Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
Special Member

Jun 2011
Green Bay, WI
Default Trading Forum Expansion

Has there ever been any consideration to expanding the trading forum beyond just packaged media? I would like to see a spot for various other items. For example, I'm selling some toys I've collected and stored over the past ten years that I've decided to move on from and I'd prefer to try to unload them here to members before trying eBay. Just a "general" subforum or something would be neat
Old 12-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #2

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcatalano View Post
Has there ever been any consideration to expanding the trading forum beyond just packaged media? I would like to see a spot for various other items. For example, I'm selling some toys I've collected and stored over the past ten years that I've decided to move on from and I'd prefer to try to unload them here to members before trying eBay. Just a "general" subforum or something would be neat
IMO ~ The one we have is enough. This is a forum about Blu-ray & of course Home Theater fits right in with it. Also the Trading forum we have can from time to time be a handful in itself

If you go outside that & start adding things then it would get out of hand IMO. One thing will lead to another & then another & then another

Just my 2 cnts
Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........
Old 12-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
Banned

Nov 2008
-

I agree with Crazy. this is blu-ray.com not craigslist or ebay
Old 12-27-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolfoc View Post
I agree with Crazy. this is blu-ray.com not craigslist or ebay
Old 12-27-2012, 04:46 AM   #5

Aug 2008
Auburn, WA

What about movie related things? Like maybe film reels for walls.. plush characters.. posters.. etc?
Sale/Trade/Want Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=108089

"I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
Old 12-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #6
Special Member

Jun 2011
Green Bay, WI

To say that would not fit in on this site is contradictory to the actual content of the other forums. We have a whole other entertainment section and even a general section which has nothing to do with movies. There's already a built in trading community, it's logical progression if the site wants to evolve and build traffic, just like how the other forums have developed. Selling is built into the site with trader feedback, it's a natural step in building the community
Old 12-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #7

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
What about movie related things? Like maybe film reels for walls.. plush characters.. posters.. etc?
Hmmm.... I've been thinking about this. I like the suggestion.

Why couldn't there be a sub-section for something like "Movie Related Items" - Toys, Posters, etc.
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - Rega - Valab/King
Old 12-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcatalano View Post
To say that would not fit in on this site is contradictory to the actual content of the other forums. We have a whole other entertainment section and even a general section which has nothing to do with movies. There's already a built in trading community, it's logical progression if the site wants to evolve and build traffic, just like how the other forums have developed. Selling is built into the site with trader feedback, it's a natural step in building the community
Yea but allowing it and actually selling it are two different things. The trading forum is limited to members and a login is required so it wont pull google search results resulting in a limited sales audience. Its totally up to the admins, but with that you set yourself up for more problems. Just my 2 cents though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Hmmm.... I've been thinking about this. I like the suggestion.

Why couldn't there be a sub-section for something like "Movie Related Items" - Toys, Posters, etc.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142

I thought that stuff was included under "collectibles" I have seen posters etc. I highly doubt if it was posted it would be removed(never a problem in past) unless it was "jeep" parts or some used blue jeans deemed as collectibles

example:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....hlight=posters
"I am jw and I approve this message
Old 12-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #9

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw View Post
I thought that stuff was included under "collectibles" I have seen posters etc. I highly doubt if it was posted it would be removed(never a problem in past) unless it was "jeep" parts or some used blue jeans deemed as collectibles

example:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....hlight=posters
It is included there as you pointed out, but it gets buried as you know. It might be worth separating out. When sub-sections were added in GC it saw an explosion of interest...not a bad thing.

And yeah...no "Jeep" parts or your "Stamp" collection need apply!
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - Rega - Valab/King
Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

GC is just that, a place for most to kill time and chat, useless posts, etc. An online yardsale venue is a whole 'nother cup of beans persay, not even comparable. If you think it will work, go for it, but you should have a full time mod dedicated to just trading issues throughout the forum.

but you and I both know, its up to the admins
"I am jw and I approve this message
Old 12-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #11

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw View Post
GC is just that, a place for most to kill time and chat, useless posts, etc. An online yardsale venue is a whole 'nother cup of beans persay, not even comparable. If you think it will work, go for it, but you should have a full time mod dedicated to just trading issues throughout the forum.

but you and I both know, its up to the admins
Only useless if you don't care to partake, but I get the point.
Like you said, it's up to the Admins and I'm sure someone will be assigned to look over any new sub-section with an eagle-eye.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Personal trading and selling is facilated in this forum to the members for free . Blu-ray, DVD and HT equipment plus related collectibles. The trading forum takes up a lot of time for the moderators who volunteer to oversee that area. My personal opinion is that further expansion of the Trading Forum goes beyond the general interests of this community. Just my opinion.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum