Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Which team will be crowned Super Bowl XLVIII Champions?
Seattle Seahawks 26 29.89%
Denver Broncos 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #26681
fatediesel fatediesel is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Nov 2007
Iowa
377
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
I hope they don't come after my shanny jr
What the Redskins should (and may) do is give Kyle Shanahan a raise to around the average starting salary of a first time head coach and put it in his contract that he'll become head coach when his dad retires. Mike Shanahan is 60 and who knows how much longer he plans on coaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
Yup, there should be an official announcement for Reid today.

I'd be damned if Norv Turner keeps his job. He's been on the hot seat longer than anyone year after year from what I can remember.
No way Norv keeps his job. He should have been fired after last year and there's no way he's not getting fired after missing the playoffs 3 straight years. The ineptitude of the Chargers organization has pretty much wasted Phillip Rivers' prime. They never should have gotten rid of Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #26682
supersix4 supersix4 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
Yup, there should be an official announcement for Reid today.

I'd be damned if Norv Turner keeps his job. He's been on the hot seat longer than anyone year after year from what I can remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
What the Redskins should (and may) do is give Kyle Shanahan a raise to around the average starting salary of a first time head coach and put it in his contract that he'll become head coach when his dad retires. Mike Shanahan is 60 and who knows how much longer he plans on coaching.



No way Norv keeps his job. He should have been fired after last year and there's no way he's not getting fired after missing the playoffs 3 straight years. The ineptitude of the Chargers organization has pretty much wasted Phillip Rivers' prime. They never should have gotten rid of Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season.

I'd love to see what Kyle could draw up for tebow... But I do hope they keep him
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #26683
MaCruz MaCruz is offline
Community Gaming Moderator
 
MaCruz's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
99
485
17
5
23
93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Sadly the Jags owner wants Tebow so whoever you get is going to be a supporter for Tebow. Honestly if I were you guys id expect MJD to play out the last year of his contract and bolt for a better team. If the Jags do go after Tebow which is expected, you guys can expect 5 more years of mediocrity to fix the issue at hand.
Yeah our owner wanted Tebow, but the coaching staff Gene Smith and company talked Kahn out of it to give Gabbert one more year before this season started. He progressed a little but not enough to build a team around him. Just tired of people backing him up. The biggest excuse I hear all the time from commentators and people here in Jax are, Gabbert drafted at the age of 21, and was thrown under center without going to through a real training camp during his rookie year.... blah blah blah.

For MJD's situation. Hope for a speedy recovery and comes back with another solid season next year. As for his future here, it's probably make or break for the 2013 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
No way Norv keeps his job. He should have been fired after last year and there's no way he's not getting fired after missing the playoffs 3 straight years. The ineptitude of the Chargers organization has pretty much wasted Phillip Rivers' prime. They never should have gotten rid of Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season.
Ha! Yeah I still can't believe they got rid of Marty just because they didn't make it to the Super Bowl when he was there. They just needed that one pivotal game to get over that hump, but they went elsewhere and thought getting rid of the coach would solve their Super Bowl appearance problems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #26684
R3P0 R3P0 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Jets just canned there GM Rex Ryan stays

Quote:

Jets pink-slip GM Tannenbaum; retain Rex Ryan

Jets fired GM Mike Tannenbaum.

In a statement, owner Woody Johnson also announced that the Jets would retain head coach Rex Ryan. "Rex Ryan will remain the Head Coach of our football team," Johnson said. "I believe that he has the passion, the talent, and the drive to successfully lead our team." Firing Tannenbaum was a no-brainer move for the Jets, whose roster deteriorated quicker than any organization's in football during the last four seasons of Tannenbaum's seven years on the job. The Jets went to the AFC title game in 2009 and 2010, but slipped to 8-8 in 2011 and 6-10 in 2012, becoming a legitimately bad team this season. Ultimately, Tannenbaum was a "cap guy" whose decision making on Mark Sanchez's contract will hold the Jets hostage into 2013. Tannenbaum was thoroughly clueless when it came to player evaluation. Johnson will set his sights on a new GM willing to keep Rex as head coach.

Dec 31 - 9:17 AM
Also word coming out of KC Crenel has been fired GM Pioli keeps his job

Quote:

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms the Chiefs will fire coach Romeo Crennel on Monday, but GM Scott Pioli's job is safe for now.

It's worth noting that Profootballtalk.com is reporting Pioli has yet to be informed about his 2013 job status. Crennel has been a successful coordinator, but he's now 28-55 as a head coach with just one winning season in five years. To be fair, Pioli saddled him with a roster that contained zero NFL-caliber starters at quarterback. Despite a 23-40 record in four seasons with the Chiefs, Pioli has long been a favorite of owner Clark Hunt, who now appears to be offering a long leash. As was the case when he first landed in Kansas City, Pioli -- if retained -- will be charged with finding a head coach and a franchise QB this offseason. Under Pioli, the Chiefs are still at square one.

Source: ESPN.com
Dec 31 - 9:17 AM
7/23/2012 - The day justice was served to PSU

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.

Last edited by R3P0; 12-31-2012 at 01:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #26685
supersix4 supersix4 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default

Start Cousins for the playoffs!!!!!
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #26686
R3P0 R3P0 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
Yeah our owner wanted Tebow, but the coaching staff Gene Smith and company talked Kahn out of it to give Gabbert one more year before this season started. He progressed a little but not enough to build a team around him. Just tired of people backing him up. The biggest excuse I hear all the time from commentators and people here in Jax are, Gabbert drafted at the age of 21, and was thrown under center without going to through a real training camp during his rookie year.... blah blah blah.

For MJD's situation. Hope for a speedy recovery and comes back with another solid season next year. As for his future here, it's probably make or break for the 2013 season.



Ha! Yeah I still can't believe they got rid of Marty just because they didn't make it to the Super Bowl when he was there. They just needed that one pivotal game to get over that hump, but they went elsewhere and thought getting rid of the coach would solve their Super Bowl appearance problems.
Dood your owner is going to screw you over, because once the Tebow experiment fails the NFL is going to pay any city fines and move you guys to London. Your team is going to get a major shaft in the next 5 years and I dont really think you guys get how screwed up its going to be.
7/23/2012 - The day justice was served to PSU

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #26687
supersix4 supersix4 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Dood your owner is going to screw you over, because once the Tebow experiment fails the NFL is going to pay any city fines and move you guys to London. Your team is going to get a major shaft in the next 5 years and I dont really think you guys get how screwed up its going to be.
Tebow will win comeback player of the year, MVP and lead Mac to a jags super bowl under new coach of the year Kyle shanahan coming off his first super bowl with the redskins
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #26688
Hatter Hatter is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada
38
64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Tebow would get you 10 wins. Easy.


Tebow needs to lull the opposing defense to sleep first which takes at least three quarters most of the time. In turn that requires his defense to bail him out for three quarters. The Jags defense is nowhere near the same caliber as the Broncos defense.
Vaiyo A-O , A Home Va Ya Ray, Vaiyo A-Rah, Jerhume Brunnen G

My Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #26689
R3P0 R3P0 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Tebow will win comeback player of the year, MVP and lead Mac to a jags super bowl under new coach of the year Kyle shanahan coming off his first super bowl with the redskins
Yeah your dreaming six, I feel bad for that city because they are about to get the shaft bigtime. What any coach interviewing for that job needs to tell Khan is Tebow is not a QB. He has talents dont get me wrong, but 30 teams have spoken when they said plainly we dont want this guy as a QB. Make him an H Back, TE, Run the Wildcat properly, Put him on Punt returns and kickoffs. But for god sakes dont dumb down your offense to come to this guys level.

Its going to be a similar situation with Denard Robinson coming out of Michigan the guy is not a QB, in his case hes a WR and Punt/Kick returner, and he can run the wildcat.
7/23/2012 - The day justice was served to PSU

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #26690
supersix4 supersix4 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default



Quote:
"@Faux_TimTebow: Q: How do you say Tony Romo in Spanish?
A: Mark Sanchez."

Awesome.
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #26691
MaCruz MaCruz is offline
Community Gaming Moderator
 
MaCruz's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
99
485
17
5
23
93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Dood your owner is going to screw you over, because once the Tebow experiment fails the NFL is going to pay any city fines and move you guys to London. Your team is going to get a major shaft in the next 5 years and I dont really think you guys get how screwed up its going to be.
Nah, no way an NFL team would go to London for good.

As for our owner stating he's keeping the Jags in Jacksonville. I wouldn't surprise if he moves the team elsewhere in the future since that's always a possibility no matter how often an owner says we're staying put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post


Tebow needs to lull the opposing defense to sleep first which takes at least three quarters most of the time. In turn that requires his defense to bail him out for three quarters. The Jags defense is nowhere near the same caliber as the Broncos defense.
Even since Del Rio moved to Denver as Defensive coordinator. They look pretty good keeping the lead for Manning and the offense. Our current assistant head coach / defensive Mel Tucker did a fine job since Del Rio's departure, but we've been battering injuries for so long. With an offense that can't convert 3rd downs and sustained drives. Our defense got tired in the 2nd half and we gave up a lot of big plays to the opposing teams.

Our weakness is our secondary, and we need to find a true pass rusher up front. I still think our defense would rank a lot higher than it is today if we weren't on the field for almost 30mins + a game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #26692
R3P0 R3P0 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

End of an Era Reid Fired

Quote:

Eagles fired coach Andy Reid.

The longest-tenured head coach in the NFL and winningest head man in Eagles history is out after 14 seasons. "The search for the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles will begin immediately," owner Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. Reid finishes his Philadelphia tenure with a 130-93-1 record (.585), and nine playoff appearances in 14 years. He won the rugged NFC East six times. But the Eagles have sunk from 10-6 to 8-8 to 4-12 over their past three seasons, and weren't competitive for large chunks of each of the past two years. Reid remains one of the best head coaches in all of football, but the time had come for a change. Reid has said he plans to continue coaching in 2013, and should have little trouble finding a new gig. As for the Eagles, ESPN's Jon Gruden and Bengals DC Mike Zimmer are two early rumored candidates.

Source: PhiladelphiaEagles.com
Dec 31 - 10:04 AM

7/23/2012 - The day justice was served to PSU

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.

Last edited by R3P0; 12-31-2012 at 02:17 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #26693
R3P0 R3P0 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
Nah, no way an NFL team would go to London for good.

As for our owner stating he's keeping the Jags in Jacksonville. I wouldn't surprise if he moves the team elsewhere in the future since that's always a possibility no matter how often an owner says we're staying put.



Even since Del Rio moved to Denver as Defensive coordinator. They look pretty good keeping the lead for Manning and the offense. Our current assistant head coach / defensive Mel Tucker did a fine job since Del Rio's departure, but we've been battering injuries for so long. With an offense that can't convert 3rd downs and sustained drives. Our defense got tired in the 2nd half and we gave up a lot of big plays to the opposing teams.

Our weakness is our secondary, and we need to find a true pass rusher up front. I still think our defense would rank a lot higher than it is today if we weren't on the field for almost 30mins + a game.
Look at the London schedules, you guys have more games in London then anyone for a reason. Its because your team is on the block to move. The NFL wants a team there and right now its one of 3 that will most likely be going, Jags, Rams, or Chargers. The NFL is going to test the market with several games over the next few years, plop the SB in London 1 year and then move a team if it is successful. They have stated this many times.
7/23/2012 - The day justice was served to PSU

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #26694
dcowboy7 dcowboy7 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
dcowboy7's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Pequannock, NJ
84
Default

I said cowboys werent good enough to win & would be better to lose.

So now we get the easier schedule & higher draft pix in each round.

When it comes to the cowboys i know what im talkin bout so yall learn a lesson about that for next year.

Here is the schedule for 2013 for all 32 teams with dates/times out in april:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...013-nfl-season
"What are you people....on dope ?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #26695
MaCruz MaCruz is offline
Community Gaming Moderator
 
MaCruz's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
99
485
17
5
23
93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Look at the London schedules, you guys have more games in London then anyone for a reason. Its because your team is on the block to move. The NFL wants a team there and right now its one of 3 that will most likely be going, Jags, Rams, or Chargers. The NFL is going to test the market with several games over the next few years, plop the SB in London 1 year and then move a team if it is successful. They have stated this many times.
We the Jags have 1 home game in London for the next 5 seasons starting the 2013-14 season, and I know the NFL wants to continue to grow fan base over in London but it's not feasible for that one NFL team in London to come back and forth for home and then away games. The time zone is what, 5 hours ahead from east coast time? Imagine if that London team has to travel San Diego, or Seattle? That's going to be hell for that one NFL team. I just don't see it happening right now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #26696
fatediesel fatediesel is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Nov 2007
Iowa
377
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Look at the London schedules, you guys have more games in London then anyone for a reason. Its because your team is on the block to move. The NFL wants a team there and right now its one of 3 that will most likely be going, Jags, Rams, or Chargers. The NFL is going to test the market with several games over the next few years, plop the SB in London 1 year and then move a team if it is successful. They have stated this many times.
They can talk all they want but having a team in London would be a nightmare for the league. With the time difference they could never play a prime time game because that's the middle of the night in London. It would be a travel nightmare for the London team to have to travel to America 10 times a year and for teams to have to travel to London. The London team would never be able to get free agents without severely overpaying because few players would want to live in London, even if it was just for the season, so it would be hard for the London team to ever be competitive for an extended period of time.

I also don't see a Super Bowl happening in London because due to the previously mentioned time difference it would have to air in America at around 3:00 PM ET and an afternoon Super Bowl would severely hurt the ratings. They've been talking about a London Super Bowl for years but they've never come close to actually considering it. They already know who will host the Super Bowl through 2015, and London isn't among the teams being considered for 2016 or 2017.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #26697
R3P0 R3P0 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
We the Jags have 1 home game in London for the next 5 seasons starting the 2013-14 season, and I know the NFL wants to continue to grow fan base over in London but it's not feasible for that one NFL team in London to come back and forth for home and then away games. The time zone is what, 5 hours ahead from east coast time? Imagine if that London team has to travel San Diego, or Seattle? That's going to be hell for that one NFL team. I just don't see it happening right now.
And they had 1 this year. Rams and Bolts each have 1
7/23/2012 - The day justice was served to PSU

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #26698
supersix4 supersix4 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default

Not sure can make it till 4pm... Running out of gas and it's 10:30!
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #26699
MaCruz MaCruz is offline
Community Gaming Moderator
 
MaCruz's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
99
485
17
5
23
93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
And they had 1 this year. Rams and Bolts each have 1
Right, and the NFL has had teams play 1 game in London the past couple years.

I just don't see an actual NFL team based from London to play a 16 game schedule with the lower 48 states.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #26700
R3P0 R3P0 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Lovie may be out

Quote:


NFL Network's Ian Rapoport hears "it's not looking good" for Lovie Smith's chances of staying on as Bears head coach after missing playoffs.

Smith has enjoyed as much support from his players as any head coach in the league, but he's now missed out on the playoffs in five of the past six seasons. While he's widely respected as a defensive guru, Smith's offenses have too often been a disaster. In particular, the passing game has held the rest of the team hostage for the majority of his tenure in Chicago. Smith sports an 81-63 record over nine seasons with the Bears.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Dec 31 - 10:20 AM
7/23/2012 - The day justice was served to PSU

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49 AM.