Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #2861

Aug 2012
South Attleboro, MA

Got mine from Amazon on Monday ordered the 8th with prime. Oh well. Now I have it and can't wait to put this in the player.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #2862
Special Member

Oct 2010
Netherlands

Are all extras on this US disc 1080p/i? Like this review says?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Zodiac...ay/458/#Review

The rest of the world are all in SD quality, like the UK edition.

Final confirm would be nice.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #2863
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter V View Post
Are all extras on this US disc 1080p/i? Like this review says?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Zodiac...ay/458/#Review

The rest of the world are all in SD quality, like the UK edition.

Final confirm would be nice.
Yes, the US has all extras in HD, the UK has all but one extra in HD.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #2864

Jan 2013

I've been lurking and enjoying what I've been reading. Lots of good info. I ordered from WBshop back on 1/6 so I'm hoping mine ships within the next few days based on some of the dates I've been reading. I have Prime so I suppose I could cancel and just spend the extra $3, but I've seen the movie several times already so I'm not in a huge rush.

I was lucky enough to sell my 2 disc Director's Cut DVD version on eBay for around $15, so this will be a nice upgrade. Fincher is in my top 3 favorite current directors. PTA, Fincher and Mann. Scorsese is somewhere in there as well but I feel like he's a given when mentioning great directors. Kind of like listing Michael Jordan as one of the best basketball players...a bit pointless
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #2865
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Sold my UK one for what I paid for it, and just ordered the US one from amazon. I wasn't gonna pay 20 bucks, but for $12.99? Ordered.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #2866
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via AIM to deepbreathsanddeath Send a message via MSN to deepbreathsanddeath Send a message via Skype™ to deepbreathsanddeath

Isn't it hilarious that generally people on this site are like "I always pay like $5 per blu, $10 tops" but everyone is rushing to buy Zodiac for 13%-20% off simply because the OOP paramount release has haunted their dreams for ages? Don't get me wrong, I'm right there with you guys. I'm laughing at myself too. It's just so funny. I haven't seen anyone mention it but I think we're all secretly terrified if we don't order it now it'll go OOP again for some reason. We're a sad lot but when mine arrives in the mail I'll personally feel a little more complete :P
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #2867
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepbreathsanddeath View Post
Isn't it hilarious that generally people on this site are like "I always pay like $5 per blu, $10 tops" but everyone is rushing to buy Zodiac for 13%-20% off simply because the OOP paramount release has haunted their dreams for ages?
Hey, just because I waited to jump on Zodiac, don't lump me in with the skinflints!! My £50 JPN copy of Ghost In The Shell Innocence is testament to my insanity spending power.

Yes, Paramount's Zodiac *is* more desirable than Warner's international version, but at the end of the day it's still just a 5-year-old catalogue title so I was always gonna wait until it hit a suitable price point for me. I see what you're saying about the "not more than 5 bucks" brigade though.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #2868
Power Member

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepbreathsanddeath View Post
Isn't it hilarious that generally people on this site are like "I always pay like $5 per blu, $10 tops" but everyone is rushing to buy Zodiac for 13%-20% off simply because the OOP paramount release has haunted their dreams for ages? Don't get me wrong, I'm right there with you guys. I'm laughing at myself too. It's just so funny. I haven't seen anyone mention it but I think we're all secretly terrified if we don't order it now it'll go OOP again for some reason. We're a sad lot but when mine arrives in the mail I'll personally feel a little more complete :P
Since it's a 2 disc set, I can justify paying more than $10 for it. I just paid $13 for Minority Report on Sunday, same thing. I love Zodiac though, so I probably would've paid at least $15 for it.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #2869
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via AIM to deepbreathsanddeath Send a message via MSN to deepbreathsanddeath Send a message via Skype™ to deepbreathsanddeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Hey, just because I waited to jump on Zodiac, don't lump me in with the skinflints!! My £50 JPN copy of Ghost In The Shell Innocence is testament to my insanity spending power.

Yes, Paramount's Zodiac *is* more desirable than Warner's international version, but at the end of the day it's still just a 5-year-old catalogue title so I was always gonna wait until it hit a suitable price point for me. I see what you're saying about the "not more than 5 bucks" brigade though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Of November View Post
Since it's a 2 disc set, I can justify paying more than $10 for it. I just paid $13 for Minority Report on Sunday, same thing. I love Zodiac though, so I probably would've paid at least $15 for it.
I was never going to pay for the OOP Paramount release. I knew it would be re-released one of these days so I grabbed the UK release cheap to tide me over until then and it was good enough though I always secretly craved the 2-Disc release with lossless audio I also waited and have been rewarded with what I wanted for a good price.

Oh me too. I am more than happy with paying only $11.99 + $1.80 shipping for mine. It feels surreal that after all this time of thinking "Zodiac 2-Disc blu-ray is $60+" I'm getting it for under $15 shipped. I'll believe it when I'm holding it which should hopefully arrive in the next couple weeks :P Can't imagine how I'm going to feel when I am finally holding it.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #2870

Nov 2010

At last, my Fincher collection is almost complete.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #2871

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanxinto View Post
Do you dare buy Alien 3?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #2872
Special Member

Aug 2012
Elmhurst, NY

Ordered today for 7.99-12.99 originally, did the U&S at the express lane which got me the 5.00 off-should have on friday.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #2873
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanxinto View Post
David Fincher has a great cameo in Full Frontal too.

Mine is almost complete too

Alien 3
Seven
The Game
Fight Club
Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Zodiac
Social Network
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (different Disc art)
Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #2874
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator1989 View Post
Do you dare buy Alien 3?
Don't say that, I might just have to get Alien³ after Sony FINALLY pull their finger out and release Panic Room. Sure, I've got Alien³ in the Anthology box, but my Fincher lineup just won't look complete on the shelf without his first feature.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #2875
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
East of Seattle

I still need Zodiac, I don't count Alien 3 and I have Panic on DVD
No TV, No Facebook, No Smartphone, No Texting, No Social Media, No Credit Card, No Debit Card, No Passwords or user names, No Google (start page) One VPN e mail. Only Blu-ray.com because they will not delete my account. FUVK! Stop being a slave. This is the only place I am allowed to post. Write your congressman and stop me. This is all true
Old 02-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #2876

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator1989 View Post
Do you dare buy Alien 3?
I own the Alien Antology.
And Zodiac just arrived on wednesday.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:22 AM   #2877
Expert Member

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Don't say that, I might just have to get Alien³ after Sony FINALLY pull their finger out and release Panic Room. Sure, I've got Alien³ in the Anthology box, but my Fincher lineup just won't look complete on the shelf without his first feature.
So, you'd buy the same movie you already own just because of the way it looks on your shelf? Why don't you just take Alien 3 out of the Anthology and put it in its own case with downloaded cover art? That way the collection will look complete. Just sayin..

The again, you can probably find it for less than $10 so whatever works for you
Old 02-05-2013, 04:48 AM   #2878

Jan 2013

Well, WBshop is still showing "In Process", but I just happened to notice on my credit card account that there's a pending charge for $10.76 from them. So it seems like it'll be shipping soon if it's not already shipped and just not updated on the site. Ordered on 1/6, so it'll have been at least a month by the time it arrives.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #2879

Jan 2013

I just purchased this the other night (an original Paramount copy with the WB sticker on the back) and was immediately distracted by what appears to be a frozen grain pattern over most of the film's prologue. It's not in every shot but is very noticeable in others, specifically the long shot where the car rolls down the block and we see all the porches. There are other shots with the young couple in the car where it's glaringly obvious.

It looks like immobile blobs of noise or frozen grain. Interestingly it doesn't appear over actors' faces but surrounds them in the shots. I don't know if this is an encode error or if its just the way the film looks on all copies of the disc. Badly rendered visual effects? A faulty master? Any hints?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #2880
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluLamp View Post
I just purchased this the other night (an original Paramount copy with the WB sticker on the back) and was immediately distracted by what appears to be a frozen grain pattern over most of the film's prologue. It's not in every shot but is very noticeable in others, specifically the long shot where the car rolls down the block and we see all the porches. There are other shots with the young couple in the car where it's glaringly obvious.

It looks like immobile blobs of noise or frozen grain. Interestingly it doesn't appear over actors' faces but surrounds them in the shots. I don't know if this is an encode error or if its just the way the film looks on all copies of the disc. Badly rendered visual effects? A faulty master? Any hints?
Not sure, but I do know it was shot digitally back in 2006 when most big budget films were still shot on film (pre-Red and pre-Arri Alexa). I saw it on film in theaters (so the blu-ray would be totally off from that), and I own the Director's Cut DVD which seems to look kind of subpar. (probably because it's a nearly a 3 hour film slapped on a dvd).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America