Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (Blu-ray)
$8.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 11-20-2012, 04:19 AM   #41
Special Member

May 2010

Starting to want this more and more. I almost bought it once, but grabbed Underworld Awakening instead for the same 19.99 price.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:13 AM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Starting to want this more and more. I almost bought it once, but grabbed Underworld Awakening instead for the same 19.99 price.
Yes, Bait 3D looks like an original setting for a shark movie. Deep Blue Sea I think was in a submerged building also, but I forget since I saw it in theaters way back when.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 View Post
The 3D is very strong in this one too. It is well worth the money!
Agreed. Finally got to see this one. Picked it up after finding it in Walmart for 12.98 on a side aisle end cap. It was the disc in a DVD box with a Blu Ray 3D disc (2D or 3D playback) and a DVD instead of the Blu Ray, as that set in the blu ray case goes for 19.99 at most stores. All I need is the blu ray 3D disc anyway, so this was great.

Bait's strong 3D is right up there with the 3D along side Drive Angry, My Bloody Valentine, Final Destination 3D and a few other horror 3D films, though Silent Hill Revelation 3D is still tough to beat.

I like the unique theme of a store getting flooded out from a Tsunami wave, and the sharks hunting the shoppers. Original for a shark movie, reminds me a little of Deep Blue Sea.

Thanks again for the feed back on this one.

EDIT: DVD/Blu Ray 3D pack 12.98 versus 19.99 for the Blu Ray 2D + Blu Ray 2D/3D pack:
I wish a lot more studios would release a DVD+ Blu Ray 3D combo pack like Bait 3D was for 12.98. This was a great deal, instead of getting a 2D only Blu Ray and a 2D/3D Blu Ray and a DVD pack for 19.99. I only watch the 2D blu ray disc if there's extras on there and then rarely again, so to be able to save with this DVD/Blu Ray 3D pack is a nice strategy by the distribution.

Last edited by Zivouhr; 12-02-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #44
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Agreed. Finally got to see this one. Picked it up after finding it in Walmart for 12.98 on a side aisle end cap. It was the disc in a DVD box with a Blu Ray 3D disc (2D or 3D playback) and a DVD instead of the Blu Ray, as that set in the blu ray case goes for 19.99 at most stores. All I need is the blu ray 3D disc anyway, so this was great.

Bait's strong 3D is right up there with the 3D along side Drive Angry, My Bloody Valentine, Final Destination 3D and a few other horror 3D films, though Silent Hill Revelation 3D is still tough to beat.

I like the unique theme of a store getting flooded out from a Tsunami wave, and the sharks hunting the shoppers. Original for a shark movie, reminds me a little of Deep Blue Sea.

Thanks again for the feed back on this one.

EDIT: DVD/Blu Ray 3D pack 12.98 versus 19.99 for the Blu Ray 2D + Blu Ray 2D/3D pack:
I wish a lot more studios would release a DVD+ Blu Ray 3D combo pack like Bait 3D was for 12.98. This was a great deal, instead of getting a 2D only Blu Ray and a 2D/3D Blu Ray and a DVD pack for 19.99. I only watch the 2D blu ray disc if there's extras on there and then rarely again, so to be able to save with this DVD/Blu Ray 3D pack is a nice strategy by the distribution.

Gonna try and pick this up if I can find it xD sounds awesome
Old 01-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #45
Expert Member

Apr 2012

I enjoyed this for what is was, a cheesey horror movie.

3D was spot on but the cgi needed work.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
I enjoyed this for what is was, a cheesey horror movie.

3D was spot on but the cgi needed work.
Some of it was OK, but that first shot near the beginning was horrendous!
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #47

Mar 2008
OHIO
Default Bait 3d

I was at walmart yesterday here in ohio and there selling it for 9.99.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #48

Oct 2010

Don't set your expectations too high, this is a 3 star movie even by B movie standards. 3D was decent.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald L King View Post
I was at walmart yesterday here in ohio and there selling it for 9.99.
I haven't watched it a second time yet, so maybe again soon if I get the time.

Yes, Walmart also has a black DVD case version of Bait, that if you look closely, says DVD + Blu Ray + 3D Combo Pack on the top, and says Bait 3D. Inside, you get 1 DVD 2D, and 1 Blu Ray 3D, which also plays in 2D if you want.

I agree, it's not the most exciting shark movie, but definitely unique, as I've never seen a shark movie that took place in a grocery store half submerged with water. Interesting film. Strong 3D with some medium 3D mixed in. Well done.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #50

Dec 2011
Erie, PA. USA

I just watched the 3D Blu-Ray of "Bait" last night, and I think it's great.

The 3D is strong, better than most, and WAY better than all of Hollywood's conversions.

As for 'Shark Movies' you either like them or you don't, but this one is exceptional for the genre. Original story, good cast, and the environments are outstanding. I would put this up against "Deep Blue Sea" any day.

This film had a $30 Million budget, so it's not a cheap 'direct to video' rip off. No part of this movie looks "Made for TV", in fact the set inside the grocery store is very "big budget".

I highly recommend this one for the collection.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #51

Aug 2010

Just picked this up at Walmart for 7.88. Haven't watched it yet, but should be worth the price.

Edit: it was in a blue blu ray case with a 3D/2D bd and a DVD.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #52
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelpdelaney View Post
Just picked this up at Walmart for 7.88. Haven't watched it yet, but should be worth the price.

Cant beat that price for what your getting. Great deal.
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDFilms View Post
I just watched the 3D Blu-Ray of "Bait" last night, and I think it's great.

The 3D is strong, better than most, and WAY better than all of Hollywood's conversions.

As for 'Shark Movies' you either like them or you don't, but this one is exceptional for the genre. Original story, good cast, and the environments are outstanding. I would put this up against "Deep Blue Sea" any day.

This film had a $30 Million budget, so it's not a cheap 'direct to video' rip off. No part of this movie looks "Made for TV", in fact the set inside the grocery store is very "big budget".

I highly recommend this one for the collection.
Glad you liked it GMDFilms. (How is the 3D developing with your newest production by the way? Great job overall with the 3D in your previous film Blood of Ohma).

Another positive about this one? When they're underwater, you can clearly see what is going on, unlike some underwater movies where everything is cloudy with little sense of space. I thought the small Dog was pretty funny. For continuity, I think there might have been two dogs used for the film at least, based on the dog's appearance, if one looks closely. No big deal though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelpdelaney View Post

Yes, great deal. I got mine for 12$ something, in a DVD case with Blu Ray 2D and 3D on one disc and a DVD.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #54

Oct 2011

If you can get it for around $10 it isn't a buy you will regret. The 3D is mild/inconsistent and definitely not strong. The movie itself doesn't fully exploit the monster situation for maximum campy fun. A bit underwhelming when I got to the end and I was like "this is it, this is the end?".

Last edited by tigermoth; 02-01-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #55

Dec 2011
Erie, PA. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Glad you liked it GMDFilms. (How is the 3D developing with your newest production by the way? Great job overall with the 3D in your previous film Blood of Ohma).
Thanks very much Z, quotes from your review of "Blood of Ohma" ended up on the Blu-Ray box. LOL.

My next 3D feature is titled "WISP" and it's a horror / thriller dealing with a Copycat Serial Killer. We start shooting in July 2013 for a Fall 2013 release.

I'll be shooting with a new camera and rig provided by Sony based on the TD Series of Pro-Sumer 3D Cameras. I've shot a couple of TV episodes with it, and the results have been outstanding. Gone is the vertical correction that caused the 'right eye' to drag slightly behind the left - removing nearly all ghosting and the new rig gives me manual control over focus, depth and convergence. It will be a big jump forward in the quality of the 3D.

When the film is finished late summer, I'll get in touch with you to send you a preview copy.

- Paul / GMDFilms
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

A read a great review... simply

This is the best Shark in a Supermarket movie I've seen.
Blu Rays are Forever
Old 02-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermoth View Post
If you can get it for around $10 it isn't a buy you will regret. The 3D is mild/inconsistent and definitely not strong. The movie itself doesn't fully exploit the monster situation for maximum campy fun. A bit underwhelming when I got to the end and I was like "this is it, this is the end?".
More Mild compared to Avatar, Flying Sword DG, Hugo. Strong compared to Harry Potter DH I and most of II, Green Lantern's mostly subtle 3D, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDFilms View Post
Thanks very much Z, quotes from your review of "Blood of Ohma" ended up on the Blu-Ray box. LOL.

My next 3D feature is titled "WISP" and it's a horror / thriller dealing with a Copycat Serial Killer. We start shooting in July 2013 for a Fall 2013 release.

I'll be shooting with a new camera and rig provided by Sony based on the TD Series of Pro-Sumer 3D Cameras. I've shot a couple of TV episodes with it, and the results have been outstanding. Gone is the vertical correction that caused the 'right eye' to drag slightly behind the left - removing nearly all ghosting and the new rig gives me manual control over focus, depth and convergence. It will be a big jump forward in the quality of the 3D.

When the film is finished late summer, I'll get in touch with you to send you a preview copy.

- Paul / GMDFilms
Hi Paul. Hey, that's awesome you're working on another Horror film. I'd be happy to check it out. Thanks for adding the quote, glad I could help a little. Your new movie sounds promising. Looking forward to your new 3D presentation also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
A read a great review... simply

This is the best Shark in a Supermarket movie I've seen.
Agreed.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #58
Expert Member

Apr 2012

I am a ww2 history buff and would love to be able to see this "blood of omaha", how can I go about this? I have a region B player.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #59

Dec 2011
Erie, PA. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
I am a ww2 history buff and would love to be able to see this "blood of omaha", how can I go about this? I have a region B player.
Sookymonster, the film is titled "Blood of Ohma", not "Omaha".

"Ohma" is a word used by Native American's in California for "BigFoot" or "Sasquatch". The movie is about a team of 'BigFoot' hunters who actually find and kill one, and how the event effects their lives.

It's available at Amazon.com, and you can also find it on Ebay, or from our own site at http://www.gmdfilms.com/bloodofohma/

The 3D Blu-Ray is Region Free, so no matter where you find it, it should play on your player.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #60
Special Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Just found it at my local Walmart for $13 in a DVD case. I decided to pick it up, it looks halfway decent and I've heard good things about the 3D.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies