Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.30
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$75.49
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.68
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Technology, News and General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
banibale banibale is offline
Active Member
 
banibale's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
BRONX, NY
35
12
Default any thoughts on the 80-inch LC-80LE844U 1080p LED 3D

Hi... I'm looking for a tv over 70" inch, I've visited Many stores to see what I like, I'm Aware that the top of the line tv sets are the sharp elites and the panasonic vt30|vt50..
in the store Where I saw it the "homer simpson" in me took over my self LOL and I couldn't stop staring at it just like every other mens there!.. what do you guys think of this huge 80" BAD BOY?

Sharp AQUOS 80" LE844 Series LED Black Flat Panel HDTV - LC80LE844U Full Array LED, Quattron, 3D, AquoMotion 480, SmartCentral, WiFi Built-In

Sharp-80-inch-3D-LED-HDTV.jpg


http://www.tech2online.com/hi-fi-tvs...v-lc-80le844u/

Sharp-80-inch-3D-LED-HDTV.jpg
combo setup :110 " Elite Screens TE110HW2-E24 Motorized EPSON 5020UB 3D projector with OPPO 103 || TV: 70" Sony KDL-70R550A with OPPO 93|| PS4||XBOX ONE ||WII U (black) ||PS3 80G || Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Receiver || speakers: Infinity P363BK (2). || Infinity PC351BK (center). | (4) JBL ES10B || Infinity PS410BK subs (2).| Monster Power HDP2500 Power Center || Harmony 1100

Last edited by banibale; 04-01-2012 at 04:10 AM. Reason: details
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
keb33509 keb33509 is offline
Special Member
 
keb33509's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
443
34
Default

It's nice, but I would rather blow double the money on the 4xHD 84" passive set in July.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
banibale banibale is offline
Active Member
 
banibale's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
BRONX, NY
35
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 View Post
It's nice, but I would rather blow double the money on the 4xHD 84" passive set in July.
Yes .. Will be nice! .. But 12$ k and $7k for the oled is too much for me. The 84lm9600 price is 12k us $.. For the first 6 months and then 10 $ k, the 80 sharp is just 4,600 if find the right seller online.
combo setup :110 " Elite Screens TE110HW2-E24 Motorized EPSON 5020UB 3D projector with OPPO 103 || TV: 70" Sony KDL-70R550A with OPPO 93|| PS4||XBOX ONE ||WII U (black) ||PS3 80G || Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Receiver || speakers: Infinity P363BK (2). || Infinity PC351BK (center). | (4) JBL ES10B || Infinity PS410BK subs (2).| Monster Power HDP2500 Power Center || Harmony 1100
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
Big3dfan Big3dfan is offline
Expert Member
 
Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banibale View Post
Hi... I'm looking for a tv over 70" inch, I've visited Many stores to see what like, I'm Aware that the top of the line tv sets are the sharp elites and the panasonic vt30|vt50..
in the store Where I saw it the "homer simpson" in me took over my self LOL and I couldn't stop staring at it just like every other mens there!.. what do you guys think of this huge 80" BAD BOY?
It's looks puny in front of my 120"
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #5
banibale banibale is offline
Active Member
 
banibale's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
BRONX, NY
35
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3dfan View Post
It's looks puny in front of my 120"
Can you watch your projector in broad day light or a bright living room?
combo setup :110 " Elite Screens TE110HW2-E24 Motorized EPSON 5020UB 3D projector with OPPO 103 || TV: 70" Sony KDL-70R550A with OPPO 93|| PS4||XBOX ONE ||WII U (black) ||PS3 80G || Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Receiver || speakers: Infinity P363BK (2). || Infinity PC351BK (center). | (4) JBL ES10B || Infinity PS410BK subs (2).| Monster Power HDP2500 Power Center || Harmony 1100
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
Big3dfan Big3dfan is offline
Expert Member
 
Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banibale View Post
Can you watch your projector in broad day light or a bright living room?
I give you that....but with a proper screen and insane lumens of Epson 3010 you will be surprised what this baby puts out especially in its " living room mode" ! One thing is for sure, once you watch this big a screen, there is no going back. Plus with a tv that size you have worry about screen cracking accidentally and the sheer portability of a PJ beats the bulkiness of these behemoth tvs

Last edited by Big3dfan; 04-01-2012 at 03:05 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
banibale banibale is offline
Active Member
 
banibale's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
BRONX, NY
35
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3dfan View Post
I give you that....but with a proper screen and insane lumens of Epson 3010 you will be surprised what this baby puts out especially in its " living room mode" ! One thing is for sure, once you watch this big a screen, there is no going back. Plus with a tv that size you have worry about screen cracking accidentally and the sheer portability of a PJ beats the bulkiness of these behemoth tvs
Good to know that projectors have a living room mode.. I was considering the epson 6010 with a 106 elite electric screen , to make a combo setup , I have the space now but if I move maybe I will not have the proper room, that's why the sharp full array 80 3D LED tv might be the best choice for me.
combo setup :110 " Elite Screens TE110HW2-E24 Motorized EPSON 5020UB 3D projector with OPPO 103 || TV: 70" Sony KDL-70R550A with OPPO 93|| PS4||XBOX ONE ||WII U (black) ||PS3 80G || Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Receiver || speakers: Infinity P363BK (2). || Infinity PC351BK (center). | (4) JBL ES10B || Infinity PS410BK subs (2).| Monster Power HDP2500 Power Center || Harmony 1100
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
koover koover is offline
Special Member
 
koover's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona
2216
216
4
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banibale View Post
Good to know that projectors have a living room mode.. I was considering the epson 6010 with a 106 elite electric screen , to make a combo setup , I have the space now but if I move maybe I will not have the proper room, that's why the sharp full array 80 3D LED tv might be the best choice for me.
I'm going to be throwing my image no more than 13 feet on to an elite electric 120" screen. You don't have to have that huge of a room. Just don't buy a fixed screen, I didn't. If I move, all I have to do is unbolt the screen and projector and off I go. Of course there'll be some work to do on the ceiling and other odds and ends but IMHO, this is the way to go if you are thinking about going this big. I just bought the 6010 myself and install starts tomorrow. I'd MUCH rather have a PJ and screen than one of those 80" monsters.
Epson 6010 3D projector
Elite Cinetension electric 120" screen
Samsung UN55C800 55"
Denon 3808CI
7.2 Def Tech speakers with SVS PB2000 & PB12 NSD
Oppo BDP-93
APC J-10 power conditioner
Other stuff
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #9
banibale banibale is offline
Active Member
 
banibale's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
BRONX, NY
35
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koover View Post
I'm going to be throwing my image no more than 13 feet on to an elite electric 120" screen. You don't have to have that huge of a room. Just don't buy a fixed screen, I didn't. If I move, all I have to do is unbolt the screen and projector and off I go. Of course there'll be some work to do on the ceiling and other odds and ends but IMHO, this is the way to go if you are thinking about going this big. I just bought the 6010 myself and install starts tomorrow. I'd MUCH rather have a PJ and screen than one of those 80" monsters.
All right!!!!!..... congrats!... please can you post some screenshots here when you get everything ready? . And let me know if the picture is sharp and detailed like a hdtv because that's my major concern. I just came from bb I was checking out the elite 70" and yes the picture is breathtaking but Don't worth 7 or 8 $,k IMO. That's me in picture standing next to the 70" elite. IMAG0110.jpg
combo setup :110 " Elite Screens TE110HW2-E24 Motorized EPSON 5020UB 3D projector with OPPO 103 || TV: 70" Sony KDL-70R550A with OPPO 93|| PS4||XBOX ONE ||WII U (black) ||PS3 80G || Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Receiver || speakers: Infinity P363BK (2). || Infinity PC351BK (center). | (4) JBL ES10B || Infinity PS410BK subs (2).| Monster Power HDP2500 Power Center || Harmony 1100

Last edited by banibale; 04-01-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: typo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #10
Big3dfan Big3dfan is offline
Expert Member
 
Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banibale View Post
All right!!!!!..... congrats!... please can you post some screenshots here when you get everything ready? . And let me know if the picture is sharp and detailed like a hdtv because that's my major concern. I just came from bb I was checking out the elite 70" and yes the picture is breathtaking but Don't worth 7 or 8 $,k IMO. That's me in picture standing next to the 70" elite.
other goodies that come with PJ are the screen size is fully configurable and you can move it from room to room if you want to....the picture quality on my 3010 rivals my Samsung 55" in many ways. Why don't you get a PJ and see if you like it ? That's one great thing about the PJs is you can return it much easier than a TV...provided you make sure the seller has great return policy like Amazon or Bestbuy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #11
banibale banibale is offline
Active Member
 
banibale's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
BRONX, NY
35
12
Default

Anybody owns this tv ?.. please let me know! The sharp 80" 3D tv.
combo setup :110 " Elite Screens TE110HW2-E24 Motorized EPSON 5020UB 3D projector with OPPO 103 || TV: 70" Sony KDL-70R550A with OPPO 93|| PS4||XBOX ONE ||WII U (black) ||PS3 80G || Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Receiver || speakers: Infinity P363BK (2). || Infinity PC351BK (center). | (4) JBL ES10B || Infinity PS410BK subs (2).| Monster Power HDP2500 Power Center || Harmony 1100

Last edited by banibale; 02-01-2013 at 03:45 AM. Reason: typo
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Technology, News and General Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 AM.