Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Gounod: Faust (Blu-ray)
$32.50
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Continuum: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion

Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 AM   #1

Mar 2011
PA
Default Need a cable. Did not know where to post.

My new house we bought was built in '95. I asked Comcast to come and try to put a line in for me. He said we can only do one story houses. Any higher you have to get an electrician in.
He then noticed that the cable wire that is in the house is outdated, most likely from when the house was built. He made it sound like a crime, in that he could shut me down cause it can't handle now-a-days HD, and cable internet and phone.

So I am looking to re-wire my house with some RG6-U cable. Any ideas on a good decent brand that is easy on the wallet. I figure a 1000' foot would be the way to go.
I heard a lot about belden. I think BLUEJEANS sells them, but to be honest I still think that place is expensive with their outdated 90's webpage.
I see a dayton audio and a JSC on PARTSEXPRESS. MONOPRICE has their cable but I do not think it is quad.

Any other ideas on a reputable website/brand would be of great help!

Thanks!

E9"
Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Most of my cables are from Bluejeans. I find that the Quality to Price combination suits me.
Mancave Man

Two Channel
Yamaha: CX-1000, B-6, T-85, CDX-5000, YP-D8, Cambridge Audio: 640P, Oppo: BDP-83, Klipsch: Klipschorns Modded with ALK Universal Crossovers & Crites CT-125 Tweeters.
Home Theater
Panasonic: PT-AE7000U, Elite: TE106HW2, Samsung: LN52B750, Marantz: AV8801, Parasound: 5250 V.2, Oppo: BDP-93, Toshiba: HD-A35, JBL Synthesis: PT800 (4), PC600, PS1400 (2), HTPS400 (4)
Old 01-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Just out of curiosity what exactly did he say was wrong with your existing cabling? Did he try to sell you on having Comcast redo it?

Also, I've always had good luck with Monoprice.
Steve
Old 01-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by easye9inches View Post
My new house we bought was built in '95. I asked Comcast to come and try to put a line in for me. He said we can only do one story houses. Any higher you have to get an electrician in.
He then noticed that the cable wire that is in the house is outdated, most likely from when the house was built. He made it sound like a crime, in that he could shut me down cause it can't handle now-a-days HD, and cable internet and phone.

So I am looking to re-wire my house with some RG6-U cable. Any ideas on a good decent brand that is easy on the wallet. I figure a 1000' foot would be the way to go.
I heard a lot about belden. I think BLUEJEANS sells them, but to be honest I still think that place is expensive with their outdated 90's webpage.
I see a dayton audio and a JSC on PARTSEXPRESS. MONOPRICE has their cable but I do not think it is quad.

Any other ideas on a reputable website/brand would be of great help!

Thanks!

E9"
Before you go out, and buy a lot of electrical wiring supplies (that you don't need) to re-wire your house, you should called another cable or satellite provider, and get a second opinion because, what Comcast has told you, just doesn't sound right. Your house is only 18 years old, not 80! It appears that, the Comcast installer was just too lazy, and didn't want to do the job because it's a two story house, which requires more work than he anticipated. So therefore, Comcast have told you a lie!

Last edited by slimdude; 01-13-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Ontario, Canada

Bull Crap to what he said. Most of the cables in my parents house were put in in 2001 and they're fine. I think he was trying to bleed you of money. I also think he was way too lazy to do more than the main floor, or he's scared of heights and didn't want to do the 2nd floor. Even if that's the case, it's their equipment, they should be replacing/rewiring the existing stuff for free, and since you would technically be a new customer, they should do the top floor free of charge. At least that's what the lame ass cable company here does.
TV: LG42LM6200 3DTV / Panasonic Viera TC-P50UT50
Blu Ray Player: Seiki BD 660 / Sony BDP-S590
HTPC: Running Ubuntu w/ XBMC
Consoles: Wii / Xbox 360

I'm Ron Burgundy?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #6

Mar 2010
Maryland, USA

Reminds me when I had Verizon first come out to put in FIOS, the guy insisted the battery backup had to go in the living room. I was at work and my wife told the guy HELL NO. My more tech savvy neighbor told me to call them to come back when I was home. Second installer said no problem sticking it in a spare bedroom that we use as a computer room. So you could even have Comcast come out again if you really wanted there service (like I did with FIOS).
Old 02-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #7

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatt View Post
Most of my cables are from Bluejeans. I find that the Quality to Price combination suits me.
Roger that.

ez
HDTV: Samsung LN46B750 46-inch LCD Display
Video Processor: DVDO iScan Duo
AV Receiver: Denon 4310-CI
Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-3
Blu-ray Player: OPPO BDP-93
Speakers: Paradigm Studio 60's,CC590,Studio 10's - all v5
Subwoofers: SVS PB10-NSD (x2)
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion