Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
11 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
11 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (Blu-ray)
$4.99
5 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 12-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #21
Special Member

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Just been browsing the net and it seems Soumik Sen has roped in Kaushiki Chakrabarthy to sing for Madhuri Dixit in Gulab Gang. That has to be coup of sorts. I am really excited about the movie and the soundtrack. For those who dont know, Kaushiki is the daughter of classical singer Pandit Ajoy Chkrabarthy. She has an amazing voice, her raag renditions are simply beautiful and have kept me listening for a while now! My favourites of hers are her Tarana and Thillana rendition in Raag Nat Bhairav and Raag Kuntalavarali respectively.

http://www.likhati.com/2010/11/30/some-more-kaushiki/

She is precise and her voice, imo is on par with Begum Parween Sultana (Another amazing artiste). On the plus side it seems that this is the first time Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla will be on film together. All those that thrived on the 80's and 90's films, this has to be very special movie! Very excited now!
LG 42" LW6510 3D TV | Onkyo TX-NR 609 (7.2 Setup) |
Sony PS4 - 500 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region A)|
Oppo BD-103 | HP Envy M6 |
Polk Audio CSi A6 | Polk Audio Tsi 500's | Polk Audio Tsi 100's | Wharfedale Diamond 10 DFS Surrounds | JBL ES250PBK |
Optoma HD25-LV 3D Projector | Elite Manual Screen 109"

Last edited by mrbrat_Boy; 12-28-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #22
Special Member

Jul 2009

After packing my Vinyl collection, decided to listen to Rajshri Films Lesser known 'Sawan Ko Aane Do', these are the tracks:

1. Bole To Bansuri Kahin Bajti
Singers: K J Yesudas Lyricists: Pooran Kumar Hosh

2. Chand Jaise Mukhde Pe
Singers: K J Yesudas Lyricists: P Pankaj

3. Jaanam Jaanam Tera Mera Pyar
Singers: K J Yesudas Lyricists: Fauq Zami

4. Kajre Ki Baati
Singers: Sulakshana Pandit , K J Yesudas Lyricists: Maya Govind

5. Gagan Yeh Samjhe Chand Sukhi Hai
Singers: Jaspal Singh Lyricists: Madan Bharati

6. Sawan Ko Aane Do
Singers: Kalyani Mitra , Jaspal Singh Lyricists: Gauhar Kanpuri

7. Tere Bin Soona Mere Man Ka Mandir
Singers: K J Yesudas Lyricists: Abhilash

8. Teri Tasveer Ko
Singers: K J Yesudas Lyricists: Fauq Zami

9. Tujhe Dekh Kar Jagwale
Singers: K J Yesudas Lyricists: Indeewar

10. Patthar Se Sheesha
Singers: Anand Kumar C Lyricists: Fauq Jami

Music Director Rajkamal is little known by today's rhythm addicts, but he was brilliant at composing semi classical tunes that definitely garnered a classy ear! One other famous soundtrack by Rajkamal was Chashm-e-Buddoor, with the beautiful Kahan Se Aayi Badra.

Sawan Ko Aane Do was released in 1979, and i liked that he wasnt forced into taking the more popular singers at the time. K. J. Yesudas sweet vocals covered the album in melodic grace. The semi classical tuynes are seeped in Indian melody. Tabla, Sitar, Pakhawaj, Dholak are prevalent in most of the tracks and adds to their rustic authenticity.

My favourites would be Bole To bansuri By K. J. Yesudas in Raag Kedar. Beautiful intermittent classical pieces adorn this track, with Yesudas crooning in sweet melody. Actually all of the Yesudas tracks are beautiful showcasing his talent. The title track is full of fun and singer Jaspal Singh adds to that with his unique voice. The lone qawaali 'Patthar Se Sheesha' starts of with a Bandish (Sounds like Raag Yaman) and transcends into the qawalli. Beautiful vocals by Anand C. Kumar adds heavily to this track.

I wonder why Rajkamal didnt continue composing, i do enjoy his soundtracks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sawan Ko Aane Do OST [1979 EMI] India.jpg (31.7 KB, 73 views)
Sony PS4 - 500 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region A)|
Polk Audio CSi A6 | Polk Audio Tsi 500's | Polk Audio Tsi 100's | Wharfedale Diamond 10 DFS Surrounds | JBL ES250PBK |

Last edited by mrbrat_Boy; 12-30-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:26 AM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

^ fantastic insight mrbrat, much obliged for your views, I should check this out.
With regards to why Rajkamal didn't continue composing, it might have to do with the fact that the nature of the films themselves changed - from gentle middle-class romances with relate-able characters, we've come to a stage where you can't have a romantic movie that's not larger-than-life, with tours of exotic foreign locales and panoramic helicopter tracking shots. The style of the music has also accordingly changed, and therefore the old composers were discarded. Similarly the Rajashri movies with gentle romances had KJ Yesudas as the playback, and their latter era louder and more melodramatic films had SP Balasubramanyam .
Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #24
Special Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
^ fantastic insight mrbrat, much obliged for your views, I should check this out.
With regards to why Rajkamal didn't continue composing, it might have to do with the fact that the nature of the films themselves changed - from gentle middle-class romances with relate-able characters, we've come to a stage where you can't have a romantic movie that's not larger-than-life, with tours of exotic foreign locales and panoramic helicopter tracking shots. The style of the music has also accordingly changed, and therefore the old composers were discarded. Similarly the Rajashri movies with gentle romances had KJ Yesudas as the playback, and their latter era louder and more melodramatic films had SP Balasubramanyam .
My Pleasure Ravenus,
I guess you are right, i watched this movie a while back, but it stays with me, for the music and for its simplicity. I cant imagine such songs in today's garish cinema. It's sad though,
Old 01-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #25
Special Member

Jul 2009

Completed a back to back listing of Pandit Jasraj - Sharaangdev Pandit's Raaga Symphony. After a really good New Years party, this was greatly welcomed for an evening of relaxation and enjoyment:

The Tracks:
1. A Faint Flutter - Raag Khamaaj

2. A Jasmine In Twilight - Raag Yaman

3. An Embrace Of Passion - Raag Bhageshree

4. Divine Dawn - Raag Lalit

5. Sanctuary Of Surrender - Raag Sindh Bhairavi

6. Sacred Sound - Music Of The Devdas

7. Solace In Darkness - Raag Malkauns

8. Twilight Melancholy - Raag Marwa

Ever heard those really wonderful background Hollywood scores from movies, now picture raag infused symphonies, that is what Raag Symphony is all about, only much more harmonious.

Each track has been harmoniously and gacefully composed By Pandit Jasraj and Sharaangdev Pandit. The tracks also contain distinct instrument not usually played in Raaga formats, but tuned to the raag it portrays.

A faint flutter in Raag Khamaaj begins with the piano, guitar and cello, infused with Tarana. A great start to a complete album. Mid-Way the electrci guitar takes precedence and stuns with its rendition.

A Jasmine in Twilight based on Raag Yaman sounds like the setting sun over a snow capped mountain. The violin finds its way above the peaks, with great percussion, the flute shares its melody and the pakhawaj dominates in pure harmony.

An embrace of passion warms up the evening with its piano, violin and flutes. Santoor and Pakhwaj soothes the heart in Raag Bhageshree. The songs starts off slowly and then the tabla is introduced and what rhythm it creates! Wait for the end piece that generates energy on the highest levels. Simply outstanding!

Divine Dawn in Raag Lalit begins with an alaap, the sitar in the background, and then the flute, piano and synthesizer. The flutes peaks at dawn and creates hysteria. This track will transport you to somewhere where the sun continues to create dawn continuously.

Sanctuary Of Surrender in Raag Sindh Bhiarav starts with the harp and sitar in beautiful harmony. The violin and flute takes charge with melodious alaaps, that makes you surrender your worries.

Sacred Sounds begins with a chant, led by the violin, then with a powerful bang, the Veena serenades this serious piece with brilliant precision.

Put the lights out and listen to the next track, as the harp begins its magic in Raaga Malkauns. A trance like alaap heads way and sets the mood. The Sitar and Sarangi compliment each other with the bass drum giving background to the solace of Darkness.

The santoor opens, with the tanpura playing in the background in Raaga Marwa, the piano creates an eeriee sounds, followed with a beautiful Tarana, where the tabla creates its magic.

Hats off to Pandit Jasraj and Sharaangdev Pandit for creating an album like this. The album was released in 2008 and i've been waiting for a follow up ever since.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #26

Feb 2010

Welcome back bro after blessed journey! Man this seems an awe inspiring blissful experience! Subhan allah
Old 01-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Thanks for the heads up about raga symphony, will check it out. But when did Sharang Dev become Pandit? Who accorded him that title?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #28
Special Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
Welcome back bro after blessed journey! Man this seems an awe inspiring blissful experience! Subhan allah
Thanks Zoran Bhai!

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up about raga symphony, will check it out. But when did Sharang Dev become Pandit? Who accorded him that title?
Once again, my pleasure, another one of those CD's that always makes my playlist. Been in love with this album for a while now... I dont know actually, i always thought 'Pandit' was his family name, lol.

Btw, i have been listening to Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, and i must say, i'm liking it alot. Oh Boy Charlie is really addictive. Even Badal Uthiya is simply goosebumps material. I think its Rekha Bhardwaj to thanks for her awesome vocals. I always look forward to Vishal Bhardwaj soundtracks. I see he also used Africa Umoja in the soundtrack, good to see some South African artistes in Bollywood.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrat_Boy View Post
I think its Rekha Bhardwaj to thanks for her awesome vocals.
Have you heard "Yeh kaisi chaap kadmon ki" from Jahan Tum Le Chalo? That's to me a Vishal score that stands alongside his Maachis music and Rekha is really good in this song. I really love that album, it's one of the few romantic song albums that, thanks to Gulzar saab, doesn't hinge on the same old dil vil pyaar vaar sanam jaanam soniye mahiye rubbish lyrics that everyone else is happy to peddle. Sadly I wasn't a CD buyer when the album was released and it's not available now since the label that released it (MIlestone) went out of business. If anyone in India has this on OCD, I'd be willing to buy it from them. I only have it on tape but now I don't have a tape player
Old 01-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #30
Special Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Have you heard "Yeh kaisi chaap kadmon ki" from Jahan Tum Le Chalo? That's to me a Vishal score that stands alongside his Maachis music and Rekha is really good in this song. I really love that album, it's one of the few romantic song albums that, thanks to Gulzar saab, doesn't hinge on the same old dil vil pyaar vaar sanam jaanam soniye mahiye rubbish lyrics that everyone else is happy to peddle. Sadly I wasn't a CD buyer when the album was released and it's not available now since the label that released it (MIlestone) went out of business. If anyone in India has this on OCD, I'd be willing to buy it from them. I only have it on tape but now I don't have a tape player
Never Heard that one before Ravenus, will definitely try to look for it, thanks. I have tried searching almost everywhere, even on youtube, and cant find the song. But im sure ill find it.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #31
Special Member

Jul 2009

Revisited the soundtrack of Subhash Ghai's Saudagar:

1. Ilu Ilu - Manhar Udhas, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sukhwinder Singh
2. Imli Ka Boota (duet) - Sadhna Sargam, Mohammed Aziz
3. Imli Ka Boota (male) - Mohammed Aziz, Sudesh Bhosle
4. Mohabbat Ki Ki - Suresh Wadkar, Kavita Krishnamurthy
5. Radha Nachegi - Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammed Aziz
6. Saudagar Sauda Kar - Kavita Krishnamurthy, Manhar Udhas, Sukhwinder Singh
7. Teri Yaad Aati Hai - Lata Mangeshkar, Suresh Wadkar

Listening to this soundtrack brought back many memories, It was a childhood favourite of mine. Some of the songs i didnt like when i was younger, i do now. Laxmikant Pyarelal imo were definitely the masters, no one can come close to the percussion arrangement they composed. Saudagar is no exception. The infuse percussion in almost every song. I dont know why people fussed so much about Alka Yagnik, sure she did have some good songs in 90's but her range was no match for Kavita Krishnamurty. Kavita vocals were much finer and classy. She sang wonderfully in Saudgar. Suresh Wadkar is also definintely one of my favourites. He matched Kavita perfectly. Laxmikant Pyarelal introduced, Sukhwinder Singh (Khilaaf), Kavita Krishnamurty (Maang Bharo Sajana) and Suresh Wadkar to films.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saudagar.jpg (61.1 KB, 48 views)
Old 01-06-2013, 03:55 AM   #32

Feb 2010
USA

Mbratboy,
If you could find bludhound here or zulm. He owns the most discs he might not sell but could possibly help us
Old 01-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #33
Special Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
Mbratboy,
If you could find bludhound here or zulm. He owns the most discs he might not sell but could possibly help us
Thanks Zoran Bhai

I will definitely try
Old 01-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #34
Power Member

Jan 2010
India
India/Bollywood

Mind Blowing , One of the best Music Video ever.

HINDI VERSION

ENGLISH VERSION

watch in 1080p, Picture quality is quite good for a youtube video (Bitrate averages at around 13mbps)

Please Note - Like All AR Rahman songs this one also takes time to grow on you , it took me 2-3 hearings to finally get into this musical marvel by Rahman.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #35
Special Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyansh View Post

HINDI VERSION
Behad Pyaar (Infinite Love) - Official Hindi Version - YouTube

ENGLISH VERSION
Infinite Love - Official English Version - YouTube

watch in 1080p, Picture quality is quite good for a youtube video (Bitrate averages at around 13mbps)

Please Note - Like All AR Rahman songs this one also takes time to grow on you , it took me 2-3 hearings to finally get into this musical marvel by Rahman.
Awesome post Divyansh. I like the videos. I like the music as well. Is this part of an album, or is it a solo song?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #36
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

Quote:
Awesome post Divyansh. I like the videos. I like the music as well. Is this part of an album, or is it a solo song?
Well , AFAIK it is a single (bi-lingual) Released by AR Rahman and is not a part of any album , BTW it is available for download @flipkart and should be available in itunes as well

More Details HERE

Can Be Purchased From HERE and HERE

Last edited by divyansh; 01-07-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyansh View Post

HINDI VERSION
Behad Pyaar (Infinite Love) - Official Hindi Version - YouTube
Not my cuppa and I doubt it's going to grow on me. But WTH, the Grim Reaper hands out the Hellraiser box to a bunch of people and nobody dies? What a copout!

Last edited by ravenus; 01-07-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #38
Special Member

Jul 2009

Had a bit of a nostalgic evening, Listened to Biddu's Star (1982)

Tracks:
"Star"
Sung by Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Indivar

"Boom Boom"
Sung by Nazia Hasan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Indivar

"Jaana"
Sung by Nazia Hasan & Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Khushi"
Sung by Nazia Hasan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Ooie-Ooie"
Sung by Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Dheere Dheere"
Sung by Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Koi Nahin"
Sung by Nazia Hasan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Zindagi"
Sung by Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Muskuraye Ja"
Sung by Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Indivar & Amit Khanna

It was a run through memory lane with this one. Experiencing the holidays in the car, the normal Saturday afternoons in the late 1980's with the soundtrack of Star blasting on the cassette radio we had. Amazing. I remember these songs being played all through the late 80's on the radio. The soundtrack was super successful here.

Each song had its own mood, and carved its emotions in my heart thanks to the brother - sister duo Nazia Hassen and Zoheb Hassen. Their vocals lent a breath of fresh air to normal soundtracks that emerged in 1982. I remember my elder brother going crazy for Ooee Ooee. It still remains one of his favourite songs and he doesn't listen to bollywood at all. I listened to this soundtrack after a very long while and it brought smiles on my face. I also remember how many times we nagged my parents to hire this movie starring Kumar Gaurav and Rati Agnihotri. That time it was VHS, lol. I have yet to get the dvd of this movie. I can definitely say one thing though, the demise of Nazia Hassan is one of the saddest moments i can remember.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $T2eC16dHJHQE9nzEzr4TBQQwrZopSQ~~60_35.JPG (30.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 01-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #39

Feb 2010
Thumbs up

Quote:
Had a bit of a nostalgic evening, Listened to Biddu's Star (1982)

Tracks:
"Star"
Sung by Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Indivar

"Boom Boom"
Sung by Nazia Hasan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Indivar

"Jaana"
Sung by Nazia Hasan & Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Khushi"
Sung by Nazia Hasan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Ooie-Ooie"
Sung by Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Dheere Dheere"
Sung by Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Koi Nahin"
Sung by Nazia Hasan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Zindagi"
Sung by Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Amit Khanna

"Muskuraye Ja"
Sung by Zoheb Hassan
Music by Biddu
Lyrics by Indivar & Amit Khanna

It was a run through memory lane with this one. Experiencing the holidays in the car, the normal Saturday afternoons in the late 1980's with the soundtrack of Star blasting on the cassette radio we had. Amazing. I remember these songs being played all through the late 80's on the radio. The soundtrack was super successful here.

Each song had its own mood, and carved its emotions in my heart thanks to the brother - sister duo Nazia Hassen and Zoheb Hassen. Their vocals lent a breath of fresh air to normal soundtracks that emerged in 1982. I remember my elder brother going crazy for Ooee Ooee. It still remains one of his favourite songs and he doesn't listen to bollywood at all. I listened to this soundtrack after a very long while and it brought smiles on my face. I also remember how many times we nagged my parents to hire this movie starring Kumar Gaurav and Rati Agnihotri. That time it was VHS, lol. I have yet to get the dvd of this movie. I can definitely say one thing though, the demise of Nazia Hassan is one of the saddest moments i can remember.
You rock Bhaii
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #40
Special Member

May 2009
In my own world !

Bombay Jayashri just bagged an Oscar nomination for rendering a Tamil Song in 'Life Of Pi'. Not seen the movie or heard the song yet but if any of you did, what did you think about tht song ? Is it worth it for the Oscar buzz ?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India