COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Futurama: Volume 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Monsieur Verdoux (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
High School Confidential (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Being John Malkovich (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$17.98
True Romance (Blu-ray)
$4.75
The Musketeers: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (Blu-ray)
$16.07

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software

Old 08-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #21

Apr 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Send a message via MSN to BHolst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1014 View Post
I just installed a new LG Internal Blu-ray disc rewriter BH12 on my Computer and it plays jerky somewhat. I have a Intel i7 4 core 920 2.67 GHz , 6 GB Ram,
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT with just updated drivers, Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.
I am playing on PowerDVD 11 Ultra. Any ideas on why it is doing this? Settings in PowerDVD. Thanks before I return and get a external one.
Framerate settings in the Nvidia software maybe...
Mitch: Oh, sh*t! Ah, that hurt like sh*t!
Samantha: I know. That's why I distracted you first. Same principle as deflowering virgins.
Mitch: Huh? What? Virgin - ? What?
Samantha: Read it in this Harold Robbins book. Guy bites her on the ear. Distracts from the pain. Ever try that?
Mitch: No, no, I sock 'em in the jaw and yell, "Pop goes the weasel."
The Long Kiss Goodnight
This is the reason I pre-order an item as soon as possible...
Old 08-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #22

May 2011
United Kingdom

I have been using Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 I've had it since it was released. I cannot fault it's playback of Blu-rays.

However I don't have the best PC in the world, I put it together myself and I find PowerDVD bloated. I hope for something "light" like VLC that will be able to handle Blu-rays one day.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
I have been using Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 I've had it since it was released. I cannot fault it's playback of Blu-rays.

However I don't have the best PC in the world, I put it together myself and I find PowerDVD bloated. I hope for something "light" like VLC that will be able to handle Blu-rays one day.
I wish Media Player Classic Home Cinema would play Blu-rays. But I don't know if they actually do or not, yet.
My DVD Collection (Keeping it separate.)
Importer supporter.
Film grain and original cinematic audio advocate. Anti-DNR/EE. To hell with DVD, UV & Digital Copy combos. Gimme Blu-ray disc ONLY!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #24

Aug 2011
Southern, Maine
Default Best player For Bluray (and perhaps everything else)

I want to qualify my statements by telling you I have tried nearly every software concept for HTPC playback over the last few years, I am very well versed in HTPC building and maintenance and have been doing so for many years.

You really want to try the current version of Jriver MC16.
This is especially so if your a newbie and are starting with a Nvidia based Multicore clean slate system .

Since the inclusion of project "Red October" at Jriver when you install JRMC16 it seeks out the best codec installs current LAV filters & MADvr "Nvidia only", not leaving you sorting out codecs and splitting spending hours in forums looking for help.
If you run at full screen it automatically put this JRMC in Exclusive mode and it works pretty darn well. Audio with this software is handled better than any software I have seen or tried, It even will allow volume control of optical output to your AVR. (one less remote to juggle) other perks allow Multiple Zones and incredible equalization in the software DSP section. You really could just use your HTPC as a preamp and skip the AVR with the right soundcard, I use a Auzentec 7.1 card but you may want a current HDMI audio card instead. I plan on using my next build with just a external 7.1 amp a HTPC & Jriver MC.

However JRMC16 is a very comprehensive system and there is no properly formatted manual due to constant feature set inclusions and upgrades "this is a good thing!". Try it for the ample 45 day trial as is to see how you like it just understand there are so many ways to customize JRMC it will surprise you but it seems to work well "Out of the box" without dwelling on the multitude of optional features included.

I do not work for or get kickbacks from J River or any other software or hardware manufacturer

I use WMC7, MyMovies by Brian Binnerup & KMPlayer and once I have figured out how to use JRMC as a external linked player for WMC7 integrated MyMovies playback I will replace KMPlayer for JRMC permanently. I still like WMC7 for TV DVR use but who knows JRMC might change that soon too. So I will be watching for XML related to MyMovies in the meantime.
  • AVR_Pioneer VSX-1020-K, HTPC-w-Bluray
  • Mains_Klipsch Cornwall I.5's, Height_Klipsch SS.5, Center_ PolkCS350-LS
  • Side sr_Polk FXi50, Back sr_Mains Heresy I's
  • Subs_Sonotube 600w LLT 14.5hz, Energy encore8, Behringer 1124p REW tuned bass response.

Last edited by Jasonpctech; 08-19-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

I'm using ArcSoft and it's great. But I'm using it for HD DVDs since I'm buying the ASUS 12X Blu-ray disc burnable/re-writable thing for my computer next month. Can I rip a HD DVD to my computer, take off the dubbing, non-English subtitles, then restructure it as a Blu-ray iso to burn out? I already have several hundreds of 1080p film trailers grabbed off of YouTube via DownloadHelper and was considering making an iso to use with DaemonTools until I actually get the Blu-ray disc burner in September.
I'm going to have my computer which is usable but not fully completed also as an HTPC along with video gaming, making Blu-rays and other stuff. More of what's broadcasted on HDTV and what isn't available anywhere.
Importer supporter.
Film grain and original cinematic audio advocate. Anti-DNR/EE. To hell with DVD, UV & Digital Copy combos. Gimme Blu-ray disc ONLY!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
Can I rip a HD DVD to my computer, take off the dubbing, non-English subtitles, then restructure it as a Blu-ray iso to burn out?
You can learn how at AVS forums. Here is a recent thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1345571
Old 08-30-2011, 12:20 AM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRealist View Post
You can learn how at AVS forums. Here is a recent thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1345571
Thanks! I'm using AnyDVD HD to rip the HD DVDs and then going to keep the same sort of file structure for Blu-ray. But reconfigured for Blu-ray and keeping the menus. Removing the dubbed languages and only keeping the English subtitles.
Any reason why Arcsoft has subtitles still on the image when the dialog stops? More because I do subtitles out of habit. Can't wait to get the ASUS 12X Blu-ray disc burner in September!

EDIT: I'll also be making Blu-ray and AVCHD isos from stuff broadcast not on Blu-ray disc yet, then run them through DaemonTools to see if they work. My first one is gonna be a 1080i file from the Japanese broadcast of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Only 17.3GBs. So with the AVCHD mixer thing I could use a ton of film trailers, organise them in order and then make an AVCHD from them? Would be damn awesome since the majority of them are for older films grabbed with DownloadHelper in 1080p and 720p from various websites.
But the majority of downloadable films which were broadcast in HD, 720p or 1080i/p, are rarely enough to fit fully on a 25GB Blu-ray. More for interim of course.
Importer supporter.

Last edited by Ray_Rogers; 08-30-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #28

Sep 2012

Please excuse my ignorance but are you guys saying if I download a program to my windows Vista PC my laptop will then play BDS?

Wouldn't I need a BD optical drive or would that only be needed to burn BDS?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:58 AM   #29

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukol View Post
Please excuse my ignorance but are you guys saying if I download a program to my windows Vista PC my laptop will then play BDS?

Wouldn't I need a BD optical drive or would that only be needed to burn BDS?
You still need a Blu-ray drive, the thread is for Software to play the movies.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:21 AM   #30

Sep 2012

OK, thanks!

A moment of wishful thinking I guess.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #31

Dec 2012

So, none of you would recommend WinDVD? If so, why is that? Is it that much worse that either PowerDVD or TMT?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #32

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
I wish Media Player Classic Home Cinema would play Blu-rays. But I don't know if they actually do or not, yet.
Yep it does, just open the MT2S file in MPC-HC.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #33

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiajun View Post
So, none of you would recommend WinDVD? If so, why is that? Is it that much worse that either PowerDVD or TMT?
WinDVD is my Blu-ray player software of choice when watching Blu-ray's on my laptop which has an internal BD drive. Runs circles around PowerDVD and TMT. Plays back Blu-ray's effortlessly. For integration with WMC7 you'd want to go with PowerDVD or TMT though. For my HTPC I use TMT as it integrates best with WMC7 and MyMovies.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #34

Oct 2012

I know a software named UFUSoft blu-ray Player can play blu-ray discs/iso very well on windows 7/8/XP/Vista
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #35
Power Member

Jan 2012

Is there a program that skips all the crap at the beginning of the movie without burning it to the hard drive?
Onkyo 818
Emotiva XPA-3,UPA-200
Panasonic 60ST50 Plasma
Martin Logan EM ESL's
Martin Logan EM C2 center
Motion 4's for height speakers
Energy Veritis V-S Dipole/Bipole Surrounds
Power Sound XS30
Old 01-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #36

Apr 2012

I say TotalMedia Theatre. PowerDVD has too many issues.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #37
Power Member

Jan 2012

I just built a new dedicated home theater pc sun.. Works really well. I'm using Any DVD right now to skip all the bs at the beginning of the movies on BD. I'm trying out TMT 5 and Power DVD 12. Verdict is still out. I'm just using the trials. I'm also trying to get XBMC going,but so far it won't start. It crashes when I click on it in WMC.. I'll figure it out tho.
Onkyo 818
Emotiva XPA-3,UPA-200
Panasonic 60ST50 Plasma
Martin Logan EM ESL's
Martin Logan EM C2 center
Motion 4's for height speakers
Energy Veritis V-S Dipole/Bipole Surrounds
Power Sound XS30
Old 02-06-2013, 03:50 AM   #38

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1 View Post
Is there a program that skips all the crap at the beginning of the movie without burning it to the hard drive?
I just got Mac Blu-ray Player for Windows, it works really well for movies. It doesn't support any menus but if you just want to play the movie it works great.

If you want to play special features you have to know exactly what title (by number) it is on the disc or its exact length. With TV shows the episodes are usually out of order so it's really only good if you are looking for a specific episode and you can recognize it by clicking around in each episode.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:06 AM   #39

Apr 2013

I would like to suggest the new one Leawo Blu-ray Player, which can be gotten free from their beta test page. The reviews of the software are all positive and I myself have tried the program with my blu-ray discs, simple but great watching experience.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Anybody know if you can or How to : Get Blu-ray playback in Windows Media player classic home theater ?
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software