COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Queen Margot (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Inspector Lavardin Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Dexter: The Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Drive Hard (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #1181
Expert Member

Dec 2009
the Dutch Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Yes, the case type now shows up in the description automatically if selecting a case type other than the standard case. Case types are no longer suppose to be added to the title and should be removed if it's currently in the title field.
See Iceman's post here:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2312
Thanks, just as I suspected.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #1182
Contributor

Aug 2011

can u add Bol.com to the list of retialers for excuslives
Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #1183
Contributor

Aug 2011

can u add toys r us and foxconnect.com and hbo stop and Discovery Channel Store to the exclusive store list

Last edited by aaron158; 01-26-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:32 AM   #1184
Power Member

Jan 2008
Covington, KY

Please add "Ready at Dawn" to the list of game developers.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/compan...?company=76339
http://www.ign.com/companies/ready-at-dawn-studios
In 2007, I bought a PS3 for 4 specific titles; in 2014, half of them haven't been released yet.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #1185
Power Member

Jan 2008
Covington, KY

Also need "Xseed Games" for game publishers:
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/compan...?company=76675
http://www.ign.com/companies/xseed-games

and "Mistwalker" for game developers:
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/compan...?company=76394
http://www.ign.com/companies/mistwalker

Surprised the latter wasn't already in the database for its 360 RPGs. Speaking of which, Blue Dragon's got 2 entries:
http://www.blu-ray.com/Blue-Dragon-Xbox-360/109290/
http://www.blu-ray.com/Blue-Dragon-Xbox-360/109399/

with its secondary developer, Artoon, listed in Mistwalker's place.
In 2007, I bought a PS3 for 4 specific titles; in 2014, half of them haven't been released yet.

Last edited by varmintx; 01-28-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #1186
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Sorry for another studio clarification question. Hope this doesn't upset but there has been incosistency in rulings, which leads to confusion for users, and I would like to ask for another clarification.

Echo Bridge recently announced another group of Miramax titles that they're currently bringing to blu-ray within the next several months, many are BBY exclusives starting tomorrow.

Most of these titles are currently listed under Echo Bridge Entertainment (EBHE) as the studio and have recently been added to the database. I spent some time filling in some of the missing information into these recently contributed profiles but the studio was already filled in.

While looking for all of the upcoming EBHE titles I overlooked, Jersey Girl, because it was listed as Miramax for the studio; note this is the first time this title is coming to Blu-ray. Apparently, looking and the profile creation date the title was created back in Jul 07 2011. This was what I would term a "wishlist" title where someone was hoping it would eventually come to blu-ray but there was no known announcement at that time.

I submitted a studio change from Miramax to Echo Bridge Entertainment and received the following response:

Quote:
Reject reason: we\'re leaving all Miramax titles as is, per site owner\'s wishes. Your submissions are much appreciated, so please make the appropriate changes and try again. Thank you!
Thus this brings me to my question. Why would some EBHE Miramax titles be listed under EBHE but others must be left as Miramax? This seems a bit confusing. Shouldn't all of them either be listed as EBHE or all Miramax but not some with EBHE and some with Miramax?

My guess is this specific title is affected because it's an old entry although it was only a "wishlist" title at the time. See where the confusion lies?

EDIT: Grifters is another title currently listed under Miramax.

Last edited by rdodolak; 01-28-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:13 AM   #1187
Expert Member

Apr 2008
-
-

Quote:
My guess is this specific title is affected because it's an old entry although it was only a "wishlist" title at the time. See were the confusion lies?

EDIT: Grifters is another title currently listed under Miramax.
All of the Miramax titles with them listed as the distributor are erroneous (minus the ones with no release date since they are placeholder listings sans distributor at this point - save for Adventureland but I am not sure if that UPC corresponds to when Disney released it or Lionsgate).

As I'm sure everyone knows, Miramax never distributed them. They were originally via Disney and then re-released by Lionsgate or Echo Bridge. For some reason, hundreds were listed accurately but these are blocked from correcting.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #1188
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by abintra View Post
All of the Miramax titles with them listed as the distributor are erroneous (minus the ones with no release date since they are placeholder listings sans distributor at this point - save for Adventureland but I am not sure if that UPC corresponds to when Disney released it or Lionsgate).

As I'm sure everyone knows, Miramax never distributed them. They were originally via Disney and then re-released by Lionsgate or Echo Bridge. For some reason, hundreds were listed accurately but these are blocked from correcting.
Thats what I thought as well but I'm being told otherwise.

What might be coming into play and the source of the confusion is the following, using another studio as an example:

Paramount originally released Zodiac on blu-ray (a profile already existed for this release). WB is releasing this title under a distribution agreement and under a new UPC. In this case the existing profile should remain, since it was a valid release, and a new profile should be created for the WB re-issue. However, in these types of cases on occasion a user modifies the original profile, i.e. changing Paramount to WB, which is incorrect. This specific case has actually happened on some of the existing Paramount titles recently.

I think this might be part of the underlying issue. Since the Jersey Girls profile was created two years ago it might be erroneously perceived that the current profile was a valid release and should be left alone. However, this "wishlist" or placeholder title was never released so the Studio should be changed. Had this title actually been released then, yes, the current profile should be left alone and a new one created but that isn't the case here, to my knowledge.

My view was that the studio should be changed for these specific titles since it was never released. No sense in having one placeholder entry and then creating a second new profile just to have the correct distributor for the actual release.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #1189
Expert Member

Apr 2008
-
-

I think you may have hit on a good summation for a potential miscommunication / misunderstanding with your examples as they are completely accurate but not applicable to the Miramax releases in question. ie. not previously valid releases attempting to be overwritten to reflect a different release but just attempts to correct erroneous info for that exact release (UPC specific).

Like the two you inquired about, The Grifter and Jersey Girl, this isn't about one attempting to overwrite the distributor of a previous valid release to reflect another release (instead of correctly creating a new listing for it) but rather a desire to correct info that is just erroneous. In your examples, The Grifter and Jersey Girl, were originally listed as Miramax instead of Echo Bridge erroneously even though they never had a previous release (let alone Miramax which wouldn't be an accurate distributor for them anyway).

And for what I meant to inquire about, to correct all of the Miramax releases in question (minus the no release date placeholders and Adventureland - which is either Disney or Lionsgate but I just personally don't know which is accurate since it doesn't list a release date and the only UPC hit I can find is DVDProfiler but I don't have a registered account in order to confirm specs / back cover).

To re-iterate, and again with apologies for proceeding with the conversation as if the site wishes them to remain listed under Miramax.. accepted, using the aforementioned Miramax link, all of those releases are currently listed erroneously as being distributed by Miramax. Miramax should be an immediate red flag on its own, given they used to be distributed via Disney and now either Echo Bridge or Lionsgate but never from Miramax.

Other than The Grifter, Jersey Girl and The Crow, the rest were originally distributed via Disney. Then re-released by either EB (eg. The Grifter, Jersey Girl) or LG. For one reason or another, those re-release were attributed to Miramax rather than EB or LG, as the case may be, originally or over time. I gather others have made attempts at correcting it but there is either a misunderstanding that gets them declined due to one thinking valid info is attempted to be overwritten or due to site wishes of them remaining as Miramax contrary to how this field is typically desired to be listed.

All of the ones previously released via Disney are listed as such, distributed by Disney / Buena Vista (too lengthy to link but one can search to confirm if desired). All of those Miramax connected releases are the re-releases, or first time releases, that either EB or LG distributed. The attempt and desire is solely to accurately reflect either EB or LG for those re-releases instead of the erroneous Miramax. Not to overwrite a previous valid release to reflect a new distributor.

Though some place like DVDEmpire isn't 100% reliable, as, like here, they also attach back covers that don't correspond to that specific UPC, one can use them, or other preferred source(s) to confirm each of those listings.

Not to redo previous time and effort entirely but just for an example (from a quick scan all the remaining ones that were declined, other than Jersey Girl and The Grifters, correspond to the LG re-release).

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Extract-Blu-ray/30329/
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...or=1#topoftabs

Thank you kindly rdodolak for bringing up another possibility.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #1190
Power Member

Apr 2008
Bedfordshire, UK

I'm sure I've read this before somewhere, but can no longer find it:
If I want to add a series (eg Alias 1 to 5 boxsets) to my collection, is there a way to add them in bulk than simply "add" and "add to collection" for each series each time?
Sony Bravia KDL-50W656A ~ Sony BDP-S370 ~Toshiba BDX3200 3D ~ Sony PS3 60Gb (250Gb Upgrade) ~ Sony PS4 ~Onkyo HT-S3305
PSN: hobgoblin
Old 01-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #1191
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobgoblin View Post
I'm sure I've read this before somewhere, but can no longer find it:
If I want to add a series (eg Alias 1 to 5 boxsets) to my collection, is there a way to add them in bulk than simply "add" and "add to collection" for each series each time?
The only way I'm aware of is to use the Import feature which can be found under your collection profile. However, you'll have to type in the UPC for each title.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=27985
Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #1192
Power Member

Apr 2008
Bedfordshire, UK

Quote:
The only way I'm aware of is to use the Import feature which can be found under your collection profile. However, you'll have to type in the UPC for each title.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=27985
Thanks
Sony Bravia KDL-50W656A ~ Sony BDP-S370 ~Toshiba BDX3200 3D ~ Sony PS3 60Gb (250Gb Upgrade) ~ Sony PS4 ~Onkyo HT-S3305
PSN: hobgoblin
Old 01-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #1193
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by abintra View Post
...And for what I meant to inquire about, to correct all of the Miramax releases in question (minus the no release date placeholders and Adventureland - which is either Disney or Lionsgate but I just personally don't know which is accurate since it doesn't list a release date and the only UPC hit I can find is DVDProfiler but I don't have a registered account in order to confirm specs / back cover)...
I do have DVDProfiler so I quickly looked up Adventureland. Looks like there have been at least three different blu-ray releases for Adventureland in the US. All three have been released by Disney (BVHE). The bolded one is the one I believe you're referring to since it's missing a release date.

7-86936-76928-9
Disney; Release Date: 8/25/2009; BD + DC; Slipcover

7-86936-79401-4
Disney; Release Date: 8/25/2009; 1 Disc

7-86936-80726-4
Disney; Release Date: 9/28/2010; 1 Disc

I see there are four listings on this site with the fourth being:

0-31398-13449-7
5/3/2011

However, the 0-31398 prefix in the UPC belongs to Lionsgate. The 7-86936 prefix belongs to Disney (BVHE).

EDIT: If you want to look up the Global Company Prefix (GCP) for a company you can use this site.

http://gepir.gs1.org/v32/xx/search_b...spx?Lang=en-US

Note this site uses the GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) which is simply the 13-digit equivalent bar code to the US UPC. For the US GTIN you just append a 0 to the front of the UPC therefore you just need to drop off the first digit, or 0 in this case, from the listed GCP when comparing it to the first 6 digits of the UPC.

Search by name for "Lions Gate Entertainment" and select US for the country. Using the example above, the UPC 031398134497 has a GTIN equivalent of 0031398134497. The GCP is the first seven digits of a GTIN and in this case is 0031398 for Lionsgate and is equivalent to 031398, first six digits, of the UPC.

Searching for "Buena Vista Home Entertainment" you'll see that they have four different GCPs one of which is 0786936 which corresponds to the Disney UPCs listed above.

Last edited by rdodolak; 01-28-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #1194
Expert Member

Dec 2009
the Dutch Mountains

Please delete 36468 and 36469 They are duplicate entries of 35039 and 35040
The fact that they can be ordered From Amazon Canada doesn't mean they're Canadian releases. Same UPC code and release.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #1195

Sep 2012
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prim View Post
I added the Norwegian Blu-Ray edition of Outland (1981) a day (maybe two) ago, and it still isn't in the database. Has there been some error, or is it still pending? I can add it again no problem, but would like to know so I don't accidentally add a duplicate.
I've had some additions pending since Friday afternoon, I assumed the mods just took the weekend off
Old 02-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #1196
Expert Member

Apr 2010
Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimurph1 View Post
I've had some additions pending since Friday afternoon, I assumed the mods just took the weekend off
Alright, I'll just wait and check back later. Thanks
Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #1197

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
I added the Norwegian Blu-Ray edition of Outland (1981) a day (maybe two) ago, and it still isn't in the database. Has there been some error, or is it still pending? I can add it again no problem, but would like to know so I don't accidentally add a duplicate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimurph1 View Post
Quote:
Alright, I'll just wait and check back later. Thanks
The Mods do not add titles to the Data Base That is something the Admins do. It is the weekend so give them a chance, I am sure it will be added soon

I have over 6,000 pending submissions I did over the last 2 days & am not worried about it
Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........

Last edited by crazyBLUE; 02-03-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #1198
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisei View Post
Please delete 36468 and 36469 They are duplicate entries of 35039 and 35040
The fact that they can be ordered From Amazon Canada doesn't mean they're Canadian releases. Same UPC code and release.
they have canadain ratings on the back though and canadain stores sell them so they should be listed under Canada to.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #1199
Expert Member

Dec 2009
the Dutch Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron158 View Post
they have canadain ratings on the back though and canadain stores sell them so they should be listed under Canada to.
Ah, another one of those "we should be able to add multiple countries to one release" cases. Is there actually anything against that?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #1200
Expert Member

Apr 2010
Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisei View Post
Ah, another one of those "we should be able to add multiple countries to one release" cases.
This got me thinking about some of my submissions, especially the Norwegian edition of Outland (1981) which I added recently.

The BD is exactly the same in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland, it has writing on the back to cover all countries, and neither the cover art or the disc has writing in only one of the languages. Is there a rule in play here that it should be added under all four countries, even though all the specs are the same? Because if that's the case, the next time I add a title that is identical in all countries, I might as well add entries for the other countries, if they don't already exist. I actually never thought about this before now.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Tags
iron man 2, mummy, returns