Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Son of Batman (Blu-ray)
$8.00
7 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

You Only Live Twice (Blu-ray)
$3.99
6 hrs ago
The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99

A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #13821
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biddlebidds View Post
I just experienced the same thing with my pc-12 plus last night during battle: los angeles. During the a scene at 1hr 38 minutes when the drone comes up behind the guy and blows him up my sub made multiple popping sounds for about 3 secs. Have any of you fellow svs owners experience the same thing during this scene? Would like to figure out if my sub reached it's limit or if it is just the way the scene is suppose to sound. Everything is set up correctly and my listening volume was at 8.0 db.
My educated guess would be that you a d Spurrier might have them dialed in a little hot . So when a sound track is recorded with the LFE a little higher then others and your subs are dialed in to hot there going pop during those scenes .
H1,Pioneer Kuro PDP-6020FD,Oppo 103,Integra DHC-80.3 Pre/pro, Parasound Halo A52.Power conditioners Panamax M5100-PM & Furman Elite 21PFi , SVS-PB13 Ultra & SVS-PB12 Plus : )Klipsch Reference RF7II's,RC64II ,SR Def tech 450's,Speaker cable Monster bi-wire z2 series and Analysis Super oval 9 ; ) ,HDMI AudioQuest Cinnamon.Interconnects Transparent,King Cobra and Diamond Back XLR's .2ch setup Dynaudio 160s/NAD 356bee/ Halo A21 http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...mber=TheFactor
Old 01-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #13822
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
My educated guess would be that you a d Spurrier might have them dialed in a little hot . So when a sound track is recorded with the LFE a little higher then others and your subs are dialed in to hot there going pop during those scenes .
Mine is not popping during loud scenes but when the volume is turned down real low. Sounds like it is cutting off/on but my PC12 does not do this. My wife says it has done this when the system was not on at all. I have not heard it do this but she says it has.
TV Sammy 58B550 Speakers Totem Forest and M1S center
Receiver Anthem MRX 500 DAC Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 100
Amps-Emotiva XPA-3 W4S STI-500Subs-SVS PC12 Plus(w/Auralex SubDude)&PB12 Plus(w/Great Gramma)
BD Player/CD-Oppo 93 Power Conditioner-Belkin Pure AV PF30 Remote-Harmony One
Mac mini as music server
BDI Avion Noir 8937 A/V stand,ATS acoustic panels
Totem Tress speaker cable
Old 01-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #13823
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Mine is not popping during loud scenes but when the volume is turned down real low. Sounds like it is cutting off/on but my PC12 does not do this. My wife says it has done this when the system was not on at all. I have not heard it do this but she says it has.
Interesting I would for sure contact SVS .I have the old Bash amps in both my subs so I don't know maybe it has something to do with those new digital amps if that's what you have . Something isn't wright though it shouldn't be doing that . I would shoot SVS a email there CS is so good you'll probably get a response back today !
H1,Pioneer Kuro PDP-6020FD,Oppo 103,Integra DHC-80.3 Pre/pro, Parasound Halo A52.Power conditioners Panamax M5100-PM & Furman Elite 21PFi , SVS-PB13 Ultra & SVS-PB12 Plus : )Klipsch Reference RF7II's,RC64II ,SR Def tech 450's,Speaker cable Monster bi-wire z2 series and Analysis Super oval 9 ; ) ,HDMI AudioQuest Cinnamon.Interconnects Transparent,King Cobra and Diamond Back XLR's .2ch setup Dynaudio 160s/NAD 356bee/ Halo A21 http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...mber=TheFactor
Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #13824

Dec 2012
Manitowoc WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd View Post
I just watched that scene at -10dB from reference and no issues here.
Manutd what is your gain set at on your sub? Mine is at -20 on sub and 0.0 db on receiver.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #13825

Dec 2012
Manitowoc WI

Quote:
My educated guess would be that you a d Spurrier mighMyt have them dialed in a little hot . So when a sound track is recorded with the LFE a little higher then others and your subs are dialed in to hot there going pop during those scenes .
My subwoofer is set up exactly as svs recommends volume set a -20 on amp and the sub gain on receiver is set at 0.0 db so i don't see how I would be running it a little hot.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #13826
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
My subwoofer is set up exactly as svs recommends volume set a -20 on amp and the sub gain on receiver is set at 0.0 db so i don't see how I would be running it a little hot.
That popping noise is normally a sign that the sub went past its limits or there's a issue with the driver. I would contact SVS and see what they say . Keep us posted ..
Old 01-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #13827
Power Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Not sure how svs recommends a certain volume setting as that is all dependent on your room. Did you run your auto calibration on your receiver?
Speakers - Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 - 10.CM - 10.DFS
Subwoofers - Dual Svs Sb13 Ultras
Amps - Marantz PM8005 with HTBP and Marantz MM7055
Pre/Pros - Marantz AV7702 and Marantz PM8005
Video - Panasonic 4K 65"AX800U - Sources - PS4 - Mac Mini - Panasonic BDT460
Power and Protection - 2 Panamax 4100 PM
Cabling and Interconnects - Audioquest - DAC - Marantz HD-DAC1
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #13828

Dec 2012
Manitowoc WI

Quote:
That popping noise is normally a sign that the sub went past its limits or there's a issue with the driver. I would contact SVS and see what they say . Keep us posted ..
Will do thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #13829
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by biddlebidds View Post
will do thanks
yw
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #13830
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Do you have the amp on Auto? If so flip it over to always on. There really is not much difference in wattage used.
AL
ďIf at first you don't succeed, try something easier.Ē

Sharp Quattron LC-70LE735U Oppo BDP-103 Pioneer Elite CLD-79 Darbeevision DVP-5000
Denon AVR-4311ci, DR-M10HX Monster HTS-5000 Outlaw Model 750
Klipsch Forte II, RC-62 II, IW-100, KSB 1.1
Velodyne VA 1012 Hsu Research ULS-15 Triple Drive
Old 01-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #13831
Banned

Oct 2007
Michigan

Quote:
Why wold I get an occasional pop from one of my subs?
Quote:
I just experienced the same thing with my pc-12 plus last night during battle: los angeles. During the a scene at 1hr 38 minutes when the drone comes up behind the guy and blows him up my sub made multiple popping sounds for about 3 secs. Have any of you fellow svs owners experience the same thing during this scene? Would like to figure out if my sub reached it's limit or if it is just the way the scene is suppose to sound. Everything is set up correctly and my listening volume was at 8.0 db.
Hey guys I had this same issue awhile back with two of my Klipsch subs. I remember doing two things to remedy, and one of them doesn't sound right, and it more then likely isn't either of your issues.

The first one was I believe I didn't insert the sub plug back into the proper output from the back of my receiver. Of course reason I say it doesn't sound right, I don't know which spot I could have plugged into to have the subs working at all but with popping noise when I turn on/off the receiver.

So, if you guys want to check on the back of your AVR's to make sure they are plugged into sub pre-out, and that they are seated right, that makes a difference.

Also, at the sametime, I was using a splitter for two subs, and this part is making me think of Spurrier Sucks possible problem, and that is too switch out the splitters or change out the sub cable.

Sorry if all sounds crazy, all of this happen when I was new to HT, and it was awhile ago.

From my memory I had plugged it into the wrong pre-out, but right now, I just canít understand how it was possible for the subs to work with them plugged into the wrong pre-out.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #13832
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Do you have the amp on Auto? If so flip it over to always on. There really is not much difference in wattage used.
I bet your wright Al I think you nailed it
Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #13833
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Quote:
8.0 dB

Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 AM   #13834

Dec 2012
Manitowoc WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellB View Post
Not sure how svs recommends a certain volume setting as that is all dependent on your room. Did you run your auto calibration on your receiver?
Yes auto calibration has been ran. I have watched plenty of action movies with lots of bass and never had an issue untill yesterday.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:53 AM   #13835
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMP View Post
Hey guys I had this same issue awhile back with two of my Klipsch subs. I remember doing two things to remedy, and one of them doesn't sound right, and it more then likely isn't either of your issues.

The first one was I believe I didn't insert the sub plug back into the proper output from the back of my receiver. Of course reason I say it doesn't sound right, I don't know which spot I could have plugged into to have the subs working at all but with popping noise when I turn on/off the receiver.

So, if you guys want to check on the back of your AVR's to make sure they are plugged into sub pre-out, and that they are seated right, that makes a difference.

Also, at the sametime, I was using a splitter for two subs, and this part is making me think of Spurrier Sucks possible problem, and that is too switch out the splitters or change out the sub cable.

Sorry if all sounds crazy, all of this happen when I was new to HT, and it was awhile ago.

From my memory I had plugged it into the wrong pre-out, but right now, I just canít understand how it was possible for the subs to work with them plugged into the wrong pre-out.
Quote:
I bet your wright Al I think you nailed it
Turned from auto to on I'll keep you posted. Will be getting a new sub cable soon just to be safe too.
Amps-Emotiva XPA-3 W4S STI-500Subs-SVS PC12 Plus(w/Auralex SubDude)&PB12 Plus(w/Great Gramma)
Mac mini as music server
Old 01-28-2013, 03:07 AM   #13836
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
Turned from auto to on I'll keep you posted. Will be getting a new sub cable soon just to be safe too.
Hope that works for you but Now that I think about I have both my subs on auto and the only time They turn off is with no signal or if the volume is almost muted . Unless you have the volume down pretty low it shouldn't be kicking on and off unless you have the trim on your AVR turned way down .
Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #13837
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

Quote:
Hope that works for you but Now that I think about I have both my subs on auto and the only time They turn off is with no signal or if the volume is almost muted . Unless you have the volume down pretty low it shouldn't be kicking on and off unless you have the trim on your AVR turned way down .
It does it when the volume is down really low,-45 to -50 and trim is set at 0. Didn't hear it tonight after I turned the sub to on so we'll see in the coming days if that solves the problem. Hope so.
Mac mini as music server
Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 AM   #13838
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
It does it when the volume is down really low,-45 to -50 and trim is set at 0. Didn't hear it tonight after I turned the sub to on so we'll see in the coming days if that solves the problem. Hope so.
That sounds like the problem I'd be willing to bet you won't have anymore issues now
Old 01-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #13839
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Quote:
That sounds like the problem I'd be willing to bet you won't have anymore issues now
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #13840
Power Member

May 2011
Earth

http://www.audioholics.com/news/indu...review-contest
Check this out on the PB and SB 1000.
JVC DLA-X35B 3D Projector, Elunevisions Reference 92 inch 4K Tab-Tensioned, Goldenear Triton II's, Goldenear SCXL, Mirage OS1 X4, Mirage Nanosats Prestige X2, Monoprice 4102 in ceiling speakers X2, Power Sound Audio XS30 Dual Opposing 15 Inch Sealed Subwoofer, Onkyo TX-NR 818,Onkyo M-5010, Sony S790 , Belkin Pure AV PF30, Xbox 360 Elite, Onkyo C7030 CD Player, Hitachi 1 TB hard drive,Linksys PLK300,Nexus 7 Tablet.Sennheiser RS160 Earphones. Panasonic A410-32 LED TV. Sony PS4.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers