Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Smokey and the Bandit (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Rambo 1-3 Box Set (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Old 01-03-2013, 03:51 AM   #17701
DerrellB DerrellB is offline
Power Member
 
DerrellB's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
41
3
Default

I am a new emo owner. Just received my xpr5. My xpr2 ships on the 10th. I have a mini review in my galley thread. Emo definitely competes with the higher end brands IMO. This is coming from a guy that has Bryston and classe amps sitting in the house as we speak.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357188548.002242.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357188558.709676.jpg
Speakers - Monitor Audio GX300 - GX350C - GXFX
Subwoofers - Dual Definitive Technology Trinity Subwoofers
Amps - Bryston 4bsst2 2 channal - Brystom 5bst 3 channel
Pre/Pros - Denon 4311 - Cambridge Audio 840E Preamp
Sources - PS3 - Maranta NA7004 - Denon 1713
Power and Protection - 2 Panamax 5400 PM
Cabling - Audioquest Rocket 33 biwire - Diamondbacks - Forest - SubX - NRGX3 - Evergreen Optilink
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #17702
Intamin Intamin is offline
Power Member
 
Intamin's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
Indianapolis
24
310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellB View Post
I am a new emo owner. Just received my xpr5. My xpr2 ships on the 10th. I have a mini review in my galley thread. Emo definitely competes with the higher end brands IMO. This is coming from a guy that has Bryston and classe amps sitting in the house as we speak.

Attachment 57195
Attachment 57196
Looks good!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #17703
B.Hulk B.Hulk is offline
Special Member
 
B.Hulk's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
"Empire" State
19
144
2
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intamin View Post
Great minds think alike!

New pics







Nice!
I can't wait to see the third XPR in there...
Emotiva UMC-1 (Pre/Pro) - Emotiva UPA-1 x3 UPA-2 (Power Amplifiers) - OPPO BDP-103 (Blu-ray Player)
Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v.5 (Floor Standing Speakers) - Paradigm Reference Studio CC-690 v.5 (Center Speaker) - Paradigm Reference Studio ADP-590 (Surround Speakers)
Seaton Subnersive HP (Subwoofer) - Panasonic PT-AE2000U (Projector) - Elite Screens (106" Fixed Frame)
Belkin PureAV PF60 - Harmony 1100 (remote)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #17704
B.Hulk B.Hulk is offline
Special Member
 
B.Hulk's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
"Empire" State
19
144
2
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellB View Post
I am a new emo owner. Just received my xpr5. My xpr2 ships on the 10th. I have a mini review in my galley thread. Emo definitely competes with the higher end brands IMO. This is coming from a guy that has Bryston and classe amps sitting in the house as we speak.

Attachment 57195
Attachment 57196
That is really pretty D, Congrats!
Emotiva UMC-1 (Pre/Pro) - Emotiva UPA-1 x3 UPA-2 (Power Amplifiers) - OPPO BDP-103 (Blu-ray Player)
Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v.5 (Floor Standing Speakers) - Paradigm Reference Studio CC-690 v.5 (Center Speaker) - Paradigm Reference Studio ADP-590 (Surround Speakers)
Seaton Subnersive HP (Subwoofer) - Panasonic PT-AE2000U (Projector) - Elite Screens (106" Fixed Frame)
Belkin PureAV PF60 - Harmony 1100 (remote)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #17705
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA
254
794
34
202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Hulk View Post
That is really pretty D, Congrats!
Happy New Year BHulk! how's tricks in the Big Apple!?! You & Frank Chillin!
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim & XBOX 360 Elite, Wii, iPhone5 64gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 & 83 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, SB-Touch, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XPA-5, UPA-200, UPA-2 & mini-x Amps, XDA-1DAC, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12 Polk Audio SDA-2 speakers
NY GIANTS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #17706
B.Hulk B.Hulk is offline
Special Member
 
B.Hulk's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
"Empire" State
19
144
2
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
Happy New Year BHulk! how's tricks in the Big Apple!?! You & Frank Chillin!
Why do you keep asking me about Frank! He means nothing to me.

BTW things are great here in the Big Apple and Happy New Year to you aswell.
Emotiva UMC-1 (Pre/Pro) - Emotiva UPA-1 x3 UPA-2 (Power Amplifiers) - OPPO BDP-103 (Blu-ray Player)
Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v.5 (Floor Standing Speakers) - Paradigm Reference Studio CC-690 v.5 (Center Speaker) - Paradigm Reference Studio ADP-590 (Surround Speakers)
Seaton Subnersive HP (Subwoofer) - Panasonic PT-AE2000U (Projector) - Elite Screens (106" Fixed Frame)
Belkin PureAV PF60 - Harmony 1100 (remote)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #17707
B.Hulk B.Hulk is offline
Special Member
 
B.Hulk's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
"Empire" State
19
144
2
27
Default

Question!
Has anyone gone from a UPA-1 setup to XPR-5. If yes! Has there been any significant change or improvement in sound quality?
Emotiva UMC-1 (Pre/Pro) - Emotiva UPA-1 x3 UPA-2 (Power Amplifiers) - OPPO BDP-103 (Blu-ray Player)
Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v.5 (Floor Standing Speakers) - Paradigm Reference Studio CC-690 v.5 (Center Speaker) - Paradigm Reference Studio ADP-590 (Surround Speakers)
Seaton Subnersive HP (Subwoofer) - Panasonic PT-AE2000U (Projector) - Elite Screens (106" Fixed Frame)
Belkin PureAV PF60 - Harmony 1100 (remote)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #17708
ZIPPO ZIPPO is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
ZIPPO's Avatar
 
May 2008
Columbus, Ohio
148
472
3
3
Default UMC-200 Reviews

"You either love the brand or you hate it. Those that love Emotiva and the products the company makes are willing to defend their honor in ways that would make an Apple fanboy blush, whereas those who abhor Emotiva simply dismiss the products as cheap Chinese-manufactured junk. In truth, these two extremes are both minorities, as there are scores of Emotiva customers (like any other brand) who simply enjoy what they have and don't really fuss too much one way or the other."
review1: http://hometheaterreview.com/emotiva...eamp-reviewed/



image.jpg
Packaged like an Oppo product!
review2: http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/p...-a-v-processor



I consider myself in the last described group, just simply enjoying it for what it is, but I also like to cheer for the underdog.
LIVING ROOM: Panasonic TC-P65V10, SONY BDP-S5000ES, SONY STR-DA5300ES, Emotiva XPA-5, Def Tech(BP2006 x 2, C/L/R2300, BP2X x 2, BP1.2X x 2)
BEDROOM: SONY KDL-52XBR5, OPPO BDP-103, Pioneer Elite SC-63, Energy(RC-LCR x 3), Paradigm(ADP-190 x 2), SVS PC12-PLUS



"What is dead may never die..."

Last edited by ZIPPO; 01-03-2013 at 07:36 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #17709
Esox50 Esox50 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jan 2007
193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Hulk View Post
Question!
Has anyone gone from a UPA-1 setup to XPR-5. If yes! Has there been any significant change or improvement in sound quality?
Yes, here's the relevent PM excerpt of what I sent to someone else who asked me privately the same question:

"In June I hooked up my old amps after selling my 5 UPA-1s. The Chiro C200 and C300 were my longstanding workhorses from 1997-2010. I really couldnt believe how much of a step back it was to the Chiros from the UPA-1s. I was in agony. I emailed Emotiva and asked when the XPR-1 and 2 were coming (cause my plan was 3 x XPR-1 and 1 x XPR-2). They said the XPR-2 would most likely hit before year end, but that the XPR-1s would not be out until 1Q13. That didn't sound too good to me...I couldn't wait any longer. I decided after seeing some peoples thoughts on the XPR-5 that during the next sale I was going to get an XPR-5 (and then just wait for the XPR-1s, whenever they came). So when Emo did the "Share the Love" 10% coupon in September, I ordered an XPR-5 that night the sale started and had it hooked up 3 days later.

What a revelation! The XPR-5 is all around better than the UPA-1s and XPA-5. In some areas it's "really close", in other areas the XPR is so much better its not even a fair comparison. If I had to pick three things where the XPR is much better:

1.)the top end is much sweeter and not at all electronic sounding like the UPA-1s and XPA-5

2.)it throws a larger and much more "rock solid" soundstage, and this is no matter where the volume knob is. I don't know how to explain this one. Sound just seems to "bloom" out beyond the "boundaries of the speakers". As part of this, things are so much more realistic sounding and convincing. I sometimes have to mute my system because something sounds so real I think it's something crashing or falling in the house. Its so organic.

3.)the liquidity/speed and transients on this amp are amazing. I think this has to do with the control the amp has on the driver and the power in reserve from the capacitance. As I posted on the forum, this amp comes roaring up and "sneaks up on ya" when needed. It just sounds so dynamic, and can smack you in the face out of nowhere. It is a characteristic I've only experienced with the "best of the best" high powered amps from other companies...until now. "Edges" of the sounds are so crisp, dynamic, and transparent/distinct."

Last edited by Esox50; 01-03-2013 at 05:01 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #17710
B.Hulk B.Hulk is offline
Special Member
 
B.Hulk's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
"Empire" State
19
144
2
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 View Post
Yes, here's the relevent PM excerpt of what I sent to someone else who asked me privately the same question:

"In June I hooked up my old amps after selling my 5 UPA-1s. The Chiro C200 and C300 were my longstanding workhorses from 1997-2010. I really couldnt believe how much of a step back it was to the Chiros from the UPA-1s. I was in agony. I emailed Emotiva and asked when the XPR-1 and 2 were coming (cause my plan was 3 x XPR-1 and 1 x XPR-2). They said the XPR-2 would most likely hit before year end, but that the XPR-1s would not be out until 1Q13. That didn't sound too good to me...I couldn't wait any longer. I decided after seeing some peoples thoughts on the XPR-5 that during the next sale I was going to get an XPR-5 (and then just wait for the XPR-1s, whenever they came). So when Emo did the "Share the Love" 10% coupon in September, I ordered an XPR-5 that night the sale started and had it hooked up 3 days later.

What a revelation! The XPR-5 is all around better than the UPA-1s and XPA-5. In some areas it's "really close", in other areas the XPR is so much better its not even a fair comparison. If I had to pick three things where the XPR is much better:

1.)the top end is much sweeter and not at all electronic sounding like the UPA-1s and XPA-5

2.)it throws a larger and much more "rock solid" soundstage, and this is no matter where the volume knob is. I don't know how to explain this one. Sound just seems to "bloom" out beyond the "boundaries of the speakers". As part of this, things are so much more realistic sounding and convincing. I sometimes have to mute my system because something sounds so real I think it's something crashing or falling in the house. Its so organic.

3.)the liquidity/speed and transients on this amp are amazing. I think this has to do with the control the amp has on the driver and the power in reserve from the capacitance. As I posted on the forum, this amp comes roaring up and "sneaks up on ya" when needed. It just sounds so dynamic, and can smack you in the face out of nowhere. It is a characteristic I've only experienced with the "best of the best" high powered amps from other companies...until now. "Edges" of the sounds are so crisp, dynamic, and transparent/distinct."

That's a great write up

My biggest concern is whether or not the XPR-5 will have enough reserve to push the Digm's. My normal listening level is a bit louder than most. I also have the towers & center set to 65hz and the rears set to 80hz.

Will it hold up?
Emotiva UMC-1 (Pre/Pro) - Emotiva UPA-1 x3 UPA-2 (Power Amplifiers) - OPPO BDP-103 (Blu-ray Player)
Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v.5 (Floor Standing Speakers) - Paradigm Reference Studio CC-690 v.5 (Center Speaker) - Paradigm Reference Studio ADP-590 (Surround Speakers)
Seaton Subnersive HP (Subwoofer) - Panasonic PT-AE2000U (Projector) - Elite Screens (106" Fixed Frame)
Belkin PureAV PF60 - Harmony 1100 (remote)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #17711
dobyblue dobyblue is offline
Super Moderator
 
dobyblue's Avatar
 
Jul 2006
Gilead
31
476
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 View Post
Yes, here's the relevent PM excerpt of what I sent to someone else who asked me privately the same question
Awesome read, thanks buddy.
This is in my want list.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #17712
aces high aces high is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jan 2010
381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Hulk View Post
That's a great write up

My biggest concern is whether or not the XPR-5 will have enough reserve to push the Digm's. My normal listening level is a bit louder than most. I also have the towers & center set to 65hz and the rears set to 80hz.

Will it hold up?
Hey B,

Those XPR's are starting to give you that upgrade itch aren't they? Me too.

Yes it should hold up just fine. Like you I like to push the volume and the XPA-1's handle any I can throw at them with any Digm's/Dyn's I've had, using a 60hz x-over for the Digms and 50hz for the Dyn Contour 5.4's. I've only seen the clip lights flash a couple of times, that was with the Dyn C1's and I was really pushing hard. I don't imagine that the XPR-5 would be any different.

Darrell should be able to give you a good idea of the performance you'll see as his Monitor Audio GX 300's should present a very similar load on the amp as your Studio 100's.

I usually listen in the -10 range.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #17713
Esox50 Esox50 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jan 2007
193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Hulk View Post
That's a great write up

My biggest concern is whether or not the XPR-5 will have enough reserve to push the Digm's. My normal listening level is a bit louder than most. I also have the towers & center set to 65hz and the rears set to 80hz.

Will it hold up?
I don't really know much about those speakers, so I cannot say. I can tell you this:
* at above reference level for certain passages of The Dark Knight Rises, I had to back down the sound because I thought the house was going to come down around me. I am running Revel F12s & C12 (I believe the F12s ar 6ohms nominal & either 89 or 90db sensitivty), with two JL F112s on the subs. The meters on the amp shot up about 2/3rds of the way, but the amp absolutely made it through. The only way I can put it is "It was f**k'n crazy."

* one person over at the Emo Lounge posted that he did clip his XPR-5 during that same part of The Dark Knight Rises, but hes running the gigantic Sonus Faber Homage Stradivari. And I think he said he's really pushing the amp.

* I have never felt the amp was straining or about to run out of juice. I do have 2 XPR-1s, but that is not a "judgement" of the XPR-5. I am willing to pay for marginal improvement, which I expect out of the fully balanced design of the XPR-1s, AND I've always wanted massive monoblocks since the late 90s. Emo has helped me achieve that dream.

Besides, if the XPR-5 runs out of power, youll just have to get XPR-1s and 2s.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #17714
Esox50 Esox50 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jan 2007
193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Awesome read, thanks buddy.
This is in my want list.
Hey man, long time no talk. How u been?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #17715
B.Hulk B.Hulk is offline
Special Member
 
B.Hulk's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
"Empire" State
19
144
2
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 View Post
I don't really know much about those speakers, so I cannot say. I can tell you this:
* at above reference level for certain passages of The Dark Knight Rises, I had to back down the sound because I thought the house was going to come down around me. I am running Revel F12s & C12 (I believe the F12s ar 6ohms nominal & either 89 or 90db sensitivty), with two JL F112s on the subs. The meters on the amp shot up about 2/3rds of the way, but the amp absolutely made it through. The only way I can put it is "It was f**k'n crazy."

* one person over at the Emo Lounge posted that he did clip his XPR-5 during that same part of The Dark Knight Rises, but hes running the gigantic Sonus Faber Homage Stradivari. And I think he said he's really pushing the amp.

* I have never felt the amp was straining or about to run out of juice. I do have 2 XPR-1s, but that is not a "judgement" of the XPR-5. I am willing to pay for marginal improvement, which I expect out of the fully balanced design of the XPR-1s, AND I've always wanted massive monoblocks since the late 90s. Emo has helped me achieve that dream.

Besides, if the XPR-5 runs out of power, youll just have to get XPR-1s and 2s.
You've got some realy nice gear man! I too have always wanted monoblock amps and could never afford them, then came across the Emotiva website and saw the UPA-1's. I had five of them at one point but then realized three would be just fine for the front stage and a two channel amp for the rears was good enough.

As much as I would love to go with 3 XPR-1's up front and a XPR-2 for the rears I just can't afford to do it, atleast not yet that is!

I called Emo today for quote and A-stock which is currently out of stock is $1699.00 and B-stock which is in stock is only $20 cheaper. Should've gotten one at EmoFest when they were a bit cheaper

This sale is over on the 15th, if I can't make my move by then I'll just have to play the waiting game. Which I don't mind doing because I don't feel like I'm missing anything with my UPA-1's.
Emotiva UMC-1 (Pre/Pro) - Emotiva UPA-1 x3 UPA-2 (Power Amplifiers) - OPPO BDP-103 (Blu-ray Player)
Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v.5 (Floor Standing Speakers) - Paradigm Reference Studio CC-690 v.5 (Center Speaker) - Paradigm Reference Studio ADP-590 (Surround Speakers)
Seaton Subnersive HP (Subwoofer) - Panasonic PT-AE2000U (Projector) - Elite Screens (106" Fixed Frame)
Belkin PureAV PF60 - Harmony 1100 (remote)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #17716
B.Hulk B.Hulk is offline
Special Member
 
B.Hulk's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
"Empire" State
19
144
2
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
Hey B,

Those XPR's are starting to give you that upgrade itch aren't they? Me too.

Yes it should hold up just fine. Like you I like to push the volume and the XPA-1's handle any I can throw at them with any Digm's/Dyn's I've had, using a 60hz x-over for the Digms and 50hz for the Dyn Contour 5.4's. I've only seen the clip lights flash a couple of times, that was with the Dyn C1's and I was really pushing hard. I don't imagine that the XPR-5 would be any different.

Darrell should be able to give you a good idea of the performance you'll see as his Monitor Audio GX 300's should present a very similar load on the amp as your Studio 100's.

I usually listen in the -10 range.
They sure are!

Normally I'd be obsessed with getting a second sub, but I'm good with the one JL for "for now"
But we'll see which peace will win the battle

Man! This never ends...
Emotiva UMC-1 (Pre/Pro) - Emotiva UPA-1 x3 UPA-2 (Power Amplifiers) - OPPO BDP-103 (Blu-ray Player)
Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v.5 (Floor Standing Speakers) - Paradigm Reference Studio CC-690 v.5 (Center Speaker) - Paradigm Reference Studio ADP-590 (Surround Speakers)
Seaton Subnersive HP (Subwoofer) - Panasonic PT-AE2000U (Projector) - Elite Screens (106" Fixed Frame)
Belkin PureAV PF60 - Harmony 1100 (remote)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #17717
Magicmonger Magicmonger is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Magicmonger's Avatar
 
May 2010
O H I O Steelbooks™: 16
66
325
6
2
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellB View Post
I am a new emo owner. Just received my xpr5. My xpr2 ships on the 10th. I have a mini review in my galley thread. Emo definitely competes with the higher end brands IMO. This is coming from a guy that has Bryston and classe amps sitting in the house as we speak.

Attachment 57195
Attachment 57196
Looks beautiful man...
Display Samsung LN52A650 / Remote Logitech Harmony One
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010 / HTPC nMediaPC 2000 (3TB)
Media DirecTV HR-22 / Oppo BDP-103 / Oppo DV-983H
Front Mirage OMD-28 / Center Mirage OMD-C2 / Surround Mirage OMD-5
Subwoofer Power Sound Audio XV15 (BASH) / Power Monster SS 5100 MKII
Cable AudioQuest Carbon Chocolate Cinnamon Forest Vodka / Emotiva X-Series
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #17718
Magicmonger Magicmonger is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Magicmonger's Avatar
 
May 2010
O H I O Steelbooks™: 16
66
325
6
2
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intamin View Post
Great minds think alike!

New pics







Beautiful, ABSOLUTELY, Beautiful. Congrats...
Display Samsung LN52A650 / Remote Logitech Harmony One
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010 / HTPC nMediaPC 2000 (3TB)
Media DirecTV HR-22 / Oppo BDP-103 / Oppo DV-983H
Front Mirage OMD-28 / Center Mirage OMD-C2 / Surround Mirage OMD-5
Subwoofer Power Sound Audio XV15 (BASH) / Power Monster SS 5100 MKII
Cable AudioQuest Carbon Chocolate Cinnamon Forest Vodka / Emotiva X-Series
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #17719
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA
254
794
34
202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Hulk View Post
That's a great write up

My biggest concern is whether or not the XPR-5 will have enough reserve to push the Digm's. My normal listening level is a bit louder than most. I also have the towers & center set to 65hz and the rears set to 80hz.

Will it hold up?
i would hope so big guy. i run my front 3 Axioms at 60hz they are 3 way multi driver towers not unlike yours. the Axioms are 4 ohm speakers and while i probably don't listen at the volume levels you do, my XPA-5 has almost never broken a sweat. with the XPR-5 having even more power @ 4 ohms & 8 ohms than the XPA-5 does, i would expect no less from and would be sure it could give much more.

i think your Digm's will rock just fine with the XPR-5! of course, that's just my opinion.
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim & XBOX 360 Elite, Wii, iPhone5 64gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 & 83 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, SB-Touch, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XPA-5, UPA-200, UPA-2 & mini-x Amps, XDA-1DAC, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12 Polk Audio SDA-2 speakers
NY GIANTS!

Last edited by solarrdadd; 01-03-2013 at 11:26 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #17720
Magicmonger Magicmonger is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Magicmonger's Avatar
 
May 2010
O H I O Steelbooks™: 16
66
325
6
2
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 View Post
Yes, here's the relevent PM excerpt of what I sent to someone else who asked me privately the same question:

"In June I hooked up my old amps after selling my 5 UPA-1s. The Chiro C200 and C300 were my longstanding workhorses from 1997-2010. I really couldnt believe how much of a step back it was to the Chiros from the UPA-1s. I was in agony. I emailed Emotiva and asked when the XPR-1 and 2 were coming (cause my plan was 3 x XPR-1 and 1 x XPR-2). They said the XPR-2 would most likely hit before year end, but that the XPR-1s would not be out until 1Q13. That didn't sound too good to me...I couldn't wait any longer. I decided after seeing some peoples thoughts on the XPR-5 that during the next sale I was going to get an XPR-5 (and then just wait for the XPR-1s, whenever they came). So when Emo did the "Share the Love" 10% coupon in September, I ordered an XPR-5 that night the sale started and had it hooked up 3 days later.

What a revelation! The XPR-5 is all around better than the UPA-1s and XPA-5. In some areas it's "really close", in other areas the XPR is so much better its not even a fair comparison. If I had to pick three things where the XPR is much better:

1.)the top end is much sweeter and not at all electronic sounding like the UPA-1s and XPA-5

2.)it throws a larger and much more "rock solid" soundstage, and this is no matter where the volume knob is. I don't know how to explain this one. Sound just seems to "bloom" out beyond the "boundaries of the speakers". As part of this, things are so much more realistic sounding and convincing. I sometimes have to mute my system because something sounds so real I think it's something crashing or falling in the house. Its so organic.

3.)the liquidity/speed and transients on this amp are amazing. I think this has to do with the control the amp has on the driver and the power in reserve from the capacitance. As I posted on the forum, this amp comes roaring up and "sneaks up on ya" when needed. It just sounds so dynamic, and can smack you in the face out of nowhere. It is a characteristic I've only experienced with the "best of the best" high powered amps from other companies...until now. "Edges" of the sounds are so crisp, dynamic, and transparent/distinct."
Fantastic write up on the Emotiva XPR-5.
Display Samsung LN52A650 / Remote Logitech Harmony One
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010 / HTPC nMediaPC 2000 (3TB)
Media DirecTV HR-22 / Oppo BDP-103 / Oppo DV-983H
Front Mirage OMD-28 / Center Mirage OMD-C2 / Surround Mirage OMD-5
Subwoofer Power Sound Audio XV15 (BASH) / Power Monster SS 5100 MKII
Cable AudioQuest Carbon Chocolate Cinnamon Forest Vodka / Emotiva X-Series
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official B&W Speakers Thread Speakers allstar780 1904 04-15-2014 07:01 PM
The Official Emotiva Audio Speakers Thread Speakers tootall82103 5 05-06-2013 04:28 PM
OFFICIAL: MADONNA: Sticky & Sweet BD Thread Blu-ray Movies - North America CCTM2000 37 06-21-2010 06:09 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:33 PM.