Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Little Busters!: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
BTOOOM!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Intolerable Cruelty (Blu-ray)
$10.49
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Vikings: Season One (Blu-ray)
$21.99
The Blues Brothers (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Persona 4 the Animation: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Hold Your Breath (Blu-ray)
$8.75
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
La Storia della Arcana Famiglia: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio

Old 01-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #1

Jan 2011
Idaho
Default Turtle Beach Call of Duty: Black Ops II Gaming Headset

Hey I was just wandering if anyone on here has tried out the - Turtle Beach Ear Force Tango – Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Limited Edition Programmable Wireless Dolby® Surround Sound Gaming Headset, and if so what are your thoughts on them?

I have been wanting to pick up something that could offer surround sound and mic option for gaming to use with my TV for late night gaming or movie sessions. As my home theater surround system disturbs the neighbors and wife if I don't turn it down quite a bit.

So when I saw these on sale on Amazon for $199 during the Albertson's promotion where you could get $20 off next grocery order with $100 amazon Gift Card purchase, I decided to to order these. After running to Albertson's to get the $40 in groceries for buying 2 $100 Gift cards it brought price of these down to $160 plus they have a promo for a free set of M1 gaming earbuds if you register these online. So the price seemed right and seems to have mostly positive reviews.

So if any of you have these who do you have them setup? I have my PS3, 360, 3D Bluray Player, and Apple TV all going into my Onkyo NR609 via HDMI and my Wii connects via analog stereo plugs. And then all my Audio is returned to my TV via the HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel).

The Headset has audio in and out vial optical, but my Onkyo does not have an optical out. But my Samsung TV does have an optical out, so I am hoping that if I connect these right into the TV optical out that it should have all my audio signals sent out to headset in digital format.

Does anyone know if this will work this way? And if not what would your suggestions be?

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Call-Xbox-360-6304300/dp/B00886XQO0/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1357131565&sr= 1-2&keywords=turtle+beach+black+ops+2
Will pay $10 for Anger Management Season 3 UV Code from US Bluray

Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com
Old 01-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #2

Sep 2009

Does the Samsung pass DD5.1 via the optical out? If so, you are set.
If not, run the optical direct from the source component.

The EF Tangos are rebadged XP500s, which are the top of the line model from TB. I have them, and they work very well.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #3

Jan 2011
Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradman View Post
Does the Samsung pass DD5.1 via the optical out? If so, you are set.
If not, run the optical direct from the source component.

The EF Tangos are rebadged XP500s, which are the top of the line model from TB. I have them, and they work very well.
Thanks Bradman, and it does I got these all setup this way and they are working great!
Will pay $10 for Anger Management Season 3 UV Code from US Bluray

Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio

Tags
5.1, gaming, headset, turtle beach