Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Chimpanzee $13.99 (27% sold out)
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Robots / Horton Hears a Who / Rio (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Liar Liar (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Intolerable Cruelty (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Blu-ray)
$4.00
The Bamboo Saucer (Blu-ray)
$18.95
Little Busters!: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Fairy Tail: Part 7 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Planet Earth | Life (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Old 12-31-2011, 03:51 AM   #1

Sep 2008
Right Now.....Panhandle of Florida (why me, why here?)
Default Samsung BD-D6500ZA

Just picked up a new blu ray player today since my Sony just crapped out on me after 3 years. Decided to pick up the Samsung BD-D6500ZA from Best Buy. I read the reviews from others on the Best Buy site and it was pretty mixed, but have to admit that I am very pleased with the picture so far. I don't have a 3D TV so I'm just watching standard blu's but it is a really sharp looking picture with great sound. If there is anyone out there looking to get one, this is not bad for the price.
Got it on sale for $119.99.
Just thought I would pass this info on to others that might be looking for something new.
Vizio 55" 3D LED - M551D-A2R
Vizio 47" 3D LCD - E3D470VX
Sony 3D Blu Ray - BDP - S5100
Sony Receiver - STRDH820
PS4 - 500GB Day One Launch version
PS3 - 320GB Slim
XBOX360 - Limited Edition Star Wars
DirecTV
Old 01-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #2

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASMAN48 View Post
Just picked up a new blu ray player today since my Sony just crapped out on me after 3 years. Decided to pick up the Samsung BD-D6500ZA from Best Buy. I read the reviews from others on the Best Buy site and it was pretty mixed, but have to admit that I am very pleased with the picture so far. I don't have a 3D TV so I'm just watching standard blu's but it is a really sharp looking picture with great sound. If there is anyone out there looking to get one, this is not bad for the price.
Got it on sale for $119.99.
Just thought I would pass this info on to others that might be looking for something new.
Smart,too and great 3D.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #3

Sep 2012

I have a Samsung BD-D6500 player connected to a Yamaha RX-A700 receiver via HDMI 1.4. The receiver does not detect the unprocessed bitstream signal. All the other sound on the disk it plays. Yamaha had me connect my Playstation 3 set to bitstream output to confirm that the receiver does handle the bitstream signal. It does. It also sees the DTS-HD and Dolby-HD encoded bitstream signals when the player is set for those.

This is the second Samsung player with this problem. The first was a BD-D5700. Has this been a problem with these players? I just want to be sure the problem is with the player before I return it.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #4

Dec 2012

I have a Samsung 6500 3D player on a Samsung 40in 6000 series 3DTV. I purchased RE: R and popped it in. It played he intro screen, previews, etc in 3D just fine. When I selected to play the movie, the screen goes blank and locks the player up.. Thoughts?? I thought the disc was bad so swapped it out and same issue. All other Blu Ray 3D movies seem to work fine..
Old 12-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Special Member

Sep 2008
The £كا
Default What is this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterusok View Post
me too,I have a Samsung 6500 3D player on a Samsung 40in 6000 series 3DTV. I purchased RE: R and popped it in.
Nice "me too." quote carterusok. You're not a real human user, huh?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #6

Dec 2012
Thumbs down

I called Samsung.. firmware is up to date.. They said the last firmware update was October.. they now added the disc to a list of discs that wont play. Im suposed to wait for a NEW firmware update. Based on the last on being October Ill get to see this in March? This seems pointless.. Is this a common place with 3D?? Or does Samsung just stink?? I even explained when you open a disc and it doesnt play your out 30 bucks.. asked if they had a list of dics not playing so I dont waste my money buying them and they said no.. they only have that in Korea for their techs.. WOW..
Old 12-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #7

Dec 2012

Another interesting update.. Underworld Revolution also not playing.. ALSO.. a SONY Picture.. that cant be coincidence..
Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #8

Jan 2013

yeah,agree it,Based on the last on being October Ill get to see this in March? This seems pointless.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
davidharley1

Thanks a lot friend for sharing your useful tips and suggestions i really appreciate it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players