COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Qatsi Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Three Colors Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Shame (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Essential Jacques Demy (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Jumanji (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hook (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Thalía: Viva Tour (Blu-ray)
$13.48
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$74.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
Weekend (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old 12-26-2012, 03:28 AM   #401

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nommag View Post
Not going to anywhere for New Years then? I'm going to head over to the Mount.

JbHiFi have 20% off Blus today, I don't know if I need anymore though. I have about 400.
No way, I ain't moving other than to the fridge and back.. give my knees two weeks to heal up before they get all munted again.

As for the NZ 'sales'... pathetic IMHO.. should be atleast 25% off for a 'good' sale.. 20% off just isnt worth the petrol to get in and browse around considering the price of Blu-rays in NZ at the moment.

I'm new to this 'smart' phone thing.. I have a question if anyone can help. When you install an 'App' does that get installed onto the MicroSD card, or the actual phone? The reason I ask is that it came with a 2GB card, but I have ordered a 32GB card (to store some music and videos on).. will I have to re-install all my apps when I put the new card in?

Also, when I bluetooth or USB into the phone via the computer, there isn't any 'Music' or 'Video' folders.. can I just make those folders and the phone will pick up the files?
Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 AM   #402
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
I'm new to this 'smart' phone thing.. I have a question if anyone can help. When you install an 'App' does that get installed onto the MicroSD card, or the actual phone? The reason I ask is that it came with a 2GB card, but I have ordered a 32GB card (to store some music and videos on).. will I have to re-install all my apps when I put the new card in?
Apps are usually stored on the phone, so it won't affect your apps.

I picked up a new phone myself, and these things are so incredibly handy.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:51 AM   #403

May 2009
New Zealand

That's great, thanks insomniac
Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #404
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
No way, I ain't moving other than to the fridge and back.. give my knees two weeks to heal up before they get all munted again.

As for the NZ 'sales'... pathetic IMHO.. should be atleast 25% off for a 'good' sale.. 20% off just isnt worth the petrol to get in and browse around considering the price of Blu-rays in NZ at the moment.
Extraordinarily stingy this year. I used to score brilliant titles from all price ranges. If you believe the hype, Consumerism is up!.Give back to the community, Warehouse & Jb haha
"I don't always herdy dur mur flerpty floopin...

But when I do, I yer der schmer dor her der foomty, der shoopin flerpty dur"

The Swedish Chef!.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #405
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Anyone here experienced an unknown charge from Amazon? Had a strange charge that didn't match up with anything on my account on X'mas Eve.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #406
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

^ What was it listed as, Insomniac?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:59 AM   #407
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
^ What was it listed as, Insomniac?
It was listed as 'Amazon.com AMZN.COM/BILL WA'. It wasn't like a $1 confirmation charge too, it was like $39.05.

Contacted Amazon about it, and they said they couldn't find such charge matching on my account, and wanted me to call them internationally and provide my card number and bank contact through the phone.

Not sure about doing that, as I can call my bank to start an investigation directly without provide my card details to them over the phone. Just wanted to know if anyone else experienced something similar and how it was sorted in the end.

Last edited by insomniac; 12-28-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:08 AM   #408
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Hmm, that is weird. Sorry mate, never seen anything like that. (Actually, happy to say.)

(Never seen a $1 confirmation charge, either. What is that?)

Obvious question, sorry, but has customer service anything to say about it?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #409
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Hmm, that is weird. Sorry mate, never seen anything like that. (Actually, happy to say.)

(Never seen a $1 confirmation charge, either. What is that?)

Obvious question, sorry, but has customer service anything to say about it?
I've heard of some companies billing $1 first for confirmation first before billing for the remaining sum of your order. Haven't had it happen to me, but read about it quite often.

Oh, it was just the usual oh-we're-sorry-you're-a-really-important-customer-to-us-we'll-be-happy-to-investigate-it-for-you. But seeing as the want the card issuer's contact number, they'll probably just do the exact thing that I've already done. Contact the card and launch an investigation, as they don't seem to know what's happened either.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #410
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
Anyone here experienced an unknown charge from Amazon? Had a strange charge that didn't match up with anything on my account on X'mas Eve.
Yep, had one last year and it was a mistake on Amazon's part. They deducted the money for the blus, which was around $27 AUD, and then Amazon UK deducted 27 pounds. I immediately contacted them, contacted the bank, and it turned out that Amazon UK has buggered up, so they refunded the money and my next order was shipped super quick for nothing!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #411
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
Oh, it was just the usual oh-we're-sorry-you're-a-really-important-customer-to-us-we'll-be-happy-to-investigate-it-for-you. But seeing as the want the card issuer's contact number, they'll probably just do the exact thing that I've already done. Contact the card and launch an investigation, as they don't seem to know what's happened either.
At least if Amazon is also telling your provider it's in error, that validates your claim, doesn't it?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #412
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Yep, had one last year and it was a mistake on Amazon's part. They deducted the money for the blus, which was around $27 AUD, and then Amazon UK deducted 27 pounds. I immediately contacted them, contacted the bank, and it turned out that Amazon UK has buggered up, so they refunded the money and my next order was shipped super quick for nothing!
Ah, thanks for the reply. I suspect it's error on Amazon's part too. It's possible they've charged me again for an order from Amazon UK (which the UK has already billed me for) actually, which was around $40.

Quote:
At least if Amazon is also telling your provider it's in error, that validates your claim, doesn't it?
I'll just have to wait and see, but I have good faith in my card provider. As they've texted me straight away in the past whenever they suspected something was dodgy or was dubious about where the card has been used.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:26 AM   #413

Jul 2012

So I'm not sure if this is really the place to post about this, but will do any way as help is needed. I've got a Samsung 3D Blu Ray player that I've had for two years now. Last I brought some dvd's from America and when I got home changed the region code on the player and they worked fine after.

This year went to America and picked up a few blu rays. When I got home two weeks ago Modern Family Season 3, which is meant to be only region A, worked fine so this lead me to believe when I unlocked it a year earlier it also unlocked it for Blu Rays as well.

But in the past week I've tried The Walking Dead and the Bond 50 Box set and they won't work, saying they are for region A players.

Does anyone know why it has unlocked regions for dvd's but not all Blu Rays and why Mod. Fam worked but not others?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #414

May 2009
New Zealand

Modern Family: Season 3 is Region A & B according to it's listing.. that's why it played.

As for Region 1 DVDs, majority (if not ALL) of the players in Australia should be region free for DVDs, so that's why they played.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:51 AM   #415

Jul 2012

So even though one year ago I used a hack from online to change it to play any region it still wont play the Bond 50 set?

Do you know of a way to get them to work?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:52 AM   #416

May 2009
New Zealand

Your hack disabled the DVD region coding by the sounds of it, not the Blu-Ray coding, which is different.

What model player do you have? Maybe someone can find some info for you based on that, but I highly doubt it.

Last edited by LordCrumb; 12-29-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #417

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydenXblu View Post
So even though one year ago I used a hack from online to change it to play any region it still wont play the Bond 50 set?

Do you know of a way to get them to work?
Codes will generally not make a Blu-ray player region free as such, simply region changeable. For instance, the Soniq and Toshiba players can be set to region 9 for DVD making it region free for DVD but for Blu-ray can only be set to region A, B or C. You can change the region but can't set it to play all regions at once.

As LordCrumb mentioned, post your player make and model and we may be able to assist. If it's one of the Soniq players or the Toshiba then it's:

Setup
Then in the BD field 1 for A, 2 for B or 4 for C
Setup
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10. New/sealed. Price includes shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update June 8! |--

Last edited by atexp80; 12-29-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:53 AM   #418

Jul 2012

Pretty sure its BD-D5500 by Samsung.

Thank you for your help, and hopefully I can fix it.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #419

May 2009
New Zealand

Random Terminator talk;

Miles Dysons daughter.. what ever happened to her lol. She disappears during the entire shootout at the Dyson residence, and is also absent from the Sarah Connor Chronicles when Sarah goes to talk to his wife.

I've always found that strange in T2, and I'm just re-watching SC Chronicles again and notice she is also gone from that.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:28 AM   #420
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Is anyone a member of Overclockers AUS Forums?
Just signed up and would be great to know a few and get connected. I've been reluctant to join another forum but I can't just be Blu-ray.com exclusive
Anyway, I have the same name so add me
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia