Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98

The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #23241

Aug 2010

Picked up Looper as well, bloody Roadshow and their bland and boring discs.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #23242

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

First day of holidays and as planned got some quality viewing done. Watched:

Looper was every bit as good as I hoped it to be. It had a bit of a lull in the middle 30 or so minutes but it was extremely impressive work in all respects. Excellent performances all round, great visuals and a good story. The disc impressed. Excellent picture quality with a strong audio track to boot.

The Grey was an interesting one. Although I expected it to be psychological there were quite a few elements to the psychological mix (fear, loss, desolation, hopelessness). It made it pretty effective. Throw in the wolves and it made for a good dramatic film with action moments. The plane crash was great. We've all seen them on film before but this is the best in my opinion. Absolutely brutal and completely engrossing. The picture quality was strong. It had moments of heavy grain and was deliberately looking rough to go with the context of the film but the picture on the screen appeared true to source. The audio was exceptional. Great mixing and the aforementioned plane crash was incredible. I've heard plenty of aggressive mixes before but that was just a complete sonic assault. So much clarity and definition whilst maintaining that much angriness. As an aside, the composer was clearly listening to Sunshine/Kick Ass. The theme regarding Neeson's relationship was basically a note for note copy.

Armageddon - not much to say! Seen it a bunch of times and it's still over the top action/cheese with the standard guy-gets-the-girl Michael Bay style. Picture quality was good but not quite perfect - just showing its age a little bit. Audio was again excellent.

Last up was Real Steel. Wow. I've been good with my blind buys and I wasn't wrong here. Aside from a couple of moments of overplayed jerkism on Jackman's part or heart-pulling on his son's part this film totally nailed it. A basic story of responsibility but it was wrapped really well in the spectacle on the screen. It resulted in a really good feeling film with some excellent character moments and some top action. Picture and audio quality were flawless. The picture was great - HUGE amounts of detail, really nice colours, great lensing & lighting and not a hint of fiddling at all. The audio was even better. The soundtrack was exceptionally well mixed. Even the opening acoustic song showcased the technical prowess of the mix - incredibly warm vocals with great presence. The score and songs sounded big but tight and the action on screen was backed up with some really impressive sound effects work. All in all a really fun film and incredibly good disc.

To cap off a great holiday start I'm going to check out The Hobbit tonight. I've finally got a chance. I'll just be going to the 2D tonight. Nowhere near me is doing HFR 3D any more and I'd rather experience the 2D first and then see what the 3D is like later at home.
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10. New/sealed. Price includes shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update June 8! |--
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #23243
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRED1977 View Post
Arrived

Dredd 3D (Sooooo looking forward to this but I am trying to hold off for Friday night.....it feels like a "Friday Night and a few Brewski's" kinda movie......I'm trying to stay dry on weeknights although after the day at work i'm having tonight might be beer oclock!!

Dispatched

End of Watch, another one I am really looking forward to !

Ordered

Flight
Lawless
Jack Reacher

So out of that lot 4 are blind buys, we went to see Jack Reacher last week and loved it.....even with Cruise being completely miscast.....I've just read The Killing Floor, the first Reacher book and he is nothing like the character in the book.....I'm picturing Tom Jane not Tom Cruise !!!
stay off the booze.
Currently: Playing:Wolfenstein The New Order/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition/Metro Redux/COD Advance Warfare/The Evil Within/Sunset Overdrive/The Master Chief Collection/Assassin Creed Unity/Far Cry 4
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #23244
Expert Member

Oct 2011
Sydney, Australia

Watched: Django Unchained

Most I've laughed in a film EVER. Christoph Waltz stole the show.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #23245
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Watched Sons of Anarchy season 1 episodes 3-5
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avp/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #23246
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Not good photo, however on my doorstep from Italy.

However I see no one on this site has done a review on Diaz. I'm hoping I will be first. Going to watch tonight.

Dono
Source: iPod 160G in Arcam DrDock, 2x Oppo BDP-103D's (Blu-ray, CD, SACD and DVD Audio), PS3 and PS4.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009(Atmos), 2x Marantz MM7055's (10 amps bi-amping 5 channels).
Speakers: (Atmos 5.3.2): 4 x Polk RTiA7's, Polk CSP 1000, 2x Atlantic TLC-8.2, Polk PSW 1200, 2x SVS SB Ultra 13's and triple buttkicker system.
Projection: Dreamvision Yunzi + 3 Tentation Ltd. Ed.
Headgear: Woo WA22 (tube amp), Oppo HA-1 (DAC and amp), Audeze LCD-3.

BLU's FOR SALE
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #23247
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008

Watched:

Both Em and I really liked. Wouldn't have seen believable if it wasn't based on real events. Some people are just thick.
Reminded me a lot of Hard Candy. 9/10

Ta Dono
Source: iPod 160G in Arcam DrDock, 2x Oppo BDP-103D's (Blu-ray, CD, SACD and DVD Audio), PS3 and PS4.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009(Atmos), 2x Marantz MM7055's (10 amps bi-amping 5 channels).
Speakers: (Atmos 5.3.2): 4 x Polk RTiA7's, Polk CSP 1000, 2x Atlantic TLC-8.2, Polk PSW 1200, 2x SVS SB Ultra 13's and triple buttkicker system.

BLU's FOR SALE
Old 01-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #23248

May 2009
New Zealand

Watched: Walking Dead: Season 1, Episode 1

Wow, what a great pilot. So great to see it again.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #23249
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
Watched:

Both Em and I really liked. Wouldn't have seen believable if it wasn't based on real events. Some people are just thick.
Reminded me a lot of Hard Candy. 9/10

Ta Dono
Saw it at the Film Festival, so many people walked out because they were disturbed/couldn't believe it, I read about the actual events and it seems like it stuck pretty close to the facts. But yeah most walk outs I've ever seen in a screening haha.

Watched: Moonraker (4/10)
Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #23250
Special Member

Apr 2010
Western Australia

Bought looper due to everyone raving about it.

Watched mars attacks
Old 01-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #23251

Dec 2009
Blue Mountains NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukraj View Post
stay off the booze.
Too late !
Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 AM   #23252
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexp80 View Post
First day of holidays and as planned got some quality viewing done. Watched:

Looper was every bit as good as I hoped it to be. It had a bit of a lull in the middle 30 or so minutes but it was extremely impressive work in all respects. Excellent performances all round, great visuals and a good story. The disc impressed. Excellent picture quality with a strong audio track to boot.

The Grey was an interesting one. Although I expected it to be psychological there were quite a few elements to the psychological mix (fear, loss, desolation, hopelessness). It made it pretty effective. Throw in the wolves and it made for a good dramatic film with action moments. The plane crash was great. We've all seen them on film before but this is the best in my opinion. Absolutely brutal and completely engrossing. The picture quality was strong. It had moments of heavy grain and was deliberately looking rough to go with the context of the film but the picture on the screen appeared true to source. The audio was exceptional. Great mixing and the aforementioned plane crash was incredible. I've heard plenty of aggressive mixes before but that was just a complete sonic assault. So much clarity and definition whilst maintaining that much angriness. As an aside, the composer was clearly listening to Sunshine/Kick Ass. The theme regarding Neeson's relationship was basically a note for note copy.

Armageddon - not much to say! Seen it a bunch of times and it's still over the top action/cheese with the standard guy-gets-the-girl Michael Bay style. Picture quality was good but not quite perfect - just showing its age a little bit. Audio was again excellent.

Last up was Real Steel. Wow. I've been good with my blind buys and I wasn't wrong here. Aside from a couple of moments of overplayed jerkism on Jackman's part or heart-pulling on his son's part this film totally nailed it. A basic story of responsibility but it was wrapped really well in the spectacle on the screen. It resulted in a really good feeling film with some excellent character moments and some top action. Picture and audio quality were flawless. The picture was great - HUGE amounts of detail, really nice colours, great lensing & lighting and not a hint of fiddling at all. The audio was even better. The soundtrack was exceptionally well mixed. Even the opening acoustic song showcased the technical prowess of the mix - incredibly warm vocals with great presence. The score and songs sounded big but tight and the action on screen was backed up with some really impressive sound effects work. All in all a really fun film and incredibly good disc.

To cap off a great holiday start I'm going to check out The Hobbit tonight. I've finally got a chance. I'll just be going to the 2D tonight. Nowhere near me is doing HFR 3D any more and I'd rather experience the 2D first and then see what the 3D is like later at home.
That is a great Movie Marathon play list right there
Old 01-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #23253
Power Member

Mar 2011

Bought Looper.

I am in shock - my copy of Mean Streets arrived bang on time via MSI Good work by them! Unfortunately Following is overdue by a week so Amazon have refunded my money. I'll see what's available on eBay...
Old 01-24-2013, 02:50 AM   #23254
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008

Yay,

My mini Movie film fest starts tonight. I have tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday Wife and Kid free.

Going to watch these three tonight.

Going to grab some Sushi on the way home and the Beer fridge is fully stocked. Might have to go to Corona's on Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia.

3 more tomorrow night and 4 on Saturday. I'm hoping to clear 10 in 3 days.

Dono

BLU's FOR SALE

Last edited by Badas; 01-24-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #23255

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

^ Enjoy it Dono. That's what I'm doing mate. 9 days at home on holidays over the next three weeks. Getting some quality watching done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechy View Post
That is a great Movie Marathon play list right there
Yep, was awesome.
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10. New/sealed. Price includes shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update June 8! |--
Old 01-24-2013, 03:36 AM   #23256

Jul 2011
Perth Australia

Finally received today shipped from Barnes & Noble 20/12/12

@Melmoy77
Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 AM   #23257
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
Yay,

My mini Movie film fest starts tonight. I have tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday Wife and Kid free.

Going to watch these three tonight.

Going to grab some Sushi on the way home and the Beer fridge is fully stocked. Might have to go to Corona's on Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia.

3 more tomorrow night and 4 on Saturday. I'm hoping to clear 10 in 3 days.

Dono
sounds EPIC enjoy yourself
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 AM   #23258

May 2009
New Zealand

Arrived:

Let Me In
Deep Rising / Puppet Masters
The Thing (Remake)
The Island

9 Days shipping.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #23259
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechy View Post
sounds EPIC enjoy yourself
I agree, though pizza instead of sushi would top it off, for me anyway.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avp/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #23260

Oct 2010
Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
I agree, though pizza instead of sushi would top it off, for me anyway.
Or both
as we did last week, start with the sushi and beers then some pizza
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia