Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Devil's Backbone (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Alien Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Eyes Without a Face (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rosemary's Baby (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Rebirth of Mothra I II III (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Videodrome (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Old 12-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #181
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
Wow just when I thought this was gonna make a nice keep sake. They went ahead and restocked the shelves with these. I thought they were gonna stay OOS

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
How does that not make it a keepsake for you? You'll always have your copy.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #182
Special Member

Jul 2012
SoCal, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
How does that not make it a keepsake for you? You'll always have your copy.
totally agree with rickah. let others have it too. jeez.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #183
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv View Post
I know I'm late to the party on this, but I just picked this up today. My local Target had 6 of these in stock, all with spider ropes that just crushed the slipcover on all sides. Such idiocy, I tell you. Damaging the products that they are trying to sell.

So I went a couple miles away to my other local store. They had 7 copies, no spider ropes. 5 of them were mint, and I mean super perfect. I would have been happy with any of them.

I know these were on sale for $15 a few weeks ago, but they are $18.99 at the moment, normally $25.99. On the off-chance that anyone reading this is interested in getting a mint version of this, just let me know and I can pick one up for you and ship it to you at cost.
For a long while, the two stores nearest to me didn't use any sort of anti-theft protection on this, probably because they knew that fans of the movie would go nuts seeing any damage. During the past two weeks, they've started using the large plastic coffins, which at least doesn't damage the item.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #184
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
Wow just when I thought this was gonna make a nice keep sake. They went ahead and restocked the shelves with these. I thought they were gonna stay OOS

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
There have been plenty at the 3 Targets near me. To me this seem over-stocked.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #185
Expert Member

Dec 2009
the Dutch Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
For a long while, the two stores nearest to me didn't use any sort of anti-theft protection on this, probably because they knew that fans of the movie would go nuts seeing any damage. During the past two weeks, they've started using the large plastic coffins, which at least doesn't damage the item.
The copy protection is on the inside of the digipack and the digipack is wrapped in shrink and stickered. That's all done during production so I really don't think a single store could order copies without protection.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #186
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisei View Post
The copy protection is on the inside of the digipack and the digipack is wrapped in shrink and stickered. That's all done during production so I really don't think a single store could order copies without protection.
We're talking about security measures that are undertaken in stores.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #187
Expert Member

Dec 2009
the Dutch Mountains

I don't understand...
There's already been a "black coffin" inside the digipack from the start. In my opinion this is the most difficult to remove protection (when applied on cardboard). The DVD digipacks didn't have this protection. Do you mean to say that the black coffin is now applied on the outer shrink?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #188
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisei View Post
I don't understand...
There's already been a "black coffin" inside the digipack from the start. In my opinion this is the most difficult to remove protection (when applied on cardboard). The DVD digipacks didn't have this protection. Do you mean to say that the black coffin is now applied on the outer shrink?
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=205969
Old 12-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #189
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
There have been plenty at the 3 Targets near me. To me this seem over-stocked.
I agree - I bought two when these first came out, thinking that they would end up OOP like some others I heard (was it the Twilight ones? I forget), and also so I could trade w/ International members. But there are still plenty in stock and online, they had also priced dropped significantly during BF, so I lost on savings as well. I can't seem to have any luck - the things I do buy extra don't go OOP, but the things I don't get seem to go OOP! Oh well...
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U / Sony PS3 / Sony HT-SF470
Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #190
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzgrl View Post
I agree - I bought two when these first came out, thinking that they would end up OOP like some others I heard (was it the Twilight ones? I forget), and also so I could trade w/ International members. But there are still plenty in stock and online, they had also priced dropped significantly during BF, so I lost on savings as well. I can't seem to have any luck - the things I do buy extra don't go OOP, but the things I don't get seem to go OOP! Oh well...
Well, the first movie was significantly more popular than any of the Twilight movies. The Hunger Games grossed more than $400 million in the U.S./Canada, whereas only one of the Twilights broke $300 mil. With all the attention given to the first movie, I would not be surprised if one of the sequels cleared $500 mil.

Target has been very aggressive about supporting this series. They even went so far as to sell a limited number of replica leather jackets (similar to the one worn by Katniss). Yeah, maybe it'll take longer for this Blu-ray to go OOP, but it gives latecomers a chance to get it, too.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #191
Special Member

Jul 2012
SoCal, USA

Opened mine and was super impressed with everything.

Of course, my excitement ended abruptly when I got to the inside of the foldout and saw a black security magnet strip stuck right on Stanley Tucci's FACE!

I mean... seriously... who on earth would be so stupid? I carefully and slowly began to peel it off...

Doh! Ripped his face in half. I was ready to strangle whoever put it there.

So I went back to Target, swapped it out for another one and opened it up right there at the counter.

To my surprise, there was no magnet strip anywhere to be found inside the new one. weird

At any rate... this is a super nice digipak. Beautiful embossed slipcover. Nice artwork inside and out.

Exclusive bonus disc and artwork on all 3 discs. I wish more movies were released this way.

Steelbooks are awesome, but I love me a real nice digipak. Gotta give props where props be due.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #192
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Earth

I am glad I looked at this thread, I had to go to Target today and I looked to see if they had any of the Hunger Games Target Exclusive Sets left and to my surprise they did! there was 4, now 3 on the shelf at $18.99

Thanks people for bringing this thread to the top.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #193

Mar 2011

was abled to get this for $18.99 the day after christmas.A great deal!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #194

Sep 2007
Vacaville, Ca

Just opened mine the other night and checked it out. Need more like these
Old 01-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #195
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinthoopachiefy View Post
Just opened mine the other night and checked it out. Need more like these
Check out my lists of Best Buy, Target, and Walmart Exclusives. There are a lot of movies that are released with Bonus Discs with additional features, and those are the ones that I prefer. strumdogg and I have been adding screenshots of the Bonus Discs' menu screens when we can.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 AM   #196
Banned

Jun 2009

Funny thing about The Hunger Games.

The 3-disc Target Exclusive is $18.99 until sometime in February.

This week, the standard 2-disc version is "on sale" for $22.99.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #197
Expert Member

Mar 2009

Paid $22.99 in December , wish I got it a bit cheaper but love the packaging
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions