Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #2801
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
East of Seattle

After watching the featurette on Super 8 about Michael Giacchino scoring the movie I hope he does Star Wars Ep. VII.

He is already heavily influenced by JW and he does a great job. Almost like a changing of the guard.
No TV, No Facebook, No Smartphone, No Texting, No Social Media, No Credit Card, No Debit Card, No Passwords or user names, No Google (start page) One VPN e mail. Only Blu-ray.com because they will not delete my account. FUVK! Stop being a slave. This is the only place I am allowed to post. Write your congressman and stop me. This is all true
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #2802
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008

I think Avatar is one of those non-recurring phenomenons where everyone goes to see a film because of the technology and visuals, and the momentum sort of builds and drags people along with it who otherwise don't go to the movies. Personally, I think everyone got their fill the first time around -- I don't remember the "extended cut" making much of a blip in theaters -- and seeing the film on cable strips the "wow" factor out of it, exposing that god-awful screenplay for what it is. Not saying Avatar 2 and 3 won't make money, but it won't pull the numbers as the first film.

I wouldn't be scared of it at all.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #2803
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
After watching the featurette on Super 8 about Michael Giacchino scoring the movie I hope he does Star Wars Ep. VII.

He is already heavily influenced by JW and he does a great job. Almost like a changing of the guard.
Yes, but if Super 8 has one flaw, it's the score, which is unmemorable and lacks personality, the exact oppposite of John Williams. I don't know why Giacchino is aces when he's scoring for Pixar, but somehow seems to fade into the background when he's scoring for live action.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #2804
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesKurtovich View Post
Star Wars would destroy POTC. It should be separated from Avatar 2, though!

I'm glad to hear that JJ is resisting pressure on a set date. That means he's approaching this with the right intention.
Hes a bettre choice than some of the names I had heard. I liked, not loved the new Star Trek so there is potential here. Keeps fingers crossed.....
Pioneer 5080 KURO
Samsung UN6500 LED
LG BD-570, Sony BDP-S360, PS 3
Toshiba A30 & A2
Sony STRDG-AV 810
Polk TSi 300's, M10's, RM8, PSW110
Harmony 510
Old 01-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #2805
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Source? The script has been well in development for some time now. We are over a two and half years from that date, it would be easy to meet.
IGN and hollywood reporter are reporting that Abrams has not committed to the 2015 release date

Quote:
J.J. Abrams being named director of Star Wars: Episode VII has dominated movie talk for the last week, but could the project be delayed?

When the sequel was first announced last year, Lucasfilm set 2015 as the year of release.

But The Hollywood Reporter claims that isn’t as set in stone as first suggested, their sources saying “Abrams has not committed to that release date, meaning the date could be changed if the development process requires it.”

THR also shed some light on the courting of J.J., explaining “Abrams said in November that he wasn't interested in taking over the venerable franchise from creator George Lucas. But sources tell THR that Kennedy contacted Abrams in early January and went to visit the filmmaker at the Santa Monica offices of his Bad Robot production company. Kennedy is said to have won over the filmmaker with her pitch.”
7/23/2012 - The day justice was served to PSU

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #2806
Power Member

Jan 2009
Canada

Just hope the plot doesn't revolve around some mysterious box that "can't be opened lest the universe fall into darkness".
Don't like it?
Don't buy it.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #2807
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
IGN and hollywood reporter are reporting that Abrams has not committed to the 2015 release date
Which means nothing. Welcome to the next two years, folks, with simple sentences being blown way out of proportion. Not committing to a date doesn't mean anything other that there's no date the director has signed off on yet. That's it. That's all it means. Doesn't mean the film isn't coming in 2015. Doesn't mean the film is coming in 2016. End of story.

EDIT

Oh, and "IGN reporting" only means they read the same trade article as everyone else.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #2808
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
Which means nothing. Welcome to the next two years, folks, with simple sentences being blown way out of proportion. Not committing to a date doesn't mean anything other that there's no date the director has signed off on yet. That's it. That's all it means. Doesn't mean the film isn't coming in 2015. Doesn't mean the film is coming in 2016. End of story.
I am aware of that i was just answering the question which was asking for a source to the rumors JJ hadn't committed.

RIP Art Modell - You may have killed the city of Cleveland when you moved the Browns to Baltimore, but your visions did give us the Ravens.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #2809
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertron View Post
J.J is the chosen one, he will bring balance to the "force", between the Star Wars fans and the Trekkies.
Exactly.

He made Star Trek cool. So now hopefully, he'll make a Star Wars movie that's cool too since those last three were made for little kids.

The longer the delay the better. No film should ever be rushed.

An awesome scene in a new Star Wars movie would be some space battle and the Enterprise comes swooping in to save the day a la Millenium Falcon from A New Hope.

Last edited by toddly6666; 01-28-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #2810
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Abrams better not take 4 damn years to get this made. With a studio like Disney backing him and practicaly a blank check, plus, script already in development it shouldn't take more than three years max.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #2811
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
Abrams better not take 4 damn years to get this made. With a studio like Disney backing him and practicaly a blank check, plus, script already in development it shouldn't take more than three years max.
Agreed. I think we'll probably see it late 2015, early 2016 at the latest.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #2812
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Agreed. I think we'll probably see it late 2015, early 2016 at the latest.
It'll be a May release. May 2015, or May 2016.

Last edited by Ernest Rister; 01-28-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #2813
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
If they want to go for May, it'll probably be 2016. I don't see them doing it the same month as 'The Avengers 2'. So I'd gamble 2016 then.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Old 01-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #2814
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

To keep continuity hasn't every Star Wars film been released around Memorial Day?

Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #2815
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
If the script sucks hes going to change it, I'm going to assume he didn't take the deal without some semblance of creative control.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #2816
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
To keep continuity hasn't every Star Wars film been released around Memorial Day?
Yep. So I'd say probably 2016, but maybe 2015 if they really want it out that year. Just seems like it might be weird releasing it the same month as 'Avengers 2', considering both are Disney.

Quote:
If the script sucks hes going to change it, I'm going to assume he didn't take the deal without some semblance of creative control.
I doubt the script sucks. Arndt is an excellent writer, and all his movies have been very well written and made. I'm sure he just wants to make sure that it's completely set and ready to go. Because it sounds like whatever the story is has already been decided by Kennedy, so it's just a matter of how it's done. But I don't think Arndt's draft will get thrown out.
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #2817
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Chicago

Quote:

If it is a May release, no chance it would be 2015 I assume. Disney would be ridiculous to release this and Avengers 2 in the same month.

I wouldn't be surprised if this came in a month like July, when the Avengers money starts to die down they can hit another home run at the box office.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #2818
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

They will not rush Episode VII, this is intended to create a sustainable blockbuster franchise for the next decade and billions are at stake for Disney's future revenues. That's why they haven't set a date. Disney can wait an extra year or two if they think Abrams needs it.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #2819
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanderson88 View Post
If it is a May release, no chance it would be 2015 I assume. Disney would be ridiculous to release this and Avengers 2 in the same month.

I wouldn't be surprised if this came in a month like July, when the Avengers money starts to die down they can hit another home run at the box office.
Won't be July, because POTC 5 is coming out that month, and Star Wars would destroy it. Disney won't tank one of their own. When all this was announced back in October they intended this to be a 2015 release and already knew Avengers 2 was coming out in May so I'd say they aren't going to stick to the May release tradition. Star Wars films from here on out will probably be either a Summer or Winter property depending on Disney's release schedule of the year of release. This is no longer a single man's indie project. Its a franchise owned by a LARGE corp. Expect tradition to give way to what is most profitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
They will not rush Episode VII, this is intended to create a sustainable blockbuster franchise for the next decade and billions are at stake for Disney's future revenues. That's why they haven't set a date. Disney can wait an extra year or two if they think Abrams needs it.
Well, then they shouldn't have said 2015 for the past 5 months. Shouldn't have given a year at all.

Last edited by Cook; 01-28-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #2820
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

This is what Carrie Fisher is looking like right now. I think she looks good, given her age and her reckless lifestyle. I bet she'll look even better when Episode 7 starts shooting.

* No Episode 7 information in the video *
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
star wars