COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Ken Burns: The Roosevelts (Blu-ray)
$76.89
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
On the Beach (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Dexter: The Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$15.49
Old 01-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #841
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by josuv22 View Post
I guess I just preferred the game-play style it had on the 360/ps3
Same with HoTD: Overkill. Both of those were fun Wii games, but in the end they both had enhanced ports on the PS3, which I enjoyed more.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #842
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Not sure if anyone noticed but Pandora's Tower is finally being released in North America. This is the 3rd and final RPG Operation Rainfall was pushing to get released in NA for the Wii. It's not as good as Xenoblade Chronicles or The Last Story but it's supposed to be a solid game. Retailing for $39.99 I'm buying it.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #843
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Not sure if anyone noticed but Pandora's Tower is finally being released in North America. This is the 3rd and final RPG Operation Rainfall was pushing to get released in NA for the Wii. It's not as good as Xenoblade Chronicles or The Last Story but it's supposed to be a solid game. Retailing for $39.99 I'm buying it.
Saw that on Amazon. I am tempted to get it... but I have yet to play Xenoblade and The Last Story. I was holding out in hopes that the Wii U would upconvert them to 1080p. Guess I will need to go the Dolphin route after all with those titles.
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner
Old 01-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #844
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Ireland

with THQ now dead I guess anyone who wants Darksiders II on any platforms should pick it up before it goes OOP
Old 01-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #845
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
with THQ now dead I guess anyone who wants Darksiders II on any platforms should pick it up before it goes OOP
I guess no one thought Vigil or the Darksiders IP was worth buying. At least Sony Santa Monica have offered the staff from Vigil to tweet them to aply for jobs with them.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 AM   #846
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
not all ip were available where available. smaller ones are set to be sold in the week. Darkersiders is expected to sale then.
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Old 01-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #847
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
Saw that on Amazon. I am tempted to get it... but I have yet to play Xenoblade and The Last Story. I was holding out in hopes that the Wii U would upconvert them to 1080p. Guess I will need to go the Dolphin route after all with those titles.
I doubt either will get upgraded. Though I suppose Xenoblade Chronicles isn't out of the question for a Wii U HD upgrade given the developer Monolith just showed some amazing shots of their upcoming Wii U RPG which appears could be Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #848
Special Member

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

Quote:
I guess I just preferred the game-play style it had on the 360/ps3
It was only re-released on PS3, and it played exactly the same as the Wii version.
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vancouver Canucks fan till the day I die! The Cup WILL be ours very soon! Better believe it! Choke on it, haters!
GOLD CANADA GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVD/Bluray collection: http://beefmaster10000.dvdaf.com/owned?rc=1
Old 01-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #849
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
It was only re-released on PS3, and it played exactly the same as the Wii version.
I was referring to standard dead space games
Old 01-27-2013, 02:59 AM   #850
Special Member

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

Quote:
Oh, okay. Sorry then, I guess I just misunderstood.
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vancouver Canucks fan till the day I die! The Cup WILL be ours very soon! Better believe it! Choke on it, haters!
GOLD CANADA GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVD/Bluray collection: http://beefmaster10000.dvdaf.com/owned?rc=1
Old 01-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #851
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Standard Dead Space games weren't released on the Wii, much less starting on the Wii to be ported elsewhere.

I think this convo got radically diverted somehow.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #852
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terjyn View Post
Standard Dead Space games weren't released on the Wii, much less starting on the Wii to be ported elsewhere.

I think this convo got radically diverted somehow.
I know that. point was that the normal dead space games were better gameplay wise, than the version they made for the wii, so that was one of the reasons the wii version didn't sell
Old 01-28-2013, 03:40 AM   #853
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
I doubt either will get upgraded. Though I suppose Xenoblade Chronicles isn't out of the question for a Wii U HD upgrade given the developer Monolith just showed some amazing shots of their upcoming Wii U RPG which appears could be Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
I was hoping for an auto hardware based upgrade with the Wii U... least a minimumal upgrade to a 1080P upscale... but the system doesn't do that on wii titles. When those titles were released, the Wii U rumours were still floating around and I rolled the dice and lost.
A.K.A. Sweet John
Old 01-28-2013, 03:44 AM   #854
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
I was hoping for an auto hardware based upgrade with the Wii U... least a minimumal upgrade to a 1080P upscale... but the system doesn't do that on wii titles. When those titles were released, the Wii U rumours were still floating around and I rolled the dice and lost.
Honestly, Xenoblade Chronicles is the best JRPG of the last generation of consoles and one of the best looking Wii games. I'd still highly recommend picking it up.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #855
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
Honestly, Xenoblade Chronicles is the best JRPG of the last generation of consoles and one of the best looking Wii games. I'd still highly recommend picking it up.
I am planing on getting it right after I finish Ni No Kuni.
A.K.A. Sweet John
Old 01-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #856

Oct 2012

Man I was reading thru this thread and I now want to buy a wii u lol....
Looks cool. I never got the Wii but I do miss mario brothers and those old school games.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #857
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeElite317 View Post
Man I was reading thru this thread and I now want to buy a wii u lol....
Looks cool. I never got the Wii but I do miss mario brothers and those old school games.
Nintendo just makes fun games... and the only place you will get to play them is on the Wii U.

I have no regrets about my Wii U and I prefer the Wii U streaming apps (amazon & netflix) over the build in one that came with my tv, my ps3, and my 360.

Throw the Nintendo made games and the streaming in the apps, games, net to the new controller and it is worth the price.
A.K.A. Sweet John
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #858
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

Agreed, Wii U is pretty good stuff. No regrets at all.

I am definitely getting used to the Gamepad and finding the DS3 lacking when I go back to my PS3... I used to want Sony to use the Vita with PS4/Orbis but now thinking it needs to be bigger. I would like it to be capable of independent operation, though, as well as being compatible with Vita software in addition to filling in controller duty on the Sony 8th gen console.
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
Old 01-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #859
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
AZ

Still not going so well for Nintendo...
At least they made a profit this past quarter I guess...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...k-wii-u-sales/

Quote:
Nintendo Cuts Forecast on Weak Wii U Sales
Comment Now Follow Comments
Nintendo cut sales forecasts for all of its hardware and software today, most notably the Wii U. The company slashed shipping estimates on the WiiU from 5.5 million to 4, and software estimates from 24 million to 16. The company did say that it became profitable in the holiday quarter, however.

The Wii U is definitely the flagship system in Nintendo’s current lineup, and so its troubling news, especially in the wake of the company’s first ever annual loss last year. The original Wii made waves, with gaming traditionalists up in arms about motion controls and legions of new casual gamers lining up to play, but the Wii U is less revolutionary. It’s primarily focused on the gamepad controller, a technology that developers have yet to fully exploit.

News sources also mentions smartphones and casual games, and I think those have a much bigger impact on the industry than most core gamers want to admit. When I see parents trying to keep their 7-year old busy, they don’t buy him a Nintendo console anymore, they just hand him a phone. It’s not the enthusiast market, but it’s the sort of lost market I imagine was crucial to a company like Nintendo in the past.

If anything is going to help the Wii U pick up steam, it will be the wave of software recently announced at Nintendo Direct. The months directly following launch were beginning to look a little bit strained, and there wasn’t a lot of new news to encourage sales until the company announced a slew of titles from a Wind Waker re-release to virtual console, a new Yoshi game, a new Xenoblade and more. They also plan to announce way more at E3. Software exclusives have always been the cornerstone of Nintendo’s business, and those first-party franchises are what is going to make the system a success.

Of course, they’ll have more than a little competition coming up when Microsoft and Sony finally pull back the curtain on their new projects.

Time is the School in Which We Learn
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn

Delmore Schwartz (1913-1966)
Old 01-31-2013, 01:13 AM   #860
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
Still not going so well for Nintendo...
At least they made a profit this past quarter I guess...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...k-wii-u-sales/
this so casual market they keep talking about. I don't see it being of much of effect. I mean I know people who play games on their phones and all of em were free downloads. not one paid. I mean Nintendo would sell x amount less hardware but those people are not the ones buying the games.
wouldnt this also mean that those crappy shovelware titles would move to the phone market leaving better quality games on the consoles.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U