Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dexter: The Complete Series 1-8 Collection Exclusive Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$348.27
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #7621
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
I read in another forum that another issue was that the cast was unhappy that Mazzara was keeping to the "no one is safe" mentality of the comic book starting with
[Show spoiler]three major character deaths
in the latter half of the third season.
It would suck not knowing, everyday, if you were going to be canned, even though you might be doing a great job. But that also makes the show more realistic and powerfull.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:34 AM   #7622
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2007
Winter Garden, Fl.

Damn you Mazzara for killing The Great T-Dog!!!!
King Willie: You can't see the eyes of the demon, until him come callin'.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #7623
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidPuppet View Post
It would suck not knowing, everyday, if you were going to be canned, even though you might be doing a great job. But that also makes the show more realistic and powerfull.
True but you figure they can always look to the source material to be sure. And I doubt it's a total surprise. Besides, I think actors are told beforehand how many episodes they'll be working on per season. That way they can work on other projects when not needed.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #7624
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

AMC loves ****ing things up, but they still manage to become successful. With all the drama BB, MM, and TWD went through, it is shocking that they all managed to continue to be success stories. AMC will run out of lucky eventually though
Old 12-24-2012, 02:37 AM   #7625

Sep 2012
Somehwere, NJ

Being an avid follower of the comic book, I have loved every minute of the series. I did not even find the second season to be slow or anything. It hightened the drama, which I loved. The shocking deaths from the end of last season, to the first 1/2 of this season have been great. If they keep up the pace they have been, the show will remain amazing... but they will run out of characters. LOL. I am glad they are starting to introduce characters from the comic.

I, am anxiously awaiting the return in Feb. Love this show.
TV - Samsung 63" PN63B550 - to be upgraded soon
AV RCR - Onkyo TX-NR807 - to be upgraded soon
Speakers - Mirage HT ( 3 front, 4 rear ), Mirage MM-6 Sub
Blu Ray player - Sony Playstation 3
HD-DVD player - Xbox 360 Limited Star Wars w/ HD DVD player
DVR - Verizon Fios
Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #7626
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2012
Kansas

As long as the show continues to tell great stories I dont mind if it stays realistic or goes more fantastical. But I lean more to the former.
Epson 5010 on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24
Yamaha RX-V567
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Polk T15
Subwoofer: Yamaha YST-SW315
Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #7627

Dec 2012
United States

I am new to The Walking Dead.

I watched season 1 and 2 and really enjoy The Walking Dead. I have some questions about season 3? Is season 3 already over and we will start seeing season 4 this February?

Also, does anyone know when season 3 will be available to buy on DVD yet?

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #7628
Expert Member

Aug 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design Master View Post
I am new to The Walking Dead.

I watched season 1 and 2 and really enjoy The Walking Dead. I have some questions about season 3? Is season 3 already over and we will start seeing season 4 this February?

Also, does anyone know when season 3 will be available to buy on DVD yet?

Thanks!
Season 3 is not over, they broke the season in half just like they did last year. The second half of Season 3 starts in February.

My guess is Season 3 will probably see a BR/DVD release in August like the past two seasons.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #7629
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

Yeah, it won't be released until season 4 starts. That is how it is with 99% of shows.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #7630

Dec 2012
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey31 View Post
Season 3 is not over, they broke the season in half just like they did last year. The second half of Season 3 starts in February.

My guess is Season 3 will probably see a BR/DVD release in August like the past two seasons.

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #7631
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

I think this is why they shouldn't do "mid-season" breaks. People start to think that it's a new season, especially when it's off air so long. I know a lot of people that swear when Breaking Bad comes back that it's the sixth season and not the rest of season five.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #7632
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Looking forward to its return on 2/10!
Sony Bravia KDL-55W900A LED/3D TV.
Sony BDP S6200 3D Blu ray Player.
Sony 5.2-Channel 4K A/V HD Receiver - STRDH540.
Center Channel Speaker: Tivoli Signature Series.
Tower Speakers: Sony SS-MF315's.
Surrounds: Pioneer Satellite Speakers.
Subwoofer: Pioneer.
Xfinity HD.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #7633
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
I think this is why they shouldn't do "mid-season" breaks. People start to think that it's a new season, especially when it's off air so long. I know a lot of people that swear when Breaking Bad comes back that it's the sixth season and not the rest of season five.
That's an entirely different situation. For all purposes, Breaking Bad is airing as a 6th season. It had a regular break (season to season) after the last episode, TWD only will have a couple months. Plus, TWD didn't stop production, BB stopped for months on end. And TWD will not get 2 chances to be nominated for awards since it is all one season, but BB will get 2 sets of nominations for each "Half" aka really another season for all purposes other than it annoying fans and still calling it the same season. And both halves of the season will be drastically different and each half focuses on a different story.

Long story short: therefore, while fans and the creator may consider it to be all season 5, AMC considers it 5 and 6 while TWD is all the same season
Old 12-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #7634
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
Only a moron would think it's a new season. It should be common knowledge to all human beings that Sept/Oct is the new season beginnings.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:04 AM   #7635
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
Only a moron would think it's a new season. It should be common knowledge to all human beings that Sept/Oct is the new season beginnings.
Seriously? To tv addicts, it may be common knowledge, but to most people, that's obscure info. Sure, people have heard of a "fall season" of tv shows, but that doesn't mean that those people "know" there is no winter, spring, or summer season.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #7636
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

I'm not a TV addict and I know.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #7637
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
I'm not a TV addict and I know.
You're posting on a forum about movies and tv shows. Your very presence here means you are.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #7638
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza

Quote:
lol, reminds me of Sheldon(Big Bang Theory). If someone doesn't know the same things as you, it makes them a moron

[Show spoiler]p.s. I am, in no way, calling you a genius, like Sheldon. The only similarities is the lack of social skills.
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread
Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #7639
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwerk View Post
lol, reminds me of Sheldon(Big Bang Theory). If someone doesn't know the same things as you, it makes them a moron

[Show spoiler]p.s. I am, in no way, calling you a genius, like Sheldon. The only similarities is the lack of social skills.
Man, that spoiler is x 37,000,000
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #7640
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Quote:
Yes and no...

Lots of cable networks are running series that start in January... Psych is starting early in the year next series, for example.

Also other series (Falling Skies, Major Crimes) run in the summer.

So while the winter break is common for any show that starts in the fall... it is increasingly more difficult to peg a season start/end by the time of the year as networks are scheduling some stuff at different times of the year now.
Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows