Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: How far will the Cavs go this upcoming NBA Season?
Miss the Playoffs 1 2.94%
Lose in the 1st Round 0 0%
Lose in the ECS 3 8.82%
Lose in the ECF 9 26.47%
Lose in the NBA Finals 14 41.18%
Win the NBA Finals 7 20.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #22781
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
He's the Mark Messier of the NBA. Nice guy who can act like an animal and get away with it most of the time.
I am not sure about being a nice guy...
Old 12-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #22782
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
Phil Jackson said earlier this year on Real Sports that he never got a call from the Knicks about their coaching job, much less an offer. He also said if he had gotten an offer he wouldn't have taken the job because the players on the team don't fit together well.
Only have lost under 10 games thus far, yeah they sure don't fit well together.
Proud to be a member of the ACC!!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #22783
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
I think their age has finally caught up to them. after years of saying this, i think the time has finally come. plus, Jason Terry isnt filling the Ray Allen void nearly to what they need.

Whats up with the CP3 quote above?
Yeah, I grew up with the Celtics and the best era for them, in my opinion, was with the Big 3. I wish Allen would have stayed because loyalty left the NBA a long time ago.

And the CP3 quote is because he is a nice player. He's a smart PG with a great and nice shot.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #22784
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Austin Rivers is looking like he needed another year or two in college to develop. He's been horrible in his rookie year shooting 35% (worst of any rookie) from the floor.

It's looking like ROY will come down to Lillard vs. Anthony Davis. And so far Lillard is putting up better numbers.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:43 AM   #22785
Power Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

This is the first time I have had a "rich person" problem. Snow buildup on my satellite has made all HD NBA games in my sports package not work so I was stuck watching the standard definition version of my game and to top it off, my team (Heat) lost...
Old 12-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #22786
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
In the back, off the side, far away

Quote:
Originally Posted by beware View Post
This is the first time I have had a "rich person" problem. Snow buildup on my satellite has made all HD NBA games in my sports package not work so I was stuck watching the standard definition version of my game and to top it off, my team (Heat) lost...
Solution:

Fill up Super Soaker with hot water from conventional faucet... Take aim at satellite dish... Fire!

Always works like a charm
Old 12-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #22787
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooTv View Post
I also think Larry Brown would be a good look for the Nets, it would be interesting to see him get one last shot in the NBA.
i support this 100%. Mostly because he said if he gets an NBA job his first move is signing A.I.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #22788
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009
Pasadena, CA

So Jamison can't even get garbage time. Earl Clark is even above him.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #22789
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Statement from the Heat regarding the suspension
Quote:
“While we accept the decision of the NBA regarding Dwyane Wade, we do not agree with it. In his 10 years in the league, Dwyane has never been suspended, and has been an exemplary player and positive influence to his teammates and fans and we have been honored to have him as part of the Miami Heat family.

Unfortunately, he is the type of player, along with other players on our roster, that defenses take privileges with. We stand with Dwyane and support him in this situation and have made our feelings known to the league office.”
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/heat-s...de-suspension/

The article title is right. Heat fans are mad that nobody hates them anymore so they spew garbage like this to try and recapture the hate.
Vaiyo A-O , A Home Va Ya Ray, Vaiyo A-Rah, Jerhume Brunnen G

My Collection
Old 12-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #22790
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

To think the Lakers could have had Chris Paul running point
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #22791
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
To think the Lakers could have had Chris Paul running point
As much as I like CP3, I am glad that trade didn't happen. We would have NO bigs (Pau and Odom) left except for Andrew "I play bowling" Bynum. And chances are we would have the same record like we do now, but at least now we have so much potential to get better.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Old 12-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #22792
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azyiu View Post
As much as I like CP3, I am glad that trade didn't happen. We would have NO bigs (Pau and Odom) left except for Andrew "I play bowling" Bynum. And chances are we would have the same record like we do now, but at least now we have so much potential to get better.
If that crazy deal that also got you Howard happened I think you'd be ok. Pau isn't worth it anymore.

Last edited by supersix4; 12-29-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #22793
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Quote:
Antawn Jamison was a DNP-CD for the fifth straight game Friday.
Jamison told Lakers beat writer Mark Medina the benching "doesn't make sense at all. They're pretty much telling me my services are no longer needed." Coach Mike D'Antoni told reporters before Friday's game that Jamison would get a chance again at some point, but it appears the veteran forward isn't in the mood to wait. If for some reason you were still holding on to Jamison in hopes of a resurgence, it's time to completely cut bait.
Source - https://twitter.com/MedinaLakersNBA/...12185086472192
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 12-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #22794
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

i'm glad the CP3 trade didn't go through. The Hornets would be getting the 11th pick of the Lottery for the next 3 years if we took the deal. I'd rather suck and build through the Draft. It's the only way a non-huge market team can get good.

Plus we appreciate Stern giving us Anthony Davis. He's only 19 and he impresses me more and more. If we had a healthy Eric Gordon we might actually have 5 or 6 more wins right now. That would put us near Minn, Portl, Lakers territory. But as it's looking we'll get another high draft pick this year. THEN maybe next year we can do some damage.

Best case scenario for next season: a somewhat healthy Eric Gordon (or traded for pieces), an older stronger Anthony Davis, and the 3rd or 4th pick in next year's draft, and for Austin Rivers to learn how to shoot.

Last edited by West E; 12-29-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #22795
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by West E View Post
i'm glad the CP3 trade didn't go through. The Hornets would be getting the 11th pick of the Lottery for the next 3 years if we took the deal. I'd rather suck and build through the Draft. It's the only way a non-huge market team can get good.

Plus we appreciate Stern giving us Anthony Davis. He's only 19 and he impresses me more and more. If we had a healthy Eric Gordon we might actually have 5 or 6 more wins right now. That would put us near Minn, Portl, Lakers territory. But as it's looking we'll get another high draft pick this year. THEN maybe next year we can do some damage.

Best case scenario for next season: a somewhat healthy Eric Gordon (or traded for pieces), an older stronger Anthony Davis, and the 3rd or 4th pick in next year's draft, and for Austin Rivers to learn how to shoot.
Its not like the NFL though. I mean look at Ernie here a little known stat the guy has drafted 1 count'm 1 all-star . I'd rather have the stud proven player especially since the drafts have only gotten harder and harder to predict over the years.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #22796
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
They gave up Odom anyway... And Pau is a shell of his former self.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #22797
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
If that crazy deal that also got you Howard happened I think you'd be ok. Pau isn't worth it anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
They gave up Odom anyway... And Pau is a shell of his former self.
I have to respectfully disagreed. I still insist both Brown and D'Antoni didn't know how to best utilize Pau's skills, especially his unrated passing game for a big. You don't just park Pau down low and expect him to do things, or ask him to station 18ft beyond the hoop or something. Rather he is scary when he is either moving as a screener on a pick and roll, or as decoy downlow when he has the ball. Fortunately we got Nash, and he seems to know where and how to find Pau since his return.

Plus, you guys seem to missing the point here. We would have lost both Pau and Odom (sure, I knew he was a goner anyway), and Bynum would still be OUT right around now. Thus if that deal really happened, we would be left with just J-Hill, and possibly a bunch of spare part bigs. It would've been even more uglier than what we are seeing now.

Now that we (still) have TWO 7 footers on the floor, and when they gel (which they are getting better at it by each game) we would get this seemingly unfair advantage down low for defense.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Old 12-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #22798
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
I have to respectfully disagreed. I still insist both Brown and D'Antoni didn't know how to best utilize Pau's skills, especially his unrated passing game for a big. You don't just park Pau down low and expect him to do things, or ask him to station 18ft beyond the hoop or something. Rather he is scary when he is either moving as a screener on a pick and roll, or as decoy downlow when he has the ball. Fortunately we got Nash, and he seems to know where and how to find Pau since his return.

Plus, you guys seem to missing the point here. We would have lost both Pau and Odom (sure, I knew he was a goner anyway), and Bynum would still be OUT right around now. Thus if that deal really happened, we would be left with just J-Hill, and possibly a bunch of spare part bigs. It would've been even more uglier than what we are seeing now.

Now that we (still) have TWO 7 footers on the floor, and when they gel (which they are getting better at it by each game) we would get this seemingly unfair advantage down low for defense.
Couldn't they have traded Gasol for Paul and still turned around and traded for Dwight? They gave up a bad of peanuts for Dwight and Pau's contract is huge. I don't see how Paul-Kobe-Dwight is worse than Nash (probably good for 2 seasons tops)-Kobe-Dwight.

Then again it's probably a moot point as it seems unlikely Dwight re-signs anyway. He looks just as miserable in LA as he did in Orlando last season.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 AM   #22799
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Couldn't they have traded Gasol for Paul and still turned around and traded for Dwight? They gave up a bad of peanuts for Dwight and Pau's contract is huge. I don't see how Paul-Kobe-Dwight is worse than Nash (probably good for 2 seasons tops)-Kobe-Dwight.

Then again it's probably a moot point as it seems unlikely Dwight re-signs anyway. He looks just as miserable in LA as he did in Orlando last season.
We will see. We rolled the dice, and whatever will happen this summer happens...
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Old 12-30-2012, 04:35 AM   #22800
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009
Pasadena, CA

I never saw Williams staying with the Nets. They rolled the dice and got him long term. Hopefully the same happens with D12.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports