amazing. Highly expected of a Peter Jackson to bring the magical world and story of the Hobbit in the same brilliant way he brought us LOTR. Some scenes and elements were out of the book but implemented brilliantly.
Will be the best Blu-ray release next year and like TDKR, I will buy as many editions as my wallet allows. Cannot wait for Part 2
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #22644
Special Member

Apr 2010
Western Australia SteelBooks:........................49
Send a message via MSN to Blu-RayNut Send a message via Skype™ to Blu-RayNut

Watched:

The International.

I enjoy this film a lot. Very effective political/crime thriller.

Think I love the most is the use of the piano in the early scenes of the film, it sort of frames the way the investigation of the bank unfolds, much like a spider spinning its web.
My Setup:- TV - Sony Bravia KDL-40V4000, Blu-ray Player - Sony BDP-S570, Amplifier - Yamaha HTR-6130, Speakers - Sherwood GSP-5110 5.1 Ch Speaker System.

Wanted: Slips for Lady & The Tramp, Pinocchio, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Life of Pi, & World War Z
Old 12-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #22645
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Loving:

Em and I have watched the first 4 episodes. 10/10 so far.

Ta Dono
Source: iPod 160G in Arcam DrDock, 2x Oppo BDP-103D's (Blu-ray, CD, SACD and DVD Audio), PS3 and PS4.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009, 2x Marantz MM7055's (10 amps bi-amping 5 channels).
Speakers (7.3 system): 4 x Polk RTiA7's, Polk CSP 1000, 2x Atlantic TLC-8.2, Polk PSW 1200, 2x SVS SB Ultra 13's and triple buttkicker system.
Projection: Dreamvision Yunzi + 3 Tentation Ltd. Ed.
Headgear: Woo WA22 (tube amp), Oppo HA-1 (DAC and amp), Audeze LCD-3.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #22646

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMate View Post
Just Watched: THE HOBBIT
I've been waiting for this film since I read the book a year ago. I've seen every blog from Peter Jackson and was so excited today that I almost screamed during the ads before the screening. I will not say a word of it but a few; simply amazing. Highly expected of a Peter Jackson to bring the magical world and story of the Hobbit in the same brilliant way he brought us LOTR. Some scenes and elements were out of the book but implemented brilliantly.
Will be the best Blu-ray release next year and like TDKR, I will buy as many editions as my wallet allows. Cannot wait for Part 2
I'm finally seeing it today, in the 48fps 3D release. I was tempted to go 2D, but I'll be doing that for the Blu-Ray, so I thought I should atleast try out the new 48fps format.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #22647
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
Loving:

Em and I have watched the first 4 episodes. 10/10 so far.

Ta Dono
It's pretty awesome, huh! Glad you're enjoying it
Old 12-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #22648
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
I'm finally seeing it today, in the 48fps 3D release. I was tempted to go 2D, but I'll be doing that for the Blu-Ray, so I thought I should atleast try out the new 48fps format.
The new format takes a bit of adjusting to - it looks a bit sped up in parts and the picture looks really smooth. It's hard to describe but I'm not won over yet as it distracted from the Hobbit too much. Good movie though!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #22649

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
The new format takes a bit of adjusting to - it looks a bit sped up in parts and the picture looks really smooth. It's hard to describe but I'm not won over yet as it distracted from the Hobbit too much. Good movie though!
Would you compare it to those televisions that have that 'motion' hertz thing set too high? I can't stand that.. makes it look so fake.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #22650
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
Would you compare it to those televisions that have that 'motion' hertz thing set too high? I can't stand that.. makes it look so fake.
Got it in one mate. Instead of immersing you in the movie it makes all the CG look CG, and all the rest as green screen or set. You'll like the movie though!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #22651

May 2009
New Zealand

Oh wells, i'll try it out :P
Old 12-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #22652

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Well, well, well. Lookie what we have here:

2x Amazon orders courtesy of MSI - both 1 week late. I also received the Warner Bros UK Hitchcock Collection from The Hut to complement the local Universal one.

Had to get the DigiBook of Shawshank Redemption as it's my favourite film of all time and can't wait to revisit Catch Me If You Can. Really looking forward to checking out the Criterions as well.

All the outstanding orders have now arrived. Amazon have really done themselves a disservice using MSI though. I was polite and pleasant in my communication but still expressed my disappointment and as a result they've refunded 40% of my total order costs spread out over the 11 packages shipped during the Black Friday period. That's an incredible loss to incur as a result of a single shipping company.
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10. New/sealed. Price includes shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update June 8! |--
Old 12-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #22653
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:

2x Amazon orders courtesy of MSI - both 1 week late. I also received the Warner Bros UK Hitchcock Collection from The Hut to complement the local Universal one.

Had to get the DigiBook of Shawshank Redemption as it's my favourite film of all time and can't wait to revisit Catch Me If You Can. Really looking forward to checking out the Criterions as well.

All the outstanding orders have now arrived. Amazon have really done themselves a disservice using MSI though. I was polite and pleasant in my communication but still expressed my disappointment and as a result they've refunded 40% of my total order costs spread out over the 11 packages shipped during the Black Friday period. That's an incredible loss to incur as a result of a single shipping company.
I ummed and ahhed over getting Following, so let me know what it's like. The others you'll love - excellent choices

I'm still waiting on two MSI orders, both of which had the shipping refunded due to their extreme tardiness. I'm also waiting on one from Amazon DE - how long do they usually take?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #22654

Dec 2010
Victoria, Australia

These arrived today:

That's the last of my overdue MSI orders.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #22655
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Thats strange. I noticed a difference in terms of the film looker a tad quicker and very clear but had no problems. i didnt need to adjust as by 20 mins in, i was pretty much used to it. To me, it didnt at all make the CGI look unrealistic and removed from the film. Maybe thats just me...also, im sure i did watch it in 48fps. Event cinemas website claims it so.
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #22656
Special Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Huzzah! BF sale MSI parcel number 1 has finally arrived! Despite being 20 days late.

The Cinderella slipcase is quite lovely.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #22657

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Quote:
I ummed and ahhed over getting Following, so let me know what it's like. The others you'll love - excellent choices

I'm still waiting on two MSI orders, both of which had the shipping refunded due to their extreme tardiness. I'm also waiting on one from Amazon DE - how long do they usually take?
Well I've already seen Following. I love it. I sourced out Following immediately after seeing Memento on release and I've been a Nolan fan ever since. I've had the fortune of being a fan from the indie beginnings right through to his recent blockbuster successes. Some fans are really rabid regarding Nolan taking on an almost Metallica-esque "they sold out after Justice!" approach. Me, I love both his early and more recent works and despite the grander scales and increased budget I still find his work to feature the little touches and professionalism in areas you don't see in big films usually.

It's been about 5 years since I last saw Following so I'll let you know what my thoughts are once I've viewed it again but I can't see any reason my thoughts would have changed.

Amazon DE is quite good. Sometimes you get a tracking number, other times not. Still they usually average around 12-14 days using standard shipping which is not too bad considering the recent post issues. They pack well if there are any issues they respond in English.
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10. New/sealed. Price includes shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update June 8! |--
Old 12-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #22658
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
New Zealand

Watched: Drive Angry (7/10)

Bought: Mad Men Season 5
Old 12-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #22659

Nov 2012
Sydney

Quote:

Very nice haul
Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #22660
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMate View Post
Thats strange. I noticed a difference in terms of the film looker a tad quicker and very clear but had no problems. i didnt need to adjust as by 20 mins in, i was pretty much used to it. To me, it didnt at all make the CGI look unrealistic and removed from the film. Maybe thats just me...also, im sure i did watch it in 48fps. Event cinemas website claims it so.
[Show spoiler]Yeah, it was after the feast at Bilbo's where they were singing when i finally adjusted, but when he went running through Hobbiton trying to catch up with the group is when the CG thing really started to bug me and it stayed with me through the whole film, especially at Rivendell and the final battle with the one armed orc!
But as i said i really enjoyed it

Quote:
Well I've already seen Following. I love it. I sourced out Following immediately after seeing Memento on release and I've been a Nolan fan ever since. I've had the fortune of being a fan from the indie beginnings right through to his recent blockbuster successes. Some fans are really rabid regarding Nolan taking on an almost Metallica-esque "they sold out after Justice!" approach. Me, I love both his early and more recent works and despite the grander scales and increased budget I still find his work to feature the little touches and professionalism in areas you don't see in big films usually.

It's been about 5 years since I last saw Following so I'll let you know what my thoughts are once I've viewed it again but I can't see any reason my thoughts would have changed.

Amazon DE is quite good. Sometimes you get a tracking number, other times not. Still they usually average around 12-14 days using standard shipping which is not too bad considering the recent post issues. They pack well if there are any issues they respond in English.
Sounds like i should just bite the bullet and grab it. Should've done it while they were stupidly cheap but oh well!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia