Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Mr. Robot: Season 3.0 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

To Have and Have Not (Blu-ray)
$11.85
20 hrs ago
A Few Good Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34

The Dark Crystal 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Death Wish (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Pitch Perfect 3 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Old 01-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Well I have made up my mind and I am going with the Sony BDP S590. I cant find it at Target, Walmart and BB for $99.99 and that's a sweet deal for what this player can do. Hopefully I will get it this weekend and if not next week for sure.

Sony XBR55X900E.
Sony UBP-X800 4K Blu ray player.
Sony 7.2-Channel 4K A/V HD Receiver - STRDH770.
Center Channel Speaker: klipsch Synergy C3.
Tower Speakers: Klipsch SF12.
Surrounds: Sony Satellite Speakers.
Subwoofer: Polk Audio PSW 10.
Xfinity HD.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #42

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post

So yep, the S590 would just be right for you and at $100 it's dirt cheap
Any cheaper alternative to that? I saw that the Sony BDPS185 was recommended a lot, is it still up to date? Thanks
Old 06-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #43
zappar

JVB Digital sells region-free players and DIY mod kits.

Last edited by zappar; 06-23-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:04 AM   #44
Special Member

Jul 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221388
Old 06-09-2013, 04:29 AM   #45

Jun 2011

I recently bought a LG BP530, cuz it was on sale at Futureshop. Little did I know it is a region free. If you can find one (maybe discontinued) its worth a look. Price around $100. It also plays 3D.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #46
jollyllp

LG's BP620 also comes with an impressive array of standard options that allow for maximum functionality and flexibility. The video quality is stunning, with 3D playback and Full 1080p HD. This model uses HDMI 1.4 and video enhancement to deliver a flawless image, time and time again. It's also compatible with nearly any video format available, which is perfect when sharing movie files from your laptop via wireless networking (DLNA).......
Old 07-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #47

Jun 2012
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBoeuf View Post
I recently bought a LG BP530, cuz it was on sale at Futureshop. Little did I know it is a region free. If you can find one (maybe discontinued) its worth a look. Price around $100. It also plays 3D.
So do you think if I order this player off of Amazon, it will automatically come region free?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #48
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyron1995 View Post
So do you think if I order this player off of Amazon, it will automatically come region free?
Only if it's listed as region free in which case it is likely being sold from the Amazon Marketplace right?

Don't know if the LG does this, but the Orei the previous poster was mentioning will play any DVDs too including PAL and any frame rate of Blu-ray including 1080i50 region locked discs which is what sold it on me.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Only if it's listed as region free in which case it is likely being sold from the Amazon Marketplace right?

Don't know if the LG does this, but the Orei the previous poster was mentioning will play any DVDs too including PAL and any frame rate of Blu-ray including 1080i50 region locked discs which is what sold it on me.
Guess I'll be getting the orei! I need the 1080i 50hz capabilities for some of my BBC series that won't play even tho they're region free.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #50

Nov 2012
Default Orei

I have the OREI and it does it all. Old PAL, Reg b nor prob.
Thanks given by:
Mobe1969 (05-05-2014)
Old 10-31-2013, 02:46 AM   #51

Oct 2011
Vancouver
Default Best 3D Bluray Player Within $100-200?

The LG bluray player that came with the TV is starting to break down. Really have no idea what to get for this price range. I don't use netflix or anything that uses wifi, so anything other than a durable 3D player is useless.

I was looking at the ps3 as an option too since it's so cheap.

Preferably a unit I can purchase at a Canadian B&M store.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #52

Nov 2013
Default Region free players?

So I don't believe in restrictions. I really hate it when someone imposes some sort of rule that says X disk may only be played in Y country.

It never did make any sense to me and it sucks if you end up moving to another country, only to realize you need 2 players or convert everything again. Another reason is sometimes extra footage or special features are restricted to X country & that never sat well with me either. Where I am should never be a limiting factor & I feel I should get my money's worth regarless of my location.

This is where region free is very helpful.

Does anyone know a good region free 3d blu-ray play? (feel free to keep adding to that list)
If it's not on blu-ray, it's not worth purchasing.

Last edited by Bluray-or-Pirate; 11-03-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #53

Nov 2013

Search should have told me about this thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=207700

Of course it talks more about adding a mod to a player. I'm wondering more about native, mod free players. Things that can update and use blu-ray live.
If it's not on blu-ray, it's not worth purchasing.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #54
Special Member

Dec 2012
Default Looking for a cheap 3D player that doesn't suck

Just got a cheap 3D TV (LG 42LM3700) and now I'm looking for the cheapest 3D player I can get that doesn't load at a snail's pace (comparatively). I don't need any specific features like internet connectivity because disc-specific gimmicks hardly interest me and I hook up my laptop to the TV to use online streaming.

The only feature I need is to be able to set an audio delay, as I use speakers through the RCA outputs and the analog and digital signals don't match up. I have no clue whether this feature is common as it's not usually documented and I've only owned two players, a cheap and slow Magnavox and a cheap and reliable region-free Seiki, the former of which did not allow me to set any delay. I've currently been eying players on eBay, as that seems to be the place to find them at the cheapest, and I would greatly appreciate any help.
for (int i = wallet; wallet >= 0; wallet -= 50) {
if (typeBD.equalsIgnoreCase("Normal")) collectionCount += 3;
if (typeBD.equals("Criterion") || typeBD.equals("Steelbook")) collectionCount += 2;
if (typeBD.equalsIgnoreCase("OOP")) collectionCount +=1;
if (typeBD.equals("U&S")) collectionCount += 10;
}
Old 11-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #55
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Maybe take a look at the one I own. Sony BDP-S590 I see several people selling it on eBay. I believe you can set an audio delay on it, but to be honest I'm not 100% sure on that. I just think I remember seeing that option when I was first setting up the player a year or so ago. It loads pretty fast -- at least in my opinion. If you ever get into streaming, a few streaming services such as Vudu and Hulu are on there.
You can call me SDE ;)

DPM's Aliases

DisneyPixarMarvel, DizneyFanatic, Bennybronco, Madalynsmom, matmaniac, [Reserved]
Old 03-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Default Looking to buy new 3d Blu-ray player from USA

Any advice on where to order , and maybe what to order, a 3D Blu-ray player from the USA that has Vudu app installed?

Nothing here in Canada worth while will have the Vudu app built in. So I am looking for a place in the USA that will ship to Canada...thinking about it I guess eBay would.

But that still leaves the question of what would be a decent 3D player with Vudu built in. I'm not interested in spending a lot like the Oppo, that is too much for a player in my opinion. I have a Samsung 3600 or something like that form a couple years ago, piece of shit since day one. Panasonic maybe Sony? S790 was their flagship , but I don't see it listed on Vudus site as having Vudu available.

Thanks for your advice.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:59 AM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac View Post
Any advice on where to order , and maybe what to order, a 3D Blu-ray player from the USA that has Vudu app installed?

Nothing here in Canada worth while will have the Vudu app built in. So I am looking for a place in the USA that will ship to Canada...thinking about it I guess eBay would.

But that still leaves the question of what would be a decent 3D player with Vudu built in. I'm not interested in spending a lot like the Oppo, that is too much for a player in my opinion. I have a Samsung 3600 or something like that form a couple years ago, piece of shit since day one. Panasonic maybe Sony? S790 was their flagship , but I don't see it listed on Vudus site as having Vudu available.

Thanks for your advice.
Get the Sony S5100. Great all around Blu ray 3D player with Vudu installed.
Sony XBR55X900E.
Sony UBP-X800 4K Blu ray player.
Sony 7.2-Channel 4K A/V HD Receiver - STRDH770.
Center Channel Speaker: klipsch Synergy C3.
Tower Speakers: Klipsch SF12.
Surrounds: Sony Satellite Speakers.
Subwoofer: Polk Audio PSW 10.
Xfinity HD.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:13 AM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008

Thanks for that, I see that one listed a lot Seems popular choice of sellers.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #59

Dec 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Default Looking for 3D Blu-ray Player with 2D/3D Conversion and Depth Adjustment

I purchased a Vizio M551d-A2R towards the end of last year and am currently using it with my PlayStation 3 to view Blu-ray 3D content on it. Unlike the demonstrations in store, the 3D effect isn't as great in a home setting.

I was wondering if a Blu-ray player with the ability to adjust 3D depth would be able to provide a better 3D experience at home? Both the PS3 lack the capability to adjust the depth alongside converting 2D content to 3D (which I am sure sucks, but I still want to give it a go).

I do not care about internet based functionality as I have multiple devices connected to the Vizio that already provide that (e.g. Apple TV, Xbox One, the television itself, etc). I just want a Blu-ray 3D player that performs the best to its capabilities. If I should just keep the PS3 as the primary Blu-ray player, are there any tips in regards to settings on the TV to optimize 3D?
Old 03-28-2014, 06:25 PM   #60

Apr 2009
METRO NY AREA, LONG ISLAND, NORTH SHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kachmar View Post
I have the OREI and it does it all. Old PAL, Reg b nor prob.
Hi, just what blu ray and dvd formats can it play, as REGION FREE ?

Does it come REGION FREE, or does one have to download software ?

Does ANYONE else have REGION FREE ability with this player ?

Thanks,

Mike
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players