Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 01-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #181
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is online now
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
18
187
1
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucv13 View Post
I received my PSB Synchrony Two B's today and am in the testing stages. Initially hooked them up to the Anthem and gave them a workout this afternoon and they are great, clear and concise very nice highs and mids, I was worried about the bass with it's 5 1/2" woofer but it is fine for most of the stuff I play and the sub will kick in when needed.

Started listening again tonight when I woke up and decided that since they sound so good with the Anthem's 80w maybe I should incorporate the Rotel back into the system. Major chore!!! Necessitated the tearing down and reconnection of the complete rack with the power conditioner ended up on the floor under it all due to lack of space - well it's now 7 am and everything is back up and working, the Synchrony's sound better than ever, even mirroring the soundstage I had with the Studio 60's The Synchrony's seem to be a good match up with the Studio CC and ADP 350s so I think they will be staying in the system. Only one thing left to do, dig out my homemade bi-amp cables and reconfigure them to bi-wire - that will be later in the day or evening, I just want to listen to some tunes for now.

Oh, and I dug up my camera finally and it's sitting here on my coffee table but damned if I can find the battery for it. You know when you put something away and tell yourself you'll remember where you put it - well I don't remember However it may possibly be that damned cat getting into everything that found it...
Sounds like you have found a pair of winners in those PSB Synchrony 2B's! Gotta love it when a plan works out! Looking forward to those pics once your cat spews out those missing batteries!

What tunes are you gonna rock to?
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty - Nottingham - Ortofon - Rega - Valab/King
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #182
lucv13 lucv13 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
lucv13's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
London ON Canada
159
266
3
12
Send a message via MSN to lucv13
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Sounds like you have found a pair of winners in those PSB Synchrony 2B's! Gotta love it when a plan works out! Looking forward to those pics once your cat spews out those missing batteries!

What tunes are you gonna rock to?
The battery is proprietary

I'm keeping in mild for now, boarder is still asleep even with the volume at -50 it sounds too loud, gotta love that kind of clarity. Have been listening to some Chris Botti, Leonard Cohen, John Legend currently listening to Eva Cassidy will probably get into some Los Lonely Boys, Santana and Bonamassa later when he gets up.

Looks like a great day for a BBQ, picked up some steaks and salads a few minutes ago now have to resist until later this aft...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #183
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
144
317
293
62
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default



He actually posts ..............

Good Morning dude
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #184
lucv13 lucv13 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
lucv13's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
London ON Canada
159
266
3
12
Send a message via MSN to lucv13
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post


He actually posts ..............

Good Morning dude
And on a weekend too Good morning Russ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #185
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
144
317
293
62
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucv13 View Post
And on a weekend too Good morning Russ...
And a good Morning to you

A couple of days late but the sentiment fits
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #186
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
144
317
293
62
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #187
lucv13 lucv13 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
lucv13's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
London ON Canada
159
266
3
12
Send a message via MSN to lucv13
Canada

The PSB Synchrony 2B's are revealing flaws, probably due to the age, in my Studio CC, I think I'm going to have to update the center channel as well. This is going to put a strain on my credit card though as the matching center is $1500, the dealer's sale is still on and I can grab one for $599. Just fired off an email to him hopefully he can keep the sale price for me til mid February...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #188
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
144
317
293
62
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucv13 View Post
The PSB Synchrony 2B's are revealing flaws, probably due to the age, in my Studio CC, I think I'm going to have to update the center channel as well. This is going to put a strain on my credit card though as the matching center is $1500, the dealer's sale is still on and I can grab one for $599. Just fired off an email to him hopefully he can keep the sale price for me til mid February...
I'm wishing you the best of luck
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #189
lucv13 lucv13 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
lucv13's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
London ON Canada
159
266
3
12
Send a message via MSN to lucv13
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
I'm wishing you the best of luck
The dealer has agreed to hold the center channel at the sale price, which is great because there is no way, short of winning the lotterry, that I would pay $1500 for a center channel speaker.

Since I am generally up all night on the weekends and can't take full advantage of my system because my boarder is sleeping during these times, I thought it was time to pick up an inexpensive set of headphones, After reading a multitude of reviews on this and other sites I settled on the Sennheiser HD280, they should be arriving tomorrow. I haven't owned a pair of headphones in a long time and my expectations for these is pretty high. I doubt I will use them much for music but will for gaming and movie watching during the wee hours of the night...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #190
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
144
317
293
62
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Good Morning ..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucv13 View Post
The dealer has agreed to hold the center channel at the sale price, which is great because there is no way, short of winning the lotterry, that I would pay $1500 for a center channel speaker.

Since I am generally up all night on the weekends and can't take full advantage of my system because my boarder is sleeping during these times, I thought it was time to pick up an inexpensive set of headphones, After reading a multitude of reviews on this and other sites I settled on the Sennheiser HD280, they should be arriving tomorrow. I haven't owned a pair of headphones in a long time and my expectations for these is pretty high. I doubt I will use them much for music but will for gaming and movie watching during the wee hours of the night...
I'm looking forward to your review but do you have anything to compare them to ?
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #191
lucv13 lucv13 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
lucv13's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
London ON Canada
159
266
3
12
Send a message via MSN to lucv13
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Good Morning ..........



I'm looking forward to your review but do you have anything to compare them to ?
Good morning Russ, I haven't owned any headphones in a long long time, skipped over the walkman era, never owned an MP3 player and don't listen to music on my phone - so nope nothing to compare them to - purchased strictly based on the mass volume of positive reviews...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #192
Travis Travis is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1068
294
3
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucv13 View Post
The dealer has agreed to hold the center channel at the sale price, which is great because there is no way, short of winning the lotterry, that I would pay $1500 for a center channel speaker.

Since I am generally up all night on the weekends and can't take full advantage of my system because my boarder is sleeping during these times, I thought it was time to pick up an inexpensive set of headphones, After reading a multitude of reviews on this and other sites I settled on the Sennheiser HD280, they should be arriving tomorrow. I haven't owned a pair of headphones in a long time and my expectations for these is pretty high. I doubt I will use them much for music but will for gaming and movie watching during the wee hours of the night...
Nice. I got some Audio Technica ATH-M50 for when the wife is sleeping, but the cord isn't long enough. Had some Sennheiser noise canceling years ago had to take them back, something was wrong and every time I turned my head I got static. Then traded in for some Sony MDR-V700, we're great and comfy.

You know an audiophile like Russ got to have some Grado Wood Headphones!
Unwatched Blu-rays: 41 Movies 5 TV Series
Marantz SR6004; UD5005; CD5003
B&W DM600 S3, LCR60 S3, ASW600 SVS SB12-NSD
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Toshiba Regza 32C3000G; Sony PS3
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010
Elite Screens M106UWH-E24
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #193
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
144
317
293
62
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucv13 View Post
Good morning Russ, I haven't owned any headphones in a long long time, skipped over the walkman era, never owned an MP3 player and don't listen to music on my phone - so nope nothing to compare them to - purchased strictly based on the mass volume of positive reviews...
During the portable era I've used several type of headphones (primarily Sennheiser ear-buds) but I really enjoyed my time spent with the Koss Porta-pro's.I had also been fond of their (Koss) home cans and had several pairs in the 70's and 80's. Recently I've been looking at the Grado line of cans and they have several pair under the $100 mark. The only thing with the headphones I prefer is that they're open air type, meaning you can still hear what's going on around you which to me is a big safety concern .
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #194
Travis Travis is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1068
294
3
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
During the portable era I've used several type of headphones (primarily Sennheiser ear-buds) but I really enjoyed my time spent with the Koss Porta-pro's.I had also been fond of their (Koss) home cans and had several pairs in the 70's and 80's. Recently I've been looking at the Grado line of cans and they have several pair under the $100 mark. The only thing with the headphones I prefer is that they're open air type, meaning you can still hear what's going on around you which to me is a big safety concern .
I heard some, think Sr60 or 80. I liked them enough, genuine sound, but I prefer closed. Listen on trains and planes mostly.
Unwatched Blu-rays: 41 Movies 5 TV Series
Marantz SR6004; UD5005; CD5003
B&W DM600 S3, LCR60 S3, ASW600 SVS SB12-NSD
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Toshiba Regza 32C3000G; Sony PS3
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010
Elite Screens M106UWH-E24
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #195
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
144
317
293
62
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I heard some, think Sr60 or 80. I liked them enough, genuine sound, but I prefer closed. Listen on trains and planes mostly.
And he likes getting hit by things he can't hear coming
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #196
Travis Travis is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1068
294
3
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
And he likes getting hit by things he can't hear coming
I never use them walking. My commute to work isn't even long enough for most songs.
Unwatched Blu-rays: 41 Movies 5 TV Series
Marantz SR6004; UD5005; CD5003
B&W DM600 S3, LCR60 S3, ASW600 SVS SB12-NSD
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Toshiba Regza 32C3000G; Sony PS3
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010
Elite Screens M106UWH-E24
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #197
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
144
317
293
62
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I never use them walking. My commute to work isn't even long enough for most songs.
Yeah ......... I know and it makes me sick
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #198
lucv13 lucv13 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
lucv13's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
London ON Canada
159
266
3
12
Send a message via MSN to lucv13
Canada

The last pair I had were noise cancelling don't remember what make - didn't like them much and they fell apart after a few months. Decided on the closed set because they will be only used at home. Heard some good things about the ATH-M50 and did consider them but got the Senns on sale...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #199
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
144
317
293
62
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucv13 View Post
The last pair I had were noise cancelling don't remember what make - didn't like them much and they fell apart after a few months. Decided on the closed set because they will be only used at home. Heard some good things about the ATH-M50 and did consider them but got the Senns on sale...
Good Luck and enjoy
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #200
lucv13 lucv13 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
lucv13's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
London ON Canada
159
266
3
12
Send a message via MSN to lucv13
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
And he likes getting hit by things he can't hear coming
He better like it - he has a 2 year old...

Last edited by lucv13; 01-22-2013 at 10:26 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:24 PM.