COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fantastic Four / Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The NeverEnding Story (Blu-ray)
$13.89
Old 01-24-2013, 02:27 AM   #1
Power Member

Apr 2009
California
Default Ever had a package stolen?

I've lived in my current house for 3 years, never had a problem with theft...actually I've never encountered mail theft in my entire life. I just came home to a missing package. Luckily it was only $25 worth of speaker wire, and monoprice were generous to send me a new one, but it's enraging to know someone would steal from a private owner. I'm glad it was speaker wire compared to all the things that have been left at my front door, I might need to invest in some security cameras.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:09 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Did you check with neighbors? Maybe they took it in so it didn't get stolen and they did nothing wrong in their mind.
Various: "Can you kill it?" "I believe something can." "A monster?" "No...a god."

Godzilla Asia Trailer (2014)
Old 01-24-2013, 03:34 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Sunny California

My father in law caught a guy trying to steal my package once. When he was opening up the door the guy took off running. What they do is they wait to see if anyone is going to open the door. What pisses my off the most they don't even know what the hell they are stealing, just stealing for the hell of it. Some one stole my sister in law text books before, its sad thats the world we live in.
TV:LG "55" LW5600 LED 3D 120Hz
TV:Samsung "46" B610 LCD 120hz
Receiver:Pioneer VSK-1021-K 7.1
Speakers:Polk Audio RM6750 5.1
BLU-RAY:PS3 Slim 160GB Sony BDP-S360
X-Box 360 Slim 250GB
X-Box 360 Elite 120GB
Old 01-24-2013, 03:54 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
Alabama

you can call and request the delivery driver to leave the package at your back door instead.

or if you're there one day when you get a package delivered, you can tell the driver personally.

i always try to establish a rapport with my delivery guys/girls so they'll be more open to doing things for me like that.

it's worth a shot.
Will Disney ever release Old Yeller and Big Red on blu-ray?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

In my case the idiot USPS delivery person usually just delivers to the wrong address. It's happened to me on quite a few occasions since I've been living at my current address.
Steve

WTB: PS3 case that holds 2 discs. If you have one you can part with please PM me.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
LV-223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
In my case the idiot USPS delivery person usually just delivers to the wrong address. It's happened to me on quite a few occasions since I've been living at my current address.
This is a big problem where I live. We have the whole communities mail in lock boxes and the postman is constantly leaving things in the wrong boxes. Plus if you leave something that isn't yours in your box they won't even bother to move it.

If its a front door thing, you can always tell UPS/Fedex/USPS to hold the packages bigger than your mailbox at their location and pick them up.
"The sheep think they are wolves, but the wolves know better..."
Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Dayton,Ohio

I always have my packages delivered to me @ work. Thieves suck
Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

My Onkyo recv’r was left on my front steps a couple months ago…..the steps face the busiest street around me too.

So there was my brand new recv’r sitting out in the open for anyone to yank. Worst part is it was sitting in it’s own box….so everyone could see what it was too.
Blu-Benny’s 7.2 HT @ a Glance:
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Losers always whine about their best......winners go home and f**k the prom queen!!"
Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007
Over The State Line

Never had one stolen but once the UPS driver did deliver my package a few house's down luckily we knew the home owners and they dropped it off for us.
MOE
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada

Anything of value I always request signature delivery, actually most of the companies I deal with do this (in Canada that is). But I'm mostly home all day so I guess I'm lucky as I know the delivery people by name
Old 01-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #11

Jan 2010
The Outer Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujacket View Post
+1. Always have stuff shipped to my work as well, it is extremely rare that I have things sent to my house.
Current Blu-Ray Recommendation:

My Criterion Collection
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #12
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2007
Iowa

I've never had a problem with packages getting stolen but it may be because I've got a pretty big front yard so I live pretty far off from the road, plus our UPS driver usually delivers things around 11:30 and my roommate comes home for lunch at noon so they aren't out long.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:02 AM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

We had a Blackberry stolen once. The worst thing was that I had to file a claim through UPS, so for the next 2 ******* years UPS required a signature for EVERYTHING that was delivered to my house, even though I'd lived here 6 years prior with no history. Like most everyone else, I'm not here to sign for anything during the day, so everything that got delivered UPS I'd have to drive across town to the center to pick it up and deal with the awesome staff there.

They finally started dropping things off, but now the driver has a habit of delivering my packages to the other houses in my neighborhood. So I started having everything delivered to work.

You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperAgent View Post
This is a big problem where I live. We have the whole communities mail in lock boxes and the postman is constantly leaving things in the wrong boxes. Plus if you leave something that isn't yours in your box they won't even bother to move it.
Yeah the mail boxes are the same where I live, and it actually happened since I made my last post in this thread. Luckily it was just a replacement belt clip from Otter Box. After I ran the tracking info and saw it was delivered even though we never received it, I called Otter Box and they shipped out two more. Then the next day a new neighbor from across the street rang the door bell and handed a package to me. It was my package from Otter Box. Oh well. At least now I'll have spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujacket View Post
I would do this, but my work schedule is not the norm, so it's difficult to know whether I would be home or at work when a packaged is dropped off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Benny View Post
My Onkyo recv’r was left on my front steps a couple months ago…..the steps face the busiest street around me too.

So there was my brand new recv’r sitting out in the open for anyone to yank. Worst part is it was sitting in it’s own box….so everyone could see what it was too.
Wow. Just wow......
Steve

WTB: PS3 case that holds 2 discs. If you have one you can part with please PM me.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Although not a theft of a package, this thread reminded me of this video. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it happened a few months ago where a FedEx driver was caught on someone's CCTV security camera throwing what appears to be a computer monitor or TV over a fence.

Steve

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat