Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.30
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$75.49
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.68
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs

Old 12-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #21

Sep 2012

For Christmas I visited my brother who owns a Sharp Aquas.

I noticed the picture had a few problems.

In the darker scenes the blacks had green blotches.
Also the lips of every actor looked like they were wearing red lipstick (even the guys) even turning down the color didn't get rid of this effect.

Does anyone know what's causing this?
Old 12-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Lancaster, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukol View Post
For Christmas I visited my brother who owns a Sharp Aquas.

I noticed the picture had a few problems.

In the darker scenes the blacks had green blotches.
Also the lips of every actor looked like they were wearing red lipstick (even the guys) even turning down the color didn't get rid of this effect.

Does anyone know what's causing this?
It's probably brightness and contrast settings, and the color "temperature" may be off. It's not too big a deal to tweak the settings and tone that stuff down.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #23

Sep 2012

Thanks for the reply, BD.

I did adjust the contrast, brightness, color and black level but couldn't get rid of the problem.

Is adjusting the color temperature difficult?
Old 12-29-2012, 05:01 AM   #24

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukol View Post
Thanks for the reply, BD.

I did adjust the contrast, brightness, color and black level but couldn't get rid of the problem.

Is adjusting the color temperature difficult?
Pay attention to every detail
Old 12-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #25

Sep 2012

I take it that if the lips are too red the temp needs to be turned down, yes?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #26

Apr 2011

I now have the Sharp AQUOS 80" 3D TV. The TV is simply - AWESOME! I was going to go for the Panasonic 65" VT50, but I decided to sacrifice quality for 15 more inches of TV.

I came from a plasma, so yes, there is a difference - nonetheless, the Sharp looks phenomenal and its extremely joyful to watch.

I'm looking for any other 80" 3D Sharp owners out there that can share some calibration tips and info regarding 3D performance.

The 3D is nice on the Sharp, but not great. Crosstalk/ghosting or w.e is called out of this world! It's mainly in background scenes, backgrounds are completely double. Its ridiculous. So I'm hoping there is something I can do to fix this in the settings or adjust it.

But the close images and less big scenes, the 3D is movie theater quality.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #27

Nov 2012
SW of Chicago
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaselo1987 View Post
I now have the Sharp AQUOS 80" 3D TV. The TV is simply - AWESOME! I was going to go for the Panasonic 65" VT50, but I decided to sacrifice quality for 15 more inches of TV.

I came from a plasma, so yes, there is a difference - nonetheless, the Sharp looks phenomenal and its extremely joyful to watch.

I'm looking for any other 80" 3D Sharp owners out there that can share some calibration tips and info regarding 3D performance.

The 3D is nice on the Sharp, but not great. Crosstalk/ghosting or w.e is called out of this world! It's mainly in background scenes, backgrounds are completely double. Its ridiculous. So I'm hoping there is something I can do to fix this in the settings or adjust it.

But the close images and less big scenes, the 3D is movie theater quality.
Congrats on a nice tv ! I've got the 80-632(non-3D)and I really like this set ! You might try AVS forum for some settings and help with 3D.There are several Sharp threads that helped me out.

So enjoy a great set and good luck !

I watched the Falcon/49's game and it looked great !
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #28

Jun 2008
San Diego

Is there a break in time for LED tv's? The reason I'm asking is my 3 month old 70" 8470U's picture is looking stunning! I've used some settings from the AVS official thread for the tv and used the Disney WOW disc to tweak it to my preferences and I'm happy with what I'm seeing. I'm sure having an ISF calibration performed will make it even better but I don't think I need to do that at this time. The tv has worked out for me and my family!
"Nothing compliments a great movie more...
than great sound."
>Sharp Aquos LC-70C8470U 3D HDTV, Pioneer Elite SC-07 AVR, OPPO BDP-103, 500GB PS4, Cox Contour DVR
>7.3 setup: Paradigm Studio CC-490 v.5 center, Paradigm Studio 20 v.4 fronts, HTD Level 2 surrounds and rears, 2x Atlantic Technology THX Certified 642eSB sub, 1x Atlantic Technology THX Certified 642SB sub
Old 04-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #29
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Hey guys and gals. Thinking of hanging my 70" Sharp on the wall. Any good recommendations on a reasonably priced wall mount?
AL
“If at first you don't succeed, try something easier.”

Sharp Quattron LC-70LE735U Oppo BDP-103 Pioneer Elite CLD-79 Darbeevision DVP-5000
Denon AVR-4311ci, DR-M10HX Monster HTS-5000 Outlaw Model 750
Klipsch Forte II, RC-62 II, IW-100, KSB 1.1
Velodyne VA 1012 Hsu Research ULS-15 Triple Drive
Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #30
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Hey guys and gals. Thinking of hanging my 70" Sharp on the wall. Any good recommendations on a reasonably priced wall mount?
if you want just a standard tilting one.....

go with this sucker
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

built like a freaking TANK... I've physically hung off mine with ease, so a 60-70 lb tv isn't going to be a problem
Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #31
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
if you want just a standard tilting one.....

go with this sucker

built like a freaking TANK... I've physically hung off mine with ease, so a 60-70 lb tv isn't going to be a problem
Well the 70" is 93lbs. so that one might work. But I'm wondering if i need or want an articulating one to bring it out a little from the wall. But thanks for the suggestion.
AL

Sharp Quattron LC-70LE735U Oppo BDP-103 Pioneer Elite CLD-79 Darbeevision DVP-5000
Old 04-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #32
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Well the 70" is 93lbs. so that one might work. But I'm wondering if i need or want an articulating one to bring it out a little from the wall. But thanks for the suggestion.
93 won't even be a remote problem. they can hold 165 lb on the CONSERVATIVE side. like I said. I'm almost 200 lbs and I've hunt off them before without the screws even twitching.

and if you want to bring it out from the wall and go overkill. this bad boy can do 300 lbs with ease

Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #33
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
93 won't even be a remote problem. they can hold 165 lb on the CONSERVATIVE side. like I said. I'm almost 200 lbs and I've hunt off them before without the screws even twitching.

and if you want to bring it out from the wall and go overkill. this bad boy can do 300 lbs with ease

That's the one I was thinking about. Anyone else have a good suggestion?
AL

Old 04-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #34

Jan 2013

Hello, since I'm new and can't start new threads, I decided to post here.

Recently, I noticed this mark on my LCD-LED HDTV, I believe it's from opening up the cap of yogurt drink "Yop".

Anyways, it's just really annoying and my TV is fairly new. I tried to get rid of this mark on the screen by just using cloth but I couldn't get rid of it.

So now, I have to use something involving liquid of some kind.

My approach is to use distilled water (I just feel like this is the safest way to go).

I know there are plenty of screen cleaning products out there but I don't want to spend money on it.

So, what are your suggestions? What do you use to clean your HDTV screen?

And if you have used distilled water to clean your screen before, how effective was it? Was it succesful or no? Where do you get them?

Thanks. Have a good one!

Last edited by sooieblu; 04-26-2013 at 04:54 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #35
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooieblu View Post
Hello, since I'm new and can't start new threads, I decided to post here.

Recently, I noticed this mark on my LCD-LED HDTV, I believe it's from opening up the cap of yogurt drink "Yop".

Anyways, it's just really annoying and my TV is fairly new. I tried to get rid of this mark on the screen by just using cloth but I couldn't get rid of it.

So now, I have to use something involving liquid of some kind.

My approach is to use distilled water (I just feel like this is the safest way to go).

I know there are plenty of screen cleaning products out there but I don't want to spend money on it.

So, what are your suggestions? What do you use to clean your HDTV screen?

And if you have used distilled water to clean your screen before, how effective was it? Was it succesful or no? Where do you get them?

Thanks. Have a good one!
Nice move slick. Stuff happens. I work at a computer rental place and we are constantly cleaning the LCDs on laptops, computer monitors and LCD displays that are returned to us. This is a great product that leaves no marks and dries clear. You can get a single can here at Office Depot.
AL

Old 06-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #36

Aug 2009
Tukwila, WA, USA

I'm considering purchasing a Sharp LC-70LE650U Aquos. The CNET review says "the 1080i playback test with its oscillating grid showed some strobing. This could create some artifacts with 1080i-based material originating on film." For those who have this model, could you please tell me if there are such artifacts and how noticeable they are? Thank you.
Sharp Aquos LC-60LE650 60" LED / OPPO BDP-103 Blu-ray player (multi-region) / SpeakerCraft CS3 sound bar / Sennheiser RS 170 wireless headphones

Last edited by Danielle Ni Dhighe; 06-23-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #37
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......
Question

I have a LC-32D43U that I bought off CL with no remote. I've been using a DIRECTV remote and it works well with all necessaryn functions EXCEPT setting the sleep timer. Does anyone have any advice for setting this mode, aside from buying a new remote
"Since sound and music perception is entirely imaginary (you can't touch or photograph a musical image), what and how we hear is formed only in our brains and is not measurable. "
Old 07-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #38
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......

Anyone? ? ?
"Since sound and music perception is entirely imaginary (you can't touch or photograph a musical image), what and how we hear is formed only in our brains and is not measurable. "
Old 07-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #39

Apr 2009
Default Looking for new tv but love Aquos

I have loved my 46" Sharp Aquos for going on ten yrs now but it's starting to show its age. I am getting lines up and down on both sides about 3 inches in. After about an hr of watching TV, most the lines go away save maybe for a single line on the right hand side and by that point, I am used to seeing it and don't even notice it. I have had it a back bedroom and now want to get a bigger tv to fit in my living room and will be deciding between 60 or 70 or 80 but the 80 is prob too big for my living room but now I'm scared to drop $2-3k on a 60-70" TV and in a few years, these side lines come back.

Should I break away from Sharp to another brand or stand with them with this new tv? Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thx.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

You gotta pay the troll toll to get into this boys .....
Old 07-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #40

May 2011
Astoria

I purchased a Sharp Aquos Quattron roughly 2 years ago and have been very satisfied with my purchase. While the Quattron may cost more than similar offering from competitors, with an arguable placebo effect being the main marketing standpoint, I would not trade it for any other set. My only wish is that I had purchased one a couple inches larger.

Good luck with your search for a new T.V.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs