COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.80
The Machinist (Blu-ray)
$6.94
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$16.19
Inside Job (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Just Go With It (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #41
Special Member

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
I was really surprised at the Studio Canal movies being there, I was contemplating ordering them online for over twice the price.
Well RCSS gets it's stock from inetvideo and inet carries Studio Canal titles so it's not that big a surprise.

Also I take exception to comparing Studio Canal to Criterion, besides SC having fewer supplements the overall pq of Criterion while not perfect is much better then the typical SC and that includes The Third Man. Although SC's The Man in the White Suite looks promising from what little I have seen.

Last edited by uther; 01-19-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #42

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by uther View Post
Well RCSS gets it's stock from inetvideo and inet carries Studio Canal titles so it's not that big a surprise.

Also I take exception to comparing Studio Canal to Criterion, besides SC having fewer supplements the overall pq of Criterion while not perfect is much better then the typical SC and that includes The Third Man. Although SC's The Man in the White Suite looks promising from what little I have seen.
Has anyone found the third man in the GTA?

One i really want but never see, only SC titles being ladykiller and contempt, i think.........
Old 01-24-2013, 04:18 AM   #43

May 2011
Astoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekoy View Post

One i really want but never see, only SC titles being ladykiller and contempt, i think.........
Keep an eye on INetVideo.ca, I picked it up when it was on sale for $9.99 in October of last year and they frequently repeat their sales.
Fantastic movie, and the transfer is really nice, however there are no subtitles which seemed odd to me.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #44
Special Member

Sep 2008

Quote:

You mean only at RCSS or anywhere else?
Old 01-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #45

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by uther View Post
You mean only at RCSS or anywhere else?
I guess i mean only RCSS, as this is the only place that might have it in dump bins for 9.99, can't imagine Wally bins.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #46

Jan 2009
Vancouverish, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Crossman View Post
Keep an eye on INetVideo.ca, I picked it up when it was on sale for $9.99 in October of last year and they frequently repeat their sales.
Fantastic movie, and the transfer is really nice, however there are no subtitles which seemed odd to me.
I just looked at my copy, shows French and Spanish subtitles, no English though. The blu-ray review says there are English, French and Spanish subtitles, I guess StudioCanal didn't care about catering to hard of hearing English speaking people.

The criterion version only has English subtitles, which does make some sense, seeing as Criterion caters to North America only. Though that would mean they'd cater to Mexico and French Canada... So apparently if you are a French or Spanish speaking person, you need the StudioCanal version. If you are an English person who is hard of hearing, you have to hunt down the stupidly expensive OOP Criterion.

After reading the review, I honestly doubt the transfer difference is significant in any real way, I sometimes wonder with the reviews here... Can you REALLY detect that insignificant of a change between the two?
“Most of the successful people in Hollywood are failures as human beings.” - Brando
Player: HDA30 / PS3 / LG 645 3D BR / Sony S185
Receiver: Sony STR-DH520 (excellent budget receiver!)
TV: LG 55LW5300 3D LED LCD
Speakers: Energy Encore 5.1
Old 01-27-2013, 03:02 AM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
I just looked at my copy, shows French and Spanish subtitles, no English though. The blu-ray review says there are English, French and Spanish subtitles, I guess StudioCanal didn't care about catering to hard of hearing English speaking people.

The criterion version only has English subtitles, which does make some sense, seeing as Criterion caters to North America only. Though that would mean they'd cater to Mexico and French Canada... So apparently if you are a French or Spanish speaking person, you need the StudioCanal version. If you are an English person who is hard of hearing, you have to hunt down the stupidly expensive OOP Criterion.

After reading the review, I honestly doubt the transfer difference is significant in any real way, I sometimes wonder with the reviews here... Can you REALLY detect that insignificant of a change between the two?
That's why I didn't buy the Studio Canal edition, because it had no mention of any English subtitles.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:44 AM   #48

Jan 2009
Vancouverish, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
That's why I didn't buy the Studio Canal edition, because it had no mention of any English subtitles.
Are you hard of hearing? If not, it's WELL worth the $10 investment, especially seeing that unless you are willing to spend a fortune on the criterion blu. Ideal? No. But the only other way would be to uh, we won't go there.
“Most of the successful people in Hollywood are failures as human beings.” - Brando
Old 01-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #49
Special Member

Sep 2008

Quote:
If you cannot tell the difference between little (or no) dnr and lots of dnr plus EE then no. Anyway you look at it Studio Canal is on the bottom rung of pq quality. But that's a discussion for other sub-forums.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #50

Jan 2009
Vancouverish, Canada

The review on The Third man doesn't focus on the transfer being that poor, just that it's not as good as the criterion. Being that this is the only version obtainable, it's easily worth it.

As per the review:

Quote:
[Show spoiler]
In fact, if one had never seen the Criterion release, this version would probably be seen as mostly exemplary. While contrast is noticeably less well modulated here, and blacks especially don't bristle as they do on the Criterion release, sharpness is quite excellent. There may have been some minor digital noise reduction on this release, but there is still abundant grain noticeable
I wonder if previous criterion blu ray titles with stellar masters have better luck going to StudioCanal? I don't believe there have been many at all.

If I could have anything in the movie world, it would be ensuring criterion never loses another copyright. That said, SC tends to be more all-region friendly.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009
Canada

purchased an older alliance release title for $6.99 from multimags nice slipcover, glossy finish, buff up the silver finish and it'll act like a mirror fab four photos included. pq is only 1080i, least aq is 5.1 dts-hd ma good addition for any beatlemaniac inet carries it, but used is more than new
http://find.inetvideo.ca/search?w=a+...w=grid&lang=en
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 108_5704.jpg (91.1 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg 108_5708.jpg (93.1 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 108_5709.jpg (96.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 108_5710.jpg (97.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 108_5711.jpg (95.5 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by rabbit; 01-27-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #52
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Are you hard of hearing? If not, it's WELL worth the $10 investment, especially seeing that unless you are willing to spend a fortune on the criterion blu. Ideal? No. But the only other way would be to uh, we won't go there.
Yes, I'm profoundly deaf in both ears.

Not really keen on spending $100 to $300 on the Criterion edition, it's a good thing I'm a very patient person. I'll just wait. I've watched the movie before though, great movie.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 AM   #53

Nov 2010
Ottawa

So, after placing the order on October 30th, I finally received the last of my B&N order late this week. THe first picture is the complete order (most of which I've now watched already!)

The second picture is my January orders: 1st row from Amazon.ca; 2nd row from Eureka directly; 3rd row from Amazon.fr. All arrived before the last of my B&N order.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0412b.jpg (62.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0414b.jpg (56.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #54
Expert Member

Aug 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by will oneill View Post
So, after placing the order on October 30th, I finally received the last of my B&N order late this week. THe first picture is the complete order (most of which I've now watched already!)

The second picture is my January orders: 1st row from Amazon.ca; 2nd row from Eureka directly; 3rd row from Amazon.fr. All arrived before the last of my B&N order.
How does the Eureka Fear & Desire compare to the Kino release (picture quality and special features)? Also is it Region Free?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #55

Nov 2010
Ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey31 View Post
How does the Eureka Fear & Desire compare to the Kino release (picture quality and special features)? Also is it Region Free?
I can't speak for the picture quality of the Kino, but the Eureka is excellent. I just watched it last nice. I went for the Eureka because while the Kino contains Kubrick's early short "The Seafarers", the Eureka also contains his other two early shorts "The Day of the Fight" and "The Flying Padre". And it has a nice thick booklet of essays.
Unfortunately, it's not region free.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #56
Expert Member

Aug 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by will oneill View Post
I can't speak for the picture quality of the Kino, but the Eureka is excellent. I just watched it last nice. I went for the Eureka because while the Kino contains Kubrick's early short "The Seafarers", the Eureka also contains his other two early shorts "The Day of the Fight" and "The Flying Padre". And it has a nice thick booklet of essays.
Unfortunately, it's not region free.
Thanks for the response. That's a shame, if it was Region Free I would have likely went with the Eureka release then but when it's not, I will wait for a sale on the Kino release.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:53 AM   #57

May 2011
Astoria

Quote:

INetvideo.ca has The Third Man on sale for $14.99 now, not as good as the $9.99 sale a couple weeks ago but still infer $20.00 with shipping.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #58

Nov 2010
Vancouver Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Crossman View Post
INetvideo.ca has The Third Man on sale for $14.99 now, not as good as the $9.99 sale a couple weeks ago but still infer $20.00 with shipping.
If you're looking for this on Van. Island.......RCSS in Duncan still has quite a few, along with Lady Killers. (This was last weekend)
Old 05-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009
Canada

bump purchased one PV title from Multimags at $6.99 casing, insert and disc was still mint it's not the 3D release, but still provides stunning imagery and good acoustics narration by robert redford, songs and music by dave mathews band short run time of 45mins, printed on back cover, b-r.com has it at 40 1080p and dts-hd ma 5.1, breathtaking imax nice interior and disc art
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 108_9900.jpg (95.6 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 108_9902.jpg (96.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 108_9903.jpg (93.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 108_9904.jpg (96.8 KB, 32 views)
Old 07-23-2013, 01:46 AM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009
Canada

purchased one title from MusiGo $19.99 for a 'pré-écoute', previously played a store in laval, they also sell cd's, vid games, dvd's, dv quoi blu's as well, $4.99-$9.99 range, and more $ for specialty sets. some products were stickered with the infamous inetvideo labels to the purchase, nice slipcover, glossy finish, embossed front and spines maul in your face 3-disc set, cool art work. fold out sheet for episode titles and wanted poster they also had a copy of Oz single disc with slip for $9.99
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 109_0999.jpg (93.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 109_1012.jpg (98.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 109_1013.jpg (99.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 109_1010.jpg (89.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 109_1015.jpg (99.4 KB, 27 views)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals