Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$9.99
8 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.99
8 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98

Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Steve McQueen Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 hr ago
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
8 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 12-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #501
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjunkie View Post
lol I saw that to but since this is the TDKR steel thread I was not going to say anything, it cracks me up when people post comments like this that just are not true just to try and make a sale, but again it could be the reason that none of these have sold yet, members do not like to get taken with wordings like this.

Rickah88 you are right, I did not think of that, it could very well be OOP but that does not mean that these are not still readily available at the Stores, but I am just not a fan of thread wordings like this, it might make someone think that it is very rare to get and pay the higher price when in fact it is not, but hey if these guys make a sale then I guess good for them right? people just need to research these items when these wordings are being thrown around like this is all.
I agree. Then sometimes they blow things way out of proportion, like with the $0.01 True Blood sampler. Some people are selling it for $10+ saying it's OOP and no longer available, PROMO and BEST BUY ONLY. Whatever. If they really want it, they might as well wait to pay $29 more for the rest of the series when it's released in May.

Anyway, back to the Batman steelbook!

If Target had not released a Digibook (which I prefer over steelbooks), I would have gotten the Best Buy steelbook. Until a week ago, I only owned three. The first is Sucker Punch, which is sealed. Then I bought Batman Begins and The Dark Knight over the summer for $4.99 each.

When I opened the Batman ones, I was extremely disappointed in their lack of inside artwork and the cheap quality finish they had (kind of like the Call of Duty steelbooks- they scratch really easily, although none of mine are scratched).

When I bought my fourth steelbook (Resident Evil: Retribution) last Friday, I was amazed by the quality of it! This in a way restored most of my faith in steelbooks. If there is ever a title I want to get, and if it's not available on any other deluxe format besides steelbook, I will most definitely get it.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #502
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009

I'm not a fan of lenticular covers, having the lenticular part just being a card glued on the front bugs me. lol
Old 12-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #503
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjunkie View Post
People always want the different versions to lol, and that pic is cool, hell I really wanted to find the Canada Best Buy Exclusive of this title just because of that cover and slip, the one with Batman and Bane face to face, but I do prefer our Target Digibook over that Digi, I also think I might have scored 2 mint copies of the Canadian BB exclusive, fingers crossed they arrive safely and mintly lol.

I do love this image
I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!

However, I do love that ours is lenticular. If it wasn't I definitely would have considered importing the one above.

The only thing though is that it has French text on it. I don't have an issue with French or anything (as I speak it), but I don't like covers with double language. It's one thing I'm weirdly OCD about. So maybe I would have gotten the German version (although it probably has the rating sticker printed on it or it has inside/outside text in German, which is a bust).
Old 12-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #504
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighRoller View Post
I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!

However, I do love that ours is lenticular. If it wasn't I definitely would have considered importing the one above.

The only thing though is that it has French text on it. I don't have an issue with French or anything (as I speak it), but I don't like covers with double language. It's one thing I'm weirdly OCD about. So maybe I would have gotten the German version (although it probably has the rating sticker printed on it or it has inside/outside text in German, which is a bust).
I do not really care for it on there either(the French text) but this is the only way to get this version for me, and as I said I have 2 mint copies coming real soon, I would not mind that Digibook with this same image for my collection but I have no connections to getting that one lol, oh well you can't get them all, I do not have the Cowl version either, I waited to long on deciding, but again that is my fault for waiting to long, but now I wish I would not have waited and just ordered.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #505
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Seven seas

Just got mine in the mail with a large dent. Oh well it was only $15.
There simply is no other place on the internet. Blu-ray.com
If you are not paying for the best you are getting ripped off by the worst.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #506

Dec 2012
Bay Area, California

I bought three version of this same movie, bat cowl, Target digibook and Best Buy steelbook. I think I need to draw the line here.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #507
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010

Guess what's available on Best Buy's website for only $7.99 right now?
Thanks given by:
dangermice (08-11-2014), poweredbysteve (08-12-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #508

Sep 2010
Gerudo Fortress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Guess what's available on Best Buy's website for only $7.99 right now?
The suspense is getting more intense, can you please tell me what it is?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks