COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
South Park: The Complete Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
The Inspector Lavardin Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Dexter: The Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Queen Margot (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Drive Hard (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television > UK TV Shows

Old 01-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England
Arrow Utopia (Insane New Sci-Fi Drama starting Jan 15th)

It seems like one of those ones that could go either way, with good names behind it but not good enough to say they wouldn't pick up crap. And an idea that is either really really goddamn good or really messy.

Either way I'll be checking it out, but I'm not quite sold yet.
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: The Guest. Before I Go To Sleep. The Boxtrolls. A Most Wanted Man. The Equaliser. Gone Girl. Fury. Men, Women and Children. Nightcrawler. Interstellar. The Drop. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. The Rover. Godzilla. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.

Last edited by Foggy; 01-05-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

No one interested in this?
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: The Guest. Before I Go To Sleep. The Boxtrolls. A Most Wanted Man. The Equaliser. Gone Girl. Fury. Men, Women and Children. Nightcrawler. Interstellar. The Drop. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. The Rover. Godzilla. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
England

I'm not sure I fancy it tbh, I'll sky+ it and give it a chance mind

PSN: Goofy_Wookie
Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-

That was weird! Very graphic in places! Not sure if I enjoyed it or not. Was like a live action Neil gaImen story.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadelf View Post
That was weird! Very graphic in places! Not sure if I enjoyed it or not. Was like a live action Neil gaImen story.
Yeah pretty much this. Wasn't too bad (actually quite good) but at the moment it's simply quirky geeks in a conspiracy theory chased by shady corporation plot, and it ended with less of a bang and more of a promise that it'll thicken more next week.

I think the show has some seriously crazy aces up it's sleeves and it's characters are holding lots of secrets that they're not letting on. I'll hold on until it hits full speed but if it doesn't thicken and begin to boggle my mind (it really just felt like it's began scratching the suface) then I doubt I'll stay on past episode 3.

But I'd be damned if that wasn't gorgeously shot though, the over exposed sour colours really gave the show a great look. It was also strange seeing both main actors from Kill List on screen for a brief bit of time.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Yeah pretty much this. Wasn't too bad (actually quite good) but at the moment it's simply quirky geeks in a conspiracy theory chased by shady corporation plot, and it ended with less of a bang and more of a promise that it'll thicken more next week.

I think the show has some seriously crazy aces up it's sleeves and it's characters are holding lots of secrets that they're not letting on. I'll hold on until it hits full speed but if it doesn't thicken and begin to boggle my mind (it really just felt like it's began scratching the suface) then I doubt I'll stay on past episode 3.

But I'd be damned if that wasn't gorgeously shot though, the over exposed sour colours really gave the show a great look. It was also strange seeing both main actors from Kill List on screen for a brief bit of time.
agreed

this will also look good on blu...not that ill buy it if its a stinker.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
Power Member

Mar 2009

A promising start even if the hitmen seemed suspiciously close to Croup and Vandemar from Neverwhere. I don't like the use of 2.35:1 for drama series and the subtitles during the internet sequence were nearly unreadable but its got a very good cast. The torture scene didn't bother me as it was so OTT, it would have been far more effective if it had cut away after the ingredients had been listed. I'll stick with it but with the full expectation of being disappointed after The Fear and Secret State
"There's nothing wrong with Britain that impaling the Prime Minister wouldn't cure"
Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRats View Post
A promising start even if the hitmen seemed suspiciously close to Croup and Vandemar from Neverwhere. I don't like the use of 2.35:1 for drama series and the subtitles during the internet sequence were nearly unreadable but its got a very good cast. The torture scene didn't bother me as it was so OTT, it would have been far more effective if it had cut away after the ingredients had been listed. I'll stick with it but with the full expectation of being disappointed after The Fear and Secret State
yes thats exactly why I thought it felt like gaimen! neverwhere came to mind straight away when I was watching it. I loved that series.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #9
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

Definitely beginning to pick up a bit now, riveting stuff
Old 01-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #10

Jul 2012

Interesting show. The Department Of Health guy should really do what he's told though. He's gonna get killed going against something so big that he doesn't understand at all. Or just get his wife, friends, and family killed in the process.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

On the fence about the
[Show spoiler]school massacre
scene at the start of last night episode. Granted it was shot and filmed way before the massacre in December and I've got to give it to channel 4 for showing it uncut (plus it was a well made scene). But it did feel like shock for shock sake, the eye gouging scene was necessary as it was a memorable scene to get people talking, but the
[Show spoiler]school massacre
was just a case of too late into the series to have that sort of purpose.

The rest of the episode was strong although I'm hoping for it to begin kicking into top gear by now, I do like it's slow pacing but we're three episodes in out of six and we still haven't gotten around to finding out what's in the manuscript, I hope the show isn't banking on a second series from the sounds of things, it's struggling and we might be left without answers.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #12
Power Member

Mar 2009

Going along quite nicely, I think. I liked the yellow bag accidentally contorted into a smiley face (a reference to the badge worn by The Comedian in Watchmen?). I like the medium and long distance static shots used outdoors, I think to reference comic frames, though I'd just watched Jonathan Meades' Joy Of Essex so they also reminded me of that. Its a very strong performance from Neil Maskell whose facial immobility and stillness builds tension, I particularly like his walk. I just hope they don't screw up the ending with a cliffhanger that'll only be completed if there's another series.
"There's nothing wrong with Britain that impaling the Prime Minister wouldn't cure"
Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

Well know that that's all over. I quite enjoyed the last six weeks of this, it's been quite interesting, visually stunning and a rather good ending, I just wished this was a proper end and not a cliffhanger for series 2.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #14
Power Member

Mar 2009

I didn't think it was a cliffhanger, the major plot threads were sufficiently tied with just enough loose ones to justify a second series if made. But if this is it, I'm happy and I'm buying the blu ray.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
LV-223

Gotta say, just finished it, Love this show!

Here's hoping for a second series.
"The sheep think they are wolves, but the wolves know better..."
Old 02-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
NYC

thread title duped me in to thinking this was sci-fi
it was about as sci-fi as bourne legacy...

anyways it was above average
if I have the time I'll watch S2

Last edited by Tony208; 02-23-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
thread title duped me in to thinking this was sci-fi
it was about as sci-fi as bourne legacy...

anyways it was above average
if I have the time I'll watch S2
Well sorry, all the information I had was that it was about a comic book that predicted the future. Of course the first assumption was to say it was sci-fi based.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #18

Dec 2012

Has the second series of this aired? I imported the blu and loved the first.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #19
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Seymour Love View Post
Has the second series of this aired? I imported the blu and loved the first.
The second one is coming out on Blu-ray in July, so I'm guessing it is at the very least about to air.
Last Watched: Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Episodes 3 & 4) | Iron Man 3
Last Bought: Sons of Anarchy: Season Six | The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 05-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #20

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
The second one is coming out on Blu-ray in July, so I'm guessing it is at the very least about to air.
I was wondering as several recent posts on imdb suggest that it hasn't aired yet as of a month ago. Ugh, I bet the bd will be pushed back.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television > UK TV Shows