Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Now: Don Jon $5.99 (5 mins left)
Soon: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatba… $6.96 ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$7.99
13 hrs ago
Captain Phillips (Blu-ray)
$5.99
7 hrs ago
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$7.99
5 hrs ago
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (Blu-ray)
$3.99
6 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray)
$8.99
12 hrs ago
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
17 hrs ago
The King's Speech (Blu-ray)
$3.99
13 hrs ago
You're Next (Blu-ray)
$5.99
10 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$6.99

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
6 hrs ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 12-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #21
Special Member

Jun 2007
Houston,Tx

How good is the PQ on regular DVD I want a Bd player with good upconversion.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:38 PM   #22
Power Member

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapy View Post
This player has the HQV chipset. One of the best out there.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #23

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
It doe's extremely well at upconverting A standerd dvd ! PQ is definately much better !!
Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........
Old 12-26-2008, 10:06 PM   #24
Special Member

Jun 2007
Houston,Tx

this player use the HQV while playing BD's or only work with DVD?
Old 12-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #25

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
this player use the HQV while playing BD's or only work with DVD?
I don't think it use's the HQV chip when you are playing A BD , because you are not upgrading anything !
Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........
Old 12-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #26
Special Member

Jun 2007
Houston,Tx

ok thanks I will wait till price go under $300
Old 12-27-2008, 05:05 AM   #27

Dec 2008

I did verify the input is the same as what the tv is configured to. I installed composite cables into a different input and they work. So now I guess I have to figure out how to confirgure it so it will take hdmi
Old 12-27-2008, 05:24 AM   #28

Dec 2008

they do not have a manual that I can find on the samsung website. The hdmi cables are hooked up to the right inputs but it doesn't work. The componnts do to another input. the blue ray is confirgured to hdmi. am at a loss....
Old 12-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #29

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberiro View Post
they do not have a manual that I can find on the samsung website. The hdmi cables are hooked up to the right inputs but it doesn't work. The componnts do to another input. the blue ray is confirgured to hdmi. am at a loss....
Download the user manual for the BD-P2500. They are the same exact player.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #30
Expert Member

Mar 2008
Athens, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberiro View Post
Did you ever get it working? I had a lot of problems with mine in the beginning, but I finally got it to work.

By the way, the 2550 is Best Buy's version of the 2500. Pretty much the same thing with the exception of Pandora.
"The demons don't like fresh air. What they like best is if you stay in bed with cold feet." -Ingmar Bergman

SAMSUNG PN50B450
SAMSUNG BD-P2500
Sony STR-DG720
Polk Audio RM6750
Old 08-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #31

Aug 2008

We are still using and loving the 2550. I recently hooked up a wireless network and now we get firmware upgrades effortlessly and download from netflix with ease. What a great decision this player was!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #32
Expert Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
We are still using and loving the 2550. I recently hooked up a wireless network and now we get firmware upgrades effortlessly and download from netflix with ease. What a great decision this player was!
Had mine since October '08. However, sometimes when I click on bd-live it tells me this is for only bd-live enabled players and to check my internet connection. Then I try another bd-live disc and it works fine. I'm unable to figure out why sometimes the bd-live features sometimes work/don't work cuz it's definitely not my internet connection...
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal gov't, are FEW and DEFINED."-Madison
TV: Mitsubishi WD-82838
DVR: Directv HR44-200
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP-S780
Gaming Consoles: Microsoft Xbox 360 & One
Remote Control: Logitech Harmony One
Old 12-09-2009, 05:56 AM   #33

Dec 2009
Default Bdp-2550

I'm seeing an ever increasing problem with this player and newer Bonusview encoded movies. First Twilight, and now HP Half Blood Prince are both having the same issue. Its enabled from the get go, and at no point can I turn it off.

I tried the Popup menu - info - popup menu trick, the Info, Cancel trick, it all just doesn't work. During playback, the Bonusview and Cancel buttons are locked out. In the Info menu, the area around the Bonusview video and sound is greyed out, not allowing adjustment. What really odd is that the video is enabled, but the audio is disabled.

Since my kids love both these movies, its frustrating for sure, and I'm at the point where I bought a burner, and just made a copy of Twilight, movie only to get rid of the problem. I don't want to have to go this route, as I don't mind paying the industry for their work, but if it won't work for me, its going to be rent/burn moving forward.

Anyone have similar issues? I've read a ton that older 1XXX Samsung models have issues, but not much about the 25XX ones.

I'm new, so I couldn't start a fresh thread, so I picked what I thought was a relevant one.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #34

Mar 2009
Toronto Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan.klose View Post
Samsung Players generally don't play MP3.. A lot of other Player don't do that either btw..
I own a Samsung 3600. It does play mp3's. I put a song on a usb stick and stick it in and it reconizes and playes.
Receiver Onkyo TX-SR 507
TV Sharp Aquos LC46D64u
Bluray Samsung BD-P3600A
High Def Cable Scientic Alanta 4250HD
Speakers Nuance
Sub Nuance
222DVD 181 Bluray
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 AM   #35

Aug 2008

Just wanted to update:

Our Samsung player locked up, would not play (streaming). We thought it was "belly-up" and replaced it with another Samsung unit because we use streaming a lot. We retired the old unit to the Man-Cave to play DVDs on the old Panasonic CRT. Well, would you believe it woke up again and decided to start streaming again. It's still running strong and a solid performer now that it's recovered from it's spaz attack.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 AM   #36

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Just wanted to update:

Our Samsung player locked up, would not play (streaming). We thought it was "belly-up" and replaced it with another Samsung unit because we use streaming a lot. We retired the old unit to the Man-Cave to play DVDs on the old Panasonic CRT. Well, would you believe it woke up again and decided to start streaming again. It's still running strong and a solid performer now that it's recovered from it's spaz attack.
Probably what revived the player was the fact that you unpluged it for a time to move it. The act of unplugging seems to resolve a lot of issues in these players.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

^^Yep, that's the first thing that the Samsung rep has you do when you call their service department. When I first bought my BD-D5700 I had plenty of trouble with a couple of my son's Disney movies. I think they call this a soft reboot? Anyway, glad it got sorted out. Nothing more frustrating than when something you bought breaks down.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders