Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fast & Furious 6 (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$16.98
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Intolerable Cruelty (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Rise of the Guardians (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$14.98
The BBC High Definition Natural History Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$59.99
BTOOOM!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #7641
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
I think this is why they shouldn't do "mid-season" breaks. People start to think that it's a new season, especially when it's off air so long. I know a lot of people that swear when Breaking Bad comes back that it's the sixth season and not the rest of season five.
That's an entirely different situation. For all purposes, Breaking Bad is airing as a 6th season. It had a regular break (season to season) after the last episode, TWD only will have a couple months. Plus, TWD didn't stop production, BB stopped for months on end. And TWD will not get 2 chances to be nominated for awards since it is all one season, but BB will get 2 sets of nominations for each "Half" aka really another season for all purposes other than it annoying fans and still calling it the same season. And both halves of the season will be drastically different and each half focuses on a different story.

Long story short: therefore, while fans and the creator may consider it to be all season 5, AMC considers it 5 and 6 while TWD is all the same season
Old 12-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #7642
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
I think this is why they shouldn't do "mid-season" breaks. People start to think that it's a new season, especially when it's off air so long. I know a lot of people that swear when Breaking Bad comes back that it's the sixth season and not the rest of season five.
Only a moron would think it's a new season. It should be common knowledge to all human beings that Sept/Oct is the new season beginnings.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:04 AM   #7643
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
Only a moron would think it's a new season. It should be common knowledge to all human beings that Sept/Oct is the new season beginnings.
Seriously? To tv addicts, it may be common knowledge, but to most people, that's obscure info. Sure, people have heard of a "fall season" of tv shows, but that doesn't mean that those people "know" there is no winter, spring, or summer season.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #7644
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

I'm not a TV addict and I know.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #7645
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
I'm not a TV addict and I know.
You're posting on a forum about movies and tv shows. Your very presence here means you are.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #7646
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza

Quote:
lol, reminds me of Sheldon(Big Bang Theory). If someone doesn't know the same things as you, it makes them a moron

[Show spoiler]p.s. I am, in no way, calling you a genius, like Sheldon. The only similarities is the lack of social skills.
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread
Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #7647
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwerk View Post
lol, reminds me of Sheldon(Big Bang Theory). If someone doesn't know the same things as you, it makes them a moron

[Show spoiler]p.s. I am, in no way, calling you a genius, like Sheldon. The only similarities is the lack of social skills.
Man, that spoiler is x 37,000,000
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #7648
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Quote:
Yes and no...

Lots of cable networks are running series that start in January... Psych is starting early in the year next series, for example.

Also other series (Falling Skies, Major Crimes) run in the summer.

So while the winter break is common for any show that starts in the fall... it is increasingly more difficult to peg a season start/end by the time of the year as networks are scheduling some stuff at different times of the year now.
Prying off your face takes practice.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #7649
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
OH

Looks like Mazzaras exit could be due to money after all:
http://www.slashfilm.com/tv-bits-gir...e/#more-154332
"The official reason for Glen Mazzara‘s departure from The Walking Dead may be vague “creative differences,” but it seems the real explanation could come down to money. One writer speculates that Mazzara may have wanted a raise that the stdio wasn’t willing to give him."
Old 12-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #7650
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_sc77 View Post
"The official reason for Glen Mazzara‘s departure from The Walking Dead may be vague “creative differences,” but it seems the real explanation could come down to money. One writer speculates that Mazzara may have wanted a raise that the stdio wasn’t willing to give him."
Greed.
Buffalo Sabres 21-51-10
Indiana Pacers 56-26
Toronto Blue Jays 10-8
Old 12-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #7651
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

What's interesting is... how AMC gets teflon in these things.

AMC wanted more money from Dish... Dish was being greedy... Mazzara wants more money from AMC... Mazzara is being greedy?

How come AMC is never considered the greedy one when it all seems to favor them?
Prying off your face takes practice.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #7652
Special Member

Jan 2011
SE Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_sc77 View Post
The thing with “creative differences” really bothers me if someone wants to take the show in a different direction than what Kirkman wants then there should be a change.
GO VOLS!!

Letterboxd
Old 12-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #7653
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Michigan

He deserved more money for sure, if that is really what happened. He was helping control not only one of the biggest cable series currently on TV (and of all-time) but the show was bigger than most other network series as well. Why shouldn't he be entitled to a bigger slice of the pie?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 AM   #7654
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
He deserved more money for sure, if that is really what happened. He was helping control not only one of the biggest cable series currently on TV (and of all-time) but the show was bigger than most other network series as well. Why shouldn't he be entitled to a bigger slice of the pie?
It depends if he was clashing with Kirkman or not. Kirkman really seems to have a good sense of what works with differences between the comic and TV series.
Buffalo Sabres 21-51-10
Indiana Pacers 56-26
Toronto Blue Jays 10-8
Old 12-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #7655
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

I remember a lot of debate about
[Show spoiler]whether the walker Rick cut open ate Lori or not. I'm not sure if it was discussed further, but I'm here to confirm that the zombie did in fact eat her. Andrew Lincoln had an interview with Entertainment Weekly and was talking about how all of the kills were improvised and he felt bad for the guy playing the zombie who ate Lori. A week after the scene was filmed, the stunt guy had bruises all over his body from it.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #7656
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
It depends if he was clashing with Kirkman or not. Kirkman really seems to have a good sense of what works with differences between the comic and TV series.
well, yeah, that makes sense. But all of these budget issues in general always annoy me. Everyone ends up calling the actors or whoever greedy for wanting more from those in charge higher up at the network for example, but if the show is a giant hit and the network execs are making 10x as much, the actors should be pissed. They are the ones that are making people watch the show.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 AM   #7657
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Kansas

I watch the walking dead because of the president of AMC. He makes the show so great. Sarcasm.
Epson 5010 on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24
Yamaha RX-V567
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Some cheap Yamaha's
Subwoofer: Yamaha YST-SW315
Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #7658
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
I watch the walking dead because of the president of AMC. He makes the show so great. Sarcasm.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #7659
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Tulsa, OK (formally S. Wales)

In case anyone missed it. A promo for the new episode on Feb 10th.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #7660
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television