COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Top iTunes Deals, Cheap iTunes Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Blu-ray)$32.99 The Walking Dead: Season 4 (Blu-ray)$32.99 The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Blu-ray)$26.99 Arrow, Season 1 (Blu-ray)$39.99 Divergent (Blu-ray)$9.99 Homeland, Season 2 (Blu-ray)$19.99 Gravity (Blu-ray)$9.99 Homeland, Season 1 (Blu-ray)$19.99 Her (Blu-ray)$9.99 Homeland, Season 3 (Blu-ray)$24.99 American Hustle (Blu-ray)$9.99 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 (Blu-ray)$14.99 12 Years a Slave (Blu-ray)$9.99 The Simpsons, Season 23 (Blu-ray)$34.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 01-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #161
Special Member

Sep 2012
Los Angeles

Got a reply from a Sony Rep, said they don't extend beyond the expiration date. He was nice enough to direct me to walmart

Quote:
Vudu now offers a "Disc To Digital" program through Walmart. Simply take your disk into Walmart to receive a digital version of this title.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #162

Oct 2012
Milwaukee, WI

Quick question. Will expired UV codes that have never been used work?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #163

Oct 2008

Probably.

I have yet to find an expired UV code that did not work.

What movie(s) is it for?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #164

Oct 2012
Milwaukee, WI

It was for The Thing (re-make). It all worked out. One other question, is there any way to see if a UV code is still valid? I've purchased numerous used blu rays from gohastings and am curious if the code has been redeemed or not. I'm not looking to keep them for personal use, so I'm wondering if there's any way to see if they've been redeemed.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:46 AM   #165
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Media Section
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre316 View Post
It was for The Thing (re-make). It all worked out. One other question, is there any way to see if a UV code is still valid? I've purchased numerous used blu rays from gohastings and am curious if the code has been redeemed or not. I'm not looking to keep them for personal use, so I'm wondering if there's any way to see if they've been redeemed.
Flixster uses a two step process to redeem codes. So, if you enter a code and it takes you to the confirmation page rather than giving you an error message, the code should still be valid. As long as you don't redeem on that confirmation page, someone else can use the code.

Vudu uses a one step process when you're signed in. As soon as you enter a valid code, it is redeemed and added to your account. However, if you're not signed in and enter a code, I believe it will give you an error message if it's not valid or ask you to sign in if it is valid.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:52 AM   #166

Oct 2012
Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Flixster uses a two step process to redeem codes. So, if you enter a code and it takes you to the confirmation page rather than giving you an error message, the code should still be valid. As long as you don't redeem on that confirmation page, someone else can use the code.

Vudu uses a one step process when you're signed in. As soon as you enter a valid code, it is redeemed and added to your account. However, if you're not signed in and enter a code, I believe it will give you an error message if it's not valid or ask you to sign in if it is valid.
Thank you very much! Greatly appreciate your response!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #167

Dec 2010
NYC
Send a message via Yahoo to theguru14

Flixster is not working on any of the devices I use. I am logged in but none of the movies are playing. I contacted Flixster and this was their response.

The authorization for Flixster to access your UltraViolet account has expired. To resolve the problem, go to the Account page when logged in on the Flixster website. You will see an option to unlink your UltraViolet account. When you unlink and re-link your account, the authorization will automatically be reset.

I tried doing that even before I contacted them. It does not work. Every time I click unlink it takes be right back to the same page to unlink again.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #168

May 2011
Tempe, AZ
Send a message via Skype™ to Faint

This may be a stupid question but is there anyway I can download a SD of a digital copy? I like HD but I don't want a 3+GB movie on my iPhone!

Specifically I really want a SD version of End of Watch, not the HD I got :/
Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #169

Sep 2012
Glasgow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
This may be a stupid question but is there anyway I can download a SD of a digital copy? I like HD but I don't want a 3+GB movie on my iPhone!

Specifically I really want a SD version of End of Watch, not the HD I got :/
If it is an itunes digital copy, you can choose to re-download SD or HD from your purchased items within the itunes store app on your iphone.

For UV, use the Flixster app. The file size should be between 1.5 to 2 GB.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #170
Expert Member

Dec 2012
Auburn, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post

sony also has a 2 step process, as does Universal if done from their sites.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #171

Dec 2010
Chicago, IL

I know the answer is probably no, but does anyone know of any way to tell if a code came from a Blu-ray or DVD? I have some codes that I was under the impression came from blu-rays, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'd like to try and find out before trading more, and I'm not sure how to do that without calling and asking.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #172
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by startngline13 View Post
I know the answer is probably no, but does anyone know of any way to tell if a code came from a Blu-ray or DVD? I have some codes that I was under the impression came from blu-rays, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'd like to try and find out before trading more, and I'm not sure how to do that without calling and asking.
Only way I know how to check a code is on Flixster only, it gives you a chance to see the movie before you redeem it, however it doesn't say if it's SD or HD/HDX. To my best of knowing, also, there isn't like a secret code (digits at the beginning or end) to indicate if it's hd or sd. How do you get random codes? Usually it's either from your personal collection or someone gives it to you. I'd ask whoever gave you the code or look at the case.
Hate Kills Us All
Old 01-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #173

Dec 2010
NYC
Send a message via Yahoo to theguru14

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguru14 View Post
Flixster is not working on any of the devices I use. I am logged in but none of the movies are playing. I contacted Flixster and this was their response.

The authorization for Flixster to access your UltraViolet account has expired. To resolve the problem, go to the Account page when logged in on the Flixster website. You will see an option to unlink your UltraViolet account. When you unlink and re-link your account, the authorization will automatically be reset.

I tried doing that even before I contacted them. It does not work. Every time I click unlink it takes be right back to the same page to unlink again.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 01-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #174

Jan 2012
NJ

I think the Itunes digital copy is easier, but don't use it too often.

Ultraviolet.....

Tried Resident Evil redemption. Sign up with Sony Pictures ultraviolet to redeem, install Silverlight and Download manager if I want it on laptop. Had to use IE as a button didn't show in Firefox. Then I could not link it to Flixster, password or username didn't match with UV, tried several times. Wouldn't let me get into flixster.com, when I login it keeps prompting me as it trys link accts but can't. I was able to get into account settings thru confirm email. Went to UVVU.com and it doesn't show Redemption there. Cancelled both accts out of frustration. 90 mins wasted.

I know people love UV and will say I did it wrong. I just didn't have the patience to spend more time reading FAQS and googling.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #175

Nov 2012
USA -> maryland
Send a message via Skype™ to RandomNinjaAtk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdpw50 View Post
I think the Itunes digital copy is easier, but don't use it too often.

Ultraviolet.....

Tried Resident Evil redemption. Sign up with Sony Pictures ultraviolet to redeem, install Silverlight and Download manager if I want it on laptop. Had to use IE as a button didn't show in Firefox. Then I could not link it to Flixster, password or username didn't match with UV, tried several times. Wouldn't let me get into flixster.com, when I login it keeps prompting me as it trys link accts but can't. I was able to get into account settings thru confirm email. Went to UVVU.com and it doesn't show Redemption there. Cancelled both accts out of frustration. 90 mins wasted.

I know people love UV and will say I did it wrong. I just didn't have the patience to spend more time reading FAQS and googling.
Use VUDU, problem solved.... Studio sites and flixster have issues at times. VUDU isn't perfect but I guarantee you'll have a better experience. And you can redeem almost all titles with VUDU...

Edit:
Also if you register with VUDU right now and link it to your UV account, they will give you 10 Free movies! Also VUDU is available on more devices (Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Mac, iOS, Andriod, Roku, Smart TV's & Blu-ray Players)
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more

Last edited by RandomNinjaAtk; 01-27-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #176
Special Member

Jul 2011

Very stupid question guys since I'm new to digital copies.

Are special features included in these digital copies, the HDX ones?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #177

Nov 2012
Moreno Valley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal_fan View Post
Very stupid question guys since I'm new to digital copies.

Are special features included in these digital copies, the HDX ones?
No just the movie

Sent from my Galaxy SIII
Old 01-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #178
Special Member

Sep 2012
Los Angeles

Some of the itunes movies will come with itunes extras. I haven't really seen anything for UV, I think the most I've gotten is a featurette or trailer
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #179
Special Member

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialPG View Post
No just the movie

Sent from my Galaxy SIII
Thanks.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #180
Special Member

Jul 2011

One other question,

I see that there is a watch in HDX and a Download in HDX option for movies. I don't imagine the watch in HDX will expire if the code was redeemed before the expiration date but is the Download option ever taken off servers or something?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies