Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Insider Discussion

Old 01-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #181
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Cliff,

Any chance of getting Weird Al Yankovic's UHF from MGM? I see the DVD is OOP....
Old 01-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #182

Mar 2007
Massachusetts

Hi Mister Cliff-

Any chance of bringing out season 3 of "Petticoat Junction" from a new scan of a negative or really good print?

There's a group over on Facebook (here) that's been pushing for this for some time.

(I admit that this isn't strictly a blu-ray question, as a DVD would please them, too, if the quality were there. The problem is that seasons 1 and 2 were released by CBS as the studio owned the rights, but stopped there.)

Thanks in advance for anything you can do.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #183

Jan 2012

Is a MS. 45 Blu ever going to see the light of day? That and Savage Streets both seem perfect for the Factory
Old 01-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #184
Power Member

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsdream View Post
Is a MS. 45 Blu ever going to see the light of day? That and Savage Streets both seem perfect for the Factory
"Savage Streets" was just re-released by Scorpion Releasing on DVD. They may do a Blu-ray eventually but I thought I read that Bill from Code Red DVD holds the Blu-ray rights to the film. Cliff has tried a few times to convince Shout to release "Ms. 45" but still no bite just yet. Hopefully, one day though.
Follow me on Twitter to stay updated with my latest Blu-ray / DVD reviews: https://twitter.com/Frightener22

Slipcovers in need, PM me if you're looking to sell:
"Lost Boys: The Thirst", "Shark Night" & "Star Trek: The Original Series" Season 3
Old 01-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #185

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac View Post
No plans. Unless its Disney, kids titles don't sell on Blu-ray
This isn't just a "kids title" though. Has Shout Factory conducted market research for this particular series? Because its adult fanbase is well documented.

I have not seen a "kids show" with an adult fanbase of this size before, with the exception of Cartoon Network's Adventure Time, perhaps.

If I had to hazard a guess I would say that there are more adult fans of this show than there are for Transformers Prime, which is why it is puzzling that Shout Factory will release that kids show on Blu-ray but not this one.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #186
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
Cliff,

Any chance of getting Weird Al Yankovic's UHF from MGM? I see the DVD is OOP....
Nope, sorry
Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #187

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiontail60 View Post
This isn't just a "kids title" though. Has Shout Factory conducted market research for this particular series? Because its adult fanbase is well documented.

I have not seen a "kids show" with an adult fanbase of this size before, with the exception of Cartoon Network's Adventure Time, perhaps.

If I had to hazard a guess I would say that there are more adult fans of this show than there are for Transformers Prime, which is why it is puzzling that Shout Factory will release that kids show on Blu-ray but not this one.
Oh dear

Guess I can say I knew this one was coming.

But yes, in a sense, despite a large adult demographic watching the show, is still essentially a kids show, as that it the target demographic for the show and it's merchandise.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:39 AM   #188
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjamescook View Post
Hi Mister Cliff-

Any chance of bringing out season 3 of "Petticoat Junction" from a new scan of a negative or really good print?

There's a group over on Facebook (here) that's been pushing for this for some time.

(I admit that this isn't strictly a blu-ray question, as a DVD would please them, too, if the quality were there. The problem is that seasons 1 and 2 were released by CBS as the studio owned the rights, but stopped there.)

Thanks in advance for anything you can do.
Nope...and we wouldn't scan a negative for show we don't own. It's too costly.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:40 AM   #189
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Oh dear

But yes, in a sense, despite a large adult demographic watching the show, is still essentially a kids show, as that it the target demographic for the show and it's merchandise.
Yeah, I should have guessed too
Sorry, it's not coming to Blu-ray.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #190

Aug 2011

Quote:
Oh dear

What about Transformers Prime? How is it different that this show warrants a Blu-ray release?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #191

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiontail60 View Post
What about Transformers Prime? How is it different that this show warrants a Blu-ray release?
Transformers has also been a more adult show, with a large fan base who grew up with it in the 80s who still fork out a lot of money for the original series, enough to warrant putting the original movie on blu ray.

Plus you got the mega successful Micheal Bay franchise.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #192
Special Member

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
no, i have no idea what the issue is with Amazon.ca

Sony is allowing Twilight to use existing extras from their DVD releases. They are not creating any new extras.
Thanks Cliff, it is very strange and could be hurting your sales from Amazon.ca since I assume They Live is one of your bigger titles.

As for Sony, one of their newer releases "Our Man Flint" actually includes new extras as well as most of the older extras.

Either way, would you guys only be interested if you could create new extras? If one of their titles is already nicely stacked with extras, wouldn't the hi-def video and audio be enough to please the horror fans? It wouldn't have to be a slipcover two disc special edition, but could be released like some of your smaller releases like The Island, The Nest, Death Valley, ect.

Last edited by spawningblue; 01-22-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #193
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Redding, CA

Hey Cliff,
Is there any chance of Scream Factory making some kind of appearance at this years Comic Con?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #194
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Thanks Cliff, it is very strange and could be hurting your sales from Amazon.ca since I assume They Live is one of your bigger titles.

As for Sony, one of their newer releases "Our Man Flint" actually includes new extras as well as most of the older extras.

Either way, would you guys only be interested if you could create new extras? If one of their titles is already nicely stacked with extras, wouldn't the hi-def video and audio be enough to please the horror fans? It wouldn't have to be a slipcover two disc special edition, but could be released like some of your smaller releases like The Island, The Nest, Death Valley, ect.
OUR MAN FLINT is a Fox title.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #195
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylopez View Post
Hey Cliff,
Is there any chance of Scream Factory making some kind of appearance at this years Comic Con?
Shout is at the San Diego show every year.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #196
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Transformers has also been a more adult show, with a large fan base who grew up with it in the 80s who still fork out a lot of money for the original series, enough to warrant putting the original movie on blu ray.

Plus you got the mega successful Micheal Bay franchise.
Write to info@shoutfactory.com if you want your voice to be heard on this. I do not control what we release regarding our Hasbro deal.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #197
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post

A better example would have been The Blue Lagoon or Lost Horizon.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #198
Special Member

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
You're right, I'm an idiot. I was thinking everything Twilight releases is a Sony title for soem odd reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
A better example would have been The Blue Lagoon or Lost Horizon.
Yeah these would work. Although does Blue lagoon have any new extras besides the isolated score?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #199

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Write to info@shoutfactory.com if you want your voice to be heard on this. I do not control what we release regarding our Hasbro deal.
Oh, I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to explain why Tranformers might get a release on blu and MLP doesn't.

Sorry for a misunderstanding.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #200

Aug 2012

Arrow Video in the U.K. just announced their Quarter 2 slate. This includes 2 titles MGM released in the early '00's Foxy Brown and Motel Hell. Is there any chance either of these will see a Shout/Scream release.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Insider Discussion

Tags
scream factory, shout factory