COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.96
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Dragonwolf (Blu-ray)
$18.20
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.92
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #1161

Jun 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintx View Post
I didn't have any submissions pending, but when I just submitted one, it now says I have 58 pending. I should note, this is the third time I've submitted this particular title.
When you submit a new record, I'm pretty sure the system counts every field in that record as a separate submission.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #1162

Aug 2009

How long does it take for an item in your collection to be reflected on the 'collections' display? I probably have the only one of these on the site:

http://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Braindead-DVD/45251/

But it still shows as being in '0' collections.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #1163

Jun 2011
California

There are movies attributed to one Gary Goldman that should actually be separated to two people. The animated films belong to one, and the live action films belong to another. I tried to add a second Gary Goldman, but still couldn't get it fixed.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #1164
Expert Member

Jan 2012
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan1111 View Post
There are movies attributed to one Gary Goldman that should actually be separated to two people. The animated films belong to one, and the live action films belong to another. I tried to add a second Gary Goldman, but still couldn't get it fixed.

Thanks.
Add the second Gary Goldman with (II) after his name.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #1165
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Got a quick question guys. I tried submiting some recommended studio changes from Sony Pictures -> Sony Picture Classics and Shout Factory -> Scream Factory.

For some of the SPC ones I received the following message:

Quote:
Reject reason: We list these all under the Sony umbrella.. Your submissions are much appreciated, so please make the appropriate changes and try again. Thank you!
The Scream Factory ones were a generate message but I presume it was for the same reason.

If this is the case then why do we even have Sony Pictures Classic and Scream Factory as options if we're not suppose to use them? This is a bit confusing when these are available options but users aren't suppose to use them. How are users suppose to know this unless they try submitting a change? Thanks much for any insight you can provide; just looking for some clarification on submitting changes to existing profiles or when submitting new contributions.

EDIT: For example, isn't New Line Cinema under the larger umbrella of Warner Bros but we don't list New Line Cinema titles as WB titles.

Here's a possible recommendation. Is it possible to list these titles under their respective studio name or label but when searching the database those sub labels would automatically show up under the main label as well? I would imagine this would require a DB change though.

If that is not a possible solution, could the studios list be cleaned up or can something to the effect of "Do Not Use" be added to the studio names we're not suppose to use?

Last edited by rdodolak; 01-20-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #1166
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Got a quick question guys. I tried submiting some recommended studio changes from Sony Pictures -> Sony Picture Classics and Shout Factory -> Scream Factory.

For some of the SPC ones I received the following message:

The Scream Factory ones were a generate message but I presume it was for the same reason.

If this is the case then why do we even have Sony Pictures Classic and Scream Factory as options if we're not suppose to use them? This is a bit confusing when these are available options but users aren't suppose to use them. How are users suppose to know this unless they try submitting a change? Thanks much for any insight you can provide; just looking for some clarification on submitting changes to existing profiles or when submitting new contributions.

EDIT: For example, isn't New Line Cinema under the larger umbrella of Warner Bros but we don't list New Line Cinema titles as WB titles.

Here's a possible recommendation. Is it possible to list these titles under their respective studio name or label but when searching the database those sub labels would automatically show up under the main label as well? I would imagine this would require a DB change though.

If that is not a possible solution, could the studios list be cleaned up or can something to the effect of "Do Not Use" be added to the studio names we're not suppose to use?
The reason why you have individual listings for some of these studios is because the database also pulls up older info for the DVD section. What this means is that some older DVD titles that were released individually by the likes of New Line Cinema for instance are listed under them

Pro-B
Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #1167

Jun 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
Note that these are not duplicates. The complete set is a bundle that includes the Martian Successor Nadesico TV series along with two other titles.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #1168
Expert Member

Dec 2009
the Dutch Mountains
Default 1 release for multiple countries. How to add to DB?

What's the rule for single releases covering multiple countries? I've got a title which is the same for Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark. There are 4 languages on the back cover and the EAN code is the same for all countries.
However, this release is added to the DB for all 4 separate countries which, in my opinion, is wrong. It's giving the impression of 4 different releases while it's not.

1: Should 3 of the 4 entries be deleted? And if so, which one would be leading?

2: I'd like to see an option where you can add multiple countries to 1 DB entry. This would solve this problem.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #1169
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
The reason why you have individual listings for some of these studios is because the database also pulls up older info for the DVD section. What this means is that some older DVD titles that were released individually by the likes of New Line Cinema for instance are listed under them

Pro-B
Thanks Pro-B. I admit I was a little disappointed to see this. What brought it to my attention was I came across a Sony Classics title that I wasn't aware had been released on blu-ray. That made me wonder what other Sony Classic titles had been released and figured I could easily find out by searching the database on this site. Unfortunately, I found out that they were comingled with the Sony Pictures releases which meant searching through over a 1000+ titles to include the 10+ Amazing Spiderman, MIB III, etc releases.

I try to browse through the current releases for particular studios on occasion to see what I missed. Just wish there was an easier method than spending hours looking through 1000s of title especially if you're only interested in a specific sublabel. I know that some studios feel that catalog titles don't sell well but it appears a lot of those releases sneak out without much fanfare or announcements. I can't count how many times I've missed titles some of which were released 2-3 years ago.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #1170
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Thanks Pro-B. I admit I was a little disappointed to see this. What brought it to my attention was I came across a Sony Classics title that I wasn't aware had been released on blu-ray. That made me wonder what other Sony Classic titles had been released and figured I could easily find out by searching the database on this site. Unfortunately, I found out that they were comingled with the Sony Pictures releases which meant searching through over a 1000+ titles to include the 10+ Amazing Spiderman, MIB III, etc releases.

I try to browse through the current releases for particular studios on occasion to see what I missed. Just wish there was an easier method than spending hours looking through 1000s of title especially if you're only interested in a specific sublabel. I know that some studios feel that catalog titles don't sell well but it appears a lot of those releases sneak out without much fanfare or announcements. I can't count how many times I've missed titles some of which were released 2-3 years ago.
No problem, rdodolak

I think that a lot of guys started adding DVDs with the "legacy" labels that originally released them, so this situation was basically unavoidable.

Then you also have companies like Optimum Home Entertainment in the UK and Kinowelt in Germany that had released a number of Blu-rays, but StudioCanal bought them and renamed them. So, they are all part of StudioCanal's distro umbrella now.

I guess you could say that these constant changes are part of the business

Have a great week, rdodolak

Pro-B
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #1171

Jul 2010
Turku, Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisei View Post
I'd like to see an option where you can add multiple countries to 1 DB entry. This would solve this problem.
I've said this many times in the past without getting an answer. Probably one of the biggest reasons why this is not going to happen is because they get money through the Amazon Associates program when someone buys through the sites buy now links. More entries means more money.

This is best seen with Canadian releases where there are tons of them that are actually US releases that are also sold in Canada.

They should just add multiple countries and buy now links to one entry since this doesn't make the site friendly to collectors which many of the people here are when there are tons of duplicates on the site. Because of this I've bought a couple releases before that I thought were unique ones, but they ended being ones that I already owned.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #1172
Expert Member

Dec 2009
the Dutch Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by j00na5 View Post
Probably one of the biggest reasons why this is not going to happen is because they get money through the Amazon Associates program when someone buys through the sites buy now links. More entries means more money.
I don't think more entries of the same release means more items being sold through this website.
But that aside, it's just incorrect to have multiple DB entries for exactly the same release. And, like you also suggested, this should be solved by giving us the chance to add multiple countries to a release.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #1173
Expert Member

Apr 2008
-
-

With apologies to an anonymous editor (whom I hope will understand it isn't about them).

I received a PM that took me off guard a bit as it stated something I had no idea might be an issue.

It stated by contributing multiple submissions was not desirable. I had done so to a few dozen entries which were apparently interpreted as flooding and that no more than 10 or so should be done in one day to any staff member.

Honestly, that is the first time I was made aware of this. I, and imagine numerous others, have sent additions/updates/omissions and the like far exceeding that amount in the past. I also am not sure how the end user controls which staff member might receive which updates to edit.

No offense intended by second guessing but the site doesn't want anyone to contribute to more than 10 or so listings a day?

Also, Re: studio versus distributor. I attempted to update some of the Miramax titles that were listing them as the distributor rather than via Lionsgate, Echo Bridge or Disney / Buena Vista and was instructed that Miramax was accurate for them and declined.

Again, with apologies for second guessing, but can one confirm you don't want the distributor listed in those cases in favor of listing them under Miramax? All but a couple dozen of the Miramax titles are otherwise listed, accurately based on what I believe has been stated - for example, the Sony Pictures Classics discussion, under the distributor at the time of release like Disney / Buena Vista, Lionsgate or Echo Bridge.

Countless other licensed titles use the distributor at the time of release so I am unaware why these were stated as not being that.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #1174
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by abintra View Post
With apologies to an anonymous editor (whom I hope will understand it isn't about them).

I received a PM that took me off guard a bit as it stated something I had no idea might be an issue.

It stated by contributing multiple submissions was not desirable. I had done so to a few dozen entries which were apparently interpreted as flooding and that no more than 10 or so should be done in one day to any staff member.

Honestly, that is the first time I was made aware of this. I, and imagine numerous others, have sent additions/updates/omissions and the like far exceeding that amount in the past. I also am not sure how the end user controls which staff member might receive which updates to edit.

No offense intended by second guessing but the site doesn't want anyone to contribute to more than 10 or so listings a day?

Also, Re: studio versus distributor. I attempted to update some of the Miramax titles that were listing them as the distributor rather than via Lionsgate, Echo Bridge or Disney / Buena Vista and was instructed that Miramax was accurate for them and declined.

Again, with apologies for second guessing, but can one confirm you don't want the distributor listed in those cases in favor of listing them under Miramax? All but a couple dozen of the Miramax titles are otherwise listed, accurately based on what I believe has been stated - for example, the Sony Pictures Classics discussion, under the distributor at the time of release like Disney / Buena Vista, Lionsgate or Echo Bridge.

Countless other licensed titles use the distributor at the time of release so I am unaware why these were stated as not being that.
I think that's more of a personal preference for that one individual. I received a similar PM, a while back, from a specific individual, and it sounded like the individual was overburdened when receiving more than 10 updates at a time, but I haven't had issues contributing more than 10 updates at a time for items which that specific individual doesn't review.

Note, from what I learned, updates for items which have been reviewed by a particular individual on this site usually go to that individual for approval.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #1175
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

Quote:
Originally Posted by abintra View Post
stated by contributing multiple submissions was not desirable. I had done so to a few dozen entries which were apparently interpreted as flooding and that no more than 10 or so should be done in one day to any staff member.

Definitely not site policy and I myself approve thousands, we really appreciate all help and the more submissions and help the better.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #1176
Collectibles Moderator

Nov 2008

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Road-Trip-Blu-ray/64857/

another dup that got approved today.. please delete this
Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #1177
Expert Member

Dec 2009
the Dutch Mountains
Default What's wrong with the descriptions beneath the titles?

Every SteelBook seems to have the SteelBook description under the title twice at moment. When I edit a title it's only mentioned once. Has something in the code changed so that certain entries automatically appear beneath the title?
Check 60016 for example: in my list it's showing as it should but when I go to the release page it says:
Resident Evil: Retribution 3D Blu-ray
SteelBook / SteelBook / Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray
Old 01-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #1178
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisei View Post
Every SteelBook seems to have the SteelBook description under the title twice at moment. When I edit a title it's only mentioned once. Has something in the code changed so that certain entries automatically appear beneath the title?
Check 60016 for example: in my list it's showing as it should but when I go to the release page it says:
Resident Evil: Retribution 3D Blu-ray
SteelBook / SteelBook / Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray
Yes, the case type now shows up in the description automatically if selecting a case type other than the standard case. Case types are no longer suppose to be added to the title and should be removed if it's currently in the title field.

See Iceman's post here:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2312
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #1179
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolfoc View Post
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Road-Trip-Blu-ray/64857/

another dup that got approved today.. please delete this
has different upc and lower price. Is it a lower price reissue?
Old 01-26-2013, 05:09 AM   #1180
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciazulado View Post
has different upc and lower price. Is it a lower price reissue?
Deci, yes it is in a way. That UPC belongs to Warner and is one of the 600+ titles WB is distributing and reissuing for Paramount. So, it's basically a reissue but also at a lower price than the previous release.

http://www.wbshop.com/product/road+t...ks&from=Search

Last edited by rdodolak; 01-26-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Tags
iron man 2, mummy, returns