COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Long Goodbye (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Coming Home (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Thieves Like Us (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$216.99
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Viva Maria! (Blu-ray)
$18.49
White Lightning (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Pocketful of Miracles (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Gator (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Tyler Perry's Temptation (Blu-ray)
$12.98
Old 12-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #1301
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
8 1 8 Biatch!! L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackinhedz View Post
I also got an iPad for Christmas...but having to jailbreak is no fun anymore and transferring things from iTunes is too much hassle (yes, I can use SSH and other methods to transfer, but really don't care to spend the time)...I like droids open source platform better.

One thing I really miss compared to the PC is the ability to "right click" while browsing...to save things etc.
Ya work has gotten us Ipads (1&2) and an Apple tv but I hate Itunes with a passion so I have sold them all and happy with the Nexus 7. I use XBMC at home so most of my files are MKV files and this bad boy has played everything Ive thrown at it without needing to convert. Love MX player

[Show spoiler]
Signature deleted in favor of bigger Avatar :) Twitter: @Bizdady PSN ID: Bizdady
Old 12-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #1302
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2007
Coldth

Today only, get a $6 annual subscription to Maxim Magazine.

https://play.google.com/store/magazi...im?id=CAow3N1o

This is the first time I actually tried the magazine app, and it's pretty neat! Stuff is easier to read than I thought. Again, 7" tablets are the perfect size, fit in one hand and easy to carry around.
Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

Classic Arcade Games: Top 10

My life revolves around Paula Creamer
Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #1303

Dec 2012
UK

Quote:
I bought my Nexus 7 from newegg.com, but places like walmart, office depot, staples etc carry them.

Yeah i'm in the UK so don't have those options. I'll just have to wait for it to come back in stock.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #1304
Super Moderator

Feb 2007
Orlando,FLA Relocated To: Lynchburg,VA

did you try amazon UK? ...in stock.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Google-Nexus-Tablet-Android-Jellybean/dp/B008J6VYUC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356735594&sr=8-1
Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #1305
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

If anyone is interested, I came across this nifty little device that can turn any [HDMI or DVI] monitor into an android PC...granted it has the Ice Cream Sandwich (not Jellybean)...but for basic purposes, looks cool. Im thinking of picking one up for my living room TV.

All in the size of a thumbdrive!

http://www.vidon.me/minipc.html

Last edited by crackinhedz; 12-28-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #1306

Dec 2012
UK

Quote:
That amazon one is 60 more than other stores, obviously they want you to consider the "cheaper" kindle. I have an instore credit gift card to use towards it anyway.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #1307
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

try looking at the google play store for your UK location...when I try to look it only gives me USA pricing. I read that the UK Google Play sells for 160

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/buying-ad...e-buy-nexus-7/

...granted, might not be in stock.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #1308
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Question about Samsung Galaxy S3:

When I try to send a text with a gif in it it says "File too large. Compressing..." and when the file reaches the recipient it is just a picture and not a moving gif. Is there anyway to bypass the compression or stop this?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #1309
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
8 1 8 Biatch!! L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
Question about Samsung Galaxy S3:

When I try to send a text with a gif in it it says "File too large. Compressing..." and when the file reaches the recipient it is just a picture and not a moving gif. Is there anyway to bypass the compression or stop this?
I don't think you can send gifs regardless of size. I think the S3 without any mods will Cap any attachment at 2 megs. Best bet would be to link the gif to a photo hosting site.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk
Signature deleted in favor of bigger Avatar :) Twitter: @Bizdady PSN ID: Bizdady
Old 12-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #1310
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenexus6 View Post
That amazon one is 60 more than other stores, obviously they want you to consider the "cheaper" kindle. I have an instore credit gift card to use towards it anyway.
The Nexus 7 is sold through amz via a third party seller. You can buy it and pay for it through the normal check out process but it will be shipped from someone else not amz.

I highly doubt that amz will carry the nexus at any point. Because as you said amz wants to sell their kindle. The reason why amz allows the third party sellers to sell it is because amz gets a cut from each sale......after all at the end of the day, amz is about making money!
Front Sound Stage: Clearwave Dynamics LCR Surround Sound: 4*AV 123 X-LS Encore, LFE: 2*JBL W15GTI Subwoofers,
Primary Display: Sharp LC-70C6400U Secondary Display: Mitsubishi HC6800
Power Protection:
APC AV S20BLK AVP: Marantz AV8801
AMP: Sherbourn PA 7-350
Old 12-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #1311

Dec 2012
UK

I got the Nexus 7 today, store near me was in stock so went and got the 32GB one.

Very nice device so far just trying to learn my way around and download apps.
Can't seem t get nds4android to work properly though.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:16 AM   #1312
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Why can't android phones or any smartphone for that matter play youtube in the background? I open Youtube on a computer in a seperate tab or wndow and can minimize it and youtube plays on, but on a smartphone if you switch to another tab or go to the home screen youtube stops playing. Why is it that a multitasking device can not multitask youtube?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #1313
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-
Default Nvidia announces Project Shield handheld gaming system with 5-inch multitouch display

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/7/384...-gaming-system

Quote:
Nvidia has just unveiled a new handheld gaming system called Project Shield. Project Shield is powered by the Tegra 4 processor and can play console-quality games while still providing a mobile experience. The processor is capable of pushing 4K resolution video over HDMI to external displays. It includes advanced sound processing that Nvidia says rivals Beats Audio-equipped laptops, and a 33Wh battery that provides five to ten hours of play time or 24 hours of HD video playback. It features a 5-inch, 720p Retinal multitouch display with 294ppi pixel density, and has a slot for micro-SD card expansion. The Shield runs Android — pure Android without a skin, as Nvidia insists — and includes Google's apps for Gmail and the Play Store.

In addition to supporting all of the games available to Android devices and the games in the Tegra Zone, the Shield also has the ability to stream games from a home Windows PC equipped with a GeForce GTX 650 (or higher) graphics card to the handheld device over Wi-Fi, letting users access their library of PC games, including games in the Steam library, while on the go. It access the games on the home PC and run them virtually on the Shield. In the future, Nvidia says that it will add support to stream content from the Shield to a television wirelessly, so you can watch video and play games on your TV display without being tethered by wires. Of course, with support for the standard Android platform, the Shield also has access to the hundreds of thousands of apps that are available in the Google Play Store.

Hardware-wise, the Shield has a clamshell design with a gaming controller attached below the device's display. The controller has dual control sticks, a D-pad, and multiple action buttons — it should look familiar to anyone who has held an Xbox 360 controller.

Unfortunately, Nvidia did not announce a price for Project Shield, but it says that it will be coming to the US and Canada in the second quarter of this year. Either way, it seems that things just got a bit more interesting for both the mobile gaming space and the Android gaming world.
edit: better collection of info here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507099

Last edited by xtop; 01-07-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #1314
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-

wonder if sony can finally manage to release a phone on time

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/01/07...e-wild-at-ces/

live blog of their event starts tonight at 8pm est

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/sony-liveblog/
Old 01-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #1315
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/s...a-zl-hands-on/

want
Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #1316
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/7/384...screen-sharing

Quote:
Sony's new high-end televisions have a neat trick, enabled by Miracast and NFC, that allows users to simply tap their Xperia device with the TV's remote control to mirror the smartphone display on the big screen. Sony says all of its new high-end televisions (W800 or better) will have Miracast and an NFC-enabled remote control. We got a chance to check out the technology in action on the show floor, and to put it simply, it's really cool; it takes a few seconds of holding the remote to the back of the Xperia Z to connect the smartphone to the television, at which point the TV displays whatever you've got open on the phone. It's one of the best television screen-sharing implementations we've seen, as it makes screen sharing nearly effortless. To disable the mirroring, users just need to re-tap their phone to the remote control.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #1317
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2004
New Jersey

Ya know, if it could transmit that 4K (or 1080P) resolution to a TV wirelessly, it could bring about the end of console gaming systems. TV's will either have the gaming receiver built-in, or you buy a small reciever to plug into the video port.

All it needs is a better gaming library. Battery life will limit it, as well.
Proud founder of the blu-bloods.
Use "blu-blood" in your signature and become an elite user.

To be blu-blooded is commitment to the blu-ray technology. We believe other forms of HD media are inferior. Our goal is educate, support and propagate blu-ray.

Creatures of Hard Media
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=43882
Old 02-07-2013, 03:44 AM   #1318
Power Member

May 2008
O-town FL

I recently stopped at a local tmobile kiosk in the mall and had my 1st hands on with the Nexus 4. I'm sure majority of you guys on here probably hate it because it's not a "Samsung" or "Droid". But I actually like the feel look and response. I might pick it up. what are people's take on the NEXUS 4?
42" Vizio M420NV
PS3 80 gig
Xbox 360

Member of Team NaH Mean!
The Elite Team!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #1319
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettucenpico View Post
I recently stopped at a local tmobile kiosk in the mall and had my 1st hands on with the Nexus 4. I'm sure majority of you guys on here probably hate it because it's not a "Samsung" or "Droid". But I actually like the feel look and response. I might pick it up. what are people's take on the NEXUS 4?
best phone i've owned yet. i know no sd card is a turn off to some people, but i never fill the 16gb of onboard storage, so i don't mind at all. the phone feels so good in the hands too. the tapered screen on the sides really makes it nice. and don't worry, nobody hates it because it's not a "droid"..has there been a single decent droid phone?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #1320
Power Member

May 2008
O-town FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop View Post
best phone i've owned yet. i know no sd card is a turn off to some people, but i never fill the 16gb of onboard storage, so i don't mind at all. the phone feels so good in the hands too. the tapered screen on the sides really makes it nice. and don't worry, nobody hates it because it's not a "droid"..has there been a single decent droid phone?
Thanks Xtop I think I'm going to snag it. Does it really take 2-3 weeks to ship on Google Play? Why is amazon selling it so high?
42" Vizio M420NV
PS3 80 gig
Xbox 360

Member of Team NaH Mean!
The Elite Team!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Handhelds, Mobiles, Tablets, Apps etc