COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Long Goodbye (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Coming Home (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Thieves Like Us (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$6.99
White Lightning (Blu-ray)
$18.49
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Viva Maria! (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Pocketful of Miracles (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Gator (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #1

May 2009
Default vizio m3d550kd opions

Have been researching 3d TVs I'm set on passive however I'm not sure if LG or Vision is the way to go someone in a thread mentioned this vizio model wanted to get some feed back

Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #2

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiak View Post
Have been researching 3d TVs I'm set on passive however I'm not sure if LG or Vision is the way to go someone in a thread mentioned this vizio model wanted to get some feed back

Thanks
I love my Vizio M3D550KD
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #3

Mar 2012

I would say after my long researching efforts it was a toss-up between the Vizio M3D550KD or the LG 55LM7600...

Here whatcha need to think about.

LG has a better bezel look to it, DNLA, 2D to 3D conversion, and Web Browser.

Vizio has better color (despite only having 2 point color correction the LG has 20 point), darker blacks, and a Bluetooth remote with QWERTY keyboard. Plus it was cheaper more money for Blu Rays and Speakers!!!

Now I got the Vizio cause it makes the better picture but I was also considering the LG model closely.

Last edited by PlayNice; 01-03-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #4

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiak View Post

Thanks
I have the lg tv. Their customer support are very good. I like their tv with, wifi built in, dlna. Their 3d is pretty good. Have no problem with it. I have the tv with a widfi adapter, which is sucks. But i heard the buit in wifi is a lot better. If u plan on using wifi for ur tv. Buy one that is built in.

I have no experience with vizio, but i think lg will be my pick
Old 01-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #5

Apr 2009
New Jersey

I know nothing about either tv but I would say ignore most of the "features" as they are normally used rarely (this is not always the case). Picture quality should be your first, second, and third reason for picking a TV. Dont worry about web browsers, dnla, special remotes etc. Picture quality is what is key. That being said... LG should be the better brand over Vizio
Panasonic 55" VT50
Onyko 809
Fronts: Polk 70s, Surrounds: Polk 50s, Sub:PSW505, Center: Paradigm
Optoma HD33
Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD
(360, PS3, Wii, Wii U)
Xbox One
Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

But honestly jerzdawg that might not be the case. I don't have either of these in the 3D model, but I do have the LED/LCD of these. Both my wife and I agree we like the picture quality of our bedroom Vizio to our living room LG. I think a lot of folks want to get caught up in Vizio not being a name brand, but generic doesn't mean what it used to be quality wise. Now of course saying that, members are going to chime in that Vizio is the most returned FP. I'm always at a loss when I read this and the reviews on my particular tv. I've had mine for a couple of years now and still enjoy it. For us, it was the bang for your buck set and we haven't regretted it. With the money we saved we ended up getting a soundbar and BD player for what it would have cost us for just a name brand.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #7

Apr 2009
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
But honestly jerzdawg that might not be the case. I don't have either of these in the 3D model, but I do have the LED/LCD of these. Both my wife and I agree we like the picture quality of our bedroom Vizio to our living room LG. I think a lot of folks want to get caught up in Vizio not being a name brand, but generic doesn't mean what it used to be quality wise. Now of course saying that, members are going to chime in that Vizio is the most returned FP. I'm always at a loss when I read this and the reviews on my particular tv. I've had mine for a couple of years now and still enjoy it. For us, it was the bang for your buck set and we haven't regretted it. With the money we saved we ended up getting a soundbar and BD player for what it would have cost us for just a name brand.
I'll agree that Vizio has certainly had its name dragged through the mud over the last few years. I have certainly seen an increase in quality (at Costco) but I still see a large amount of returns (at Costco). Obvisously this is not the case everywhere, my statement still holds true as far as picture quality, its the most important "feature" when buying a TV and if comparing the 2 side by side if the Vizio has a better picture... get it (I specifically added the should part to my last sentence for this very reason, I knew some Vizio owners would chime in. It was not my intention to offend anyone.
Panasonic 55" VT50
Onyko 809
Fronts: Polk 70s, Surrounds: Polk 50s, Sub:PSW505, Center: Paradigm
Optoma HD33
Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD
(360, PS3, Wii, Wii U)
Xbox One
Old 01-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #8

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdawg View Post
I'll agree that Vizio has certainly had its name dragged through the mud over the last few years. I have certainly seen an increase in quality (at Costco) but I still see a large amount of returns (at Costco). Obvisously this is not the case everywhere, my statement still holds true as far as picture quality, its the most important "feature" when buying a TV and if comparing the 2 side by side if the Vizio has a better picture... get it (I specifically added the should part to my last sentence for this very reason, I knew some Vizio owners would chime in. It was not my intention to offend anyone.
Hey now guys lol, as I mentioned above. the two models listed are both great sets, both will give you an amazing picture and great 3D however the Vizio will give you a better picture and more accurate colors. the LG will give you less blooming but at the cost of not as dark blacks. itís a hard decision to make but either way you will love your PASSIVE 3D set.
Vizio 55" 3D LED M3D550KD
Onkyo TX-NR515 - Onkyo SKS-HT870
Mac Mini 2011 2.3Ghz i5, 8 GB RAM, Running PLEX
Roku 3
Samsung BD-E5900
Xbox 360 (launch unit, pre HDMI), PS3 Slim (launch unit died), Wii (launch unit)
Harmony 700
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #9

Nov 2012
USA -> maryland
Send a message via Skype™ to RandomNinjaAtk

I have the 47" and 55" Vizio 3D Passive (newest models) and they are excellent TV's! I can't speak for the LG because I don't own one.
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Wasn't coming down on you JD, more the attitude towards Vizio on this forum. As far as returns, I always wonder if that is due to manufacturer issues or customers? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's read a review where they said WTF?!?!? I'd go with the Vizio simply because of the reasons you gave in the post just above mine. My complaint about my LG is the colors just seem washed out and I can't get a decent black off of it. I'll most likely be going Panasonic Plasma my next go round for the family room.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D TVs, Projectors and Displays