Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
American Horror Story: Asylum (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Taken 3 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Rose (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Sullivanís Travels (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Continuum: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Bates Motel: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Merchant of Four Seasons (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Cries & Whispers (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Thin Blue Line (Blu-ray)
$22.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #101
Expert Member

Sep 2008
Your Momma, Oklahoma

So how is the AQ & PQ of the Canadian Release??? we are debating on which version... might just pick up both!

J & Jen
Sony XBR-65HX950
Pioneer Elite SC-65
OPPO BDP-83, 93
Klipsch RC-62II, RF-62II's, RS-52's, RB-61II's
Dual SB-2000's
Old 01-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #102
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
Sin City

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoman_99 View Post
So how is the AQ & PQ of the Canadian Release??? we are debating on which version... might just pick up both!

J & Jen
5/5 on both snoman
"We're the Talking Heads...we live across the street"
Old 01-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #103
Power Member

Sep 2009

I am disappointed the US cut is censored. You would think with everything going unrated on home video releases this kinda thing would be unheard of by now. Anyways, placed my order for the Canadian release. I have to have this uncensored. Thank You Canada!...and EONE!
On a never ending mission to stop the spread of BS.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #104
Special Member

Aug 2007
Singapore

also want it, where to order the CA version? thanks

Last edited by SolidBlu; 01-27-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #105
Expert Member

Aug 2010
BodÝ, Norway

http://www.amazon.ca
Old 01-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #106
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

I doubt being uncensored will do much to save this film. How many seconds did Van Damme appear for? Maybe 3 minutes? And then he was covered in makeup like a clown. This script should not have been used for the Universal Soldier franchise. It really ruined it for me.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #107
Expert Member

Sep 2008
Your Momma, Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawq View Post
5/5 on both snoman
Thanks kdawq... probably going to end up with both copies hahaa.

J & Jen
Sony XBR-65HX950
Pioneer Elite SC-65
OPPO BDP-83, 93
Klipsch RC-62II, RF-62II's, RS-52's, RB-61II's
Dual SB-2000's
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #108

Jul 2009

I just finished watching this. Really liked it. My only complaint was the slow then rapid motion in some of the action sequences. Really took me out of the scenes and quite frankly ruined the sequences.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #109

Jan 2011
Idaho
USA Unrated Version Available at Wal-Mart?

Hey I have seen multiple posts about people ordering from Canada to get unrated version but just noticed this on Walmart.com not sure if it is a typo or not, but this also lists inclusion of an Ultraviolet Copy which I don't believe is available elsewhere.

If anyone does pick this up and wants to sell me your unused US digital copy let PM me I will pay $4 for it.

Check it out here:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Universal-...creen/22046635
My Gamer IDs:
Xbox One/360 - Bigbadwolfe911 - PS3/PS4 - Bigbadwolfe143 - Wii U - Bigbadwolfe911
Old 02-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #110
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

The German 3D Blu-ray is GREAT! Plays fine on the PS3, and though the package makes no reference to a 2D version being included, it definitely is, along with a domestic and a foreign trailer, as well as cast and crew interviews. The best part is discovering that its already no longer available for purchase at Amazon.de; apparently it was a limited edition that's already entirely sold out. I don't remember it mentioning that when I bought it at DTM.at, so that makes the purchase even sweeter...'cuz I almost missed it!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #111
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I bought the CA version based on all the comments here. Disappointed that all extras from US release (commentary, documentary) are missing. The movie itself is enjoyable, tho maybe 30mins too long. Nice to see Scott Adkins actually act a bit. Regeneration was better IMO.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #112
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Lee View Post
I bought the CA version based on all the comments here. Disappointed that all extras from US release (commentary, documentary) are missing. The movie itself is enjoyable, tho maybe 30mins too long. Nice to see Scott Adkins actually act a bit. Regeneration was better IMO.
While I haven't seen the film yet myself, I can't imagine cutting 30 minutes would be a good thing (unless you are talking a 3hr+ movie)! You really would prefer this to have been under an hour and a half.
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 02-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #113

Feb 2013

Dont know if this has been posted but this will be available as a steelbook in the UK.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #114
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
While I haven't seen the film yet myself, I can't imagine cutting 30 minutes would be a good thing (unless you are talking a 3hr+ movie)! You really would prefer this to have been under an hour and a half.
I appreciate an action film with a plot but Day of Reckoning is unnecessarily overplotted and the beginning drags so much ass. trimming 30mins would bring it to just under/around 90mins, which is all it needs.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #115
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009

This is a place where you can learn about the (many) continuities of the Universal Soldier franchise (year by year), all about the UniSol biotechnology and technology and much more. More contents will be added over time. Thank you so much!

http://universalsoldiersaga.blogspot.com
X-Continuity
http://x-continuity.blogspot.com
Fixing the X-Men Cinematic Timeline/World!

The Evil Dead Saga Explained!
http://evildeadarmyofdarkness.blogspot.com
Old 09-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #116
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

I thought US: Regeneration was a pretty decent if not particularly memorable lower-budget action flick, but Day of Reckoning IMO destroys it in terms of being a much more interesting and edgy film. Despite what the advertising would like you to think, Scott Adkins is the lead in the film, with JCVD and Dolph Lundgren essentially playing extended cameos. But this is all for the better. Adkins has incredible action chops (check out his blistering extended scrap with Andrei Arlovski, another repeat for this series) and even manages to convey a certain amount of pathos for his character. I can't speak about the other stars for fear of giving out spoilers but I found both the aging veterans a delight, especially JCVD's is-it-funny-or-just-plain-insane rip on
[Show spoiler]Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now
. The inspirations are not hard to spot, but it is still refreshing to see a primarily DTV venture tackling ideas normally considered out of its sphere. In a way the film is even a meta-physical rumination on the B-budget action genre. The screenplay and direction are brilliant. To me this film is better than any of the big league comic book franchise films peddled at regular intervals by the major studios. It has ambitious ideas, incorporating such influences as Philip K Dick and Heart of Darkness, and executes them solidly within the framework of an action film.
Which is not to say that there is any skimp on what the paying public have come to see. If anything the unrated version of the film showcases some of the most brutal onscreen displays of combat - "Holy shit" doesn't begin to cover it.

I definitely have to get this on blu-ray. Sadly there's no single win-win version. The US release from Sony contains a feature commentary and a huge behind-the-scenes making of, but provides only the R-rated version, which is significantly toned down from the unrated cut. Studio Canal's UK blu-ray provides the unrated version, but contains only a few short interview bytes. Damn, I hate when this happens.

Last edited by ravenus; 09-15-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #117
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
I definitely have to get this on blu-ray. Sadly there's no single win-win version. The US release from Sony contains a feature commentary and a huge behind-the-scenes making of, but provides only the R-rated version, which is significantly toned down from the unrated cut. Studio Canal's UK blu-ray provides the unrated version, but contains only a few short interview bytes. Damn, I hate when this happens.
That's why I bought both; I got the 3D German unrated edition when it was first released (and I'm sure glad I did, because it appears to have gone OOP about five seconds after it came out), then about a year later, picked up the U.S. edition when it was on a great sale for $5.99.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America