Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$4.99
5 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
13 hrs ago
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
2 hrs ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Insider Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #221
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlost1 View Post
Roll your eyes all you want. As a fan of animation in general MLP: FIM is just great animation and the story lines have things in there specifically for older fans of the show which is how it gained it's fan base. Anyone who won't give it a chance because they think it's a show only for little girls is quite narrow minded.

EDIT: To make it clear I'm not calling Cliff a liar but IMO there's money to be made from releasing this on blu. I know I would double dip if out came out on blu.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
I know aaaalll about this.

I was in the fandom, then left, because it was complete and utter chaos, and for a show about friendship, an extremely large amount of very unfriendly characters.

And yes, there is certainly money to be made, but is it enough to warrant a blu ray? Blu rays are very expensive to produce, and once all the blu ray capable members of the fandom have their copies, has it sold enough to warrant a blu ray?

Like Cliff said earlier, unless you're Disney, you dont exactly sell blu rays off the shelves like hot cakes, and I don't think young girls or really any one outside the fandom is going to go for the blu ray in a Wal Mart or wherever it is average American parents shop.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:42 AM   #222
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Redding, CA
Default Lovin the extras

I am a huge fan of special features as a whole. Interviews, trailers, behind-the-scenes footage, etc. I'm truly loving your interviews on your Scream titles. I personally would love to see more interviews or just longer interviews would be fantastic. I imagine the time you have to sit and film these cast and crew members is limited but me personally, I can never get enough. The Keith David interview on THEY LIVE was great in that it was a general overview of his career and very informative. Cliff, keep that momentum up. These discs are amazing.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #223

Jan 2013

Hello!

It would be really great to have both movies of "The Terror Within" on remastered blu-ray. Do you think they can be released in the not too distant future?

Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #224
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

Hey, is there any news concerning a U.S. release for Walter Hill's Southern Comfort on Blu-ray?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #225

Sep 2010
Toronto, Canada

Hi Cliff,

This is not a Blu-ray question but a DVD one...and one that is already available online only.

Simon & Simon: Seasons 5 thru 8 are not available for reasonable prices to Canada due to outrageous shipping fees. Will these sets ever be available in the retail market so that we can complete our collections? Seems unfair to release only the first 4 seasons in the stores and then shut us out of the remaining seasons.
Recently Watched: Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963), Mulholland Falls, Saturn 3

"Now I have a machinegun. HO-HO-HO"

Old 02-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #226
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Cliff,

Have you ever had any luck licensing titles from Disney?

As a follow up, would Brain Dead (the 1990 film with Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton), currently available on DVD from Buena Vista Home Entertainment, ever be a possibility for Shout! / Scream Factory?

Thanks.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #227

Jan 2013
Hanko, Finland

Cliff, Any chance of getting "Bells" and/or "The Rise and Fall of Idi Amin" released?

Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #228

Mar 2007
Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac View Post
Any scanning costs more than doing a telecine film transfer.
And I'll assume the cost difference is significant, but, aw, rats. Thanks.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #229

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Seymour Love View Post
Hey Cliff, will the transfer on Rolling Thunder be different than the Region B blu? Also, have you guys looked into releasing The Lover, River's Edge, or Summer Lovers?
SUMMER LOVERS sure would be nice. Blu-ray would serve it very well. Sorry to see it shot down so quickly.

Last edited by jah13; 02-09-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:43 AM   #230
Special Member

Jun 2011
Green Bay, WI

Cliff, after the complete series of Rockos Modern Life rolls out, what are the plans for future Nickelodeon releases? Could we see complete series sets of Aaahh!!! Real Monsters and Angry Beavers since their finals season are coming due? Any chance at all for, say, Are You Afraid of the Dark or other live action shows from that era?

Thank you for all of your hard work

Old 02-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #231
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcatalano View Post
Cliff, after the complete series of Rockos Modern Life rolls out, what are the plans for future Nickelodeon releases? Could we see complete series sets of Aaahh!!! Real Monsters and Angry Beavers since their finals season are coming due? Any chance at all for, say, Are You Afraid of the Dark or other live action shows from that era?

Thank you for all of your hard work
Nothing on the schedule

Old 02-10-2013, 03:56 AM   #232
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
Cliff,

Have you ever had any luck licensing titles from Disney?

As a follow up, would Brain Dead (the 1990 film with Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton), currently available on DVD from Buena Vista Home Entertainment, ever be a possibility for Shout! / Scream Factory?

Thanks.
We have licensed from them - my so called life.

No Brain Dead

Old 02-10-2013, 03:57 AM   #233
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallohunter View Post
Cliff, Any chance of getting "Bells" and/or "The Rise and Fall of Idi Amin" released?
No, sorry

Old 02-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #234
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Hi Cliff,

This is not a Blu-ray question but a DVD one...and one that is already available online only.

Simon & Simon: Seasons 5 thru 8 are not available for reasonable prices to Canada due to outrageous shipping fees. Will these sets ever be available in the retail market so that we can complete our collections? Seems unfair to release only the first 4 seasons in the stores and then shut us out of the remaining seasons.
I don't think so

Old 02-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #235
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkynetTX View Post
Hello!

It would be really great to have both movies of "The Terror Within" on remastered blu-ray. Do you think they can be released in the not too distant future?
No, sorry

Old 02-10-2013, 03:59 AM   #236
Shout Factory Insider

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
Hey, is there any news concerning a U.S. release for Walter Hill's Southern Comfort on Blu-ray?
Not from us.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #237

Aug 2012
Pennsylvania

Would Shout Factory be able to license the rights to the 1986 ABC TV movie 'A Smoky Mountain Christmas'. It has Lee Majors and Dolly Parton in it. It's never seen a DVD release and the VHS was released by I think Fox. I know you released 'An American Christmas Carol' with last year on Blu-Ray and thought that it would maybe be possible to get this as well.
Blu-Ray Wishlist
A Smoky Mountain Christmas, Foul Play, Psycho IV, 9 to 5,The Best Little Wh**ehouse in Texas,Panic Room, Prancer, One Magic Christmas, Mommie Dearest,The Witches,Red Eye,What Lies Beneath, Xanadu, Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway, Bewitched (TV Series)
Blue
iamamiwhoami
November 10th

Old 02-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #238

Jan 2013
Unhappy The Terror Within I - II

Quote:
No, sorry
Bad news. These movies are pretty bad and I'd like to have them on Blu-ray. And the first movie exists on remastered DVD yet.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #239

Feb 2010

MGM controls most of the Hemdale library, AFAIK...any chance of these Hemdales coming from Shout?

Altman's IMAGES
STRANGE BEHAVIOR
AT CLOSE RANGE
THE FALCON AND THE SNOWMAN

Lamont Johnson's CATTLE ANNIE AND LITTLE BRITCHES, a fine Western with an amazing cast that has never been released on any home format in the States.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #240

May 2007

Quote:
Halloween

Does Anchor Bay still hold the rights to this? For some reason I assumed they would have bounced around by now.

Thanks for the great Scream Factory blus, as well as the Get A Life set on DVD.

Can we expect more Universal John Carpenter movies in the offing? My copy of They Live needs a Prince Of Darkness to go with it.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Insider Discussion

Tags
scream factory, shout factory