COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.80
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$34.33
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 06-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Leek, Staffordshire

As an alternative view, I had seen the critics pan this so my expectations were set to LOW....however, loved it...much better and darker than the first. Loved the camerawork and edits in the Crank style.
As for the 3D, I cant comment on other peoples set ups but for me this is the best converted 3D movie I have seen. It was done brilliantly and in some scenes actually looked native.
MIA on blu: Alfie (Original) The Pledge, Colors, Ryan's Daughter, Local Hero, A Matter Of Life and Death, A Man For All Seasons, Goodbye Mr Chips
MIA on blu in UK/region free: Kes, Human Traffic
Old 06-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #42
Special Member

Nov 2011
Meereen

Pre-ordered this blind from Best Buy and picked up the first movie, which I hadn't seen, at the same time for $5 during the U&S deal.

Watched the first movie on Friday night. Didn't think it was too bad. Bit cheesy at times but watchable and I quite enjoyed it.

Watched Spirit of Vengeance last night and have to say, it was awful. Acting was so bad, didn't like where they took the character (never read the comic book so I have no idea if that's how he was). I actually starting dozing off a few times because the movie just wasn't holding my attention.

As for the 3D, I thought it had some pretty good depth throughout most of the movie, although at some points, it didn't seem as strong. Kind of sorry I spent $25 on it....you live and learn, I guess.
3DTV: Panasonic TC-P55VT30
Blu-ray Disc Player: PS3 Slim 250GB/Sony BDP-S470
7.1 System: Pioneer VSX-32, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk PSW505 Sub, Polk RTi A5 Floor Standing (front), Polk RTi A5 Floor standing (sides), Polk RTi A3 (rear)
Old 06-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #43
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

I bought this Friday night, unimpressed. The story was boring and the 3D was mediocre at best. I paid 29.99 for it, would have felt better paying around 10.00.

Note to Hollywood, never try and convert a movie that was team directed by one of the guys that made Crank. Those moving camera angles are just too damn tough. Good job taking a stab at it.

P.S. There was a trailer for the new Spiderman flick on this Blu-ray, enjoyed that more than the movie.

Last edited by Jsmith82; 06-25-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #44
Special Member

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Ghost rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Amazon UK) going for 7.5 pounds!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ghost-...Blu-ray/37665/
LG 42" LW6510 3D TV | Onkyo TX-NR 609 (7.2 Setup) |
Sony PS4 - 500 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region A)|
Oppo BD-103 | HP Envy M6 |
Polk Audio CSi A6 | Polk Audio Tsi 500's | Polk Audio Tsi 100's | Wharfedale Diamond 10 DFS Surrounds | JBL ES250PBK |
Optoma HD25-LV 3D Projector | Elite Manual Screen 109"
Old 07-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #45

Oct 2009

I have a sealed US copy with slip that I'm willing to sell for 15.99 shipped usps first clas with delivery comfirmation to the lower 48 states.

I would also trade for a Wanderlust blu-ray in new or like new condition.
PM if interested

Tom

Last edited by Tom Monahan; 08-01-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #46
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

damn now i regret i bought though it only cost me 13$ so if its bad then well at least i did not spent much on it
Old 08-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #47

Aug 2011
Christchurch, New Zealand
Default C'mon is it really that bad?

Ok so Spirit of Vengeance hasnt hit the "blockbuster" mark with most...I admit I was somewhat aprehensive when I read all the bad feedback being posted about the movie, its acting and its 3d (however I had blind bought/pre-ordered) and was somewhat drawn to see if it was as bad as predicted (did the same with John (yawn fest) Carter) but in some ways I really enjoyed the flick for what it was....all the while acknowledging that it could have been way better!

Yes...the acting is average, the 3d mediocre and the story predictable - but then that could be said about most movies these days...however if you do what I did and view the extra's, giving the background on the movie and it's trials/challenges (going to shoot without any gear???) you soon realise what the movie is trying to portray..it's not a sequel by any stretch (even the directors state it's a re-invention - again like so many other movies these days)

You'll see how Cage became more than just an actor in the movie and how much more "acting" was in this movie compared to the first....after going through the extra's i have a whole new outlook on the movie....still it's not great, but I think I appreciate where they were heading with Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance...I hope there's another GR in the pipeline...

Chris
It's 3D for Me!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Well it really is not as bad as people say it is. Ghost Rider's skull looks way better in this one. The script is not the best yes but it does entertain and that is the main thing for a movie like this.

The 3D is actually not bad either its crystal clear only crosstalk spotted was the same plays the reviewer on this site said but its very minimal and hardly noticeable. The depth in some scenes look really good then there is some scenes that look flat though its a 60/40 with depth on this one

Some say there is no pop outs on it. That is not true. There is some very cool pop outs on this 5-6 pop out scenes (yeah still not so much but it could be worse)
Love the glass shattering from the crane,Blackburn's victim remains also goes through the screen so does 3-4 of Ghost Riders kills.

Would rate the 3D 3.5 but going towards 4.0 imo.

For a cheap price its a great purchase

AQ is very good to 4.5

Extras there is a making of feature in 6 parts that covers everything its about 90 min in length. Excellent making of documentary
Old 09-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #49

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
Well it really is not as bad as people say it is. Ghost Rider's skull looks way better in this one. The script is not the best yes but it does entertain and that is the main thing for a movie like this.

The 3D is actually not bad either its crystal clear only crosstalk spotted was the same plays the reviewer on this site said but its very minimal and hardly noticeable. The depth in some scenes look really good then there is some scenes that look flat though its a 60/40 with depth on this one

Some say there is no pop outs on it. That is not true. There is some very cool pop outs on this 5-6 pop out scenes (yeah still not so much but it could be worse)
Love the glass shattering from the crane,Blackburn's victim remains also goes through the screen so does 3-4 of Ghost Riders kills.

Would rate the 3D 3.5 but going towards 4.0 imo.
For some reason I bought this. To me it had the weakest 3D transfer of any 3D BD that I have seen. Almost no depth nor pop outs. The disc was marked 3D but I wonder if it was mislabeled.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #50

Aug 2012

im one of the ones who liked this ALOT better than the first, im sorry but the first one sucked.... and u must have a bad tv if u cant see 3d in this movie i just watched some of it again and it has great pop out during the action sequences love the crane battle, and seeing the flames pop out at you, i am down for a 3rd movie
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Ryder_2012 View Post
im one of the ones who liked this ALOT better than the first, im sorry but the first one sucked.... and u must have a bad tv if u cant see 3d in this movie i just watched some of it again and it has great pop out during the action sequences love the crane battle, and seeing the flames pop out at you, i am down for a 3rd movie
agreed like i wrote above the 3D is actually quite good
Old 01-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

This froze my panny bdt310. Anyone else have difficulties?
most wanted blus: the Legend of 1900, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Farinelli, Joe Dirt, the Conformist, the Last Castle, Charlies Angels: Full Throttle most wanted rereleases: Interview w/the Vampire Unrated Director's Cut w/lossless audio. Vizio 42" LCD passive 3D, Panasonic bdt310, PS3 slim 60 gb, Denon AVR 590, Polk Audio rm6750, Sennhieser hd 280 pro.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #53

Jul 2011

I read this entire thread and nobody would answer this: does the 3d version come with a regular blu-ray disc/version or are the two discs just 3d movie and bonus features?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #54

Aug 2011
Christchurch, New Zealand

My copy (Uk Version) is a single 3D/2d Blu and a DVD.

Hope that helps
Chris
It's 3D for Me!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #55

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayfriend View Post
I read this entire thread and nobody would answer this: does the 3d version come with a regular blu-ray disc/version or are the two discs just 3d movie and bonus features?
The US release is two Blu-Rays - one 3D and the other 2D - check the review:
"Sony's 1080p Blu-ray 3D transfer remains fairly true to the spectacular 2D image found both on disc two of this set and as the main attraction in the standalone 2D-only release."

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ghost-.../36409/#Review
Old 03-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #56

Dec 2012

Great movie and 3d on my samsung 55 led.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:05 AM   #57

Nov 2011
Oshawa, Ontario
Canada

I also enjoyed this movie along with the 3d, not great but far better then alot out there!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies