Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$18.69
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #1

Oct 2012
Pleasanton, Ca.
Default The Amazing Spiderman 3D disc issues

I was wondering if anyone was having this issue with the 3D disc when trying to play it. My sony 3D player freezes after the anti- piracy messages when I try to play the disc. I've checked my firmware and it's up to date, checked the disc for scratches, and even exchanged it at best buy and the second set does the exact same thing, in the exact place. If anyone else is experiencing this and has fixed the issue please let me know , it's extremely irritating the other discs work fine in my player by the way. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

I have not had this problem. I got the 3d blu, steelbook edition from Best Buy.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbybill View Post
I was wondering if anyone was having this issue with the 3D disc when trying to play it. My sony 3D player freezes after the anti- piracy messages when I try to play the disc. I've checked my firmware and it's up to date, checked the disc for scratches, and even exchanged it at best buy and the second set does the exact same thing, in the exact place. If anyone else is experiencing this and has fixed the issue please let me know , it's extremely irritating the other discs work fine in my player by the way. Thanks!
Try clearing the flash memory.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Special Member

Sep 2012
Los Angeles

I got the 3d blu from go hastings and it plays fine on my ps3
Old 12-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-125

Havent had this problem, though i have a Samsung. Possibly erasing bd data on players harddrive if your player has that. I had a similar issue with Wrath of the titans and i erased bd data and havent had an issue since.
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x
For Trade:Captain America TWS Bestbuy excl steelbook/sealed PM if interested

Last edited by brian9229; 12-03-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #6

Oct 2012
Pleasanton, Ca.

Thanks for all the advice on clearing the memory! I'll try that when I get home from work. you guys are great!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-125

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice on clearing the memory! I'll try that when I get home from work. you guys are great!
Ill be interested to know if erasing the bd data works, keep us posted!
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x
For Trade:Captain America TWS Bestbuy excl steelbook/sealed PM if interested

Old 12-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #8

Oct 2012
Pleasanton, Ca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian9229 View Post
Ill be interested to know if erasing the bd data works, keep us posted!
I will let you know as soon as I find out if it works
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #9

Oct 2012
Pleasanton, Ca.

Quote:
I will let you know as soon as I find out if it works
It didn't work Guess I'll just need to wait for a firmware upgrade to come out and hope for the best.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #10

Dec 2012
Angry

Quote:
It didn't work Guess I'll just need to wait for a firmware upgrade to come out and hope for the best.
I'm having the same problem. New Samsung player and tv. Amazing spiderman is my first 3D bluray so not sure if others will work.. It freezes in pretty much the same place, just after the fbi warning. I exchanged the player for another but if does the exact same thing. Firmware is current. Frustrating.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #11
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalChin View Post
I got the 3d blu from go hastings and it plays fine on my ps3
Had a little pause loading up on mine, but works nicely.

(And yes, director Webb, on the special features, refers to the first-person POV rooftop scene as "the Mirror's Edge scene". We weren't fooled, so why try?
There is a nice six-minute educational feature on 3-D cinematography, though.)
Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #12
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
Had a little pause loading up on mine, but works nicely.

(And yes, director Webb, on the special features, refers to the first-person POV rooftop scene as "the Mirror's Edge scene". We weren't fooled, so why try?
There is a nice six-minute educational feature on 3-D cinematography, though.)
He admitted his guilt that it was a bad idea to cut this scene from main movie. If anything they should have had more such 1st person scenes.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #13

Dec 2012

Quote:
I have the same problem exactly with a brand-new Samsung BDE5900 3D player, which has the latest firmware according to the Samsung website. (The player freezes so hard that it has to be turned off and on again just to eject the disk.)
And I have the identical issue when I try to play "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs." In both cases the 2D version (a menu choice on the same disc in the case of "Ice Age") plays fine.
Samsung customer service "Live Chat" was fairly opaque, suggested a reset, which didn't help. Their last suggestion was that I send the player in for repair, and they opened a repair ticket. I said that was odd as I'd had the player only two weeks and it played lots of other 3D movies fine. Nope. They stuck with "Have it repaired."
That required me to first complete a "troubleshooting guide" that didn't include the problem(or face a $55 charge if I didn't complete it). I gave up at that point.
I tried deleting BD data. Didn't work. FYI, the player isn't connected to the Internet, as I use my PC's VGA output to the TV for network stuff. For the hell of it I connected it; no difference.
Any thoughts anybody? Anybody with similar problem with "Ice Age?"

Last edited by alsicherman; 12-15-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:59 AM   #14

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsguru View Post
I'm having the same problem. New Samsung player and tv. Amazing spiderman is my first 3D bluray so not sure if others will work.. It freezes in pretty much the same place, just after the fbi warning. I exchanged the player for another but if does the exact same thing. Firmware is current. Frustrating.
Update - still no joy with Amazing Spiderman but I used live chat as well and after a lot of discussing with the agent, they ended up recommending what I thought was going to be the recommendation anyway - wait for the next firmware update. I have tried several other 3D movies since I first posted this including Hugo and all have worked perfectly. I doubt a brand new player that works with every other 3D movie I have tried needs repairs to make it work with one movie. I am going to wait for a firmware update and I strongly believe Spidey will work just fine after that.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 AM   #15

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsicherman View Post
I have the same problem exactly with a brand-new Samsung BDE5900 3D player, which has the latest firmware according to the Samsung website. (The player freezes so hard that it has to be turned off and on again just to eject the disk.)
And I have the identical issue when I try to play "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs." In both cases the 2D version (a menu choice on the same disc in the case of "Ice Age") plays fine.
Samsung customer service "Live Chat" was fairly opaque, suggested a reset, which didn't help. Their last suggestion was that I send the player in for repair, and they opened a repair ticket. I said that was odd as I'd had the player only two weeks and it played lots of other 3D movies fine. Nope. They stuck with "Have it repaired."
That required me to first complete a "troubleshooting guide" that didn't include the problem(or face a $55 charge if I didn't complete it). I gave up at that point.
I tried deleting BD data. Didn't work. FYI, the player isn't connected to the Internet, as I use my PC's VGA output to the TV for network stuff. For the hell of it I connected it; no difference.
Any thoughts anybody? Anybody with similar problem with "Ice Age?"
I just bought the same player (Samsung BDE5900 3D player) along with a Samsung tv and have the same exact issues that take place in the same spot of the movie. I updated the Firmware, but still no luck. So, I took the movie back to Best Buy and exchanged it for another. I then walked over to the tv department where they had a Samsung BDE5900 3D player on display. The salesman put the disk in and it played the 3D movie. However, the trouble spot after the FBI warnings was very flakey and the player seemed to stumble a bit, but finally did start to play the movie. So, I went home and put it into my player and it did exactly what it previously had done. After the FBI warnings and then the "Sony 3D" screen, it goes black and I have to turn the player off in order to get out of this "hang". I then contacted Samsung. To make a long story short, I still can't get the 3D movie to play. I then contacted Crutchfield where the unit was purchased from. They sent me a new player for an exchange which I received yesterday. I hooked it up, made sure it had the latest Firmware updates and it still does the exact same thing. So, I've tried two different discs and two different (Same model) DVD players and ended up with the same results. This is the first 3D player that I've owned and Spidey is the first 3D movie as well. I did end up getting the movie Brave in 3D and watched it with the family without issue. So, I'm at a loss as to what the problem is.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:39 AM   #16

Jun 2012

worked fine on my panasonic blu ray player.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #17

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinbiscuits View Post
worked fine on my panasonic blu ray player.
Yeah, I don't think it's the disc myself.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #18

Dec 2012

Quote:
I was told by Samsung to wait for a "possible" firmware update as their solution. The movie was released on November 9th (almost 2 months now) and the last firmware update for this model came out on October 24th? This isn't working for me.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:39 AM   #19

Oct 2012
Pleasanton, Ca.

Updated my firmware on my Samsung player today now it runs great!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #20
Banned

Jan 2013

Im getting really excited to finally get a 3DTV!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies