COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
House of Bodies (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Les MisÚrables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Endeavour: Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.69
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Full Monty (Blu-ray)
$16.18
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Revolution: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$17.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
The Last Unicorn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Snow White and the Huntsman (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hercules (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Which team will Carmelo Anthony play for?
He's staying as a Knick for at least 1 more year 15 68.18%
Lakers 1 4.55%
Bulls 6 27.27%
Cavs 0 0%
Heat 0 0%
Other Team - Please List 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2013, 03:30 AM   #23061
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
Not really. That's probably Vucevic's ceiling. Unless he becomes a 20-10 guy or perennial All Star there is no way I'm regretting getting rid of Vucevic. In order to get a player like Bynum you have to give up something. The Sixers would probably be in the same spot they are in now with a Vucevic either outside of the playoffs or barely in it at the 8th seed. Making that trade for Bynum was a no-brainer. You have to do it if you wan to make any kind of progress. Whether Bynum stays healthy for the remainder of his career is the bigger question but trading Vucevic for Bynum I'll do that trade over and over again.
I'm not sure how anyone can say this is Vucevic's ceiling. He's in his 2nd NBA season and just 22 years old. I'm not saying he's likely to be a superstar, but he has plenty of room to grow.

As far as Bynum goes. Here are his missed games per season: 40 (every game), 6, 28, 17, 32, 47, 0, 26.

This season he's missed all 40 games for the Sixers. I'm VERY happy Orlando didn't take on Bynum's contract and/or offer him a max extension. The guy can't even go bowling without getting injured.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 AM   #23062
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL;7033969[B
]I'm not sure how anyone can say this is Vucevic's ceiling.[/B] He's in his 2nd NBA season and just 22 years old. I'm not saying he's likely to be a superstar, but he has plenty of room to grow.

As far as Bynum goes. Here are his missed games per season: 40 (every game), 6, 28, 17, 32, 47, 0, 26.

This season he's missed all 40 games for the Sixers. I'm VERY happy Orlando didn't take on Bynum's contract and/or offer him a max extension. The guy can't even go bowling without getting injured.
Easy. I don't think he will get any better than he is right now. I think he's going to be a guy like Roy Hibbert that averages around 10-15 points and about 10 rebounds. It's not bad it's just not what Bynum can give you

The point is I don't care how many games Bynum misses if you are the Sixers and you have a chance to get the 2nd best big man and all you have to give up is Vucevic and some draft picks I and most of the league is doing that every time they are offered. I'm sure you would be like 'No way man I'm keeping Vucevic'

You go ahead and be happy down there in Orlando in the lottery every year and players bolting out of there year in and year out. Heck it wouldn't surprise me when Vucevic's contract is up he bolts because Orlando can't afford to pay or won't pay him.
I knew you would take this the wrong way like you always do. You are so predictable.
Does it kill you to use a question mark when asking a question? -- O V N

Last edited by bootsy; 01-22-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:55 AM   #23063
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
Easy. I don't think he will get any better than he is right now. I think he's going to be a guy like Roy Hibbert that averages around 10-15 points and about 10 rebounds. It's not bad it's just not what Bynum can give you

The point is I don't care how many games Bynum misses if you are the Sixers and you have a chance to get the 2nd best big man and all you have to give up is Vucevic and some draft picks I and most of the league is doing that every time they are offered. I'm sure you would be like 'No way man I'm keeping Vucevic'

You go ahead and be happy down there in Orlando in the lottery every year and players bolting out of there year in and year out. Heck it wouldn't surprise me when Vucevic's contract is up he bolts because Orlando can't afford to pay or won't pay him.

I knew you would take this the wrong way like you always do. You are so predictable.
I take it for what it is. Do you ever have anything positive to say? Literally all you do in every post is talk down to people use obnoxious "roll eyes" smilies. Nothing but anger and misplaced sarcasm.

As far as lottery picks "every year" go, I seriously doubt it will last too long. The Magic will only get a lottery pick for the 6th time in the last 20 years this season. What team do you root for? I'm guessing it's a team that doesn't make any geographic sense as you seem to be an Ohio St. and Dallas Cowboys fan. Funny as that combo is the same as LeBron James's.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #23064
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
I take it for what it is. Do you ever have anything positive to say? Literally all you do in every post is talk down to people use obnoxious "roll eyes" smilies. Nothing but anger and misplaced sarcasm.

As far as lottery picks "every year" go, I seriously doubt it will last too long. The Magic will only get a lottery pick for the 6th time in the last 20 years this season. What team do you root for? I'm guessing it's a team that doesn't make any geographic sense as you seem to be an Ohio St. and Dallas Cowboys fan. Funny as that combo is the same as LeBron James's.
You took again what I said and have turned into a full fledged bashing. You asked if the Sixers regret getting rid of Vucevic and me being a Sixer fan and following the Sixers on a daily basis I answered no. We had this very topic on the Sixers forum on another board and the majority was people were happy for Vuc but realized that Vuc had to be included in a trade to get a player like Bynum so no most Sixer fans and probably the Sixers front office doesn't regret that trade right now. We're much happier with what Bynum can do once he gets back on the court. If Bynum never plays for the Sixers I'm still happy about that trade because the Sixers for so long were doing the same ol pinny pinching and finally took a chance on a real star player and didn't have to give up a lot to get him. Then it turned into you bashing Bynum and completely going off on a tangent about how many games he's missed and glad that Orlando didn't trade for him. OK great for you and Orlando.

What teams do I root? What the hell does that have to do with anything. If you want to know you need to search in the "What teams do you root for?" thread. Also what difference does it make what region I live in as far as what team I root for. That is one of the most ridiculous things is you have to root for a team in your geographic region. Says who? Who made that rule? I've been a fan of all of those teams I've rooted for 20-30 years. So let me get this straight just because you chose to root for every team in your geographical area everyone else has to follow in line with your logic? No no they don't.

I was born and still live in Indianapolis. When I grew up here we had one professional team: the Indiana Pacers and they were barely worth anything during that time.Our downtown area was tumbleweeds when I grew up. So Dr. J was my favorite player as a kid and I started liking the Sixers that's how I became a Sixer fan. That's something I CHOSE to be. I didn't chose to be a Pacer fan because I grew up in their city. That is beyond dumb. Be a fan of a team you love and keep it moving. I'm going to be a fan of Ohio St, the Cubs, the Sixers, the Cowboys(yeah I'm sure Lebron is a Cubs and Sixers fan) this year, next year, the year after that and every year I have left on this Earth. So I guess you'll just have to deal with it or not.
Does it kill you to use a question mark when asking a question? -- O V N

Last edited by bootsy; 01-22-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #23065
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research

@ Lakers...

That's pretty much how I feel now.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Old 01-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #23066
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajmoyper View Post
I admire you...
Thank god I got a great game!!! Made waking up so good! Nene and Webster carried! Love buzzer beaters

Aldridge and Batum both with double doubles on us and even J.J. Almost had a double crazy we pulled it out!
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #23067
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

It's still shocking that LA probably won't make the playoffs. Makes me appreciate how good Shaq and Phil Jackson were because Howard and Nash should be much better additions than the ancient verisons of Payton and Malone. That was a Finals team. This is a lottery team. Crazy.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #23068
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azyiu View Post
@ Lakers...

Honestly, as painful as it is for me to admit, I think these jerks are still making the playoffs. Eighth seed is most likely. I just hope we're not the one seed in that case because it will have meant that you's guys will haven't gotten something together and might be on a roll. But if the Thunder are sitting in that one spot, forget it. 4 or 5 games out of the playoffs with 41 games to go isn't a death sentence but for sure, they'll have to pick it up.

How about Kobe stops trying to be freaking philosophical Phil on his new twitter account and focus on just railing on his teammates? Everyone on that team looks miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Thank god I got a great game!!! Made waking up so good! Nene and Webster carried! Love buzzer beaters

Aldridge and Batum both with double doubles on us and even J.J. Almost had a double crazy we pulled it out!
I'm happy for you dude. I'm lucky, the latest I have to stay up to enjoy a Spurs game is midnight, more like 1 if the game is on TNT. East coasters, like yourself, don't get much sleep on these west coast games. Kudos. A lot of people don't think so but it's tough to win in Portland. They've got a good squad and a great crowd. We always have trouble over there. Since the days of Clyde and then Sabonis. God, that guy still gives me nightmares.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #23069
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007
Hell-y-wood, FL

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...de-sources-say

I don't quite understand this move on the Grizzlies part. Why get rid of Ellington, your best long range shooter? If you wanted to shed payroll than Gay is the one that needs to go. Especially since he doesn't really fit into their offensive system.
"Flesh is a trap...and death is an illusion."
Old 01-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #23070
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX

Yo, peep this homies...Kawhi Leonard Knee Injury

I was wondering what happened at this point in the game. Kawhi was owning that fourth with his D and O and then Pop told him to intentionally foul with under two minutes (which isn't allowed anymore) just to get him out of the game. We were only up by two, and with the ensuing technical free throw, we were only up by one. That just goes to show you how bad it was and how much Pop cares about the health of his players. To put a win in jeopardy like that...
Old 01-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #23071
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvortex7 View Post
[url]
I don't quite understand this move on the Grizzlies part. Why get rid of Ellington, your best long range shooter? If you wanted to shed payroll than Gay is the one that needs to go. Especially since he doesn't really fit into their offensive system.
They really want to get rid of Gay but it's not easy because of his huge contract. He's due over $16 million this year, almost $18 million next season, and over $19 million in 2014-2015 and there's not many teams that are going to take on that contract unless they are getting rid of their own bad long-term deal.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #23072
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007
Hell-y-wood, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
They really want to get rid of Gay but it's not easy because of his huge contract. He's due over $16 million this year, almost $18 million next season, and over $19 million in 2014-2015 and there's not many teams that are going to take on that contract unless they are getting rid of their own bad long-term deal.
The reason it's not easy is because just about every GM in the league knows the it was a ridiculous contract to begin with. He's not worth the max. He is still a solid player, and a reliable 17-18 ppg scorer with about 5 rebounds a game. But that's about it.
But, as usual, there is always one or two teams out there desperate enough to make such a move for a player like him. He can be clutch at times, but I wouldn't call him a franchise player.
The problem with getting rid of Ellington is that they got rid of their only reliable long range threat. Conley is nowhere near as good from 3 point land. So now they'll be a lot more predictable on offense, and they weren't great there to begin with.
"Flesh is a trap...and death is an illusion."
Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #23073
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
I thought the same thing about Joe Johnson in Atlanta. But the Nets proved me wrong.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #23074
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
I thought the same thing about Joe Johnson in Atlanta. But the Nets proved me wrong.
While Joe Johnson's contract was terrible at least he makes the All-Star game virtually every year. Gay has a max contract and has never even made a single All-Star game. Still, there's a very good chance some team with a ton of cap space would trade for him, although the incentive for the Grizzlies to trade him for virtually nothing is gone for this season now that they're under the luxury tax
Old 01-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #23075
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

Ellington and Speights will be missed. the Grizzlies are a lot less scary now because their lineup is so thin. Why try to keep the core together of a team who can't win it all?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #23076
Special Member

Jun 2012
o hi o

Quote:
Originally Posted by West E View Post
It's still shocking that LA probably won't make the playoffs. Makes me appreciate how good Shaq and Phil Jackson were because Howard and Nash should be much better additions than the ancient verisons of Payton and Malone. That was a Finals team. This is a lottery team. Crazy.
im pulling for the lakers to make the playoffs. i hope they make it in as the 8th seed and get bounced in the first round so my cavs can get the best draft pick possible. lakers miss playoffs cavs get no pick from them
Old 01-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #23077
Special Member

Jun 2012
o hi o

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvortex7 View Post
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...de-sources-say

nba is a superstar league and by a much lesser extent a star league. you keep gay if you can. while hes no superstar he is one of those lower tier stars.

either way great trade for the cavs. top 5 and 15-30 in 2015? damnnnn top 5 protected in 16 and 17 and unprotected in 19? anyway you cut it a first round pick is nice and the key to the trade for the cavs.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #23078
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azyiu View Post
@ Lakers...

it really is laughable at this point... unreal

Quote:
While Joe Johnson's contract was terrible at least he makes the All-Star game virtually every year. Gay has a max contract and has never even made a single All-Star game. Still, there's a very good chance some team with a ton of cap space would trade for him, although the incentive for the Grizzlies to trade him for virtually nothing is gone for this season now that they're under the luxury tax
but do you think J Johnson makes all those all star appearances if he's in the west?
Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about. ~WiLLy WonKa~

PSN - Lacit
Old 01-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #23079
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofthemack View Post
nba is a superstar league and by a much lesser extent a star league. you keep gay if you can. while hes no superstar he is one of those lower tier stars.

either way great trade for the cavs. top 5 and 15-30 in 2015? damnnnn top 5 protected in 16 and 17 and unprotected in 19? anyway you cut it a first round pick is nice and the key to the trade for the cavs.
That is very true. Since I started watching the NBA in the late 80's the one and only team I can think of to win an NBA championship without a superstar was Detroit in 2004. That team had star players like Ben Wallace, Richard Hamilton and Billups, but no superstar player. Having at least one superstar is practically required to win a championship in the NBA.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #23080
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
it really is laughable at this point... unreal

but do you think J Johnson makes all those all star appearances if he's in the west?
Only if Johnson played for a terrible Western Conf team and ended up scoring 25+ PPG. Otherwise no.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports