COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$62.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Bates Motel: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Lost: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Once Upon a Time in America (Blu-ray)
$13.89
A-Channel: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 12-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #1761
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan View Post
Also tried the app and it's so much faster and you don't have to point towards the player, excellent remote. Will be using this instead from now on
Good point, I don't care for the Oppo remote as the buttons are hard to push... Prefer using my Logitech.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #1762
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
I tried these steps and the Kuro had a magenta hue to everything on screen. I thought I screwed up a connection since the Oppo BDP-105 was a new component. Swawpped cable, HDMI ports, rebooted the pre-pro...then I remembered I tried this setting. Went back to Auto instead of Color 3 and everything's back to normal.

I did have my unit ISF calibrated. Maybe he set something that doesn't agree with Color 3...just guessing since I stopped watching the tech.

-H
If you lock a color space on the Kuro, you should match it in your player by selecting the same color space in the Oppo. If that doesn't make any difference, just set both to auto or to whatever it was set to when calibrated.

If a calibration was done using a certain color space, changing the color space will give you a different result.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #1763

May 2009
Richmond, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech-UK View Post
If you lock a color space on the Kuro, you should match it in your player by selecting the same color space in the Oppo. If that doesn't make any difference, just set both to auto or to whatever it was set to when calibrated.

If a calibration was done using a certain color space, changing the color space will give you a different result.
Tried it already...went back to 4:4:4. Great results.
TV: Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / BD: MW Oppo BDP-105 / PVR: Arris Gateway
Pre/Pro: Classe Audio SSP-800 / Amps: Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
Front: B & W 802Di / Center: B & W HTM2Di / Surround: B & W CCM818 / Sub: JL Audio Fathom F113
Rack: SolidTech Rack of Silence Reference 3 and Reference 4 / Power Conditioning: RGPC Substation 240v + 1200Custom
Cables: White Zombie Audio 0.0 XLR Interconnects / Clear Day Dbl Shotgun Speaker Cables w/ WBT Locking Banana / LessLoss DFPC Original
Old 12-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #1764
Banned

Feb 2010
St. Paul Minnesota

Anybody else noticing that with current firmware the 93 will sometimes jump a few frames during a blu ray movie?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #1765
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post
Anybody else noticing that with current firmware the 93 will sometimes jump a few frames during a blu ray movie?
Which BD did you see this happen?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Old 12-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #1766
Banned

Feb 2010
St. Paul Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd View Post
Which BD did you see this happen?

Different movies, I've isolated it to the player and I had my 93 exchanged for another 93- they all seemingly do this.

It's very easy to miss, most will never notice it.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #1767
Power Member

Feb 2008
-

I have to give props to Oppo's customer service, especially during this busy Holiday season. I sent my 93 in last Saturday because the wireless connection would not stay connected and I had to re-establish the connection each time I turned it back on. They received it today at 4:00PM EST, repaired it, and have sent it back to me at 8:00PM EST. It is estimated to arrive by next Friday. I know I still have to give it the "once over" when I finally get it back, but wanted to say how awesome their customer service is (so far!)
I looked up the phrase 'Getting It Done' in the dictionary and it said, "See Marvel Cinematic Universe 2008-present".
Old 12-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #1768
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
California

Quote:
Different movies, I've isolated it to the player and I had my 93 exchanged for another 93- they all seemingly do this.

It's very easy to miss, most will never notice it.
If you can give me the exact time in a BD I'd like to test it with my 95.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Old 12-22-2012, 05:07 AM   #1769
Banned

Feb 2010
St. Paul Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd View Post
If you can give me the exact time in a BD I'd like to test it with my 95.
No it's not repeatable in each movie, it's a rolling glitch affecting playback.
Every other movie or so, a frame will skip, sometimes you'll miss it- but the player is the culprit.
I exchanged my first 93 for another 93 thinking it was just one player, it's obviously a platform wide glitch.

Very hard to notice.
Probably a bug caused by last firmware, or it's always been there and I just now noticed it.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #1770

Dec 2010

What exactly does the "3D TV size" video setting do? I understand it's supposed to reduce 3D artifacts, but how is this related to the screen size?
Old 12-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #1771
Special Member

Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
What exactly does the "3D TV size" video setting do? I understand it's supposed to reduce 3D artifacts, but how is this related to the screen size?
It effects the Parallax, by sacrificing some of the horizontal resolution of the image according to the inputted screen size setting resulting in a optimal 3D image. Usually the 3D movies you are viewing have been shot with specific audience angles of viewing and screen size in mind. This is a modest way to compensate for the screen size differences.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:14 AM   #1772
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevema View Post
Okey but I´m in europe so it's prompting the last/other official fw, not this one. And my question is, if I wait to update I guess the prompt will contain this new fw when it's official in europe and not the old one?
If you have a EU model check Oppo UK site for the appropriate FW update.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #1773

Dec 2012

Quote:
I did not find the problem
Old 12-27-2012, 04:27 AM   #1774
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrext View Post
I did not find the problem
I actually have noticed this, yes!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #1775
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007

A small bug discovered in the OPPO BDP-93/95

The OPPO BDP-93/95 when set to source direct was designed to upscale 480i DVD-Audio discs to 1080i resolution and also the OPPO menu screen for SACD’s is also outputted at 1080i resolution. This information can be found on page 23 of the instruction manual.

When a SACD or DVD-Audio disc is ejected and a native 1080p/24 Blu-ray disc is inserted the OPPO BDP-93/95 switches from 1080i to 1080P like it is suppose too.
When on source direct the OPPO BDP-93/95 plays native VUDU HDX programs at 1080P and all other SD and HD streaming content is upscaled to 1080P at 60Hz.

The problem

If one inserts a Super Audio CD or DVD-Audio disc with source direct on, the OPPO outputs 1080i, however when the disc is ejected and a streaming service like VUDU HDX is launched then the OPPO plays the 1080P VUDU movie at 1080i quality instead of 1080P quality. The work around to the problem is to either power cycle the Blu-ray player before launching streaming service like VUDU or insert a Blu-ray disc before launching the streaming service so the OPPO BDP-93/95 can be reset to 1080P mode.

With a future firmware update OPPO Digital INC should be able to write code to make the OPPO BDP-93/95 automatically switch to 1080P resolution when the streaming application is launched. When the OPPO BDP-93/95 is set for source direct it would be ideal to be able to send streaming content at the native resolution of the stream being sent, however that is not allowed by the content providers and everything is upscaled to 1080P when connected to a 1080P display. Also all video codec, bit rate, and resolution screen information is disabled when streaming per the request of the content providers.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 01-06-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #1776
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
A small bug discovered in the OPPO BDP-93/95

The OPPO BDP-93/95 when set to source direct was designed to upscale 480i DVD-Audio discs to 1080i resolution and also the OPPO menu screen for SACD’s is also outputted at 1080i resolution. This information can be found on page 23 of the instruction manual.

When a SACD or DVD-Audio disc is ejected and a native 1080p/24 Blu-ray disc is inserted the OPPO BDP-93/95 switches from 1080i to 1080P like it is suppose too.
When on source direct the OPPO BDP-93/95 plays native VUDU HDX programs at 1080P and all other SD and HD streaming content is upscaled to 1080P at 60Hz.

The problem

If one inserts a Super Audio CD or DVD-Audio disc with source direct on, the OPPO outputs 1080i, however when the disc is ejected and a streaming service like VUDU HDX is launched then the OPPO plays the 1080P VUDU movie at 1080i quality instead of 1080P quality. The work around to the problem is to either power cycle the Blu-ray player before launching streaming service like VUDU or insert a Blu-ray disc before launching the streaming service so the OPPO BDP-93/95 can be reset to 1080P mode.

With a future firmware update OPPO Digital INC should be able to write code to make the OPPO BDP-93/95 automatically switch to 1080P resolution when the streaming application is launched. When the OPPO BDP-93/95 is set for source direct it would be ideal to be able to send streaming content at the native resolution of the stream being sent, however that is not allowed by the content providers and everything is upscaled to 1080P when connected to a 1080P display. Also all video codec, bit rate, and resolution screen information is disabled when streaming per the request of the content providers.
I received the following email today from OPPO Digital INC. OPPO Digital INC will look into fixing this issue with a future firmware update:

The following are word for word quotes from the email

“Thank you for the bug report. We have forward your observations to our engineers whom will look into addressing this issue through a future firmware release.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.”
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #1777

Aug 2012
Germany

I wish Oppo would fix the audio issues of Total Recall with the upcoming firmware, too.
You don't butt in line! You don't sell drugs! You don't molest little children! You don't profit off the misery of others! The rules were set a long time ago! They don't change!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #1778
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Woo View Post
I wish Oppo would fix the audio issues of Total Recall with the upcoming firmware, too.
Quote:
Now then… we’ve got an update for you on the audio problems with Sony’s Total Recall Blu-ray Disc. As I reported last we asked the studio for an update on the nature of the issue and what their plans were to address it. We’ve now gotten two responses from them. The first is a statement and information from the technical team on how to get around the issue:

“The complex branching on initial shipments of the Blu-ray Disc for Total Recall has caused a few unexpected dropouts in the lossless audio streams during disc play only on select player/receiver combinations. This issue only occurs if the lossless audio is decoded through an audio receiver or home theater system. If the Blu-ray player is connected directly to the TV, or if the lossless audio is set to decode directly through the Blu-ray player, there should be no issue.

SPHE is working with manufacturers on a possible firmware upgrade solution meanwhile, the playback in the affected player combinations can be resolved through a simple fix by changing the player’s audio settings to decode directly through the Blu-ray player by changing the settings as outlined below.”

Oppo BDP-83/93/103

Goto Setup
Audio Format Setup
HDMI Audio
Select LPCM
A update for you on this problem

Last edited by JohnAV; 01-07-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #1779

Aug 2012
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
A update for you on this problem
I knew that already. But thank you anyway.
You don't butt in line! You don't sell drugs! You don't molest little children! You don't profit off the misery of others! The rules were set a long time ago! They don't change!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #1780
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Woo View Post
I knew that already. But thank you anyway.
There will probably be MTK software revision as the decoder needs the fix, but I haven't seen any vendor have a FW update against that Sony bit stream audio/branching issue yet.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders