COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3)
$29.99
Disney Infinity (PS3)
$46.31
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
$19.02
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$49.99
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$57.94
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (PS3)
$14.99
Injustice (PS3)
$19.99
Rocksmith 2014 Edition (PS3)
$48.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
$36.70
Drakengard 3 (PS3)
$31.60
WWE 2K14 (PS3)
$23.99
Anarchy Reigns (PS3)
$10.73
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)
$9.99
Dishonored (PS3)
$10.99
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (PS3)
$59.96
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (PS3)
$18.99
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
$19.99
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (PS3)
$9.94
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$29.27
Old 10-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #161
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallpinkfloyd420 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Damn nice collection
When i got home that evening, I went straight to the garage and practiced my draw and SHOUT techniques as well as my roll, somersault and aim drills and made myself a promise that I would never ever be caught off-guard again.-dfinch

SF GIANTS 2010 & 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:12 AM   #162
Power Member

Sep 2011
Calgary, AB, Canada

After moving to Calgary, I dug thru a box and found my old system. Gonna have to hook it up to my TV one of these days and play some Duck Hunt.

Games I got include:
Blaster Master
Final Fantasy
Freedom Force
Goonies II
Joust
Metal Gear
Power Blade
Racket Attack
Rygar
Silent Service
Space Shuttle Project
Spy Hunter
Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tetris
Time Lord
Top Gun
Winter Games

There were a bunch of stands selling NES games at the local Comic Expo earlier this spring. I couldn't believe the prices for some of the games.
"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and doughnuts. We wanted strong drink." -Raoul Duke, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Old 01-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #163
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2007
Coldth

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

Classic Arcade Games: Top 10

My life revolves around Paula Creamer
Old 01-25-2013, 01:40 AM   #164
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2008
Bay Area 510!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoMike View Post
When i got home that evening, I went straight to the garage and practiced my draw and SHOUT techniques as well as my roll, somersault and aim drills and made myself a promise that I would never ever be caught off-guard again.-dfinch

SF GIANTS 2010 & 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #165
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2007
Coldth

Woman Buys Old Nintendo Game For $7.99. Turns Out It's Worth $15,000

Quote:
It's the archetypal jackpot story of flea markets, pawn shops and antiques roadshows. Someone pays a few dollars for a long-forgotten box at a swap meet and then discovers they have a five-figure rarity on their hands. That describes a North Carolina woman today, who purchased one of the rarest video games ever sold in the United States for $7.99 at a local Goodwill.
Quote:
Stadium Events, one of the first exergaming titles, was only released in a test market in the northern United States in 1987. The next year, Nintendo bought the North American rights to its "Family Fun Fitness" mat, which then became the more well known Power Pad. Anything under the Family Fun Fitness brand was supposed to have been destroyed.
Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

Classic Arcade Games: Top 10

My life revolves around Paula Creamer
Old 07-16-2013, 01:50 AM   #166
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008

Happy 30th Nintendo!

Thats right gamers the original 8 bit NES is 30 years old today!

Quote:
The Nintendo Entertainment System, which turned 30 Monday, may seem like a relic in an era of consoles like the PS4 and Xbox One but it helped define those systems and the games on them in more ways than one.

Lasting franchises
Mario Wii
Nintendo
New Super Mario Bros Wii, one of the latest titles in the Mario line of games.

The power of the series was apparent to Nintendo, existing as it did in the days of "Star Wars," "Indiana Jones" and "Back to the Future." So the company was happy to make and publish sequels and spin-offs, even if it had little to do with the original. The result is that the "core" franchises became a staple of gaming. That began on the Nintendo, perhaps best exemplified by "Super Mario Bros."

The original game smashed records (largely due to being included in the box), the second was a bizarre cult hit (but still an excellent game) and the third is hailed by many as one of the best games ever made, regardless of age.

Nintendo and its stable of developers would continue this pattern for decades with other major properties: with repetition, "Legend of Zelda," "Mega Man," "Castlevania," and many more became ingrained in the minds of young gamers gamers who grew up to compose Nintendo's current core audience.

It may have been a tactical move to avoid risk and stick with what worked, but the fact is that Mario and Link have become utterly iconic through their constant presence, an accomplishment others have tried with varying success to imitate.

Games that defined genres

While "Super Mario Bros." may be the most obvious success story, the NES was also home to games that both inspired genres and still define them.

For instance, "Final Fantasy" and "Dragon Warrior" elevated the comparatively obscure role-playing game genre to playable form. The extreme length and depth of these games created gamers who would not be satisfied by mere arcade thrills, helping move games from then-rare PCs and arcades into the home. And their sequels (now numbering in the double digits) still act as yardsticks for others in the genre.
Zelda
Nintendo
The original "Legend of Zelda," still used as a reference and inspiration by gamers and developers.

But it's not just sequels that inherited Nintendo game qualities. To this day, games can be described in terms of the Nintendo games that preceded them: "Zelda"-esque item hunting, "Metroid"-style exploration, "Contra"-quality shooting, "Battletoads"-level difficulty. If you want to make someone understand the basic gameplay of even a major modern game, NES titles are the common vocabulary, something that everyone understands.

For better or worse, it made gaming child's play
Nintendo
Nintendo
An ad for the original NES emphasizing its family-friendly nature.

Nintendo's most dubious legacy, in full force on the NES, was its insistence on being family-friendly. The NES was, after all, originally called the Famicom, or family computer. From the beginning, games and accessories were designed with friends and family in mind and while that meant lots of bright, accessible games, it also meant mature themes were generally avoided.

This occasionally resulted in some mind-boggling mix-ups and errors the neutered "Mortal Kombat," the inexplicably un-censored exploding Hitler head in "Bionic Commando" but its main effect was to establish home gaming systems as the province of kids. Never mind that some games were more difficult than anything that came before or after the stigma, which Nintendo worked actively to promote, was that games were Disney-level entertainment.

30 years later, the games industry is still recovering from this: games are often reduced in the public eye to "blasting aliens" or "saving the princess" despite having shed those limitations long ago. And that which helped Nintendo reach millions of living rooms in the 1980s and 1990s may now be holding it back: more gamers than ever want Hollywood-level content in both tone and setting, meaning sex and violence that Nintendo even now is barely willing to tolerate.

The NES may not have been the first game console by a long shot, but for millions it was the first they owned and loved. After 30 years it still resonates with gamers, and probably will for decades to come.
83+12 = 6 Congrats to the 2014 NFL Hall of Fame Class

2014 Detroit Tigers 90-72 AL Central Champs
2014 Detroit Red Wings 0-0
2014 Detroit Lions 3-1
2014 MSU Spartans Football 3-1 #9
Old 07-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #167
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
AB,Canada

I just bought the NES 101, or also known as the NES toploader. picked up 2 NES advantage joysticks and a copy of guerrilla war. My original NES died so time to get a new one! I think i might order another sometime just for spare parts in case years and years down the road it dies. Same with my super nes.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #168
Expert Member

Oct 2007

I have now the following hooked up to my Plasma except the extra's one's

PS3
Wii
NES
SNES
N64 x 2
Gamecube x 4
Sega Genesis
Sega Dreamcast

Also have the following handheld's:

DS Lite
DSi XL
Gameboy
Gameboy advance
PSP
Sega GameGear

Still need to add the Atari

I play a lot of the SNES and SNES more than anything. I have a nice collection of games as well. Love old school gaming compared to now! Brings back a lot of memories
Old 07-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #169
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

Home Theater Geeks Overcome Bond quotes USA the Greatest country in the world? Immigrant Song Hall of the Mountain King Spring Breakers Mulholland Drive
"Your intellect may be confused," he once wrote, "but your emotions will never lie to you." Roger Ebert Physical media forever!
Front Speakers B&W 683 Center B&W HTM61 surrounds B&W 685
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming