COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.12
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Baltimore Ravens: Road to XLVII (Blu-ray)
$20.08
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96
The Originals: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Insider Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #121
Power Member

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
what are the chances of seeing complete relaseses of biker mice from mars and street sharks ?
You're in luck, Mill Creek Entertainment will be releasing "Street Sharks" The Complete Series on February 19, 2013. Here's a look at the cover art:

Follow me on Twitter to stay updated with my latest Blu-ray / DVD reviews: https://twitter.com/Frightener22

Slipcovers in need, PM me if you're looking to sell:
"Lost Boys: The Thirst", "Shark Night" & "Star Trek: The Original Series" Season 3

Old 12-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #122

Oct 2008

Cliff, is there any chance that Shout! could acquire, or has acquired "King Kong Vs Godzilla" or "King Kong Escapes" from Universal? As I understand it, the US theatrical versions of these films are owned wholly by Universal, so for those versions, at least, dealing with Toho wouldn't be required.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:48 AM   #123
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Hello! Just a couple of questions =3

Would I be right in assuming there are only tape masters left of things like Power Rangers, VR Troopers and such, meaning Blu-ray isn't a practical choice for those? What about ReBoot?

And maybe more of a DVD question, but any chance of S!F getting Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad or Extreme Dinosaurs?

EDIT: Nevermind on Syber Squad, just found out Mill Creek has that slated for next year.

Last edited by UFAlien; 12-19-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #124
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Any chance of seeing My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic on BD.
Various: "Can you kill it?" "I believe something can." "A monster?" "No...a god."

Godzilla Asia Trailer (2014)

Old 12-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #125
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Goodman View Post
Cliff, is there any chance that Shout! could acquire, or has acquired "King Kong Vs Godzilla" or "King Kong Escapes" from Universal? As I understand it, the US theatrical versions of these films are owned wholly by Universal, so for those versions, at least, dealing with Toho wouldn't be required.
No, sorry

Old 12-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #126
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flair01 View Post
I think you said that Shout licensed Dennis the Menace from King Featuers and not Sony. I have heard that King Features also owns the Blondie films originally put out by Columbia in the 1940s. Any chance that Shout will release any of those...

Thanks
Nope, sorry

Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #127
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlost1 View Post
Any chance of seeing My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic on BD.
Doubtful

Old 12-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #128
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post
Hello! Just a couple of questions =3

Would I be right in assuming there are only tape masters left of things like Power Rangers, VR Troopers and such, meaning Blu-ray isn't a practical choice for those? What about ReBoot?

And maybe more of a DVD question, but any chance of S!F getting Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad or Extreme Dinosaurs?

EDIT: Nevermind on Syber Squad, just found out Mill Creek has that slated for next year.
You assume correctly.
No to Dinosaurs.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #129
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Is there any chance that Shout! will license the complete series of the TV show Ed, which ran from 2000-2004 on NBC, for DVD release? I'm sure that the main hangup with this show is music rights, but I think it would be great if you would be able to cut through the red tape (like with Freaks and Geeks) and release it.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:57 AM   #130
Power Member

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirjunkie View Post
Is there any chance that Shout! will license the complete series of the TV show Ed, which ran from 2000-2004 on NBC, for DVD release? I'm sure that the main hangup with this show is music rights, but I think it would be great if you would be able to cut through the red tape (like with Freaks and Geeks) and release it.
Interestingly enough, "Ed" was shot in my town. I firmly remember being in middle school and seeing the film crews filming constantly each week. The entire opening sequence of the show is my street, I live like 3 blocks from there.
Follow me on Twitter to stay updated with my latest Blu-ray / DVD reviews: https://twitter.com/Frightener22

Slipcovers in need, PM me if you're looking to sell:
"Lost Boys: The Thirst", "Shark Night" & "Star Trek: The Original Series" Season 3

Old 12-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #131
Expert Member

Jun 2012

Have some more questions for ya Cliff:

-I'd like to put into consideration a Season 1 release of Pound Puppies (2010 series) with extras and sold exclusively on Amazon (like MLP Season 1). There is a fanbase.

-Saban Brands has aquired Sonic X from FUNimation. Seeing is how you have a home video deal with them, can you look into releasing the series (with both English and Uncut Japanese Versions)?

-A friend of mine really wants to see a remastered widescreen edition of Adventures Of The American Rabbit. Don't know if you want to do that as a Shout! Select title but can you put that into consideration? Not sure about the OAR but he says it widescreen.

-Shame you can't get King Kong Vs. Godzilla cuz I had this wonderful idea for a box set; a collection of all the Godzilla films (save for Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla Vs Megalon, and Godzilla Vs. Biollante) with extras old and new.

-I know Warner will only give you what they can give you, but see if you can try and talk with them about Cartoon Network shows and some movies like Creepshow and Cats Don't Dance (2 titles btw are in top priority for Special Edition treatment).

-Try and I mean try to get an ultimate set of The Ren and Stimpy Show into fruition for next year with all episodes uncut and unedited (how we saw them when they first broadcast on TV), no time compression or edited (meaning no Spike TV and Volumes 2 and 3 DVD masters) versions. With old and new extras and under the complete supervision of John K. Fans can contribute if necessary.

-Speaking of Nick shows, are there any possibilities to pick up recent/current shows like TUFF Puppy and The Fairly Oddparents or is that out of the question?

-Has Dreamworks aquisition of Classic Media affected your sub-licensing deal with them at all?

Old 12-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #132
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

are there any Charles Bronson flicks on the horizon??

Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #133
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
-Shame you can't get King Kong Vs. Godzilla cuz I had this wonderful idea for a box set; a collection of all the Godzilla films (save for Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla Vs Megalon, and Godzilla Vs. Biollante) with extras old and new.
I'm not sure that would be the only thing that kills that idea. Doesn't Sony hold the US rights to most of the series?

Old 12-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #134
Expert Member

Jun 2012

Yeah but Sony has a sub-licensing deal with Shout!.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #135
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightener22 View Post
Interestingly enough, "Ed" was shot in my town. I firmly remember being in middle school and seeing the film crews filming constantly each week. The entire opening sequence of the show is my street, I live like 3 blocks from there.
I didn't realize they shot the entire show in Jersey. (I actually grew up not too far from there.) It would have been cool to get a job as an extra.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #136
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Yeah but Sony has a sub-licensing deal with Shout!.
I know Shout! has done sub-licensing deals with Sony for TV shows. I'm not aware that they've done any for films. Cliff has indicated before that it's unlikely they'll ever get any films from them due to their policy on special features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac View Post
I'm not sure we'll ever get a Sony title. They won't allow any extra features to be created, so I just don't think it's worth picking up a film that we can't make a special edition.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:00 PM   #137

Apr 2012

Hello is there any possibility on seeing the action movie Stone Cold on blu ray

Old 12-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #138
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirjunkie View Post
The music is a big issue.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #139
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Have some more questions for ya Cliff:

-I'd like to put into consideration a Season 1 release of Pound Puppies (2010 series) with extras and sold exclusively on Amazon (like MLP Season 1). There is a fanbase.

-Saban Brands has aquired Sonic X from FUNimation. Seeing is how you have a home video deal with them, can you look into releasing the series (with both English and Uncut Japanese Versions)?

-A friend of mine really wants to see a remastered widescreen edition of Adventures Of The American Rabbit. Don't know if you want to do that as a Shout! Select title but can you put that into consideration? Not sure about the OAR but he says it widescreen.

-I know Warner will only give you what they can give you, but see if you can try and talk with them about Cartoon Network shows and some movies like Creepshow and Cats Don't Dance (2 titles btw are in top priority for Special Edition treatment).

-Try and I mean try to get an ultimate set of The Ren and Stimpy Show into fruition for next year with all episodes uncut and unedited (how we saw them when they first broadcast on TV), no time compression or edited (meaning no Spike TV and Volumes 2 and 3 DVD masters) versions. With old and new extras and under the complete supervision of John K. Fans can contribute if necessary.

-Speaking of Nick shows, are there any possibilities to pick up recent/current shows like TUFF Puppy and The Fairly Oddparents or is that out of the question?

-Has Dreamworks aquisition of Classic Media affected your sub-licensing deal with them at all?
1. I doubt it will happen
2. Their rights expire soon
3. Not one of our titles
4. Nope, sorry
5. Not likely... Especially films.
6. Very doubtful
7. No chance
8. No

Old 12-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #140
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote: