COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Just Go With It (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sankarea Undying Love: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$43.08
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Black Dynamite (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #301
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboxbydegrees View Post
Why? They don't like making money? It baffles me how some of these companies won't release stuff on blu. Syfy is an example. I like some of their series but I won't buy any of them because they won't put them out on blu.
It's just the way they've operated, ever since DVD became the main home video format.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #302
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA
Default Returning January 5

DC Nation is returning January 5 with new episodes for Young Justice:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=71313
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #303
KenKRK80

testing.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #304
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007
N.E. Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
DC Nation is returning January 5 with new episodes for Young Justice:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=71313
Finally!!!!!! Its about time.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #305
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA
Default Promo Video

Promo Video for January return:
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #306
Power Member

Nov 2007
417 Land, Missouri

cant wait for this to be back, I need a cartoon with more action & better plot's then what's out there right now.
The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with watches you from the mirror every morning.

PSN ID: jwblu
Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #307
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Was not aware that the series had progressed after episode 7. I figured they were due for one of their unexplained breaks. Thanks for the heads up. I can catch up on the last 3 while waiting for the series to continue!!
Front Sound Stage: Clearwave Dynamics LCR Surround Sound: 4*AV 123 X-LS Encore, LFE: 2*JBL W15GTI Subwoofers,
Primary Display: Sharp LC-70C6400U Secondary Display: Mitsubishi HC6800
Power Protection:
APC AV S20BLK AVP: Marantz AV8801
AMP: Sherbourn PA 7-350
Old 12-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #308
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Another new promo:
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!

Last edited by doctorD; 12-21-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #309
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Now that Marvel has been fully taken over by Disney, don't expect much from their cartoons in the future. The way Cartoon Network has jerked YJ around the schedule, I don't expect it to get a renewal past the second season.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #310
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Now that Marvel has been fully taken over by Disney, don't expect much from their cartoons in the future. The way Cartoon Network has jerked YJ around the schedule, I don't expect it to get a renewal past the second season.
Those two statements don't have anything to do with each other, though, right?

I mean... Young Justice is DC... and Time Warner (last I was aware) was the parent company of both DC and Cartoon Network.

There's really no reason why Marvel (and Disney XD) can't do the same thing that DC Nation was trying to do... only, it sure seems like Disney and Marvel have a far better co-existence than DC has ever had within Warner Brothers.
Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #311
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe View Post
Those two statements don't have anything to do with each other, though, right?

I mean... Young Justice is DC... and Time Warner (last I was aware) was the parent company of both DC and Cartoon Network.

There's really no reason why Marvel (and Disney XD) can't do the same thing that DC Nation was trying to do... only, it sure seems like Disney and Marvel have a far better co-existence than DC has ever had within Warner Brothers.
No you are right, my comments were only tangentially related. Disney will obviously go in a more kid-friendly direction, which is the safer corporate option for their Marvel cartoons. Once Young Justice is off the air, I wonder if Cartoon Network will go in the same direction...
Old 12-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #312
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Yeah... While Disney and Marvel could do what DC has been doing... I agree, it sure seems like they want to go more kid-friendly. Nothing wrong with that, I mean I always think it is good if they make quality stuff aimed at kids too. A lot of kids' cartoons today are kind of crap.

I really don't get the roller-coaster scheduling the last couple of years with Cartoon Network... It's like they don't want us to watch.
Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #313
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

There is no way this is getting cancelled after this season. It's too good! I stopped watching Marvel shows after watching Ultimate Spider-Man. They completely ruined the comic book. I hope they cancel that one instead and bring us more serious cartoons like this one.

Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you would deny it to the entire world. And we will not be denied.
GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 12-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #314
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3-Playb3yond View Post
There is no way this is getting cancelled after this season. It's too good! I stopped watching Marvel shows after watching Ultimate Spider-Man. They completely ruined the comic book. I hope they cancel that one instead and bring us more serious cartoons like this one.
Well Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was mostly adult oriented and was a great show. But unfortunately the series just ended after 2 seasons. I wasn't crazy about Ultimate Spiderman at the beginning but it has actually gotten a lot better.
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #315
Power Member

Nov 2007
417 Land, Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3-Playb3yond View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
Well Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was mostly adult oriented and was a great show. But unfortunately the series just ended after 2 seasons. I wasn't crazy about Ultimate Spiderman at the beginning but it has actually gotten a lot better.
I think Ultimate Spider-man is good. I do like the comic better then the show, but I'll wait & see what the second season has to bring to the table. ( maybe a better Venom?)
The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with watches you from the mirror every morning.

PSN ID: jwblu
Old 12-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #316
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

I would have a much more favorable opinion of Ultimate Spider-Man if they hadn't tried forcing in teen versions of recognizable Marvel heroes. It's an abomination what they have done to Luke Cage and Iron Fist on the show. It's also the best animation I've ever seen for a superhero cartoon on a weekly basis, but so much of it seems dedicated to selling toys and accessories. I am not a huge fan of inserting Shield into Peter's life so much.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #317

Dec 2009

I can't even get caught up on this show if I wanted to. Where the hell is the blu-ray? I just can't revert to watching the DVD especially since it's freaking broadcasting in HD!
Tron Legacy on my HT

Pioneer Elite SC-27 + Emotiva XPA-5
Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 11 v6
Center: Paradigm CC-390
Surrounds: Paradigm Monitor 9 v6
Backs: Hsu Research HB-1 MK2
Sub: Dual Epik Empires
Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #318
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Back on this coming Saturday. Here are some more new clips:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=72013
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #319
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007
N.E. Ohio

FINALLY! How many episodes are left?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #320
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboxbydegrees View Post
FINALLY! How many episodes are left?
A lot of the second season hasn't aired at all. They could run new episodes for months on a weekly basis.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television