COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.98
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mud (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air (Blu-ray)
$14.22
Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.89

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Old 12-30-2012, 05:04 AM   #141
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Texas

Only way I would even consider getting either one at launch is if they're backwards compatible and I can transfer over my saves. My gaming time has been cut drastically and I'll need to have gotten through the walking dead, halo 4, far cry 3, bioshock infinite, and gta v before I look into getting a new console, and at this rate those titles will last me well into 2014. Probably best to wait a year or two anyways to avoid more rrod type issues.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #142

Nov 2012

I don't know. Maybe the next XBOX because I only use my PS3 for Blu-Ray.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #143
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
In the back, off the side, far away

I'm definitely not a fan-boy but I'll continue to stick with X-Box through & through.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #144

Nov 2012
USA -> maryland
Send a message via Skype™ to RandomNinjaAtk

Xbox FTW!
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
Old 12-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #145

Jun 2010
Perth, Ontario, Canada

Quite enjoying my Wii U so far. I have about 10 of the launch titles and haven't found a bad one yet.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #146
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

I'll wait a year... no way am I paying that much money for an untested console. I wanted an xbox 360 but refused for years due to the RIDICULOUS failure rate (3rd party studies found 33% of the 1st two Xbox gens failed)... completely unacceptable.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #147

Mar 2010

Ummm.. I think I'm done with consoles. This gen was way to expensive for it's own good. While I enjoyed many I think PS2 ruined me.
I'll never buy all 3 again unless I just have money to burn. I'm not even excited about the next gen. I think I'm going to save up and build a gaming PC.

I'll still look over specs and such. If I had to make a prediction due to my usage now and exclusives it would be Sony.

Last edited by Kraken; 12-30-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #148

Jan 2009
Pennsylvania

Getting an XBOX 3 and a PS4.

I'm an XBOX guy but the exclusives Sony has make it worth buying my first PS. I've been wanting to buy a PS3 forever but figured why bother now. Close to the end of the cycle. Gonna have to see price point of course cause I ain't buying no $600 PS4 like the PS3 was priced.

New XBOX Day 1 for sure. Yeah I am a bit worried of the 360s failure rate (I never had an RRoD), but I just dont see Microsoft letting that happen again. They will not be able to afford to this time around. And it has to be bluray.... doesnt it?

Last edited by NY Yankees 23 2; 01-02-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #149
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Yankees 23 2 View Post
Getting an XBOX 3 and a PS4.

I'm an XBOX guy but the exclusives Sony has make it worth buying my first PS. I've been wanting to buy a PS3 forever but figured why bother now. Close to the end of the cycle. Gonna have to see price point of course cause I ain't buying no $600 PS4 like the PS3 was priced.

New XBOX Day 1 for sure. Yeah I am a bit worried of the 360s failure rate (I never had an RRoD), but I just dont see Microsoft letting that happen again. They will not be able to afford to this time around. And it has to be bluray.... doesnt it?
not necessarily. there's no official word out yet from them on the specs of the drive but they were considering creating a proprietary HD disc drive kind of like how the Gamecube had a proprietary format for it's disc drive back in the day so they wouldn't have to have a blu-ray drive. they very well may go with a BD drive but it's not a certainty
Old 01-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #150
Power Member

Nov 2010
Jackson, MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Ummm.. I think I'm done with consoles. This gen was way to expensive for it's own good. While I enjoyed many I think PS2 ruined me.
I'll never buy all 3 again unless I just have money to burn. I'm not even excited about the next gen. I think I'm going to save up and build a gaming PC.

I'll still look over specs and such. If I had to make a prediction due to my usage now and exclusives it would be Sony.
I'm not done with consoles but I no longer feel as though I HAVE to have every console and right after they come out. Just not that important anymore and my taste in games has narrowed down to mainly shooters with the occasionally action/adventure game.

It was back in the XBox, PS2, and Gamecube days that i started to feel this way. Mainly because I had a Gamecube and NEVER played it. THIS generation was the nail in the coffin because like last time I had all three consoles and I NEVER played the Wii.

Oh well, if anything I'll just save alot of money this way. Chances are I'll get the new X-Box and Playstation next generation. Neither will be bought day one and when I get one the other probably wont come until a couple of price drops.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:37 AM   #151
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi View Post
I'm not done with consoles but I no longer feel as though I HAVE to have every console and right after they come out. Just not that important anymore and my taste in games has narrowed down to mainly shooters with the occasionally action/adventure game.

It was back in the XBox, PS2, and Gamecube days that i started to feel this way. Mainly because I had a Gamecube and NEVER played it. THIS generation was the nail in the coffin because like last time I had all three consoles and I NEVER played the Wii.

Oh well, if anything I'll just save alot of money this way. Chances are I'll get the new X-Box and Playstation next generation. Neither will be bought day one and when I get one the other probably wont come until a couple of price drops.
same here. the ps3 was actually my only next gen console for this generation. normally I got all three. the whacked out prices for the 360 and ps3 was enough to make me not want to own all 3. hopefully this next gen is more reasonable.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #152
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Ottawa,Canada
Send a message via MSN to TheZoof

I hope they don't focus on cheap price for next gen. In order to get proper next gen, they need to get the best hardware they can...

I would be willing to spend up to $600 on launch, for full 1080p 60fps, higher textures, AA etc.

If they don't give us true next gen graphics, then I will just have to stick with my PC.

Ultimately I would want the next gen console to support triple monitor resolutions... however I doubt that will happen.
The Zoof

Living Room - Pioneer KRP-500M | Pioneer Elite SC-25 | Panasonic DMP-BD89| PS4 | Wii U
Speakers
- PSB Image B25 Monitor | PSB Alpha B1 Monitor | PSB Alpha C1 Monitor | Klipsch SW-115

Fav Blu Right Now - No Country for Old Men
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #153

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZoof View Post
I hope they don't focus on cheap price for next gen. In order to get proper next gen, they need to get the best hardware they can...

I would be willing to spend up to $600 on launch, for full 1080p 60fps, higher textures, AA etc.

If they don't give us true next gen graphics, then I will just have to stick with my PC.

Ultimately I would want the next gen console to support triple monitor resolutions... however I doubt that will happen.
Not to be mean or anything it sounds more like you should have a gaming PC rather than a console. I mean that's what they are becoming anyways. *shrugs*
I just wish I still had that type of love for consoles. :/ I mean I don't even like PCs much either I just want to still game.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #154

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi View Post

I waited on all of this Gen consoles I think a good 2-3 on both Wii and PS3 and like 7 on 360. I might me waiting 5-7 to get next gens if I really want them. But yea I'll be saving a ton of money.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #155

Nov 2012
USA -> maryland
Send a message via Skype™ to RandomNinjaAtk

The only day 1 console of this Gen that I had purchased was a Wii (technically now previous Gen) and in less then a year I had sold it. I waited a few years before picking up a 360 and I will not be making that mistake this time. It will be a day 1 purchase for me, assuming it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'll probably buy 2 of them also, one for me and one for my significant other.
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #156
Power Member

Nov 2010
Jackson, MS

This will probably NEVER happend but I do wish Sony and MS would just release a console "together" OR another company create a very universal console that both companies can/could bring their games to.

One of the toughest things about consoles are "console exclusives". Both the XBox and Playstation, IMO, have "must play" franchises that I've grown up with and enjoy very much.

To be honest, if the PC had games like God of War, ALL the Halo games, Killzones, Uncharted games, and tons of other console exclusives I wouldve gone PC (strictly a gaming PC) a loooooong time ago.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #157
Special Member

Dec 2010

Definitely the new playstation! I love Sony's exclusives
I wouldn't mind getting the new or even the current Xbox but I really struggle to find an exclusive that I want to play

will also buy the Wii U, when they release a Zelda game (hopefully will be after I get the time to finally play Skyward Sword)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #158
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
Definitely the new playstation! I love Sony's exclusives
I wouldn't mind getting the new or even the current Xbox but I really struggle to find an exclusive that I want to play

will also buy the Wii U, when they release a Zelda game (hopefully will be after I get the time to finally play Skyward Sword)
I wish the Dark Souls/Demon Souls creators would be granted the job of making the next Zelda game.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #159
Banned

Jan 2013

I'll be going with the next Xbox as my console of choice. One thing I probably won't be doing at all this next gen is having multiple consoles. It'll be XBOX all the way for me.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #160

Sep 2011

I usually go with a PC and one console that has games that is not available on the PC. So far it has been the PlayStation series because I like fighting games (Xbox 360's D-pad is ridiculous) and J-RPGs (Though I haven't found anything REALLY good on the PS3 so far).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion