Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Breakfast Club (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #501

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post

Feliz Navidad to all!

And in Dutch.."Prettige Kerstdagen".

Enjoy the festivities JJ and my best wishes for a great 2013!
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - McIntosh - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - PS Audio - Rega - Valab/King - Wave Acoustic
Old 12-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #502
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Merry Christmas
Video: Panasonic 55" P55ST50, Oppo BDP-103
Amplification: Integra DTR-40.2, Naim Nait XS-2 Integrated, Jolida FX Tube DAC
Speakers: Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210 C, DM 2/6, Energy C-50
Subwoofer:
Hsu VTF-2 MK4, Auralex Subriser

Bedroom: Samsung LNT-4061 40" LCD, Sony BDP-360, XBox 360
Girls room: Vizio 32" VX32L, Sony Upconverting DVD player
Boys room: Samsung 32" LN32B360, Panasonic BD-35k
Old 12-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #503
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Merry X-Mas Alex.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:16 AM   #504
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Southern New Mexico

Merry Christmas Alex!!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #505
Power Member

Sep 2007
Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepherman View Post
Merry Christmas Alex!!
Thanks everyone! Same to you and yours
Old 12-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #506
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Miami, FL
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ Send a message via Skype™ to JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intamin View Post
JJ, the whole Miami vs Indy cost of living sure helps on my end, but I doubt you'd trade that Florida sun or the Miami clubs for my weather and cheaper living haha.
My monthly rent is

Hope you had a great Christmas, bro!

And yes. I can't drive a Camaro in your weather. You already tried,
- Orbis non Sufficit
================

Sonus Faber Venere - Epik Empire
Panasonic 65ZT60 - Emotiva XPA-3
Pioneer Elite VSX-03 - Pioneer Elite DV-48 - Sony S790
Old 12-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #507
Power Member

Sep 2007
Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
My monthly rent is

Hope you had a great Christmas, bro!

And yes. I can't drive a Camaro in your weather. You already tried,
Haha, very true. I gave up after our first snow and realized it was hopeless unless I had a second car, which would have been excessive and a waste.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #508
Power Member

Sep 2007
Indianapolis

The xsp-1 is back in stock so I ordered one today I figured it'd be a better evaluation than the integra since I have the octave as a point of reference. The XPR-1s shipped today as well. Looks like I've got some fun in the near future.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #509
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
The xsp-1 is back in stock so I ordered one today I figured it'd be a better evaluation than the integra since I have the octave as a point of reference. The XPR-1s shipped today as well. Looks like I've got some fun in the near future.
Nice!

I've been on the fence ever since it came out about trying one. The crossing the border thing and no free shipping is what has stopped me. It's kind of easier just to sell Emo gear here in Canada if you don't like it, don't have to deal with customs and it ends up costing about the same.

I'll be very interested in your impressions of it.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #510
Contributor

Apr 2009
Corner Totem Ave. and Bryston Blvd, Arcam Shire

Quote:

Congrats on the XSP-1
What Octave do you have Alex?
Olivier
Panasonic TC-P55ST30
Oppo BDP-83, Bel Canto 3.5vb DAC
Arcam AVR400 Receiver, Bryston 6B-SST Power Amp, Totem Forests Signature L/R, Totem Model One Sig. Center, Totem Mites Surrounds, TotemTress Speaker cables
Nordost White Lightning Interconnects,
JL Audio Fathom f113 Gloss Black, Acco Accoustic Panels

Old 12-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #511
Power Member

Sep 2007
Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Congrats on the XSP-1
What Octave do you have Alex?
thanks. I had the v70-se prior to selling it for the confidence center. It was only in my system a little over a month probably. Maybe two.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #512
Power Member

Sep 2007
Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
Nice!

I've been on the fence ever since it came out about trying one. The crossing the border thing and no free shipping is what has stopped me. It's kind of easier just to sell Emo gear here in Canada if you don't like it, don't have to deal with customs and it ends up costing about the same.

I'll be very interested in your impressions of it.
Thanks Andrew, Ill let you know. I honestly think none of it will stay, but it'll be fun to try. Have you gotten the 5.4s dialed in yet?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #513
Power Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Thanks Andrew, Ill let you know. I honestly think none of it will stay, but it'll be fun to try. Have you gotten the 5.4s dialed in yet?
Hey Alex. Just curious as to why you think none of it will stay?
Speakers - Monitor Audio GX300 - GX350C - GXFX
Subwoofers - Dual Definitive Technology Trinity Subwoofers
Amps - Bryston 4bsst2 2 channal - Brystom 5bst 3 channel
Pre/Pros - Denon 4311 - Cambridge Audio 840E Preamp
Sources - PS3 - Maranta NA7004 - Denon 1713
Power and Protection - 2 Panamax 5400 PM
Cabling - Audioquest Rocket 33 biwire - Diamondbacks - Forest - SubX - NRGX3 - Evergreen Optilink
Old 12-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #514
Contributor

Apr 2009

Quote:
thanks. I had the v70-se prior to selling it for the confidence center. It was only in my system a little over a month probably. Maybe two.
Man I just don't remember it but I am sure I have seen it. har to remeber exactly how an amp sounded a month ago bu tyou surely have a good reference there. Only Ocatve i heard was the V40se driving the Focus 160 and the combo was really nice.
Olivier
Panasonic TC-P55ST30
Arcam AVR400 Receiver, Bryston 6B-SST Power Amp, Totem Forests Signature L/R, Totem Model One Sig. Center, Totem Mites Surrounds, TotemTress Speaker cables

Old 12-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #515
Power Member

Sep 2007
Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellB View Post
Hey Alex. Just curious as to why you think none of it will stay?
A few factors...size/look/placement first, because I'm not sure how it'll all fit in and if it looks stupid I'll get rid of it. Secondly, I'm not expecting there to be an improvement, so if I don't hear one it'll go back. And third, while the cost is cheap relative to other options, it's still ~$3,500 so I want to be wowed compared to what I have and to also feel like ill get enough use out of it to warrant the cost. So the deck is definitely stacked against the emos, but I am looking forward to trying it out. When I had my pass it essentially cost me 200 to try it for a month. I figure the return shipping will be about that much and worth the effort/fun.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:32 AM   #516
Power Member

Sep 2007
Indianapolis

Quote:
Man I just don't remember it but I am sure I have seen it. har to remeber exactly how an amp sounded a month ago bu tyou surely have a good reference there. Only Ocatve i heard was the V40se driving the Focus 160 and the combo was really nice.
It's ok, I'll forgive you it was a good unit and I really liked it, but wanted to focus on my ht so dumped it. I've still got the itch for a hybrid system, but don't want to cross tubes and SS for the HT.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #517
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Well like I said, even if you don't keep them it's still worth the cash to ship them back, a small price to pay to find out how far you'd like to take things.

I've got a buddy coming over tomorrow to have a listen, he's the only friend I've got in town who has a really nice system. He's running the Anthem D2v, Anthem P5 and just got some Monitor Audio Platinum's, I have yet to hear his MA's. So later tonight I'll take some measurements and get the 5.4's in the optimal position and then run Audyessy Pro.

Do you have many friends who are local that are into audio? Or do most of your friends think your nuts like mine do? I can't discuss anything about audio with them as the conversation always turns into how much the cost has been. Would rather not disclose that to people who aren't interested as they just don't understand.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #518
Power Member

Sep 2007
Indianapolis

Quote:
Well like I said, even if you don't keep them it's still worth the cash to ship them back, a small price to pay to find out how far you'd like to take things.

I've got a buddy coming over tomorrow to have a listen, he's the only friend I've got in town who has a really nice system. He's running the Anthem D2v, Anthem P5 and just got some Monitor Audio Platinum's, I have yet to hear his MA's. So later tonight I'll take some measurements and get the 5.4's in the optimal position and then run Audyessy Pro.

Do you have many friends who are local that are into audio? Or do most of your friends think your nuts like mine do? I can't discuss anything about audio with them as the conversation always turns into how much the cost has been. Would rather not disclose that to people who aren't interested as they just don't understand.
My friends are the same; they just don't get it. The main question/comment is how loud will it play. I have met up with a guy through audiocircle a few years back, and we had planned on getting together again sometime but haven't worked it out. He's got Daedalus' top of line speakers and an ayon integrated, so I'd like to hear it.

Sounds like your g2g should be fun. I've always wanted to hear the platinums, so when you listen let me know how the compare. The dealer I got my c2s from in Dayton had a pair there but didn't get to listen. He had the center as well; holy shit is it massive!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #519
Contributor

Apr 2009

Quote:

What they don't understand either is how great a system can be for $2K but even 2 K for them it's still not worth it . Tried to get my brother in law to get some Rainmakers and an small Arcam IA for less than 2K but he thought it was too much , so now he has a Yamah 2 channel receiver driving some Energy CB-20, it's alright but not really on par with the Rainmakers Arcam combo.
Olivier
Panasonic TC-P55ST30

Old 12-27-2012, 02:01 AM   #520
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
My friends are the same; they just don't get it. The main question/comment is how loud will it play. I have met up with a guy through audiocircle a few years back, and we had planned on getting together again sometime but haven't worked it out. He's got Daedalus' top of line speakers and an ayon integrated, so I'd like to hear it.

Sounds like your g2g should be fun. I've always wanted to hear the platinums, so when you listen let me know how the compare. The dealer I got my c2s from in Dayton had a pair there but didn't get to listen. He had the center as well; holy shit is it massive!
Quote:
What they don't understand either is how great a system can be for $2K but even 2 K for them it's still not worth it . Tried to get my brother in law to get some Rainmakers and an small Arcam IA for less than 2K but he thought it was too much , so now he has a Yamah 2 channel receiver driving some Energy CB-20, it's alright but not really on par with the Rainmakers Arcam combo.
It's been awhile since I've heard any of his gear. They moved roughly 1.5 yrs ago and have been renovating the house plus had a second child. The reno was just fully completed a few weeks ago so he treated himself to some new speakers and a Panasonic pj/ 106 inch screen. He's anxious for me to get over and hear it so hopefully it'll happen soon. He hasn't had anything hooked up until recently since they moved in so he's pretty stoked.

A couple of my neighbors have descent little two channel system but most of my friends think Bose is good or have cheap HTIB. Most people I know are more concerned whether a piece of gear has an IPod dock to play mp3's and think a 7 channel system for $1k is really expensive. That being said they have other hobbies that I consider way too expensive, for example I was shocked at the cost of a friends customs set of golf clubs.

So what's expensive to some isn't expensive to others, just depends on what your into I guess.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries