Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Duck Dynasty (PS3)
$19.99

Fifa 15 (PS3)
$53.61

Diablo III (PS3)
$33.78
59 min ago
Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3)
$50.18
15 hrs ago
Just Dance 2015 (PS3)
$34.29

NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition (PS3)
$28.99

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (PS3)
$52.62

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3)
$29.99

Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition (PS3)
$50.61

One Piece Unlimited World Red (PS3)
$32.26
12 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99

GRID Autosport (PS3)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 AM   #361
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post

Those who are interested in the Amazon Giffy.

Here are his stats after the 1st morph at lvl 1.

atk: 70
def: 53
Mag A: 43
Mag D: 31
Acc: 36
Eva: 42
That's really strong for a level 1. Does he have two evolutions like other familiars? The only real drawback is the somewhat lackluster magic resistance (I'm assuming it doesn't scale up very well even when he gains levels).
PS3: 100+ games, 100+ movies. Pure HD bliss!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #362
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemage View Post
That's really strong for a level 1. Does he have two evolutions like other familiars? The only real drawback is the somewhat lackluster magic resistance (I'm assuming it doesn't scale up very well even when he gains levels).
Here are the final forms...

I went with the blu one (Griffanator) and his lvl 7 stats are...

atk 161
def 122
m atk 99
m def 66
acc 74
eva 92

Leveling nice so far.

I did lvl the red one (Griffurnace) just for fun and at 7 had the following stats...

atk 154
def 129
m atk 99
m def 66
acc 74
eva 92
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner
Old 01-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #363
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:

atk 161
def 122
m atk 99
m def 66
acc 74
eva 92

Leveling nice so far.

I did lvl the red one (Griffurnace) just for fun and at 7 had the following stats...

atk 154
def 129
m atk 99
m def 66
acc 74
eva 92
Thanks. Seems strong, but as I thought, even in final evolution, his magic defense stays anemic (which is a shame because most of the really hard stuff in the game throws magic at you).

For comparison's sake, I've been working on evolving Hullaballoon. Got 3 of them up to second form at around level 23, and with equipment they're around 170 defense and 200 magic defense. Still need to get them to 25 to learn their last form 2 skill, then time to upgrade them to final evolution, so we'll see where they end up.

Last edited by Icemage; 01-27-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #364
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81

Quote:

I went with the blu one (Griffanator) and his lvl 7 stats are...

atk 161
def 122
m atk 99
m def 66
acc 74
eva 92

Leveling nice so far.

atk 154
def 129
m atk 99
m def 66
acc 74
eva 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemage View Post
Thanks. Seems strong, but as I thought, even in final evolution, his magic defense stays anemic (which is a shame because most of the really hard stuff in the game throws magic at you).

For comparison's sake, I've been working on evolving Hullaballoon. Got 3 of them up to second form at around level 23, and with equipment they're around 170 defense and 200 magic defense. Still need to get them to 25 to learn their last form 2 skill, then time to upgrade them to final evolution, so we'll see where they end up.
Is there certain things you can feed him to up his Magic Defense?
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
Old 01-28-2013, 02:44 AM   #365
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Damn Raijin, how many hours are you in? I like to purposely slow play games I love and longed for, as I don't want them to end! I got it on release day and am around 9 hours in. Couldn't play for two days straight though. Right now I'm saved right behind I get my first party member.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:09 AM   #366
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
Yes, you can feed him items to increase it a bit. It's going up quick though... Already in the 100s and the early teens.

Per the guide, the following have the highest magic def in the game.

Hullabaloon-Water Balloonatic max 399
Lagoon Naiad-Lesser Spotted max 345
Sillymander-Petramander max 401

Most warrior/damage/thief type have a max in the 125-180 range.

Most magic have a max in the range 275-330.

Rest have a max 180-225Ish range.

Max is at lvl 99

Griffy is not in the guide, but I guess that we would end up in the 225-275 range since that is the avg for the Aves Fimiliars.
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Old 01-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #367
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
Damn Raijin, how many hours are you in? I like to purposely slow play games I love and longed for, as I don't want them to end! I got it on release day and am around 9 hours in. Couldn't play for two days straight though. Right now I'm saved right behind I get my first party member.
I am 15 Hours in. Just got the ship. Griffy on his final form only because he has always been in my party. None of my other fimiliars are even close to thier final form.

And I swear that 2-3 of those hours were just in catching 3 of the balloon guys and the quest in the sands where you need to catch the two different types of the banana guys. Those things took forever.
A.K.A. Sweet John

Last edited by RaijinUT; 01-28-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:12 AM   #368
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
Sure, you can feed any creature any food you like to increase their stats (but only specific foods will improve your bond rating with each creature).

By the by, I just got one of my Balloonatics to level 25 so he can upgrade to final form:

Water Balloonatic

Hot Air Balloonatic

Amazing for keeping you and your team alive because it's one of the few monsters that has strong physical and magical defense.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #369
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
I am 15 Hours in. Just got the ship. Griffy on his final form only because he has always been in my party. None of my other fimiliars are even close to thier final form.

And I swear that 2-3 of those hours were just in catching 3 of the balloon guys and the quest in the sands where you need to catch the two different types of the banana guys. Those things took forever.

Right now I'm 9.5 hours in and doing the trials. I'm not sure how I feel about the AI controlling my second character and familiar. I have a feeling they'll get aggro'd over Mitey and get killed.

Btw, can you feed a familiar infinitely? I'm afraid to feed any one anything right until I know. And also, are the gold DLC characters skins that override the current characters or entirely different familiars? I have the gold Mitey and don't know if he will start at lv1 or not.

Finally, I'm looking for the amazon Griffy code! I have a flutterby to trade!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #370
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Btw, can you feed a familiar infinitely? I'm afraid to feed any one anything right until I know.
I think each familiar can get 10 extra stat points from feeding for each level of bond, and you can get up to 5 bond levels depending on what you feed it. So maximum of 50 points if you feed it right.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:57 AM   #371
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City

Quote:
Right now I'm 9.5 hours in and doing the trials. I'm not sure how I feel about the AI controlling my second character and familiar. I have a feeling they'll get aggro'd over Mitey and get killed.

Btw, can you feed a familiar infinitely? I'm afraid to feed any one anything right until I know. And also, are the gold DLC characters skins that override the current characters or entirely different familiars? I have the gold Mitey and don't know if he will start at lv1 or not.

I am only two quests ahead of you. Volcano is up next for you, then the ship one.

As for feeding, I think you can feed them till they are full... but you can only increase their stats a total of ten per bond level. You will hit the capped increase limit way before they are full too.

Check your Wizard's book for feeding... It shows you want to feed each type.

And the fimiliars bond level/ status increase limits do not reset when you morph.

The gold ones do start at lvl 1 and go through all of the morphs. I think the gold ones are visual upgrades only.
A.K.A. Sweet John

Last edited by RaijinUT; 01-28-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #372
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
San Antonio, TX

Quote:
I am only two quests ahead of you. Volcano up next, then the ship one.

As for feeding, I think you can feed them till they are full... but you can only increase their stats a total of ten per bond level. You will hit the capped increase limit way before they are full too.

Check your Wizards book for feeding... It shows you want to feed each type.

And the fimiliars bond level/ status increase limits do not reset when you morph.

The gold ones do start at lvl 1 and go through all of the morphs. I think the gold ones are visual upgrades only.
I guess I have been playing longer than I thought I was. I have over 18 hours in already. I just finished the 1st part of Hamelin. The guide says it is somewhere in the middle of chapter 4.

So far I only have 2 of my characters leveled up completly. My Mite now leveled up to a Dynamite that is currently a level 18 and I have a Shonky-Honker maxed out as a Honky-Tonker and he is currently a level 6.

Has anyone found a trick to recruit more familiars? I may go an hour and never recruit one and then I had a battle earlier where I recruited 2 in the same fight. I am just wondering if there is a way to improve my odds.
PSN: ratandjmt
Old 01-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #373
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
I am only two quests ahead of you. Volcano is up next for you, then the ship one.

Check your Wizard's book for feeding... It shows you want to feed each type.

I actually just redeemed my golden tickets, all but Griffy. I swapped out my Mitey with the shinymitey. How can I confirm their bond levels, that this gold one likes me just like the starter one?

Also, how the hell do you get the gold powers ups in battle? Still haven't figured that out.

P.S. I back traveled near the dark woods and used the bridge. Hot damn I got wiped in two hits, after I felt like the shit kicking everyone's ass in the desert!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #374
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:

I'm at the exact same point in the game as you (about 14 hours so far); it's funny because I felt the same way about having two different parties, I guess it will take a little getting used to.
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #375
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratandjmt View Post
Has anyone found a trick to recruit more familiars? I may go an hour and never recruit one and then I had a battle earlier where I recruited 2 in the same fight. I am just wondering if there is a way to improve my odds.
Do lots and lots of quests. There is a Merit Stamp reward closer to the end of the game that gives you improved odds of recruitment, but to unlock it you need to unlock all of the tiers above it. There are 3 lines of rewards, each line below will only unlock after you've purchased ALL of the upgrades above it.

Quote:
I actually just redeemed my golden tickets, all but Griffy. I swapped out my Mitey with the shinymitey. How can I confirm their bond levels, that this gold one likes me just like the starter one?
Go to the Creature Cage from the menu (, center option). The number of hearts on the meter on the right will show you the strength of your bond (and any progress towards a new bond level, if you've fed the creature the right foods).

Quote:
Also, how the hell do you get the gold powers ups in battle? Still haven't figured that out.
Gold glims appear at random after any "Nice!" result.
* Nice! from a critical hit in combat is rare, and gold glims from that are even rarer, but they do happen every once in a blue moon.
* Nice! from interrupting an enemy special skill (hitting them when the blue "!" is above their head) can also generate a gold glim, but it's also very rare.
* Nice! from defending against an enemy special attack is the most common way to get a gold glim. Doesn't happen much against normal enemies, but it is very frequent when avoiding boss special attacks, especially their area effect attacks. The Defend and Evade skills can both do this. Defend has a longer time window of protection, but you'll take a bit of damage. Evade will let you avoid the damage entirely if you time it properly, but the window of invincibility is very short - about 1 and a half seconds or so.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #376
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Thank you Icemage!

I've been nervous about feeding any of them, that if there is a cap, I could feed them the 'wrong' food, boosting stats that aren't the most beneficial for a particular familiar, then capping the food, not allowing me to boost beneficial stats.

We need more Kuni talk here!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #377
Special Member

Dec 2007

Quote:
Thank you Icemage!

I've been nervous about feeding any of them, that if there is a cap, I could feed them the 'wrong' food, boosting stats that aren't the most beneficial for a particular familiar, then capping the food, not allowing me to boost beneficial stats.

I made that mistake. My poor Mite. Oh well. I have made him stronger now. I'll do better on my next play through
PSN: GodsFavorite
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #378
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:
Thank you Icemage!

Wasn't aware of this! Luckily I was paying attention to what strengths my familiars had, so I have only been trying to boost those particular attributes.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #379
Special Member

Dec 2007

my mistake was not feeding my familiar until it was full. I will never do that again
PSN: GodsFavorite
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #380
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezcobar411 View Post
my mistake was not feeding my familiar until it was full. I will never do that again
Wait a minute, I thought we WEREN'T supposed to feed them until they are full! Please tell me I didn't misread that part when it was explained!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
ghibli, level 5, studio