Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steins;Gate: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$10.99
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Adventures of Tintin 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Black Lagoon: Complete Collection Season 1 and 2 (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Old 04-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUTRIG View Post
Thanks for all the time you put in on all subwoofer thread,because of the 2 sub post I purchase 2 Sunfire TS-EQ10 to replace my 1 HSU 8" sub . I know not too many HT have Sunfire Sub,but it would be nice to have a Owners Thread in the future on the Sunfire Sub. Thanks to all that put time in the Sub thread & post,BLUTRIG
I will create one and put a link to it. Promise that you will do the first post.
HT Room: Panasonic PT-AE8000, Epson 1080UB Proj., Mitsubishi 65" Diamond Series HD TV, Yamaha-RX-A3010 Rec., CinePro 6-Ch. Amp. (350 W/Ch, 8 Ohm), Proton D1200 Amp., Behringer EP4000 & EPX3000 Amps., Oppo BDP-83, Sony BDP-S790, Audio Technica Tuntable, Mitsubishi S-VHS, 2 Def. Tech. Super Towers w 15" subs, 1 Def. Tech. Center & 1 Martin-Logan Center, 2 Def. Tech. Surr. & 2 PSB Surr., 2 Cadence Presence, 2 Bose 901 Rears, 2 Modified HSU 12" Subs, 1 ED DIY 12" Sub, 1 ED DIY 15" Sub, Velodyne SMS-1 Subwoofer Equalizer, DirecTV HD, Monster HTS 5000 & APC H15 Power Conditioners.
Two-Channel Room: XiangSheng Tube Preamp., Carver TFM-45 Amp. (375 W/Ch), Behringer EPX4000 Amp., Onkyo CD player, Denon Turntable, Yamaha Tuner, 2 Vintage Polk RTA-15TL Speakers, 2 LCY 100 Super Tweeters, 2 DIY Folded Horn Super Towers with 15" Sub., 1 Modified AA HD-SUB12
Family Room: Mitsubishi 73" Diamond Series TV, Yamaha DSP-A3090 Rec., DirecTV HD-DVR, PS3, Zvox Speaker, 1 DIY 12" Sub.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
The Island

No other M&K sub owners on here?
My Rock and/or Roll band: http://ghostmanonfirst.bandcamp.com/
Old 11-26-2009, 03:01 AM   #23

Jul 2009
Seattle, Wa

Mini review of the Rythmik F15:

Background:

I am fortunate enough to have a lot of friends that are also into home audio. I was able to sample a large array of subs before I took the plunge. I built my front speakers, tuned them and built a sound room with dampened (but not dead) walls all for the exclusive purpose of producing the most accurate acoustics. I was looking for a sub that didn't talk over the front speakers. One that blended in with the theater with out feeling intrusive or overbearing. A sub that wasn't so passive that it whispered but not clumsy when it needed to be loud. This is what I found...

The Rythmik F-15 Direct Servo subwoofer. For those that are unfamiliar with Servo subs, they are very different then your average subwoofer. With normal subs you'll usually have the option between ported subs which provides a boost to the frequency of the port and allows for more play with the driver but at the cost of a loss of accuracy and efficacy. By this I mean they are more prone to varieties of distortion and it takes a greater amount of power to move the driver. The advantages of this is greater SPL, louder and more impact in the sound. The down side is the subwoofer can easily overwhelm the front speakers and the distortion at higher DBs can be very audible. Sealed cabinets help to correct this problem, at the cost of SPL. I would suggest anyone that is more interested in the quality of the sound rather then the level of the boom take it just 1 step further.

A direct servo sub (which should be distinguished from other varieties of servo subs) contains a sensing coil, which generates a feed back signal to the amplifier which corrects for the position of the driver. Even a perfectly designed sealed subwoofer is at the mercy of physics. There are some principles that can't be avoided. The only way to properly correct for any possible distortion is a well designed servo. As a result the F15 is a very accurate very quick sub which can easily keep pace with just about any fronts you can throw at them.

For music they blend in perfectly with my room and add another depth to what you are listening to with out intruding on it. The best way I could describe it is you don't know the sub is on until it's off simply because it blends in so well. For home theater is isn't a shrinking violet, it has the power to shake the house all the way up to the 3rd floor. It is a very defined rumble, where other subs produce a blur of bass this one produces exactly what you would expect to hear. Instead of a whir of a helicopter you hear each rotation. Scenes from T4 Salvation took on new life. I didn't hesitate in selling my previous sub for a moment.

For people who are more dedicated to music, I would stick with the smaller version of the sub, the F12. For people that intend to use the sub in smaller home theaters I would highly suggest the F15. For larger home theater setups I would suggest at least 2 F15's, depending on room size. For my room (10x16) the F-15 is overkill. I plan on getting a second to help correct the room curve, but it's certainly loud enough with just 1. If you currently have a boomy sub and like the impact then I wouldn't bother with Rythmik. For people who want uncompromising reproduction, Rythmik is the way to go!

Last edited by kareface; 11-26-2009 at 03:16 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007
PDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff Magnum View Post
No other M&K sub owners on here?
I'm a proud M&K subwoofer owner. In fact, I just upgraded my primary sub to an M&K MX-125 Mk II push-pull dual driver sub, and it is absolutely fantastic.

M&K, being the original inventor of the subwoofer, deserves to have it's own thread. M&K had a rough patch a couple of years ago, but they're still around and expanding their offerings again.

Here's the web site: http://www.mksoundsystem.com/

Here's the main online dealer, Abt Electronics: http://www.abt.com/category/296/Subwoofer-Speakers.html

Here's a good recent review of the MX-350 THX sub, and it includes background on M&K's reorganization. It also speaks to the quality of both the old and new systems.

http://www.laaudiofile.com/mksound_s150.html
M&K makes phenomenal subs and speakers in general. They should have a thread.
Sony Grand Wega SXRD KDS 50-A2000 1080p
Yamaha HTR-6080 7.1 Ch Natural Sound Receiver
Sony PS4 Pro / Yamaha DVD-S2500 SACD Player
Monster Reference Power Conditioner 3500 Mk II
Aurasound LSM-828M Standmounters, LSC-537M Centers F & R, LSB-527M SL & SR, all w/Line Source ribbon tweeters / Realistic Super Tweeters
XLO Electric Reference Speaker Cables
Miller & Kriesel MX-125 Mk. II & MX-70B Subwoofers

Last edited by kingofgrills; 12-23-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die

i guess there is no master owners thread of dali sub owners?
Home Theater Gear: Samsung PN58B860 58" Plasma, Pioneer Elite SC-27 AVR, Panasonic BMP-BDT310, Harmony One remote
speaker set up: 3 Paradigm Cinema 400 on the wall speakers & cinema 100 surrounds
Subwoofers - Dual Bic F-12 powered subwoofers
Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #26
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4blu View Post
i guess there is no master owners thread of dali sub owners?
And I guess the same holds true for JAMO subs
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha ~ Pro-ject ~ Oppo ~ Vincent
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research ~ Light Harmonics ~ acurus ~ Dahlquist
SVS
Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #27
Power Member

Jan 2012

I'm guessing that's because there would be about 2 posts every 6 months..
Old 01-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #28
Power Member

Feb 2008
-

I'm surprised that no one has asked yet, but can we add the Official Power Sound Audio thread to this list?
I looked up the phrase 'Getting It Done' in the dictionary and it said, "See Marvel Cinematic Universe 2008-present".
Old 01-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #29
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silo5 View Post
I'm surprised that no one has asked yet, but can we add the Official Power Sound Audio thread to this list?
It is done.
HT Room: Panasonic PT-AE8000, Epson 1080UB Proj., Mitsubishi 65" Diamond Series HD TV, Yamaha-RX-A3010 Rec., CinePro 6-Ch. Amp. (350 W/Ch, 8 Ohm), Proton D1200 Amp., Behringer EP4000 & EPX3000 Amps., Oppo BDP-83, Sony BDP-S790, Audio Technica Tuntable, Mitsubishi S-VHS, 2 Def. Tech. Super Towers w 15" subs, 1 Def. Tech. Center & 1 Martin-Logan Center, 2 Def. Tech. Surr. & 2 PSB Surr., 2 Cadence Presence, 2 Bose 901 Rears, 2 Modified HSU 12" Subs, 1 ED DIY 12" Sub, 1 ED DIY 15" Sub, Velodyne SMS-1 Subwoofer Equalizer, DirecTV HD, Monster HTS 5000 & APC H15 Power Conditioners.
Two-Channel Room: XiangSheng Tube Preamp., Carver TFM-45 Amp. (375 W/Ch), Behringer EPX4000 Amp., Onkyo CD player, Denon Turntable, Yamaha Tuner, 2 Vintage Polk RTA-15TL Speakers, 2 LCY 100 Super Tweeters, 2 DIY Folded Horn Super Towers with 15" Sub., 1 Modified AA HD-SUB12
Family Room: Mitsubishi 73" Diamond Series TV, Yamaha DSP-A3090 Rec., DirecTV HD-DVR, PS3, Zvox Speaker, 1 DIY 12" Sub.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #30
Power Member

Feb 2008
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
It is done.
Thank you.
I looked up the phrase 'Getting It Done' in the dictionary and it said, "See Marvel Cinematic Universe 2008-present".
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers