Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Rapt (Blu-ray)
$22.19
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$5.29
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #21
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelsalguero View Post
after the Oscar nominee for "Best Picture" the price its $24.99
The price went up to $24.99 on December 30th..
Old 01-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #22
Special Member

Feb 2012
Canada

I've still yet to rewatch this since I saw it in the theater this summer, but I did watch the short included in the special features. I've got to say, I found it very underwhelming compared to the film itself. Also, the similarities in content have me a little worried as to what Benh Zeitlin might be able to offer in the future.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #23
Special Member

Aug 2011

I saw this on a plane a few months ago and picked up the blu when it was 14.99 at Amazon. I had heard good things about the film and that's why I caught it on the plane, but I really wish I had waited. It's extraordinary on blu on a regular sized television.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

I'm embarrassed to admit when I first saw the slipcover for this movie recently I just assumed it was some foreign anime movie I never heard of!

So after all of the praise I've seen this movie get recently I finally just watched the trailer, and man this couldn't be FURTHER from what I thought it was!!!

Unfortunately it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest (not a fan of documentary type/artsy films).
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 01-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #25
Special Member

Feb 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit when I first saw the slipcover for this movie recently I just assumed it was some foreign anime movie I never heard of!

So after all of the praise I've seen this movie get recently I finally just watched the trailer, and man this couldn't be FURTHER from what I thought it was!!!

Unfortunately it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest (not a fan of documentary type/artsy films).
Don't understand what you are trying to imply with the "documentary type" comparison. Nothing like that in the slightest.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:34 AM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_260 View Post
Don't understand what you are trying to imply with the "documentary type" comparison. Nothing like that in the slightest.
Basically I was being kind, how about boring indie film. Is that better?
[Show spoiler]
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 01-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #27
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
how about boring indie film. Is that better?
[Show spoiler]
how about "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about and shouldn't even be in this thread right now". Yeah that's better.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #28

Sep 2012
Heaven (a.k.a. Hell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
how about "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about and shouldn't even be in this thread right now". Yeah that's better.
Personally, I loved the film (to Mifinefan). I hope little Hushpuppy (I can't pronounce her name) wins best Actress. But I think everyone's intitled to there opinion even if it's wrong. Just kidding!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
San Jose, CA

I bought this film based on all the wonderful reviews it was recieving. While it was a good heart felt film and had moments here and there overall I would have been contempt with a one time rental. I traded this film in after two viewings. It just wasn't as strong of a film as I had expected it to be.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #30
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Oregon

Quote:
Basically I was being kind, how about boring indie film. Is that better?
[Show spoiler]
You've definitely got the wrong impression of this film.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #31
Banned

Aug 2011

Just got done watching this. I enjoyed it. Quvenzhané Wallis did a great job. I was in tears at the ending. I just can't picture myself watching this a lot though if I do buy it. Maybe I'll purchase it when it's below $10.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #32
Expert Member

Mar 2010

I saw this in theaters and had mixed feelings about it. I wanted to like it, but was a little bored. And the shaky cam was making me a bit dizzy. That being said, I did want to give it another shot at home so I picked up the Blu. For a new release, the price is suprisingly low. Add to that the great PQ/AQ score and I think the purchase is justified.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #33
Special Member

Jan 2013

Just finished watching it for the first time. I had no idea how depressing it was going to be. The ending was a bit cheerful, but I think I'll be selling/trading this because I just don't see myself watching it again. Very sad, to me at least.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #34
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

This was a really special film. I was so engrossed and mystified by the whole experience. It was quite emotional at times too. It's safe to say I've never seen anything quite like it. Quvenzhané Wallis was amazing in this, she made the picture. Dwight Henry, who plays her dad, was also great. I feel like he should have gotten more recognition for the role too.

Last edited by MifuneFan; 02-21-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:59 AM   #35

Jun 2011
Los Angeles, CA

I'm waiting for the price to drop around $10 on this. I really enjoyed it, but I cannot see too much replay value in it.
Favorite Movie: The Shawshank Redemption
Best of 2013 (so far): 12 Years a Slave
Best of 2012: Django Unchained
Best of 2011: Drive
Best of 2010: The Social Network and Inception
My Trade Thread

I have an official review site that I'd love for you to visit: Best Picture Movie Reviews
Old 03-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
WI

Quote:
This was a really special film. I was so engrossed and mystified by the whole experience. It was quite emotional at times too. It's safe to say I've never seen anything quite like it. Quvenzhané Wallis was amazing in this, she made the picture. Dwight Henry, who plays her dad, was also great. I feel like he should have gotten more recognition for the role too.
Yeah, this was my favorite film of 2012, such a powerful film on so many different levels.

I really wish that Dwight Henry was nominated for best supporting actor, he was so amazing and he had some perfect scenes with Wallis.

If I could pick the best-picture for the Oscars, I would pick this one. The best and most well made film (as an art form) was Beasts of the Southern Wild IMO.
My Top 20 Films of all time!
1. Taxi Driver 2. Eyes Wide Shut 3. Jurassic Park 4. Boogie Nights 5. Boyhood 6. Apocalypse Now 7. Psycho (1960) 8. There Will Be Blood 9. The Godfather Part II 10. Brazil 11. The Godfather 12. Zodiac 13. Blade Runner 14. Thief 15. Halloween (1978) 16. The Silence of The Lambs 17. It's Such a Beautiful Day 18. Drive 19. Gremlins 20. The Tree of Life
Old 03-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #37
Special Member

Sep 2011
Illinois

Is this worth a blind buy? I heard great things about the film (including the Best Picture Oscar nom), but i have also heard is has ZERO re-watch value. Opinions?
"Funny how sometimes you just find things" - How I Met Your Mother [2005 - 2014]

Favorites Of 2014: Gone Girl, Boyhood, Life Itself, Coherence, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, Enemy, Under The Skin, Jersey Boys, Finding Vivian Maier, and Begin Again
Old 03-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #38
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowiko96 View Post
Is this worth a blind buy? I heard great things about the film (including the Best Picture Oscar nom), but i have also heard is has ZERO re-watch value. Opinions?
I think it has replay value, but I can definitely say that it's probably not for everyone. It's tough to recommend it as a blind-buy so I'd suggest renting it first. It's a great movie in my opinion, quite a unique experience.. I think of all the Oscar nominated movies I've seen this year, this one might be the one that stands out years later.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:56 AM   #39
Special Member

Feb 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowiko96 View Post
Judging by your collection, I don't know if it would be a safe blind buy for you. If you've seen and enjoyed any Malick films, or David Gordon Green's George Washington, this is along the same lines.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:00 AM   #40
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
I think it has replay value, but I can definitely say that it's probably not for everyone. It's tough to recommend it as a blind-buy so I'd suggest renting it first. It's a great movie in my opinion, quite a unique experience.. I think of all the Oscar nominated movies I've seen this year, this one might be the one that stands out years later.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, loving your avatar.
Most films that I find good I don't want to experience again.

-iScottie
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America